OtakuBoards

What's your Favorite Anime Soundtrack?

0ber0n the Neko

My favourites, wow, thats a hard one, there are so many, I'll have to think a moment, I know what 'll do, I'll list the ones that come into my head, and then justify it

[B]Cowboy Be-Bop[/B]
Well, this was a brilliant series, apart from all episodes been named after songs, it was alos good when it cam to soundtracks, I liked the beginning themes Tank!, and the ending theme, The Real Folk Blues, they were so brilliant, whenever I listened to Tank! I always thought off past days, and it made me quite happy, and The Real Folk Blues just was, well brilliant, It made me have a tear in my eye everytime i heard it, there was just so much emotion in the song, how can't you like it?

[B]Gundam Wing[/B]
There were two in this series which I loved, one was the song played after Libra was destroyed, and Heero came out of the explosion, it was the last episode in Gundam Wing, it was just so full of emotions, you could feel the accomplishments of the pilots, and the people who fought in the battles. The second one was in the second episode of the Endless Waltz series, near the end, it just had the kind of beat which was racey, it put you in the action of the moment, and you felt like the people of Earth, it was so well made and accompanied.

[B]Outlaw Star[/B]
There are too many in this to mention, I love all the songs in this series, the beat, the kind of music, the passion of the writer and composer can be felt, the reason and the purpose of it can be seen in the animations as well as the music, it was just so well made, and my hat goes off to the composer, it just made you wanna be there, and Melfina's version of a song was just, well it made me feel her pain, and anguish, I don't know if it's just me, but music has a way to move me.

There are prolly alot more, but i can't really think of any more at the moment, I'll just leave this list of favourites, I also like the songs from Martian Successor Nedesico and Neon Genesis Evangelion, they are like the others, they have a purpose, and they have a meaning, they aren't just empty vessels and have no reason but to entertain, they tell a story.

Well anyway, there we go, I hoped you enjoyed this list, see ya around :)

The Initial D OSTs contains some amazing pieces of music and atleast in my book ranks as the king of anime OSTs =), (and among those top OSTs the Kenshin soundtrack would be there as well >_>). While I could go on and on about that, some other songs from animes that I really like and reccomend you download are "Barairo no Sekai" by Pierrot (from the Getbackers Anime, 2nd opening) and"Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line" (I forget who it's by but it's the opening to Chrno Crusade. And as if none of you could see this coming I am starting to like the Full Metal Alchemist soundtrack more and more o_O. While originally many of the songs came off as too tacky and generic for my tastes the more I listen to them the more i'm liking them rather than hating them. I'll post the name of the 3rd opening once I find out what it is because that's another song I reccomend you all download x_X... Eh but first i gotta find it myself >__>''

*edit* song name = "Undo" by Cool Joke.

my all time favorite soundtrack is the one for Cowboy bebop. the whole mix of songs plays in great with the whole show. i have tank on my mp3 player and it is an awesome song. the real folk blues ::sigh:: is a serious tear jerker in japanese or in english.

i also like trigun and inuyasha's st. The trigun one sounds kinda like bebop's but with a less serious tone to it . inuyasha's second ending song (what was it called?) really is cool since it has sesshomaru in the video!

i am an animagna conesseiur. my hobby is collecting all of the soundtracks and putting them into a cd collection. so far i only have inuyasha and bebop. i am working on trigun and others.

so there you go, my fave list for animanga soundtracks. i will leave you with this message.

the matrix has you!

I'd have to say my fave is the .hack//sign soundtrack. Altho, I don't have the 2nd one yet... :(
[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]thaiseraph, this is spam. In future please try and include as much detail in your posts as you can and use as few abbreviations as possible. It makes it much more interesting to read for everyone else, and makes yourself look much tidier as well. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[FONT=Verdana] My fave anime soundtrack is, of course (LOOK AT MY NAME) are the CCS soundtracks. Why? PSH. they're SO GOOD. My favourite of the CCS sndtrks
is the "Fuinsareta card" one. OMG. IT'S SO GOOD. I also like the Inu Yasha ones, but all the instrumentals are all based on one theme so i can't seem to remember which one is which. ._.; Well, that's it! ^_^[/FONT]

Guest gendou ikari
my favorite is the evangelion soundtrack. Its so deep and melodicle ,You have to love it!And besides i am obviously an eva freak :: pokes at avatar and user name :: :D

[COLOR=Navy]Hey there. ^_^ How about adding a bit more detail to your posts? They don't have to be super-long, but it'd be nice if you told us more about the Evangelion OST and why you like it.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

Wow, it's taking me a while to see how these posts work...

Anyway, When I was .hack//SIGN, I absolutly loved the music in the background. Each song is started perfectly and ended right where it needs to in the series. The whole anime was pulled together by the soundtrack in my opinion... (Though, I didn't realize the opening theme was in English until I got the DVDs... =^._.^= heh)

I really want to get Cowboy Bebop and FLCL soundtracks at the anime convention this year- I'm afraid those are the only anime shows that really caught my interest... =^-._-.^=

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]wolfy129[/B]
[I]Anyway, When I was .hack//SIGN, I absolutly loved the music in the background. Each song is started perfectly and ended right where it needs to in the series. The whole anime was pulled together by the soundtrack in my opinion... (Though, I didn't realize the opening theme was in English until I got the DVDs... =^._.^= heh)[/I][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=GREEN] It was the same way with me; I didn't relize the openning
theme for .hack//SIGN, [I]Obession[/I], was in English until I saw the episodes on DVD.

Anyways, for my favorite soundtracks, I enjoy most of the songs from Sailor Moon and Inuyasha, especially, [I]Fukai Mori[/I] and [I]My Will[/I] from Inuyasha and [I]Miracle Romance[/I] (the original SM openning theme) and [I] Princess Moon[/I] from Sailor Moon. The song and lyrics are just so beautiful.[/COLOR]

[color=firebrick] In my book, nothing will ever beat [b]Cowboy Bebop[/b] and Yoko Kanno's music when it comes to good anime music. She has a hold over numerous music styles, varying from jazz to classical and vocals to techno. The songs can be exciting and fun to listen to, and probably one of the biggest pro I have about the music is that it really matches what's going on in the show. I [b]hate[/b] it when they put random music on that doesn't match the anime. But anyways...I'm in love with the Seatbelts. *gush gush*

There's no real CD soundtrack to my knowledge, but [b]King of Bandits Jing[/b] has very nice music as well. The music in both the opening and ending themes are very well-suited to my tastes and the background music is also put together well. [again, it matches. ^_~] [b]Gravitation[/b] also has a good soundtrack, although in my opinion the background music for the ending theme lacks a bit. I just really like layered techo music, lol. In the anime, anywho, the background music is also pretty good when you listen to it. Can't say much for the vocals, though. :/[/color]

I'm really fond of the .Hack//Sing soundtrack, when I watch some of the shows I like ot listen to the backround music..the song I'm really into now is Bear (Kick-butt song on the show). But I am starting to look towards the gundam and Cowboy Bebop sountracks, they do have some songs I do like on there as well, thank goodness my birthday is next month :D

I'll go with the 3-volume OST for Tenshi ni Narumon! which contains light jazz, acoustic guitar, some light orchestral pieces and a few marvellous songs from COMA. Some pieces include nonsense words or "scat" vocals by COMA's singer (I can't make out what her name is), whose voice is not strong but candid and expressive.

The overall mood is playful and sets off the deeper songs and tunes. My favorite song is the ballad "Mikan no Aburidashi" on Volume 2, which relates somehow to the tragedy of Eros and Muse in the anime.

Guest gendou ikari
Yokko Kanno's music is very good, so maybe I'd have to say, the Rahxephon soundtrack and/or Bebop soundtrack. I love jazz, and Bebop really has my share of Jazz,so it's easy for me to say that I like Bebop's music.As for Rahxephon, i'm no lover of orchestrated music, but Yokko Kanno's work with that kind of thing is amazing, even though I don't particuarly care for orchestrated music, for some reason Rahxephon makes it enjoyable.

I am a big fan of any of Yokko Kanno's works so anything done by him, I can safely say, will be succesful,therefor, basically anything done by him, will appeall to me.

Thank you for your time,and Dzey Jenn.

The [B]X Origional Soundtrack: Volume 2[/B] is one of the BEST anime st's ever. And anyone who doesn't think so has obviously never heard it. :smirk:

[COLOR=Navy]I completely agree, but surely you can give us some concrete reasons.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[quote name='inu cabbit']inuyasha theme song sound track :D[/quote]

Five-word posts are simply not sufficient, m'dear. Next time, follow the example set by members such as maladjusted and densuke--both of them explain what they like about specific OSTs, and both use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. Your reply doesn't even meet the requirements for a complete sentence. Honestly, the least you can do is attempt to include both a subject and a verb. :rolleyes:

Lilith, your post could also stand to be somewhat longer. Please PM me or one of the other moderators if you have any questions about OtakuBoards' rules. ^_^

~Dagger~

I don't really know the song names in my ranma 1/2 cds, but I guess they are the songs found in the movies (trouble at nekonron china and nihao my concubine)
The songs are "It's Love" by Rabbit and "A Piece of Love" by Picasso. :confused:

So I guess my fave sountrack is my 2nd ranma cd: Ranma 1/2 complete vocal collection volume 2.

OH WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: I have 4 whole cds of pure RANMA!!!
I might as well like EVERY SINGLE SONG!!!!!!! :D
From the series to the docos to the movies....... I love them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
Sooooooooo.......... that's al I have to say. goodbye. :)

This thread has sort of died. It was a good concept, and some of the earlier replies are quite informative and well-written. However, I've been forced to edit several posts on the last page alone. At this point there's little reason for Solo, Queen Asuka and I to continue deleting spam from a topic that has already garnered a number of detailed warnings. Really, folks--try reading the rules and at least glancing over our comments to other members, as they apply equally to everyone.

Thread closed.

~Dagger~