OtakuBoards

Real Bout High School

Muad'Dib

Didn't see another thread for this one, so why not? Right, who else [COLOR=Red]absolutely loves[/COLOR] this manga? I picked up volume one in Borders one day, and instantly loved it. Not only does it have lots of awesome fight scenes, great humor, and the occasion plot-shock, but being about a bunch of high-school kids, it deal with some of our own problems! (well... I'll be in high-school next year, so technicaly they aren't my problems yet...)

The characters are developed incredibly well, and nothing ever seems to come out the way you expect it to!

Now I have volumes two and three as well! They're so awesome ^.^

Yeah the Real Bout Highschool manga is a good one, especially if you like over the top martial arts action and anime babes.

I have volumes 1-5, the only ones I've seen released, and I really enjoy the elaboratly illustrated fight scenes and the great cast of characters, my favorite being Taiho.

The story isn't bad either, and tends to get better with the release of each volume. The only bad thing is that I've only been able to read up to vol.5, and I bought it about a year ago. Whatsupwithat?

Has anyone seen vol.6 for sale anywhere, or has TokyoPop stopped releasing it?:therock:

Sorry, haven't seen anything past five either... jsut got four and five today (already read them both). And you're right, the plot line just keeps getting thicker!

As for favorite characters, Asuka is the best! NINJAS FOREVER! *ahem* anyway, isn't it sad how [spoiler]Tatsuya get's transferred? I mean, what the heck was he thinking?[/spoiler]

Anyway, I'm loving how it's coming along, especialy the variety of new characters being introduced so rapidly.

• 3 months later...
[B][COLOR=Navy][FONT=System][SIZE=3]I'm wondering if anybody heard or have any books on it. I just got the first book a few hours ago. I think it's pretty good, thats my thought. I'm just wondering what anybodys elses opinion.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

This should really be move to the manga section considering it's about the manga you are asking... I'm not particularly fond of this type of series, which typically relies on thin plot, mediocre to decent action scene with heavy emphasis on the build up and lots of fanservice...

Real bout REALLY doesn't stand out in anyway as far as the series goes (both manga and anime), if you like type of series, give shows manga/anime like battle vixen (ikki tousen) and tenjou tenge, both of which shares similiar themes.

[COLOR=SlateGray]I've read 5 of these novels (the others haven't come out over here yet :mad: ) and I think it's brilliant series. It's full of laughs and as it goes on the fights just get better. I haven't seen the series but for some reason I just can't see it working, it seems that RBHS would just work better in manga form.
I won't spoil anything for you but I suggest you keep on getting it, it just gets better.[/COLOR]

Guest Akyan
I thought real bout high was awesome and I can't wait until the next one comes out (by the way...I am new ^_^) :D

Guest dark_itachi814
[QUOTE=Crucifix][COLOR=SlateGray]I've read 5 of these novels (the others haven't come out over here yet :mad: ) and I think it's brilliant series. It's full of laughs and as it goes on the fights just get better. I haven't seen the series but for some reason I just can't see it working, it seems that RBHS would just work better in manga form.
I won't spoil anything for you but I suggest you keep on getting it, it just gets better.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Sorry to go off subject for a sec but I'm pretty sure there's only 6 altogether so only one more to go! Back on subject. I think it's great! The drawing is pretty good and it's hilarious! i have 2,3, and 5. hehe

yay!! rbhs fans!!! for so long this has been by far my fav series!!! and i'm so happy that i got the very last book the other day!!! neways this is a really great fighting series with interesting characters and and evil plots. i don't want to ruin the story by telling wut happens but to all people that like reading fighting, samuria, or girls who beet the crap outa boys :laugh: this is most defently the manga you wanna read. i really hope you enjoy it as mch as i did :D

• 3 months later...
Guest OtembatheGreat!
Ok, I'm new to this OB so please be nice...

What I'm going to talk about is about this fav. manga of mine..."Real Bout High School" I don't know if ya read it or is thinkin' or gettin'! anyways, This specific manga is going to be an action film here in the US. I'm mad cuz I love the manga but I didn't like the Anime...Sorry but the anime sucks! So I'm freakin' out cuz I don't want this kickass manga be ruined...*again*...in an action film...if there someone out there who agrees with me just send me a message!

:D ps. i need help on how to work this OtakuBoard postin' thingy! I'm open minded so I'll need the help from ya! any help will do! Thnx!

Guest FrozenBlueFlame
A while ago, I got one of the books... I don't think it was the first one though... Well, I decided to buy the anime on ebay, but I never got the change.

Lol, the funny thing is that I got my copy of RBHS on a music Warehouse. hahaha.

Guest Ketsu Seterusu
I haven't heard of the movie but i own all the manga and its one of my favorites (of course not better that naruto and Get backers is really good to) anime did look crappy, not pertaning (sp) to anything in the manga. i would say any manga fanatic should buy it ( specialy since its got hot sword weilding women) ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
Well I acutally own the whole set of Real Bout High School(Vol.1-6). You'll like the series. I don't want to tell you what happens because your on the first volume. Alright Real bout High School Is about Ryoko Wanting to be a great Woman and the best samuri. You know that guy with the one eyebrow? There like rivals. Well that's all I can tell you for now. :D

Guest YuzurihaNekoi
[quote name='Darkmark][B][COLOR=Navy][FONT=System][SIZE=3]I'm wondering if anybody heard or have any books on it. I just got the first book a few hours ago. I think it's pretty good, thats my thought. I'm just wondering what anybodys elses opinion.[/SIZE][/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

i have the whole series of RBHS and i think its great. the whole series is funny from start to the end plus in some of the books there are funny extra stuff^_^ the anime is also funny but the books are really awesome...the drawings are good and detailed and the story just gets really good. basically as the story goes on, ryoko get put in with group of girls who are all really good at fighting and they have these huge battles against guys...awesome series