OtakuBoards

Switchblade Romance

Syn

My first post in this forum ^__^;

Wrote a song for this band im in, my first try at writing lyrics so I must say, im rather proud.

I dont have much else to say, i'll let you get on with...reading it >>;;

[center][b]Switchblade Romance[/b]

Verse 1

Lying by you
Blinded by the flames of desire
Your body wrapped around mine
I bleed in eulogy
I spill my heart for you

Chorus

You cut me
Watch me flow
I cut you
Peel back the skin
And taste your life

Verse 2

Lying by you
Drowning within you
As the fire burns
You taste the lust
Spill your heart for me

Chorus

You cut me
Watch me flow
I cut you
Peel back the skin
And taste your life
Switchblade Romance[/center]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]I thought this was beautiful. There is so much imagery going on, I get plenty of movie-like scenes playing in my head.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000]The flow is nice and easy and there's no disturbance when you cut back from the chorus to the verse.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000]Excellent piece, Kenji ! ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]I like this song. I like the way it flows with the whole "me and you" sorta thing that it does. But yeah, the lyrics are kinda evil if you take it all literally o.o[/b][/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1]How long is the song gonna be though?[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Besides, switchblades are always cool (joke >_>)[/size][/font]

The song when its finished, I have no idea, since the lyrics are a little on the short side, im hoping the music will buff it out a little bit.

The words were meant to give you that darker image, its really the whole point really....but if you look deeper, its more of a sick way of looking at love and relationships. *shrug*

Thanks for the few comments that people took the time to post.

I love dark imagery!!!

It's so dark! lol

I can't wait till your band adds music to this. I so want to hear it being sung...and with guitar and bass playing a tune along with it no less.

I noticed how it was talking about romance. Pretty interesting. I like how it how flows nicely, and how it is short and to the point.

[font=Verdana][size=1]Like I said when you showed this to me; it's a great piece. It flows well and it seems easily transcribable to music. I'm glad you cut out those few words -- it definately makes it flow better and allows the lyrics to be more concise. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]So well done, hee. Especially when it's one of your first.[/size][/font]