Syn Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 My first post in this forum ^__^; Wrote a song for this band im in, my first try at writing lyrics so I must say, im rather proud. I dont have much else to say, i'll let you get on with...reading it >>;; [center][b]Switchblade Romance[/b] Verse 1 Lying by you Blinded by the flames of desire Your body wrapped around mine I bleed in eulogy I spill my heart for you Chorus You cut me Watch me flow I cut you Peel back the skin And taste your life Verse 2 Lying by you Drowning within you As the fire burns You taste the lust Spill your heart for me Chorus You cut me Watch me flow I cut you Peel back the skin And taste your life Switchblade Romance[/center]
Xander Harris Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 My first reaction was.... wow, that's kind of gross if taken literally. I assume you are talking more in emotional and spiritual terms, though ;)
Mimmsicle Posted April 9, 2004 Posted April 9, 2004 [font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]I thought this was beautiful. There is so much imagery going on, I get plenty of movie-like scenes playing in my head.[/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000]The flow is nice and easy and there's no disturbance when you cut back from the chorus to the verse.[/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][color=#8b0000]Excellent piece, Kenji ! ^_^[/color][/size][/font]
conpiracymonki Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [font=Verdana][size=1][b]I like this song. I like the way it flows with the whole "me and you" sorta thing that it does. But yeah, the lyrics are kinda evil if you take it all literally o.o[/b][/size][/font] [b][font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font][/b] [b][font=Verdana][size=1]How long is the song gonna be though?[/size][/font][/b] [b][font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font][/b] [font=Verdana][size=1]Besides, switchblades are always cool (joke >_>)[/size][/font]
Syn Posted April 10, 2004 Author Posted April 10, 2004 The song when its finished, I have no idea, since the lyrics are a little on the short side, im hoping the music will buff it out a little bit. The words were meant to give you that darker image, its really the whole point really....but if you look deeper, its more of a sick way of looking at love and relationships. *shrug* Thanks for the few comments that people took the time to post.
Japan Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 I love dark imagery!!! It's so dark! lol I can't wait till your band adds music to this. I so want to hear it being sung...and with guitar and bass playing a tune along with it no less. I noticed how it was talking about romance. Pretty interesting. I like how it how flows nicely, and how it is short and to the point.
Lady Asphyxia Posted April 10, 2004 Posted April 10, 2004 [font=Verdana][size=1]Like I said when you showed this to me; it's a great piece. It flows well and it seems easily transcribable to music. I'm glad you cut out those few words -- it definately makes it flow better and allows the lyrics to be more concise. [/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font] [font=Verdana][size=1]So well done, hee. Especially when it's one of your first.[/size][/font]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now