OtakuBoards

Final Year

Rokuki

Senior Year to most people can be the longest not to mention most frustrating school year in your entire life. You have to study harder than you've ever done, most of the time you'll become depressed and overwhelmed with so much going on, seeing what colleges will accept you (gawd it hurts when they don't), spending so much money for scholarships and graduation packs, class rings. (if I'm missing anything someone tell me).

At some points being a senior isn't all that bad cause this is your last year of high school and at some point you're just gonna have to enjoy it.When you think about it, graduation is gonna be sweet, but it's also gonna be sad, cause you're finally out of there, but there might be some people you'll never see in the longest (yes including some of your favorite teachers). This is my final year and I'm glad to be leaving my high school for good, but i'm really upset that some of my friends from school will be going out of state for college and some won't be graduates for another couple years. On the other hand, i'm glad that I'll be going to Art Institute starting in October.

So what's senior like for you so far. Trouble? Doing good?

[quote name='Rokuki']spending so much money for scholarships and graduation packs, class rings. (if I'm missing anything someone tell me).[/quote]

When I graduated I also had the cost of the cap and gown, Senior pictures, Senior Frolic (Senior class all night party) and Senior class t-shirts. The shirts had our class motto, graduation year and signatures of the class printed on them.

I am not a Senior this year, in fact this year is my 10 year class reunion! Eegah I am old compaired to many people on this message board! I do have very fond, and not so fond memories of my Senior year. I remember being stressed out about this and that and complaining the entire time that I couldn't wait to get out of there! I am glad I don't have to do that again!

There was also a part of me that was sad. I had gone to school with many of the same people since Kindergarden. That is a very long time to spend with the same group of people. Many of which I haven't seen since we graduated and that is sad. Some of my classmates have gone on to become successful in their careers while others are in prison. It is very strange where life will take you.

My advice is enjoy all of it. Work through the stressful times but don't forget to take some time out to spend with your friends. You never know what life with throw at you and you don't want to have any regrets about not doing something or telling someone that they are important to you.

Congrats on your Senior year and hope you have some wonderful memories from this crazy time. I know I have some great ones from my Senior year....10 long years ago....man, I'm old.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]my senior year is turning out to be kind of disappointing. my family is pretty poor, so i don't have the money for any of the stuff that most seniors buy, like class rings, t-shirts, prom...

however, i am on the graduation committee at my school, so i'm helping plan (which is a big deal, because the alternative schools usually don't get to participate in this stuff), and i got dual acceptance to UNC and Aims Comm. College, starting this fall! =^_^= yay for senior year![/FONT]

[color=sienna]Wow, My Senior Year...

I guess my Senior Year was "normal", nothing out of the ordinar and yet, not so quite. I studied on a Catholic School, so everything was very, how do I say it, boring. I have great memories of it. I remeber singing in front of the class and also, in front of the other 500 students there. Some guys from my class were thinking of doing it as a surprise, even to me. But everything turned out really great and we had a blast on that day too.

At night, the Dance. I went with some friends, since I didn't had a date to go with. But it was all good. I still remeber it clearly, and to think it was 7 years ago. So there Panda, don't feel old, you are not alone here ~_^.

I still have mostly the same friends as in Senior Year. In fact, we were college budds. Everytime we get together and remember our Senior Year, we have a great time, and drink to those old times!!

Ok, I feel (and sound) old now. So there, I had a good Senior Year.[/color]

I graduate in eight wonderful weeks. I think the hardest part about senior year for me is that I'm so tired of school I can barely will myself to go and get my final credits. But I am and I will. I didn't buy a class ring, mostly because my school was a piece of crap. Why would I buy a $500 ring to commemorate a place I hate with a passion. I kind of regret not going to a regular highschool because I never got that real high school experience. I went to a vocational school that also taught adults so it was extra strict, we were basically forced to act the way we would at a job or something similar. It was also very new and it didn't have a lot of classes I would have liked to take [like French or Phsychology] or good teachers for that matter, lots of perverts.

Senior year in itself has been a bit hectic because of the final minute things our school forgot to mention we needed. I'm going to prom because my friends insisted and I have grad night (at Disney World) on the 30th. I'm looking forward to the last moments of irresponsibility without reprucusion that I have left. I'll be moving to Chicago shortly after graduation and if anything I think that's the real event for me. I can't wait ^_^

I graduate in about a couple months, I think.

Senior year has been decent enough, I suppose. A lot of people I know have been wracking their brains over college and going absolutely nuts. I only applied to a few colleges, two of which I knew I could get into easily enough and one that I figured I would have a tough time getting into. Everyone else was going crazy and applying to just about every college in the state lol. I thought that was pretty funny.

This year has probably been the best of my high school years so far. I have classes I enjoy, despite the amount of work that I need to put into them, and my sister started high school this year, so I've been showing her the ropes and training her to dislike high school as much as I have. She'll turn out good, that one, especially seeing as she's not lazy like me :p

All that other stuff like dances, rings, pictures, I have no real interest in, because they're so expensive. I only bought a yearbook, because I figured it would be nice to be able to at least have a [i]few[/i] memories of high school to look back on when I'm old and senile.

I am looking forward to graduation week, surprisngly, because it actually sounds like it'll be a fun time. Honestly, there are a lot of people that I'm not really going to miss, but there are a couple people that I'd like to say goodbye to and let them know what kickass friends they've been.

So, yeah, Senior year has been alright. As good as high school can be, I guess.

[size=1]Graduation is June 6th.

It's hard to say whether I've been more stressed this year that other years. I'd guess not--while there are some things exclusive to Senior year, I take school in general a lot less seriously. It evens out.

I think I'm just ready to be done. [/size]

[size=1][color=red] Next year's my death lisp.

Well, I got myself to take the ACT this year--junior year--so all is well. I can take it again, and I know what to expect.

I haven't gone on looking for colleges yet. I don't really care, as long as I get to a college, and I get something I can get a decent job with. I'm thinking of majoring in Creative Writing. . .but I suppose that's terrible. I should just become a lawyer, roll in the bucks, and be a part of our blind justice system. Sounds good to me. Or maybe not.

I'm pretty perfunctory on this subject anyway. After school's more of the same. . .at least four years of college. Then it's off to work for about forty or whatnot else years. Then it's retiring. Then it's dying.

Sounds good to me. Or maybe not.

Damn, I repeat myself too much.

Basically, I don't like the way my life's forced like this. What can you do.

I don't have any direction. All I know is I graduate next year, then it's off to college hopefully, then it's off to slaving away, getting the money, perhaps loving some girl (riiight), and that's it. That's my life, with writing on the side. And being me on the side.

Well, there's been lessers that've done something in this world--gotten their job and all, and retired. I can do it, I hope. It's gonna take a lot of will though. I think it's sad that I waste my life working, going to school. There's so much better I could do. If I could just do things at my own pace, it'd be better. But, of course, reality stares. That stone gargoyle. It's a lot to face up to. . .trying to equal that stare.

Why the hell would anyone, in a right and sane mind, get a class ring? School's hell for me. The only thing I like are the people. The people are what make it better. I don't even care, most cases, what the teacher's teaching me. . .what I care about is what the teacher is as a person--what's their personality. And what's my fellow peers' attitudes and personalities.

What a waste of time I think. Ah well. I'll find something that'll matter and make it work out, hopefully. Right.

Yeah, just mind me. Go about your way.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]yes....I agree with Mitch. But we do have direction. It's just how we choose to get to that point. As a normal person we're meant to get educated, work, retire then die.I don't feel any sense of attatchment to the people. Some of them aren't half bad though. Only good for laughing and wasting time with. My senior year is boring so far. I often ask myself why the hell am I still there?? The obvious answer is for the benefit of my future self.

I'm just jumping with exuberance at the suspense of going through all the excitment of life!!

Honestly though, I plan on skipping my last year at senior high school and go straight to University. No point sticking around in that educational prison facility when I have an exit just waiting for me to push open. All I need to put into is actual work. However if I fail that assessment for the third time at the end of the year I might as well not even bother applying.

As for the rest of my life. I plan of getting a fancy degree, make lots of dough and have some (a lot) of fun along the way. If I'm going to retire I might as well do it rich.[/COLOR]

Man, I'm glad to get many replies on this thread. Most of you guys I can relate to when it comes to most things in school and life itself. A few of my friends who are already in college tell me to don't get too excited about going to college because even though you're not around the people you hated so much and other things, college will bring you down even more, but you'll at least get to enjoy some of the things you're best at and get to meet some new faces (that's their opinions).

The part about paying for somethings during senior year like class rings, yearbooks, etc. I think the only things we should pay for is just the ring and maybe a laptop if you buy one from the school (if your school sells them). My senior year is going by a bit fast for me, maybe its because I hardly get any homework from my classes, just projects, but I'm also a bit disappointed by the lack of the challenging work I've been hearing about since I began high school.

Another question I wanna ask to people who are already in college: Does college really make you poor? What I'm asking is that some of my college friends say that if you don't have a job during college you'd lack alot of money. Don't worry people, I still want your opinions about senior year.

[QUOTE=Rokuki]
Another question I wanna ask to people who are already in college: Does college really make you poor? What I'm asking is that some of my college friends say that if you don't have a job during college you'd lack alot of money. Don't worry people, I still want your opinions about senior year.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
i can't really say whether or not college makes you poor... i have basically a free ride because of my family's financial state, my ethnicity, and some other factors.

if you need money for college, go to fafsa.ed.gov and apply for federal student aid. it'll help a lot =^_^=[/FONT]

[color=darkviolet]As you can see from the title, I'm old too. I've been out of highschool for five years now.

I had the cost of a cap and gown, senior prom ticket, senior year book, senior banquet, senior picture, and that's it.

I didn't bother with the ring because for me high school was 4 years of tortuous incarceration which I don't care to remember. I was so glad to be out of that place.

Okay well, now you know my feelings. Time for Queer Eye at the old folk's home![/color]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Senior year; big whup. Why bother getting all excited; I'll just be a freshmen at Hillsborough Community College next year. High school is just an arbitrary stepping-stone on my path to a good career, and certain greatness.

The people I've seen really enjoying their Senior Year are those who typically take high school waaaayyy too seriously. Can't say I envy them; I'd much rather just check off the block and continue on. I got the grades, which are all I needed. Let's move on, please.

Grranted, I hope Prom and Grad Night are cool. ^^; [/color][/size][/font]

For me, senior year has been ok. I graduate June 7th (yay!) and I'm looking forward to it. Costs... I decided to forgo the big graduation things, like anouncements and all the other stuff they try to make us buy, but I did buy a cap and gown, yearbook, and I've spent the whole year trying to a salesman to raise money for my senior class trip, which is in a few weeks. *I'm going to Florida! Horray for something different!*. My last year has been a bit different than most peoples', seeing as I'm only in school for about two subjects. I spend my mornings taking a class at a local college, as part of their program that lets us high schoolers take a course a semester at a reduced cost. I'm already accepted, but I'm worried that I won't be able to live on campus... to me, it's a big deal of if I stay at home with my large family, or finally go off by myself. *Commences looking for a summer job* Oh yeah, unless you have a good job, or family money, then you will be poor. I felt guilty trying to sell my fundraiser things to the people I knew in class. Trust me, plan ahead.

I'm not doing much on the Studying Front. Mainly because I have passed all the classes that I'm required to.

Really the only thing that is stressing me out is the fact that I'm finally happy with my life in High School and it is all coming to an end. It now feels like the weight of the world has just crashed onto me and no one is able to pick up the rubble.

College applications, scholarship applications, cap and gown fees, other senior stuff fees. It's all getting to me and it actually made me break down one night at a basketball game. I got in a real pissy mood and actually punched my best friend in the nose... breaking it in the process. Luckily he forgave me quickly.

I guess I crack under some pressure.

Guest Sambo
Last year for me as well. The pressure is incredible.

You have to do well.
You have to go to uni.
You've got to get a good job.
You've got to support your old man when he retires.

Maybe if dad saved some of his 6 digit salary...

But what REALLY sucks about this year is getting smashed at a party, waking up with a hangover and remembering there's an exam.

I'll be graduating next year. It sounds so strange though. I'll be getting my senior pictures taken soon though.

I'm one of the few people I know who isn't looking forward to graduating. Its only going to get harder, and I'm scared to death about my future. I know what I want to do but going about it is going to be very difficult. Its not a common job description unless you live in Japan. -_-;

Well, this is my senior year this year. I never bought a class ring... an absurd amount of money for a piece of jewlery signifying what? That you went to high school? Most people go to high school. I don't need to go bankrupt to prove it.

My parents tell me that back in the day class rings cost 25 bucks, and you gave them to your girlfriend in college... Whatever.

I did manage to find a once-a-week in the summer job for a few years, so I'm able to afford prom. Our class made so much money last year, that I don't have to pay for graduation robes. I find I kind of enjoy being a senior. We get open campus. We don't have to come back next year. The teachers who have ruled our lives for so long will never have any power over us again. My favorite teachers are retiring, so I got to be in the final class to have them. I had the lead in the play this year and went to all-state speech (finally!). So all in all, I think senior year has been pretty good.

I actually could care less if I see anyone in my class again, but about 10 of them are going to the same college as me. They are all people I get along with decently, though, so it's all good.

Most of my friends right now are a grade or two below me, and I'm going to college 20 minutes away, so yeah, I'm not really going to be missing anyone next year.

Except one of my best friends who will be joining the Navy sometime next year. He wants to be a SEAL. We'll see how that goes...