OtakuBoards

is there going to be a third super smash bros.?

JuliasPeach

ok i know i'm asking alot but do you think there will be a third Super Smash
Bros.? because it has been a while since Melee!

If so what new characters would there be?
King dee dee dee, wadle doo/dee, sonic?

I herd this rumor a while ago and herd it was going to be called Super Smash
Brothers Tornament.

Is there any truth to these rumors?? :confused:

Please set me strait!! :wigout:

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Well there hasnt really been anything confirmed about a Super Smash Brothers sequel, but im sure there will be since Nintendo seems to love franchises ( Mario Party series, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, ect.). If the sequel is not on the Gamecube then it will probabally be on the DS or the next Nintendo console. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I would LOVE for there to be a new Smash Bros. game (especially since Melee left so much room for improvement, especially level-wise and Bowser-wise). But I don't believe anything at all has been announced. Unless Nintendo hints at it in a couple of weeks at E3, don't expect it any time soon.

Although if Nintendo did release another SSB game it would sell extremely well. I don't know why they haven't done so already.

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]Well as Super Samsh Bros. has been one of Nintedos best selling series, in my own opinion I'd say it's more than likely that Nintendo will release a sequel to Super Smash Bros. Melee at some stage in the future. I'd personally doubt they'll show it at E3 unless they've been working on it in secret for the last few months as a suprise for Nintendo brawlers. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=black]As BlueGender was getting at, I'd say that the sequel may not appear on the Gamecube since Nintendo are eager to release their Next-Generation console ahead of their competition. Nintendo are saying that they will have the console out by 2005 although I'm not sure when but it seems to me anyway that Nintendo might hold off the sequel as a starter for the "N5" like it did with the Gamecube. [/color][/size][/font]

True. Rumour has it that the next SSB game to be released will be on the next Nintendo console and is to be the first, or one of the first, games to be released with it.

Frankly though, doesn't SSB seem just like a franchise? That Nintendo must release at least one game per console, kind of like the Mario games? Just a thought really, because one type of SSB game was enough for me, as I got the kind of "played one played them all" attitude since there wasn't really much of an improvement between SSB and Melee except for the BIG boost in selectable characters.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]I thought there was a huge boost between SSB and Melee there was a huge replay factor added to Melee. You could unlock everything in SSB in a few hours but in Melee if you truely want every thing you have to go through the trouble of playing other games such as pikmin and it could take months to get everything. I also like the ranking system for multiplayer that added replay for me as well. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]