OtakuBoards

Digimon

Guest Izumi Yagami

Guest Nemea
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Narrow]I loved Digimon, for many many years. =] But after the third season, I got tired of it. =\ The first season was still the best, I think. Tai and his hair are still the first things that come to mind when I think of Digimon. =] The second season was good too, but after that it got weird, I thought.[/FONT][/SIZE]

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Seasons 1 and 3 the best. The story line of S1 was great and I liked the chibiness of Kari and Gatomon. But Matt and Gabumon are the best team from that season. But I missed the "Dark Masters" saga...evil mother...anyways, S1 was great but not as good as S3.

S3 was the best because mainly of the character development and the designs for the Digimon. Guilmon (Takatos Digimon) was an idiot but too darn cute to think of him in a bad way. I liked Rikus bad girl attitiude and the way she can make any Digimon mence meat with Renamon. And the theory with Bio Merging....I thought I was gonna have a heart attack when Takato and Guilmon fused..even though I didn't see the battle between the fused form and Beelzemon. and Beelzemon was kick arse too when he grew those wings!...I want black wings too....

Seaons 2 and 4 threw me off greatly. Mainly because S2 had crappy characters (Davis and Ken), and rather weak Digimon. The only ones I liked from that one was...Veemon, Gabumon, Matt, Agumon, Gatomon, Kari, Sora, and Imperialdramon. S4 had no relavence to the original story line of the first 3 seasons. I mean, if the 10 Legendary Warriors were in the Digital World during S1, why didn't they just have the orginal Digidestined use the spirits to fight off Devimon, Myotistmon, and Peidmon. They really messed up during S4.

I did hear that they are making a Season 5, but I can't seem to find any info on it...of course I heard it from a friend, so I can't rely on that much.

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]X-Revolution isn't tied in with TOEI, am I correct? Because they officially announced that Digimon was ending at season 4. I was hoping they stayed that way. Since I just banned Digimon from my life after the 3rd episode of S4. Too unbearable to see how Digimon would end there.

Season 1 was cool. It got me hyped up with the whole series. S1 was close to being my favorite out of the series. The ending was great and then Digimon started to become bland.... at Season 2

Season 2 wasn't good. The choice of characters and personality wasn't tuning in. We got the traditional goggle boy, a girl who seemed to have 2 personlities, and... a very small boy with a bullcut who had no emotions. Also the egotistical, evil dude named Ken....... I will cut from there.

Season 3 was the best of the whole serie!! This totally rebuilt Digimon and then some. It was the funniest, the most dramatic, and action packed. I still remember the infamous "Snot Blaster" :). I loved Guilmon. And his powerful digivolutions (wow I actually remembered those terms and after at least 2 years too) Bio-merging was something, something that really knocked me out.

Season 4 was unbearable. I heard the ending sucked. When I banned Digimon from my life after episode 3, I used my friends to give me summaries. It was cool at some episodes. But it stunk mostly. The 10 legendary Warriors bit and the constant "teamwork" messege annoyed me.

Season 5 should be something to amke up for 4. If not, Digimon is no more for me.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff'](ooohh, remember Ginny, anyone? Lol).[/color][/quote]

Always. :)

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff']I think Devidramon's rants finally convinced me that Season three was the best, and I believe it really is. Like Solo said, the feel was totally different from S1 or S2, and a refreshing change. And the characters all developed quite well, I'd say. The best part was when Myotismon DIDN'T appear. Actually, the best part was the ending. That was absolutely great when Takato, well.... you know, if you saw the last ep. ^^;;;[/color][/quote]

Somebody (besides me) actually remembers [I]Devidramon?[/I] O.o Wow.

I think the only season I actually saw all of was Season 1. Season 1 did what it was supposed to do, in that it drew people into watching the show. It, more than any other season, contained the aspect of surviving in a dangerous environment. They had to worry about finding food for themselves, protecting themselves from wild digimon, protecting themselves from the environment; all of that. And then toss Devimon into the mix. :p And then all of the digimon with Black Gears. The other Digidestined pale in comparison.

(And I'm not even tapping what they did [I]after[/I] File Island.)

Season 2, the Digidestined were faced with a similar sort of enemy, but one with a great advantage. Devimon was a digimon, while Ken was human. Would the Digidestined be willing to destroy one of their own kind? Perhaps. But not as readily as they would destroy a digimon. Ken, too, had influence like Devimon did. Black Rings, as opposed to Black Gears. Then eventually the Dark Spirals.

The thing that lessens the Digidestined of Season 2, in my opinion, is that they had an escape. They could leave the Digital World almost at will. The Digital Portals were everywhere, and they could escape through one just as soon as the situation required it. Season 1 Digidestined did not have that opportunity.

(The ending of Season 2 did seem a great deal rushed.)

I guess I can't really say much about the Season 3 Digidestined, as I missed out on most of the series. Including, I'd imagine, the ones most formative to character development. I do know, though, that unlike Season 2, they didn't have an escape route. The Digimon were coming into their world. But but then again, they didn't have to worry so much as finding food or a place to stay for the night.

I think I saw one brief advertisement that hinted at Season 4, and that was it. Heh, that is my entire experience dealing with that particular season.

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#503f86]Well, this is (kind of) what a lot of people have been waiting for- a new Digimon project.

[QUOTE]Translated by Megchan:
Translation of press release on GameWatch by Megchan:
Bandai to Start New "Digital Monster" Project Developing a Full Length CG Anime and Game Soft for 2005

Bandai has announced a new project with their "Digital Monster" characters. At the project's core will be "Digital Monster X-evolution", a new anime released in 2005.

"Digital Monster X-evolution" is a full length animation done entirely in CG. The creators include Kakudou Hiroyuki (director of the TV series "Digimon Adventure" and "Digimon Adventure 02") as director, and Itou Kazunori, who worked on "Gamera" and ".hack", and Kawasaki Miwa, who was in charge of the novelization of ".hack" and the script for "Air Master", as scriptwriters. Done entirely in CG, it will concentrate on the "digital" part of "Digimon".

Along with this new animation, there will be new games, cards, figures, etc. Nothing concrete has been revealed yet about these products, but a game based on "X-evolution" will likely be released sometime in 2005. [/QUOTE][QUOTE]From Bandai's press release:
A virtual world was created by the present-day network called the "Digital World". The "Digital Monster", which is a digital life object, was born, and the host computer Yggdrasil managed the different Digital World areas. However, it developed the X Program of fear to eliminate all Digimon in the old world and develop a new Digital World for only certain Digimon...
Now, the greatest crisis ever approaches the Digital World!![/QUOTE]Here are a few tasty images for you-

[IMG]http://shiningcelebi.coolfreepage.com/images/new_digimon.jpg[/IMG]

The story's a little sketchy at best, but it's said to focus more on the 'Digital' side of the series' reality. I've no idea whether it'll have any connection to the previous four seasons or not.

[IMG]http://shiningcelebi.coolfreepage.com/images/new_digimon_03.jpg[/IMG]
He looks pretty cute, heh.

What do you think? Too little too late, or enough to get things rolling again?[/color]

The CG animation would be a nice twist, I think. I'd watch it, had I cable on my TV.

Even if it is too late for hardcore digimon fans, there's still new generations of kids to pick up on the series and carry the merchandise market.

I'm still trying to puzzle just who it is that is standing off to the left in that first picture. It looks like some sort of hyped-up Wargreymon. The middle is obviously Omnimon, although I've now idea how they plan on fitting him into the series; considering his formation on the Internet and whatnot. The third is that Bio-merge from 03, isn't it? That'd be an interesting explanation too. Is Takato trapped in the Digital World?

Oh, this sounds like fun. v_v

[COLOR=#503F86]I think it is just a WarGreymon, with reflective armour. I'm suprised there's no Imperialdra there, as he managed to steal the limelight at amost every oppounity in Season 2...

I'm a little dubious with regards to the CGI. The stuff they had during the digivolutions in Tamers wasn't very inspiring, and this looks pretty similar. But if it's to be a feature-length production I'm sure they'd smooth it all out.

I'll go and see it regardless, I think, but I hope the plot remains what it should be for the US/UK release.[/COLOR]

Guest Heezay
[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]
What do you think? Too little too late, or enough to get things rolling again?[/color][/QUOTE]

I really hope it is.

Digimon, in my opinion, is the best anime. Even now I'm still doing my best to download Frontier episodes and the movies off Kazaa. I absolutely love this show to death. I personally don't think Frontier is all that bad except for the childish early episodes. I've yet to see teh Royal Knights.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ao-Senshi
Frontiers wasn't all that bad though I missed practically half the series. I watched the asian version, thats why. No dubs for me :P

Season 3 is still the best for me and Digimon is my fav anime.

For the season 5, its just a movie. Go to [url]www.thedigiport.com[/url] they're creating this cool new online Diigmon game. I think that there will be no humans in x evolution.

That new purple Digimon is Dorumon and I've got a few more pics from the movie in my site, [url]http://www.geocities.com/blue_shadow2835[/url]

Theres Omnimon, Gallantmon, Leomon, Dorumon and some others that appear.

That's not true at all Izumi Yagami there are alot of people who also fans of digimon. Well I'm one of those people who is fan of digimon.

Now back what Solo Tremaine said about which season of digimon is my favorite and why. My favorite season of digimon has to be all 4 seasons. I love each and every seasons of digimon no matter who are the new characters and digimon.:love:

I like season 1 because it sort of remind me of pokemon(I saw pokemon before digimon) Then I though it was pretty cool that the digimon digivolve into bigger and stronger monsters, fighting ohter digimon, kids controlling the digiomon, and the kids aslo become friends with their digimon. :love:

I like season 2 because the you get to see the old digidestins and the new digidestins. The new digimons and how they digivolve with digieggs is pretty cool. The new kids go to the digiworld by going in the computer and they can also leave the digiworld anytime they wanted to go back to the real world.(In the first season the kids couldn't go back to the real world well not till much later in the story) :love:

I like season 3 because it was different from the first 2 seasons. Also how Taccato created the red dinosuer (can't remember his name). the taimers use cards to control their digimon, and at the end of the series the taimers could be one with their digimon and fight the final bad guy. :love:

Last I like season 4 bescause it is different from the first 3 seasons. Well the frontiers/kids could transform into digimon with their digimon spirit they found, there are trailmon races, and meet new and old digiomon.:love:

That is why I like all 4 seasons of digimon in my opinion and I can't wait till season 5. comes on tv. :) :love:

• 9 months later...
[quote name='Kamui']That is why I like all 4 seasons of digimon in my opinion and I can't wait till season 5. comes on tv. :) :love:[/quote]

Season 5, i thought season 4 was gonna be the last one, or so I have heard, but never the less I will love the show all the same.

• 1 month later...
[color=#9933ff]I haven't read this thread before, and now that it's 2005, I wonder when that Digimon CG will be coming out. I'm really excited now because I looove Digimon. I don't care what anyone says, I love it to death!

I have something else to say about Digimon, though. Because I have absolutely no life right now, I did a google search for "cosplay" just for the hell of it. I got a wikipedia entry, and I read it. At the bottom, it said "See also: Gothic Lolita." Since I had no idea what it was (actually, I had alwasy assumed it was an anime series unto it's own), I clicked on the link and got another wiki entry. Under the Gothic Lolita Wikipedia entry ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_Lolita[/url]) is this picture: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Music_manasan.jpg[/url]

*groans loudly* If that isn't Alice McCoy right there, you have no eyes!!! Well, actually, it's Mana, the crossdressing former leader of the band Malice Mizer.

[url=http://myladydragon.brinkster.net/~alicemccoy/]This[/url] is the only shrine to Alice McCoy that I know of. Go to Alice > Gallery and you'll see the similarities. They are so scary it's not funny. And I should know because I tried to cosplay Alice last halloween (and failed miserably).

I don't know if Mana cosplayed Alice or if Alice was based off Mana The other thing I would like to point out (since I would do cosplay lab searches for alice and come up with "Malice Mizer) is that "Alice" is in the word "Malice" in the band's name. *grin*

The last question I'd like to ask is, did everyone know about this and I'm the last one to find out? Please say no, or else I'll look like an idiot. I'm always the last one to know!!! *whines*[/color]

Not sure if I needed to make a new thread for this but it is related to Digimon and I just happen to see this thread...

According to [URL=http://www.digibros.net/~digipedia/]the Digimon Encyclopedia[/URL] , the four undubbed Digimon movies are being dubbed. Actors will reprise their old roles for the movies and Jeff Nimoy and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (the director of the Tamers and Frontier) are working on dubbing the movies.

Coolness, eh?

Guest Sicone
I'm a Digimon fan. But I only like seasons 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are okay but I just don't like them. The original is better to me. I'm not into that whole spirit thing in season 4 or that whole thing in season 3.

I liked Season 3 the best, cuz Renamon was one of the coolest Digimon there was. I liked how everyone had troubles and didn't completely like each other intil later (especially Rika...). Takato was pretty much the novice, and he tried to keep Guilmon out of sight, while Henry (don't remember his *** name) was afraid to digivolution Terriormon, because he went out of control that time, and Rika just wanted to be the best, but didn't really respect Renamon at the time. If I recall, they even fought each other a couple times... But in the end, they learned to trust their Digimon and work together and save both worlds.

:animesigh That was a mouthful...

Guest DarkMastero
I recently got back into Digimon a while back through Wolfpack Production's fansubs. I had seen a few episodes of Adventures and 02 awhile back. So far I like what I've seen of Frontier. Seeing the beginnings of Adventures and 02 subbed has been nice too. I've seen the first three of episodes of Tamers subbed too but so far that's all they've gotten out so I really don't really know much about that series. Oh, and I got all the movies from them too.

So far Frontier and 02 have been my faviorte ones.

I Talked about this Before on the anime with the best story. Digimon is not ahead of pokemon in nothing but the chronolgic ending of the series being drawn. Digimon has one of the worst plots ever and the series don't varie. I'm leaving Da Digi-Fan-Club to see another topic.

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff']The last question I'd like to ask is, did everyone know about this and I'm the last one to find out? Please say no, or else I'll look like an idiot. I'm always the last one to know!!! *whines*[/color][/quote][color=#6699cc]Oh, Roxie. ^_^

No, I didn't know, although it made me smile. I always liked Alice. Poor girl.

Dark Alucard, not only do you need to imporve your attitude, you need to improve your post quality. No need to be rude, you know.[/color]

Ok listen to this.the new game came out and then this card game came out.i think there getting their fans back and money to start the show back up.What do you think?
Learn more at: digimon.com
if it doesnt have a thing to direct it to you copy and paste it in your broswer.
P.S.check out my other thread what otaku are you!

There is a fifth season but, it hasn't come to America yet. I am hoping that Digimon does make a comback because it was one of the best show for children. On a sidenote the fourth season of Digimon was the WORST EVER! I personaly think season two was the best followed by the season one. The third season was okay but, not my favorite.

[quote name='QuikSilver04']Actually...they're not bringing any more Digimon seasons to America, sadly. I found that out a year ago. It sucks that outta the 7 we only get 4 >.>;. I may be 15, but I still enjoy th show.[/quote]

[color=#9933ff]Outta the 7? Don't you mean out of the 5? Where are these otehr two seasons that I'm missing. Did I accidentally skip over something in the last two pages?[/color]