OtakuBoards

Phantasy Star Universe

BlueYoshi

[COLOR=Teal]The closest thing to Phantasy Star Universe that was shown at E3 was a short teaser that played once every two hours; their aim must have been to get the PSO fans blood boiling (it worked, lol). Anyway, it's making its way to all three consoles, so no worries there.

Sega are still in charge of development, nothing else has been said about it so far, just comments on the dynamics and potential it bears, which look stunning in Gamespot's three minute trailer. I've posted the link below.[/COLOR]

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/rpg/phantasystariv/index.html?q=phantasy+star+universe][i]Click here[/i][/url]

[COLOR=Teal]No actual in game footage, CGs mainly, the physics on the giant two-headed dragon look great though. I'll be sure to check in with more updates.[/COLOR]

God, that looks great! I haven't really heard much about the game, but I mean, it looks like a worthwhile buy.

You said it is going to come for all systems? Good, then I'll have another thing to add to my GameCube, of which is the best system (FF should be brought to this console).

I'll be waiting for more updates on this. As I'm looking to update my game collection.

• 10 months later...
Finally, I started a THREAD!!!! :animesmil :animeswea

Yep, the "True Sequel to Phantasy Star Online" is coming... I, for one, am very happy about this cause I really enjoyed Online. I read about in the new EGM I got yesterday and decided to see what you guys though about it.

OK, now for some info about it:

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/08/news_6121946.html?part=rss&tag=gs_pc&subj=6121946[/url]
[url]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/phantasystariv/[/url]

There are pretty much two different game modes. A Offline, and a Online mode. The only thing I don't like about this is that they have nothing to do with each other (in other words, it's like two different games on one disk, and I'm not sure if you can use your online custom character offline like in Online Episode I & II).

Also, there are no more classes (Hunter, Ranger, and Force), but the races are still there (Newmans, Humars, not sure about the robots), and they're adding beast people. And, you can carefully mold your character heavily. No longer will you see ten thousand of the same people wearing your outwit!!! You can change the colors of your lips, eyes, hair, clothes, shoes, and socks, and change the size of your characters head, face, and body.

I don't know to much in the weapons department, but do know that you can dual-wield Swords and Guns, target in first person with guns ("...but you can't move. This isn't Halo, people!"), and instead of hiting three times in a row, you can hit SIX Times in row, or add techniques in to make it even longer.

The only thing I don't know for sure is how many people you can travel with because they haven't said, but what I do know, is that the target release date is..............

2nd Quarter Two Thousand SIX :animesigh :animestun :animeangr :animedepr :animecry:

Yea.. I know. It sucks. But with luck we'll have another good Online game for the Playstation 2, and PC. By the way, I think the PC version Players can play with the PS2 Players. Can't wait for it!!! :animesmil

• 1 year later...
[COLOR=SlateGray]I just picked up PSU for the 360 and am on chapter 6 at the moment. While it is a solid game Im a bit dissapointed with it. The battle system no longer requries timing and it gets very repitive just like PSO did. The offline mode isnt great either. Instead of using your online character you must use a stupid kid named Ethan which annoys the hell out of me. Also the servers have been undergoing maintence so its been hard to get online. Im still enjoyig it but im dissapointed I expected alot more from PSU. I do like the new style of animation(very anime like) and the story isnt horrible. Offline just seems like a waste if you can't use your online character and it doesnt give you that mercenary feel PSO did. I still recomend it to fans of episodes one and two but its not a HUGE improvement over the last Phantasy Star game.

Also if anyone has the 360 version and wants to play my GT is Kenshin XS so send me a friend invite.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenshin DX][COLOR=SlateGray']I just picked up PSU for the 360 and am on chapter 6 at the moment. While it is a solid game Im a bit dissapointed with it. The battle system no longer requries timing and it gets very repitive just like PSO did..[/COLOR][/quote]

I noticed that in the PSU Beta on 360 and was wondering if I was just crazy. I had the original PSO on Dreamcast and it seemed to really care about your timing for combos. In this one, I could just mash the attack button and it didn't seem to matter. It was a slight disappointment.

I was under the impression that PC, PS2 and 360 users all could play together. Is that wrong?

[QUOTE=Generic NPC #3]I noticed that in the PSU Beta on 360 and was wondering if I was just crazy. I had the original PSO on Dreamcast and it seemed to really care about your timing for combos. In this one, I could just mash the attack button and it didn't seem to matter. It was a slight disappointment.

I was under the impression that PC, PS2 and 360 users all could play together. Is that wrong?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=SlateGray]Yes I was also dissapointed with the lack of timing in between attacks. Now its just too hack and slash.

As for your question PS2 and PC users can play toghether on the same server but Xbox 360 users cannot. So if your planning on getting it for 360 you will not be able to play with PC or PS2 users. [/COLOR]

[font=tahoma]I'm very interested in picking the game up, i've played a couple of the past games but not really religiously. This game seems to have quite the customization system though, which alone could probably convince me to play the game. My greatest concern about the game however is if the single-player mode won't be as accomodating as the online play, since more than likely i'll be playing it offline. Though i suppose if i ever decided to get what is required to play online, i would play it along with MGS3: Sub...assuming I won't have a PS3 anytime soon.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']I'm very interested in picking the game up, i've played a couple of the past games but not really religiously. This game seems to have quite the customization system though, which alone could probably convince me to play the game. My greatest concern about the game however is if the single-player mode won't be as accomodating as the online play, since more than likely i'll be playing it offline. Though i suppose if i ever decided to get what is required to play online, i would play it along with MGS3: Sub...assuming I won't have a PS3 anytime soon.[/font][/quote]

[COLOR=SlateGray]Allright heres the thing offline is no where near as fun as online. Because the stroy isnt that impressive, voice acting is horrible, and your character is premade. If only you could create your own character in offline mode. Onlines fun with friends or you can just solo with a charcter of your creation. The only thing is that like most MMOs theres an online fee of $10 a month if only all MMOs were like Guild Wars. So the online is fun but you have to pay and offline is Meh...

So offline maybe. If you can get past the fact you have no say in your characters creation.

Online if you can afford it then yes by all means get it.[/COLOR]

This game really looks like it has a lot of potential. Although the single player graphics and storyline doesn't look too entertaining I think the gameplay itself will make up for that, I hope. On a side note, this game can be played on the ps3 right? Or will they come out with a ps3 version?

[quote name='Jubei Yagyou']This game really looks like it has a lot of potential. Although the single player graphics and storyline doesn't look too entertaining I think the gameplay itself will make up for that, I hope. On a side note, this game can be played on the ps3 right? Or will they come out with a ps3 version?[/quote]

[COLOR=SlateGray]
There will most likely never be a PS3 version of PSU and the PS3 will play all PS2 games. So I dont think theres anything to worry about.[/COLOR]

• 6 months later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/746/746878/image002.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][CENTER]In a far away galaxy, a brilliant sun is orbited by three planets.
The Gurhal ystem is inhabited by humans and their creations:
CASTs, Newmans and Beasts.
For 500 years, there was war among the races, then finally...
An era of peace ad prosperity that has lasted 100 years.
But now, a darkness threatens the universe.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ehtan Waber, a seventeen year old human held hatred for the GUARDIANS. A group dedicated to the protection of the Gurhal system. After the SEED attacked the GUARDIANS colony on which he lived, his P.O.V. about the GURDIANS changed. Now he has became one of them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Characters:[/B] Ethan Waber, Lumia Waber, Karren Erra, Hyuga Ryght, Lucaim Nav, Tonnio Rhima, Leogini S. Berafort and Lou are the characters you can call to play with.

PSU comes in two modes: Story Mode and Network Mode. Plus an extra mode that you can obtain by accomplishing some of the story.

[B]Story Mode:[/B] The story of Ethan is told in this mode. There are about 12 chapters in the Gurhal system. You can also go on free missions as well.

[B]Network Mode:[/B] PSO is an MMO which has gained fame. It isn't compatible with the gamecube's earlier PSO. It's a diverse community with a bunch of stuff. There is also an exansion pack being released.

[B]Extra Mode:[/B] After CH4 you get this mode. You can play for any amount of time as a character [B]YOU[/B] created. You can pick from the four races. It's like online mode without the payment and the contact with others.

This game is great. The graphics are up to par and the game play is both easy and complicated. The alien threat is known as the SEED. I'm not going to spoil it for you, so get the game and play. What I have said is just the basics. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]So has anyone played this game yet? I just got it a week ago and I'm amazed. it's a really great game.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I will update this thread later with more info as the discussion unfolds. I will only give out information that doesn't spoil the game. I'll probably link photos to some of the characters and some screenshots.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=red]I merged your thread with the original. ~Phenom~[/color][/size]