OtakuBoards

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3

BlueYoshi

Oh, please, Charles, you act like I'm saying Budokai 3 is the be all to end all. Hell, Tekken 3 had more depth as far as button combinations go. I just happen to think the Budokai series is insanely fun, if only for the sheer destructive ability of the characters. Same reason for watching the show; see **** explode. It's not like any part of the series, both animated and games, have any astounding philisophical advancements to society to offer.

I plan on getting this game because, yes, although the games are shallow, they are fun to me. Speaks volumes for my personal worth, eh? :D

By the way, Chuck, the only reason I don't have San Andreas is because I'm flat broke. -_-

But, I'm gettin' a serious flow of cash soon, so GTA, MGS3, Killzone, SOCOM II, POP2, and Budokai 3 are all on my list.

But, hey. I still think this'll be a fun-*** game.

PS: Where does "Buror[b]i[/b]" change to "Broll[b]y[/b]"?

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well what I've read so far makes me at least inclined to give [B]Budokai 3[/B] a rent when it comes out or at least give [B]Budokai 2[/B] a rent at the moment to see if it's as insanely fun as Neil says it is. The graphics actually look pretty nice and the added bonus of being able to use the environment to do damage (a lá Tekken 4) sounds like a nice new feature.

Though in saying that I played [B]Legends[/B] for the PSOne which did have an English release and found it to be mediocre at best so hopefully this will give me a taste of what a good Dragonball Z videogame can be.[/SIZE]

Budokai 2 is actually my least favorite of the series. The graphics are better than the original Budokai, but it changed some things too much. Story mode, for example. Dragon World is too slow, too blocky to be real fun. Not to mention the game lacks the nicely-done real-time movies like the first one featured. Budokai 2's addition of letting you be able to power up cetain attacks to do more damage was nice, as was the easier energy moves, but they become pretty cheap after a while [Majin Vegita's Final Explosion is so damn hard to fully charge up, and battles can sometimes limit themselves to firing Kamehamehas at each other.]

Budokai 3 looks good to me. Maybe not gold, but good enough. Personally, if you really want to get a feel for the series I suggest you rent the first one before you do Budokai 2.

[quote name='Chaos']Oh, please, Charles, you act like I'm saying Budokai 3 is the be all to end all.[/quote]No I'm not and that's the problem. I'm just stressing how good a game [b]has[/b] to be at this juncture of the year in order for me to even consider it. Being "insanely fun" for a short time just isn't good enough. I just so happen to think that the [b]Budokai 2[/b] proved that the developers have exhausted their potential in terms of fundamentals and that I can get the same mindless DBZ-oriented fun out of the GBA Super Sonic Warriors if I so choose (for a lower price).

Different strokes for different folks.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Chaos]Oh, please, Charles, you act like I'm saying Budokai 3 is the be all to end all. Hell, Tekken 3 had more depth as far as button combinations go. I just happen to think the Budokai series is insanely fun, if only for the sheer destructive ability of the characters. Same reason for watching the show; see **** explode. It's not like any part of the series, both animated and games, have any astounding philisophical advancements to society to offer.

I plan on getting this game because, yes, although the games are shallow, they are fun to me. Speaks volumes for my personal worth, eh? :D

By the way, Chuck, the only reason I don't have San Andreas is because I'm flat broke. -_-

But, I'm gettin' a serious flow of cash soon, so GTA, MGS3, Killzone, SOCOM II, POP2, and Budokai 3 are all on my list.

But, hey. I still think this'll be a fun-*** game.

PS: Where does "Buror[b]i[/b]" change to "Broll[b]y[/b]"?[/QUOTE]

Like you and I said on AIM Chaos that The good ol' F***ards at Funamation with their terrible Translating skills made the Burori to Brolly. Like I stated about the movie. These forms of translations should never have been done in the first place. As for him/me being in the game I will be judging it carefully. If he/me comes out to all I expected him/me to be I will be happy but if not...you may read me in the news with a picture of me holding the president's head from FUNimation.

[QUOTE=Chaos]
[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome news, all those games are on my watch list too. I was thinking of trying to squeeze in the pre-order of Budokai 3, anyone else on top of that? The extras sound sweet. I am also curious about killzone but I am going to have to wait it out and probbaly play it used. I would also add Iron Phoenix...