OtakuBoards

Taran

GuyYouMetOnline

[i]It takes a god to create. It takes a man to destroy.[/i]-Inscription on tablet of unknown origin.

[i]They were alone, only the two of them, the God and the Goddess. They were happy together, but they were lonely. So they created the land of Taran. The created the creatures of the land, air, and sea. To a few species, they gave the gift of sentience, of reasoning. Dragons and phoenixes dominated the skies, mermaids controlled the seas, and minotaurs and centaurs ruled the land. Then the God and the Goddess created humans.[/i]

[i]The humans were few in number at first, but they bred extremely fast, and were soon the largest species in Taran. Other creatures had powers or physical abilities that the humans didn?t, but the humans compensated with numbers and innovations. Soon, the humans controlled Taran. And humans have a remarkable ability to ruin what they control.[/i]
[i][/i]

[i]The humans had no respect for nature or balance. They did what they wanted without thought of the consequences. They upset the balance of nature so much that Taran was on the brink of destruction. So the God and the Goddess created the Vasen. The Vasen restored balance to Taran, and remain to make sure that the humans don?t screw it up again.[/i]

[i][/i]
[i]The intelligent creatures were still being hunted, but the humans knew it would be hard to exterminate them. They managed a compromise with the humans: the humans don?t try to exterminate their species, and they don?t try to exterminate the humans. Everyone knew that there would be those who disagreed, so the agreement was to be maintained unless one side began to actively hunt and kill the other [/i]en masse[i]. This was accepted by humans, who were just afraid that the other creatures would kill them. It remains like this today[/i]-Creation story of unknown origin.

The creation story is just a story, but the results are true. Humans live in peace with other intelligent creatures only because if they start a war, the creatures would join forces and destroy the humans. The Vasen ensure that the balance of nature isn?t upset.

It?s been prophesized that if the balance was upset beyond the ability of the Vasen to fix, they would be given aid by select humans, ones who would be willing to maintain balance. That time has come. Someone with great power has appeared. Nobody knows where he is or what he wants, but everyone knows he?s up to no good and might end up destroying Taran. It is time for the human warriors to find their destiny.

All right. Now that the backstory?s done, let?s get to the world of Taran. Taran is divided into seven areas, called realms, which are as follows:

[url="http://www.wordtheque.com/owa-wt/new_wordtheque.w.t?w=zaleĆ°ivanje&l=hr"]Zaleoivanje[/url]: The ice realm. Boarders Vanduo and Kalnas. The second-largest region, and one of only two that don?t border Qender. A rather forbidding region, everything there is frozen. Not many humans live there, although there are several towns and villages. Populated mainly by animals that fall in the ?unintelligent? category, although some creatures there, such as ice dragons, are intelligent.

The humans in Zaleoivanje are your basic law-abiding people, although there isn?t any real law-enforcement. The towns and villages are small enough that everyone knows everyone else, and everyone?s willing to come to the aid of a person in need.

[url="http://www.wordtheque.com/owa-wt/new_wordtheque.w.t?w=vanduo&l=lt"]Vanduo[/url]: The water realm. Boarders Zaleoivanje, Arbarego, and Qender. The region is swamp at the Arbarego border and becomes ice-covered near the border with Zaleoivanje. Lakes and rivers are everywhere, and the region has more water than land. Many humans live there, mainly in lakeside villages. There are no cities, simply because there are no land areas large enough. Water creatures are everywhere.

As with Zaleoivanje, there is no real law-enforcement, but also no real crime. Again, everybody knows everybody well, and people are always willing to help those in need.

[url="http://www.wordtheque.com/owa-wt/new_wordtheque.w.t?w=arbarego&l=eo"]Arbarego[/url]: The forest realm. Boarders Qender, Vanduo and Sivatag. Obviously forested, although the vegetation gradually fades near the Sivatag border. Moderate human population, and tons of creatures. Many temporary camps are always in the area because of the numerous hunting parties.

[u]Intunecat[/u]: The dark realm. Boarders Sivatag and Kalnas, and is one of two that don?t border Qender. Creatures of darkness dwell there, but no humans do. The area is always covered by an unnatural darkness. When people are looking for criminals, they look in Intunecat, which is why no criminals ever even think about going there. The place is crawling with bounty hunters looking for wanted men and women.

[u]Sivatag[/u]: The desert realm. Borders Qender, Kalnas, and Intunecat. The largest realm. Rocky near the Kalnas border, but otherwise flat. Very dry and very hot. No humans live there, although some types of animals, both intelligent and unintelligent, do.

Sivatag is a meeting place for criminals. Nobody ever wants to go there, making it easy to find a secure meeting spot. Even so, some criminal meetings and exchanges would probably be stopped if everyone wasn?t so busy scouring Intunecat.

[u]Kalnas[/u]: The mountain realm. Boarders Qender Intunecat and Zaleoivanje. Hard for humans to live there, but flying creatures are in abundance. Cave-dwelling creatures live there as well, because of the natural cavern network.

[u]Qender[/u]: The central realm physically. Boarders every realm except Zaleoivanje and Intunecat. The center of human population as well as the physical center, but very few creatures are seen there. The humans take up all of the space. There are virtually no towns and villages, but many cities.

Character types are as follows:

Vasen: Very powerful beings, they are responsible for maintaining balance. There are four. One has power over fire and light, and lives in Sivatag. One controls water and ice, and lives in Vanduo. One has powers of earth and darkness, and lives in Kalnas. The fourth has powers of nature and air, and lives in Arbarego.

Warriors: Humans with element-based powers, they are responsible for aiding the Vasen when aid is required. There are some things that the Vasen cannot do, and some places they cannot go. The Warriors are responsible for doing what the Vasen cannot.

Escuro: The main ?bad guy?. Nobody knows who he is, only his name. He possesses great power, but it is not known exactly what kind of power.

Followers: They are the opposite of the warriors. They serve Escuro. They have element-based powers, just like the warriors.

Enigmas: They?re a mystery. Nobody knows what they are, although they normally appear as humans. They aren?t in any of the myths, legends, or other kinds of stories, but they?ve always existed. It?s not clear what their goals are, but they?ve been known to aid both sides whenever there is a conflict.. Their only power is shape-shifting. An Enigma is able to transform into other creatures, a power that no other beings share.

Only four Vasen are allowed, and I need all four of them (I?ll be playing as one). I don?t need Followers or Enigmas, but the RPG will be better if some people sign up as them. There are no limits on the amount of Warriors, Followers, or Enigmas allowed. I want at least four Warriors, so if there aren?t four already, please sign up as one (You can have two characters if you want, so you don?t have to only play as a warrior). I?d like it if nobody signed up as Followers or Enigmas until there are four Warriors and four Vasen (three, if you don?t count me). Nobody is allowed to play as Escuro.

The sign-up is a bit different for each character type, but the first part is the same:

Name:

Personality:

Character Type (Warrior, Follower, Vasen, or Enigma):

Appearance:

The rest of the Warrior and Follower sign-up is as follows:

Age (Nothing younger than 15, please. And try not to go above 30):

Bio:

Element (Only one per person. Also, only one character of each type per element. A Warrior and a Follower can have the same element, but no two Warriors or Followers can):

Powers (Keep it reasonable. Powers must be based on the chosen element):

Here?s the rest of the Vasen sign-up:

Elements (Either fire/light, water/ice, earth/darkness, or nature/air):

Powers (Vasen are more powerful than Warriors and Followers, but it still needs to be reasonable):

Here?s the rest of the Enigma sign-up:

Bio:

Creature Forms (Creatures that an Enigma can become. Maximum of three. Note: While in creature forms, Enigmas communicate through telepathy unless the creature form is capable of producing human speech):

Here?s my sign-up:

Name: Seuneu

Personality: A fast thinker, and quick to adapt to any situation. If he starts something, he?ll always finish it. He doesn?t know how to give up, and doesn?t tolerate it when others want to. Not one to start a fight, but he?ll certainly finish it.

Character Type: Vasen

Appearance: Very tall, he stands at about 6.5 feet. He has brown hair and eyes. Very muscular, but not overly so. He knows the ideal condition for his body, and he keeps it that way. He has several scars in various places on his body. He carries two metal poles, his weapons, strapped to his back.

Elements: Fire/Light

Powers: The fire side allows basic manipulation of fire. Seuneu is also immune to temperature extremes. The light side allows him to, when it?s dark (like at night.), utilize light energy in very basic ways, such as brief flashes of light, a limited brightening of a small area, etc. When it?s light (like during the day), he can draw energy from the light around him, allowing him to use it with much greater effect. He is also able to see perfectly well in any level of light.

Notes:

I will be screening applicants, but I?m not that strict (Basically, if it?s clear that you?ve put effort into your sign-up, you?re in).

Technology-wise, the world of Taran is at a medieval level.

Be certain that you follow the sign-up form for your character class [i]exactly[/i]. There is a reason that the sign-up form for each class is the way it is.

If you sign up as an Enigma, I will be sending you many PMs over the course of this RPG.

I think that's everything. PM me if you have any questions.

[COLOR=Navy][B]Name:[/B] Tsuki
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Personality:[/B] Chi is kind, caring and considerate. She's someone you can come to talk to easily without caring if she'll judge you or not. She loves to help people and she'll do anything to help her friends when they're in trouble, danger or if they just need a shoulder to lean on. Chi loves to make friends with people and is always willing to give people a chance to become her friend. Chi is strong minded. She never gives up and hates to admit to defeat. She's a quick thinker and solves problems quickly.
[B]Character Type:[/B] Vasen
[B]Appearance:[/B] Tsuki has long chocolate brown hair that ends at the middle of her back and dark brown eyes. She's medium sized and is mediumly tanned(not too dark, not too light). Her body is quite fit but not muscley and she's strong. She carries an oaken staff that actually conceals her sword, sometimes she has it strapped to her back but she usually just carries it.
[B]Elements:[/B] Water/Ice
[B]Powers:[/B] Tsuki can control Water in any form, eg. Rain, ice, liquid etc. In bodies of water, eg. Lakes, rivers, ponds, puddles etc. Her most powerful talent is summoning a Large Dragon made of Water. It attacks with a deadly force of water and ice attacks. Tsuki can create cyclones, whirlpools and other deadly and dangerous water hazards. Her most useful talent though is being able to breathe underwater for long periods of time. She could even live underwater if she wanted to. Her natural talent is being able to hurl water at enemies and use ice magic. Her last thing that isn't magical related is that she is very acrobatic and moves swiftly,quietly and smoothly like running water.[/COLOR]

[B]OOC:[/B] The RP sounds great, Takuya. Tell me if I need to edit anything.

[COLOR=Red]Hmm this sounds very intersting i'll join

Name:Arale

Personality:Calm, sensitive and friendly. She loves to make friends

Character Type Vasen

Appearance: Has short blonde hair, with deep sea blue eyes. Stands at only 5 ft 2.
Wears a chets belt for her bow and arrow which are her weapons

element:Lighting

powers:Arale can control lighting. She can form lighting clouds and be able to make lighting strike enimes. The lighting bolts move with the movements of her hands. She can hold lighting bolts in her hands.

Is it ok?[/COLOR]

[B]Name:[/B] Mykail

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Personality:[/B] Quite solemn, sometimes Mykail seems to be melancholy. Never having been very good at socializing, he keeps to himself, and is pretty serious most of the time. Thus, the majority of people are dispelled because of his quiet, unassuming nature. He's a pretty gentle being, kind to everyone he meets, but distant, keeping to himself.

[B]Appearance:[/B] see attachment

[B]Element:[/B] Nature/Air

[B]Powers:[/B] The ability to control the element of air is powerful and dangerous. He must keep it under his reign, or it will break free and rampage. It is one of the easier elements to wake, although once woken, it is harder to dispel. Wind and air has a will of its own, although it allows him to direct its path.

Mykail is keenly in tune with all of nature, and anything out of sync he can immediately sense. Although he has control of no other elements, he can constantly sense them, and whether they are at harmony. The elements of nature seem to speak to him, conversing with his feelings and instincts. As is such, he can almost never be surprised, and always can tell when something is wrong. Even when other Vasen are using their elements, Mykail can sense and kind of "see" it, as he is perfectly harmonized with everything around him.

OOC: Anything else?

[size=1][color=#999999][B]Name:[/B] Nikita Vaijin Lykaios

[B]Personality:[/B] Nikita is a warm-hearted girl who seems to enjoy life. She is very zen-like and knows what to say at the right moment. She dislikes violence, yet when she is attacked or provoked, she will turn to fight. Nikita was taught to be kind, gentle, and caring, and that is what she is. Although she may seem exuberant and happy-go-lucky, she is not very open to others and she has a hard time talking about many, certain things.

[B]Character Type:[/B] Enigma

[B]Appearance:[/B] [url=http://www.psycko-hentai.de/grafix/gallery/bg57/ks_030.jpg]Nikita[/url]

[B]Age:[/B] 357

[B]Bio:[/B] A power passed on from generation to generation, Nikita was the last to accept her role as one of the fighting Enigmas. She was taught to use her powers to help those who needed it and those who truly wished for it. She had spent nearly 100 years perfecting her forms, using their abilites, and being able to fight in them as well. She had spent nearly 100 years trying to figure out why she was an Enigma, for it was on her 20th birthday that she had found out that she was the only true Enigma in the family. Shocked by this news, Nikita did not want to do anything that was associated with her family. She had thought them to be traitors and liars, keeping this secret from her all her life. What were they then? Were they just a breed of humans capable of turning into animals or did they cast something to make them that way? What was it truly? Nikita did not want to know.

It was nearly 10 years later that Nikita finally learn that, letting people in will only cause heartache and despair. It would only cause grief and guilt. She closed her heart to all, let her mind slip away into the books, and let her body feed on practice and fighting. Even though, she still does not wish to fight, she practices to defend herself in battle. It was 70 years later that Nikita learned to seek out to help the Vasens and Warriors.

[B]Creature Forms:[/B]
[U]Liger:[/U] A red lion/tiger mix with a fire tipped tail and stripes along the face.
[U]Dryphon:[/U] A dragon/gryphon mix. With the body of a gryphon, the wings of a dragon, the head of an eagle, the hind legs of a dragon, the talons of an eagle, and the scaly tail of a dragon, Nikita transforms into a glimmering, gold dryphon.
[U]Leviathan:[/u] A large snake-like, venomous creature with shades of green and black, with tints of dark blue. The leviathan is able to swim through cold temperatures, it is faster than most animals and humans and injects venom or spits out.

I'll play as the last Vasen, if you wish Takuya.

[B]Name:[/B] Arachne

[B]Personality:[/B] In tune with all that is around her, she is more like Mother Nature?s incarnate, than a Vasen. She cares for the animals that walk on the land of Taran and is able to understand the nature?s movements. She believes that fighting is not needed in the land of Taran, yet if violence does strike upon her and the other Vasens, than she will have to fight and defend herself. She is a strong and willed person who is a pacifist above all things. Yet, there are times when the darkness will overcome her and make her to be merciless, cold, and deadly. Holding the powers of darkness and earth are dangerous to those who cross the wrong path of Arachne.

[B]Appearance:[/B] See attachment- She is Gaia. Her eyes are a pearl gray, but when using her powers, her eyes either turn a topaz hazel or an opaque black.

[B]Elements:[/B] Earth/Darkness

[B]Powers:[/B] With the element of Earth, Arachne is able to create ground-shaking earthquakes, thunderous rockslides, and the disasters of the world. She is also able to notice movement among any territory, wherever she may be, before anyone else does. Arachne is able to create creatures from the ground and command her own army of rock and earth creatures. She can summons a golem, gargoyle, and creatures associated with the element of earth. She is also able to hurl paralyzing waves as she hits the ground with her fists.

Arachne understands the danger of the element of darkness. She can create opaque shadow assassins, misty darkness, poisoned arrows of darkness, a barrier of impenetrable darkness, arrows of dark light, and such. Her greatest powers of all is that she is able to absorb darkness, create creatures of darkness, as well as summon them, and last of all, she is able to transform herself into a shadow and use the darkness and shadows to her abilities.[/size][/color]

[color=navy][font=Arial Narrow][size=1][u][b]Name:[/b][/u] Kaden Remmisong[/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][b][u]Gender:[/u][/b] Male[/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][b][u]Personality:[/u][/b] Kaden is very warm and open to his friends and people he knows, but otherwise, he is extermely shy and comes off as sort of an outsider. He gets nervous very easily, escpecially when he's in an unknown place or a place that makes him feel uncomfortable. He laughs at the most random times. O.o He's a very observant person and tries not to talk to much because he thinks he gets in the way, and is also a quick-on-his-toes kind of thinker. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][u][b]Character Type:[/b][/u] Enigma[/size][/font][/color]
[color=navy][font=Arial Narrow][size=1][u][b]Appearance:[/b][/u] Kaden is of medium height, has shaggy, sandy, blonde hair (and one time he died it purple) and is pretty scrawny. He doesn't have a whole lot of muscles because he mostly depends on his shapeshifting abilities to help him get out of danger.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][b][u]Age:[/u][/b] 412 (looks in his mid-teens: around 16)[/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][b][u]Bio:[/u][/b] Kaden used to live with his parents before he became sick of them and ran away. He was heavily abused and constantly being yelled at, thus his nervous nature. His older brother was also treated like this and ran away before Kaden was born, or so he had heard. The fateful day when Kaden ran from home, he stumbled upon an old man; one of those Enigma's he guessed. The man called him over and said that he was dying and he needed someone to take on his place and powers in life. Kaden agreed, for lack of nothing better to do with his 13 year old life and thus, he became an Enigma.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=navy][color=navy][font=Arial Narrow][size=1][b][u]Creature Forms:[/u][/b] Kaden can change into a gorilla, a Peregrine falcon, and a cute, little Labrador puppy... Aw... ^^[/size][/font][/color][/color]

Mighty Kai, Lightning is not a Vasen element choice. The only Vasen remaining is the Earth/Darkness one. Everyone else is in, but Arika, you do need to finish your sign-up (like always).

I need the remaining Vasen and at least four Warriors before I can start this RPG, so please, nobody sign up as an Enigma or FOllower until I have four Warriors and another Vasen. For those who have signed up, please PM anyone you think would be interested, and maybe make second characters. I really want this RPG to get going.

[size=1]Name: Vendekil Keren (Goes by Ven)

Personality: Ven is loud mouthed and short tempered. He doesn't care what others think of him, nor what he does. He gets into alot of trouble for the things he does, and some may question why he was chosen to help such high beings. He stands up for what he thinks is right. Though some assume he thinks hightly of himself, he realy doesn't when they get to know him better, whitch not many do.

Character Type: Warrior

Appearance: Ven has blue eyes and messy black hair that goes to eyes. His body is somewhat musceluar, but still keeps a light wieght shape. He wears a black vest with pockets, lose black shorts, and a pair of worn out brown leather boots. On his arms he wears bandages and black bands of cloth with symbols on them. He mainly fights with things around him, but he carries two daggers around just in case things get too wild.

Bio: Vendekil used to be a good kid. A kid who followed the rules, who respected others. Though nobody really paid any attention to him. He found it hard to fit in and play with the other kids, but there was somebody who understood him. When he was 13, and new family come to his town to live. With them was a girl, who's name was Shalia.

Shalia had a hard time fitting in too, and the two soon became close friends, and soon partners. Shalia and Ven had different ways they looked at life then others, and that made it easy for them to understand each other. though the relationship wasv soon lost when a pack of unintelligent animals attacked their town. Shalia had was killed that day, and a part of Ven died. He lefted the town to find a new one, not to start a new lift, but to run away from the he had. Then, a new Ven started. The one who cares for nothing others think of him, the outcast. Ven whants balance between all beings, so things like what happened to Shalia don't happen to others.

Element: Fire

Powers: Ven can control fire in the area around him, and is not affected by heat. He an also cause a small fire, witch give him something to control.

I hope this can go well.[/size]