OtakuBoards

Best and worst anime(s) and why

Chibi Devil Me

:rolleyes: I'm new to the boards and I tried to resist this urge... Curiousity got the best of me. I don't think there's another one like this, but anyway.

*waves* :D I started this because I noticed there are so many Anime series out there, some I don't even know. So, here you can tell about your fave Anime and why it's your fave.

I personally like Sailor Moon and Trigun the most. Sailor Moon because well, one it's the first anime I ever watched! Basic reason. Trigun because Vash is in it! Also because I just happen to like western like things. It IS set in the middle of nowhere, right? I also like Gundam Wing, it's got machines and bishounen! ^___^ There's also Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, etc. The list is too long!

Alright, guys. Favorites topics are usually closed pretty quickly, but Chibi Devil Me obviously put some effort into her starting post, and I feel rather bad about crushing that. ^_^;;

If you plan on replying to this thread, please follow her example and tell us [i]why[/i] you like the shows you're listing. The more reasons and details, the better. It's just that we've had bad experiences with favorites-type questions in the past, so we (the moderators) tend to be a bit strict when such threads pop up.

Anyway....

I enjoy too many different anime to pick one definitive favorite. At the moment, I'm really enjoying Hunter x Hunter, a cute action series from the creator of Yu Yu Hakusho. Its artwork and animation are quite solid--vastly better than YYH's. Better yet, nearly all of the main characters are cute, funny and easy to cheer on. This show easily makes up for my disappointment with Naruto and Inuyasha. I'm just surprised that it hasn't yet been licensed.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Let's see, the storyline of [COLOR=Plum]YYH[/COLOR] is great, the animation of [COLOR=SeaGreen]Fushigi Yuugi [/COLOR] is wonderful, and the idea behind [COLOR=Pink]Get Backers[/COLOR] is amazing.

But I think my favorite of all is [COLOR=DarkOrchid]SamuraiX[/COLOR] with Himura Kenshin. This anime is just superb with its fight scenes, storylines, and animation. In addition to that, the character profiles are interesting and well done. The concept of the whole anime is full of imagination teaching us values of discipline, honor, good conscience and just plain happiness.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Favorite anime? Well, my banner says it all. At this time my favorite anime happens to Noir. I like Noir mainly because of the feel that it has. Just like the name hints to, it has a very [i]Film Noir[/i] feel to it, and I have been a minor fan of film noir in the past. Add into that the great action scenes, a surprising plot, and the music of Yuki Kajiura (whose music I really enjoy), and this anime proves to be simply amazing.

Another great aspect of the show is the mixture of old and new in most of the anime. For instance, the city in which the characters live has an old-world look to it, but to contrast that they have a lot of modern venues that are visited. The same style is used for the weapons they chose.

Guest Wolfen Man
Hmmmm.... what´s up with the dissapoinntment with Naruto?
Explained Favs? Wouldn´t have it any other way.
OK, I just hope this doesn´t break the "clear and concise" rule around here.
Hmmm.... Not an absolute favorite, but I got 3 Naruto, Hellsing, and Digimon (so far all 4 seasons, hope they make a fifth!)
Naruto: Very nice drawings and effects, interesting plotline, is humorous at times, plus I love ninjas
Hellsing: Dark, gory and the main character is too cool at times, sides Ceras Victoria´s struggle with vampirism makes a very interesting sub-plot... and the previews for the next show are weird enough to fit my standards
Digimon: A classic, has pokemon beat down (in my opinion, I am in no way an expert so don´t diss me because of this), It has some character evolution, battles are cool, the digivolving or actual changes of the characters are cool (changes cause digi-spirit and biomerging don't quite fit the digivolving category), graphics can be quite nice at times, and although the plot is getting a little overused they do tend to give it a couple of twists and have miniplots every now and then
OK, one I haven´t put as fav because I´VE ONLY READ.... HATE CAPS LOCK... ok, better, now, as I was saying, I have only read 3 chapters from the manga and seen 3 episodes of the anime... but it looks good, the main character dies like 6 times in the first chapter alone, it is ever changing but with a constant plot (take over the city they live in), and the intro and endings are awesome! ok, if you still don´t know the series, Excel Saga. Going up on my list as soon as I check more of the episodes or chapters out... it´s great, trust me. Later people

Guest AnimeConnection
I really like Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure, because it has great music and a great storyline!

FLCL! It's perverted and the characters are amazing. They aren't typical stereotypical anime characters (although more serious anime fans may disagree with me) plus the insanity is hilarious as well as engaging. There is a deep message underneath it all, mainly about growing up and what is really means to be mature. Naota reminds me a lot of myself when I was smaller- and Haruko reminds me of myself as I am now xD

I know it's not really a series but Spirited Away also caught my attention. It was beautifully constructed and it had a clever plot. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland- innocent yet perverted, cute yet disturbing. The characters are fantastically designed and most unusual.

Guest Super Uber
My favorite series is definetly Fooly Cooly, the animation is great, the music is perfet, the content is bother perverted and hillarious, and at only 6 episodes long with not much of any real plot, it's perfect for people like who have no attention span. Even though it's not a series, I was very impressed by Perfect Blue. it's very hitchcockian...if thats a word...and even though I've never seen it, I like Fushigi Yuugi...because it's fun to say. :D

FLCL because it's FLCL. Really.

Evangelion for the wondeful plot and the angst atmpsphere, while prefering
End of Evangelion for the ending 'cause it's really fantastic.

Escaflowne for being the most amazing fantasy.

Chobits for being really nice and kawaji'ish=), Clamp roolz.

Hellsing for the immense style. The Jazz Nosferatu 4eva! The manga's also cool.

Miyadzaki (dunno how you'd spell his name in english... really) for his amazing movies and, yeah the retrostylish Lupin III series=) (not to forget, for sure, Mononoke, Chen no Tihiro Spirited Away et caetra... Laputa, too!) (I almost fell down from my chair when I saw Yubaba for the first time ^_^ And yeah, his people-drawing style is amazing, too, pretty different from the usual ones)

And lots, _lots_ more.

[color=teal]My favorite anime.. hmm.. for me it's not that easy. I love so many anime I can't just pick one, so I'll just list a couple of my favorites and why I like them!

Yu Yu Hakusho-
This anime is really original. How many animes do you know that start out with the main character dying? The characters are so different. The fights are great, you really don't get bored watching them. You never thought the grim reaper would be a blue-haired bubbly girl on an oar, now did you? The humor is great also.

Fruits Basket-
Personally, I have only seen one episode of this anime and I watched it on the computer. I have read the first two volumes of the manga. I loved it when I watched the trailor of it. Like YYH the characters are so different from each other and it is just so funny to watch. You wanna to see if Tohru will end up with Yuki or Kyo.

Well I listed a couple (a couple is two right?) I guess these animes are on the top of my list.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy]In the future, please try to avoid making duplicate threads.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]now, we all know that there are alot of animes. i mean, [B]ALOT[/B] of animes. but which ones are great? and which ones are simply a pile of crap? that's what i wanna know. here's mah opinion:

[B][U]Best: YuYu Hakusho, Shaman King, & Rurouni Kenshin:[/B][/U] i like these animes the best because 1) each of them have a unique plot of their own 2)comedy is a must in an anime XD 3) to make up for the comedy, each of them have fabulous action with swords, powers, and ghosts and 4) the characters put them all together :D

[B][U]Worst: Escaflowne(sp?):[/B][/U] the title is awesome i have'ta say, but the basic show doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the plot is kinda weird. the characters look really cool but there's just something....weird about them. but hey, that's MY OPINION, not yours! you could think differently! escaflowne can be better than DBZ to you!
but the only way i'll know is if ya tell me ^_^
comments?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

As for all-time favorites, [b]RahXephon[/b] would definitely be in my top three. I don't care how heavily it borrows from Evangelion--their similarities are for the most part superficial, and from what I've seen of Eva I can say that both shows are brilliant and unique. Unlike Eva, RahXephon is a love story, and (at least in my opinion) was influenced more by classic science-fiction literature than by other anime. The incredible background music, strong dub and gorgeous production values combine to create a powerful and captivating atmosphere. Moreover, RahXephon's characterization is even more compelling than its fluid, well-choreographed action sequences. I could never get tired of this show.

~Dagger~

2 of my favorite anime series are Cowboy Bebop and Kino's Journey.

Cowboy Bebop was amazing characters and one of the best dubs and soundtracks. My only hang up on the series is that only 5 or so episodes were dedicated to the main story arch.

Kino's Journey is one of the most underrated animes in my opinion. It is rarely talked about, but the story is mind blowing. Each episode seems to have a huge twist at the end which changes everything you though you knew. The cities and the people the Kino meets along the way are EXTREMELY unique. I haven't finished the series yet, since Volume 4 will be released at the end of June, but if it's a fraction of the first 3 volumes...

I highly [B]HIGHLY[/B] [I]highly[/I]....... RECOMMEND FLCL! furi kuri.....gurgly guuurgly....because it is a highly satisfying anime! Great songs from a band who needs some recognition (The Pillows) and it proves to be somewhat intelligent.

What i DO NOT recommend...is Twilight of the Dark Master. It may have a great looking cover BUT ALAS! DO NOT BE DECIEVED! Nice animation, horrible storyline. (love interest ok/good but everything else is just pointless and blah..)

What I also recommend would be Excel Saga. Excel Saga is somewhat like FLCL: whack. If you enjoy FLCL you'll probably enjoy Excel Saga (but avoid if you hated Di Gi Charat...-.- evil annoying voooooices....) Excel Saga has nice dvd extras.

I don't know what i'm talking about..i shall be silenced now

[color=teal]I haven't seen too many animes myself since I don't consider that my field, so I haven't had the chance to discover any bad ones--that should be a good thing, right?

From what I've seen though, my definite favourite is Samurai X, the Trust and Betrayal series. `hEvN basically retorted what I was going to say about it. It's perfect; short but sweet, has a reasonable and deep storyline, there?s the occasional fight scene, and even romance (if that's what you want to call it).

The soundtracks used have been carefully chosen as to add the desired effect to the situation, particularly when Kenshin makes a kill, there is very much that element of remorse within you and you can feel it inside of Kenshin himself. Each and every fight is top-notch; they're realistic to the core and are the best sword duels you'll ever come across in any anime. The tremendous build-ups towards the story are also very cunning. It's amazing how so much was produced from a plot hole that was simply set in and about feudal Japan.

What strikes me the most is how the series, which I think is very poor, managed to completely diverge from the OAV. They are completely different in so many ways with the only resembling figures between the two being the characters in name only; they're like different people when compared to their counterparts.

Like I said, I'm not an anime person, really. But if I had to choose a poor one, then it would be Ayane's High Kick even though I've never seen it before. Reviews say it sucks badly, most of my friends hate it, and I heard it's around three episodes long. o.O[/color]

[QUOTE]Yu Yu Hakusho-
This anime is really original. How many animes do you know that start out with the main character dying? The characters are so different. The fights are great, you really don't get bored watching them. You never thought the grim reaper would be a blue-haired bubbly girl on an oar, now did you? The humor is great also.[/QUOTE]

i agree...definetely a great anime. of course there are too many to list, even i can't think of one. but i think i'll take yu yu hakusho cause it was one of the first anime's i really got addicted to. ^^ weird way to put it, but the plots are just amazing and about everything else xmystic_silverx said...=)

I find a lot of people to be disapointed in inuyasha, and ive only seen very few different animes but of the ones ive seen inuyasha is one of my favorites. the story is really good, although it seemed that after the first season the writers got bored of the shikon jewel, and moved on the the romance between inuyasha and kagoma or kikyo.(therefore it got boring) its funny, and sad at parts, and the action i find is pretty good, esspecially after youve been watching dragonball z where theyr fights consist of energy balls, and fighting SSOOOO fast that its just a blurr, its like they got lazy or somthing, and you know that everytime theres a villain, goku can defeat him no matter what.

Gundam wing is another of my favorites, i havnt seen any of the episodes, but ive seen "the endless waltz" and i really liked the story and the charactors. and i LOVE the mobile suits! they are well detailed and rather entertaining to watch them battle.

Digimon is good too, but they tend to have a bunch of extra main charactors, if you know what i mean. theres the girl with the puple hat, the fat kid, the small kid, the main charactor with the goggles and koji, but after a while the others become to weak and have to lend thier spirits to the stronger two(koji, kid with goggles) and the others get left out, and just stand on the side lines cheering them on and sometimes getting in the way. T_T

and in pokemon what happend to misty?! she just got replaced by a girl who doesnt even like pokemon and little nerdy kid max. :tasty:

there are many animes or mangas in this world of ours. and i must say that each anime (or manga) is relatively different from the other, yes it is true that some are more boring than others. but who are we to judge which is better or worse? does our credibility give us the benefit to sort the good ones from the bad ones are we a critique who judges them?---------------------------- HEY! WHAT R YOU DOING? GRRRR!!! [this break is for the elapsed time that my brains arer fighting]

sorry about that blubbering, i know that you read this post to know my opinion about the animes. and here it is. :D

one of the good ones: rurouni kenshin (samurai x). this is a good anime because there is a good harmony and mix between the reality of japan's history and the fantasy of the maker's creativity. this adds to the rear-whoopin' action scenes in this anime. also the creator of rurouni kenshin gives us an in-depth look on the characters using flashbacks, conversations, and ova's. this anime reflects on our current and real world. the fantasy of the anime is like a parody of our real lives, and so the reality and fantasy collide in an awe-inspiring, action-filled, heart-warming anime that is rurouni kenshin.

• 2 weeks later...
For the millionth time, .hack//SIGN!!! Okay, here's why. :lecture:

story line- A very original idea, and it keeps your mind working. People that don't like to over exhert themselvs metally probably wouldn't like this anime. Also, every episode contributes to the plot, meaning it's not just a bunch of filler like some animes.

character design- Every character has a personality that can be related to, that is believable. Also, the character's actual appearances are amazing, in both color and design.

music- IS PERFECT!!! The backround music for every scene just fits, and a lot of the music is in english. Several songs use flutes, lutes, violins, cellos, bass guitars, and electric guitars, and the music almost sounds layered, like several nice sounds put together to make one mixture that will blow you away! Yuki Kajiura and See Saw deserve and have earned some recognition!

Greatest anime of all time...?

Choices, choices

The [I]funniest[/I] anime I have ever seen is probably one called Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu (roughly translated as "The jungle was always nice for halle, and then came Guu, but corect me if I'm wrong), as it's the most off the wall, bizzarre thing I have ever seen, with the exception of my choice for best anime...

Fooly Kooly

Alright, it's funny, the animation's great, the music original (and lacks a supremely cheesy opening theme, which turns me off many anime), and the art is quite frankly stonking (that's good if you're not from north England). It's wacky, funny and a good time, and doesn't require a great deal of thinking without being too much of a no brainer...well, anyway, that's my two cents.

I can't believe only one person name bebop as their favourite(s) anime! that show has got to be the most polish and stylishly execute anime I've ever see! The character are superbly portayed, episodes are executed tastefully yet dissimliar enough in nature to be unique and enjoyable by themself and the main plot held suspence and action applenty..

I mean VICIOUS?!?!?! that character alone was enough to make this show cool but while it held alot of cliche theme it is so far from unoriginal as to be the other end of the spectrum. Plus it has the most AWESOME ending I have ever seen in any Anime, it was such a memerable moment to seen the finale of such a great show not only live up and exceed my expectation...

other honourable mention: Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki and LAST EXILE<--

worst anime...

hmmm there are many really bad, one of the worst would be Comic Party for me (because the amount of otaku geekiness in it just doesn't translate to anything FUNNY in anime).

The Best Anime(s) would have to be......
1. Trigun: I just love Wolfwood and Vash :love: they make a great team. The other reason is because well I also love the action.
2. Cowboy Bebop: Its just really good and Spike is the best.

The worst anime for me is FLCL. I just don't like it.
Well see you around.

Guest Takahashi Fan
InuYasha because it is the best. Everything about it is awsome.
:wigout:
:tasty:
:flaming:

[COLOR=Navy]Next time, please give us some specific reasons. ^_~

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

my favortie, personaly... is hellsing.
its just a bad *** anime over all. all hands down.

but the worst? narutaru? imagin a 13 episode anime about a girl who visits her grandmothers house and finds a magical starfish. and meets a girl with another one like it. and they become friends. and fly battle ships...
its pointless. really... it is.

[B]xoxo[/B]