OtakuBoards

Best and worst anime(s) and why

Chibi Devil Me

Guest Shikaku
My favorite anime actually would have to be FLCL. I loved the fact that if you blinked, you missed something. I always find something new everytime i watch. Hellsings pretty good too. and One Piece is AWESOME!!!

Worst anime ever.... Hmmm... I'd HAVE to say Dragon Ball Z. It's bad enough that they have a 15 minute stare down in every episode, but that wouldn't be THAT bad if i dind't see a freaking SSJVegeta or a SuperSaiyan chat handle everywhere i went. Jus gets annoying...

What is my favorite anime???

Slayers. No doubt. Definitely Slayers. I love the humor, storyline, characters, villians, world, history, and spells. Not to mention the male characters are all bishounens. ^____^

But that's only one of my favorite animes. I also love Inu Yasha (I adore the characters (kouga!) and the storyline) and Trigun (Vash. You know the ending where they talk about the next episode? I love the fact that it is almost exactly like the Drizzt Do'Urden monologues in his stories! Vash is just too cool!).

As for worst animes (in MY opinion), it would have to be...Furi Kuri (watch me get assassinated in the next two seconds) and...eh, I won't mention the other one. Why do I not like Furi Kuri? While it may be humorous, it's confusing, lacks plot, and overall kinda bores me. I may be killed for that, but this is me being serious. -_-;;; Oh, and I don't like it's perverted-ness. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but...bleah.

Commence the shooting. :devil:

I have so many favorite anime's its hard ot pick just one, but I'll put two down instead ^.^

Best Anime's
.Hack//sign:
I love the story plot for this anime, especialy since it is an online game and the events that go on there. The graphics are pretty nice and I love the main characters. Mostly subaru, Bear, B.T, and Maha. I like Maha the best because....its a cat wearing awsome clothes and hovers in the air...who cant like that??? Plus .hack//sign goes on to the games series and the manga's which are all related.

Cowboy Bebop
I love the storyline for this anie, plus the characters are so awsome and snappy at eachother and stuff. Everyone who said they liked Bebop basically said it in their post why I like it so yeah.

Worst Anime's
Reign:
whoever thought of this anime needs to be assasinated like...reight now. Alexander the great did not have all these people who can jump super his and kill in an instand. Nor was there and secret organization trying to get rid of him with magic powers. But the thing that made the anime awful wasthat everyone wore a cod-peice, nasty as anything.

[COLOR=Navy]I've seen a lot and I like a lot. There are quite a few that I don't particularly like and there are some I just absolutely hate. Here's my list explaining why for each one.

For as far as my favorites go, I really like Rurouni Kenshin, InuYasha and Serial Experiments Lain. Rurouni Kenshin has the comedy, the history, and the action all in one. The plot is well thought out, and I really like how it seems to stick with the facts a bit. Heck, even the main character, Kenshin is based off a real life samurai that was famous and lived during that specific time period.

The art in Kenshin is also very good. The art is really important during the action sequences and the art is superb throughout the whole show. The back round art is also really well done. Everything about the art is really good.

InuYasha is also pretty good. Though the art is similar with each human character it is nice. Though the similarities of all of the human characters help bring flavor to the show and add into the storyline. There is plenty of action in the anime as well of romance. The subbed and the dubbed voices are also cool.

Serial Experiments Lain is a favorite of mine. Unlike other anime, this one you have to watch several times to understand it. It gives you information of what's going on through speech and discussions of the characters. It gives you only enough information with what's going on without actually spoiling the show. Another thing that I like from this anime is the music. Lain's theme, the opening theme song, and the ending theme song are really awesome. I enjoy listening to them over and over.

There is only one anime that I can think of that I seriously don't like at all. It is the anime, Colorful. The animation is not the best and everything about it is just sex, sex, and more sex. It has some major sex themes. Some guy who loves that stuff may like it, but I don't.[/COLOR]

Guest RPGoddess
Ahhh~ ^^ I like Fruits Basket, Trigun... I'm really picky about my absolute favorites.

Fruits Basket - Although it's a romantic comedy and not really my "style" I highly enjoyed this anime. Tohru's kind, naive nature gets kind of annoying after a while but she's not unbearable like a lot of anime females. Kyou is my favorite though I love the Hatori, Shigure, Ayame trio! ^^ I was kept wanting to see more, but the anime was unfulfilling compared to the Manga T_T

Trigun - Now, I haven't seen it all yet, but Vash is so hilarious. I thought Merle and Milly would end up being such annoying characters but they were far from it. There's so much action and excitement in the show to keep you on the edge of your seat! By the way Vash's english voice is played by the Black Power Ranger Adam. ^^

well lets see....

[COLOR=Magenta][I]Best:: duh! Inuyasha! It's romance :love: ,commody :laugh: ,horror :eek: ,and
everything else put into one! If only the relation ships weren't so cofusing...O.o; ;)

Worst:: hmm.. I would have to say FLCL. the only reason is because I really dont understand it..Ive seen it on Adult Swim, and it confuses me REALLY bad.... :)

so yeah....im done[/COLOR][/I]

Guest Nightwing04
Best: Cowboy Bebop is my all-time favorite. Took a simple plot about bounty hunters and made a great one, cool settings, awesome action sequences, and kick-*** characters.

Inuyasha is another of my favorite. The story is untouchable, and the characters are great, and the villains are flat-out well designed.

Trigun is also another favorite. Vash is the coolest character ever. He is so funny and yet can be so serious and intelligent at the same time, and the cast is great too. The villains, especially Legolas and Knives are straight-up psychotic and the guns look awesome.

Yu Yu Hakusho is a great one and so is Rurounin Kenshin. Both have great characters (Yusuke is one of my favorite characters, up there with Spike and Vash), great fight scenes, though the Sishio vs Kenshin was a bit unrealisitc at times, and the plot are great and so are the villains and the humor too.

Worst: Reign. All I got to say is WTF where they smoking when they did that one?

[quote name='Nightwing04'] The villains, especially Legolas and Knives are straight-up psychotic and the guns look awesome.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Heh, I think you mean Legato ^_~

Trigun became one of my favourite series very very quickly. As soon as I saw the first episode, I was hooked. Vash's character is amazing, and it's incredibly well-written in terms of dialogue and story. The direction's impressive, too, along with the music, the voice actors... I like it ^_^

It might have been nice to have learnt a little more about some of the characters and their origins/backgrounds, but there was certainly enough there to satisfy. The animation was good, too. I'd even go as far to say it's better than Outlaw Star's some of the time. Even the most poorly animated ones were really decent.

I'd have to say, in terms of my worst anime Shin Chan takes the biscuit above all else. I don't know why on Earth anyone would want to watch something so vile. The animation, the dialogue... very nasty indeed. But a lot of my basis for liking and sticking with an anime is the animation, so something like that definately wouldn't appeal to me.[/COLOR]

Out of all my favourites I'd have to say Cowboy bebop. I just loved that anime. The characters were cool and Ed was funny and the villains were well done too.. It had great music that went well with what was happening like the "Real Folk Blues" on the finale. The plots in the episodes were also very good. Cowboy bebop you also many different people from many different places(example black white jamaican chinese). You dont see that much and i that that was cool.

as for least favourite I'll have to get back to you on that. :D

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Blue]I personally think my favorite two animes are Ruruoni Kenshin and Dual: Parrallel Trouble Adventure.

Rurouni Kenshin has great action scenes and is very deep. I especially liked the characters and thei unique personalities. I watched practically every episode. I still want to see Samurai X.

Dual's great because it's sort of like a mixture of a variety of different anime styles. It's like Evangelian and Tenchi Muyo mixed together. Kasugi is forced to pilot a Core Robot ( sorta like Shinji having to pilot Unit 01) and he lives woith 4 beautiful women who love him(Tenchi Muyo or maybe even Love Hina).

I'm very flexible and I'm usually up to watching any kind of anime, but not Pokemon. I just can't stand Pokemon.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My favorite anime shows are Yu-Gi-Oh, Inu Yasha and Martin Misteries.
Yu-Gi-Oh:I totaly fell in love with Ryou. I think the characters are well tough, they each have their past dificulties(Like Seto for example) with makes them even more interesting.
Inu-Yasha:I love the whole demon thing! And I think the idea of a girl sudently finding herself in feudal japan is awesome!
Marin Misteries:Most of you don't know that show. The style his anime but it's made in canada. I liek it because it's sooo funny! martin's always goofing around, java... well he's a cavemant and Dianna is always making stupid scientific theorie.. but most of the time, they do make sense... oh and Billy's one cute lil alien!

The anime shows I don't like:
Duel Monsters:I think they tried to merge Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblade together and it didn't work...
Any Mech anime show:I just don't find them interesting... I don't HATE them. They just don't apeal me...

My favorite animes are:

I MUST PUT Inuyasha on the list, because the storyline, music, characters (doesn't hurt Inuyasha's hot :D), everything about is so frikin cool! It is my most favorite anime, and I love the manga, too! :love:
MUST ALSO PUT Cowboy Bebop on the list because it's the music, the characters, the animation, well, pretty much everything with this one too. My fav char. are Ed (MOST DEFINITELY ED!!! see avatar!) and Spike. My fav session is Mushroom Samba (S. 17) :love:
AND WHO'D FORGET Rurouni Kenshin? Action, romance, and humor mixed with some kickass stuff by Kenshin is pretty cool! And does it hurt either that Kenshin's kinda hot? :D
Ranma 1/2 is also a favorite of mine, but only because it's hilarious. :D
Pokemon I have LOVED since I was 8. :cool:
Sailor Moon is also really cool and funny. My bro hates it though. Keh, he's a guy, so go figure. I loveitloveitloveit! (I luv it so much I made myself a Senshi, see login name and signature) :love:

And I can't think of anything else right now.

A) Trigun: Sue me for not being original on my picks, but for the love of all things holy, the main character is a [spoiler]PLANT!![/spoiler] who comes up with originality like that. And legato is THE best villian ever. Knives...grr he is such an ***. Plust the story is great and pretty twisty at times, and there is wonderful gun designs (who would ever make a cross into a gun?!)

B) Cowboy Bebop: Music(Tank was in my head for a month) , characters, and character names are very cool

C) Initial D: I just got into this and it has been a very good story so far (hard to say after 3 eps.) and i love streetracing!

reign sucks. the character designs tweek me too much :flaming:
and flcl, i love it cuz its so weird

[SIZE=1]A few of my favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, & Rouroni Kenshin. Ah, the typical favs. ^_^

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Cowboy Bebop:[/COLOR] You can find every emotion in this one. Alot of comedy mixed with drama, great fun. It also has a great plot, and I love the artwork. Artwork is always a huge plus for me.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Trigun:[/COLOR] This has a very interesting plotline. The concept is original and well constructed. I really enjoy the extensive humor. Its always great to see Vash serious, then a second later lose it. The characters are interesting, and once again the artwork intrigues me.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Rouroni Kenshin:[/COLOR] I'm a big fan of Samurai, so this fits my need for Samurainess. Kenshin's cool facade, gentle nature, and compassion for others,and also being a very powerful swordsman really lure me in. Awesome artowrk and plot.

As for my least favorites. Reign and Big O take the cake for the worst Anime for me.

[COLOR=Brown]Reign:[/COLOR] I hate the character design, and whole style. The whole thing was rediculous. I don't see any appeal in this whatsoever. :twitch:

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Big O:[/COLOR] This reminded me of Batman or something. I didn't care for the whole concept of this one. :/[/SIZE]

Guest Arisa
[B]Trigun [/B] - Vash is one funny man.
[B]Gundam Wing [/B] - 5 hot pilots plus kick a** mobile suits, minus an annoying girl, what more do you need? :cool: It's the only gundam series that I actually like.
[B]Inuyasha [/B]
[B]Case Close[/B] -It's different from the other animes
[B]Cowboy Bebop[/B] -I like Ed^_^ She's cool
Naruto
[B]Sailor Moon[/B] - well... not as much anymore. Its just, it was my first anime :blush:
[B]Love Hina[/B]
Well, thats all I can think of from the top of my head.

My personal favorite would have to be Trigun. This anime has so much power and a great storyline and characters. But what really gets you is a character that wont kill anyone but supposavly has a $$60,000,000,000 double dollar bounty on his head. But that all changes when you find out that ~*!SPOILER!*[spoiler]~It really was Vash's twin brother Millions Knives who did all of the killing.[/spoiler] This anime has everything a good anime needs.

[color=#503f86][size=1][b]Added [spoiler] tags, heh -Solo[/size][/color][/b]

I can't pick just one best, there are too many to name but lemme start with Evangelion. I can't believe nobody has said this one already. Its really controversal, has some characters that I really like(Rei and Misato) and some that I love to hate(Gendo and Ritsuko), great music, great storyline, what else must I say? Another one is Rurouni Kenshin because it has plenty of interesting characters. The OVA is much better though because its more serious, WAY better animation, and better fight scenes. As for the worst, I have to say Dragon Ball Z because its just a 15 minute stare-down, characters are ridiculously strong, and the fights take about a kazillion episodes(obviously, I'm exaggerating).

Heh, I figured that this topic was going to be really old, but I was wrong...glad to see I'm not bringing back something that's months old :p

I've admittedly not watched as much anime as other people here. Most of the series I've seen come by way of Cartoon Network or some other network. However, I [i]have[/i] seen some good ones, in fact enough good ones that I really can't choose a clear-cut favorite out of them...I have about three that I love a lot, with some others close behind.

[b]Cowboy Bebop:[/b] This show was my true favorite for a long while, and still remains one of my favorites to this day. I think the show's many strong points (which include its amazing dubbing, the impressive visuals, great music and seamless integration of many different genres and styles) make up for its one, true weakness (in my opinion), which is the lack of a really developed storyline. However, when it comes to sheer entertainment value, Cowboy Bebop is definitely up there.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion:[/b] Coming into my first viewing of this series, I had mile-high expectations for it, considering all of the praise that's been lavished onto it since its inception. I think it speaks for the quality of the show that it managed to meet and surpass my expectations. By now, everyone knows the show's strong points (the multifaceted characters, deep storyline, etc.), and I'm one of those (seemingly few around here lol) people that thinks the original ending for Evangelion fits the series just about perfectly. But that's another tangent for a whole different thread, heh.

[b]FLCL:[/b] Even though I felt at times that the show was trying too hard to be over the top with its gags, the show still managed to entertain me and make me laugh quite a bit. It's also not very often that you'll get a really solid story to go along with the great humor (as compared to Excel Saga, which, though I think it's funnier so far, has very little coherent plot). Aesthetically, it's also fantastic, with the great visuals and the awesome music.

Chobits, Excel Saga (what I've seen, anyway) and Lupin the 3rd also deserve some mentions for being good series.

As for the worst...well, I wouldn't call it the worst, because it's not a bad anime by any means, but [b]Noir[/b] was incredibly disappointing to me. When the show was good, it was good, but you had to sit through some god damned slow pacing in order to get to the good parts, and you're constantly beaten over the head with the same symbolism in the same forms throughout the series. As I said before, Noir is not a bad anime, and I enjoyed the good parts, it just disappointed me quite a bit.

My favorite is DEFINITELY Fruits Basket. Second favorite goes to Fushigi Yugi.

Fruits Basket - Okay. The characters here and each of their backgrounds are skillfully planned and believable (besides the fact that they turn into animals). I can name virtually any character on that show and you know their background and everything. It's like you know them in real life, you feel like friends (in my mind anyways. But then again, a lot of people think I'm crazy XP ). It's romantic, it's funny, it's SAD (oh my gosh that anime is sad..). I don't think I've ever had an anime that makes me ALWAYS have an expression on my face. I'm usually just o_o when watching something, but Fruits Basket is always making me laugh, cry, smirk, grin, or even just go O.O!! Genius anime (and manga for that matter XP )

Fushigi Yugi - Beautiful. Just.. beautiful. Amazing characters. A lot like Fruits Basket, you feel like you know them. Constant emotion. As much as I dispise Miaka (yep. I find her annoying as heck), when she feels betrayed, I feel betrayed. Okay.. Favorite moment or episode from any anime comes from this series. When Tasuki fights dark Tamahome who's been poisoned by Yui (Kodoku is it called? Something like that). That fight scene HAS to be the greatest anime part ever.

And my favorite two characters come from these anime too. The two redheads with somewhat similiar personalities, Kyou and Tasuki.