OtakuBoards

Summertime and the living get's lazy

Doukeshi

Well, since the summer is almost upon us, it might already be upon some of us, I'm just curious as to what other folks plan on doing during those long days with very little to do.

I'm not to hyped about summer vacation really, dunno why, 'cause I mean I used to be but nowadays I just see the space for boredom and such. I know most people don't do much during the summer, but i'd just like to know, if anything what you guys do, or are hoping to do in the many weeks ahead ^_^.

[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]Wow, is this ever my topic. During the summer which has been about 20 days so far, I've found myself doing the following:[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy] [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]1) Taking 543 question-long quizzes[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]2) Finding nothing to do on bored.com[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]3) Reorganizing my crayons into complex colourized systems >_<[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]The only time I find myself having fun is when I'm with my friends, and they're not around a whole lot, 'cause they're all actually doing stuff. I was going to apply for a job at Publix (local grocery store), but my mom decided against it because she says I'm going to be too busy this summer... (Quite the contrary...) I will be busy for about a month when I go to Illinois to visit my grandpa and then to Las Vegas to visit my aunt. [haven] [holy music][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]Summer vacations are the one reason that I prefer year-round schools to nine month schools and everyone who agrees with me, say "Aye!".[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy]Everyone: [silence][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=navy][cough][/color][/size][/font]

Man....there are so many things to do durning the summer before school starts again. I'm happy because my friend that moved to Washington is coming back to Maryland....and now our group is back togeteher!!! Besides that I have to find a job during the summer :( , but I guess its a good thing since I dont have to ask my parents for my allowence anymore. Plus I get to save up my money to go to driving school and get my permit (finally). But besides all the work and studing, I'll always be hanging out with my friends: Going to movies, playing tons of games, staying up all day and doing stuff, also playing non-stop DDR :D . We (my friends and I) Need to get back in shape with that game. So I'm hoping that this summer is just going to be relaxing and less stressful than school ever was.

~Latersl

[color=crimson][size=1]I am currently retaking Chemistry 1211 in hopes of getting an A the second time around. I really need some nice GPA boosters. Bleh. I also have a job right now at one of the dining halls on campus. It's a pretty good job and pay isn't really all that bad. I also have a very cool co-worker right now who I can forsee is going to become one of my closer friends. And then there's my church calling and my social life. Yep. I plan on going to Florida as soon as I get done with my class in August. ^_^[/color][/size]

The only thing I do in the summer holidays:

1. Get bored
2. Get depressed
3. Eat like I'm feeding for ten marines
4. Wonder why people find it necessary to type their post in -23 font- I can hardly read the font I am currently typing in

(Is pratically blind)

Which is why I'm getting a summer job and perhaps taking up some summer courses. I'm actually happier when I'm learning and doing something constructive. I have issues with time x_x

Sometimes I go off to the States or Spain for summer (Spain is cheap- the wonders of living in the European community!) which annoys me cause I go with my family. I'm sure it'd be funner if I got to go to the art galleries and student quarters of the place, but ah well.

This is my second day of vacation today. Right now I am currently in Philadelphia, and I walked and shopped all over the Chinatown district in downtown Philadephia.

After I get back from that, I am going to go to many Halo LAN all-nighter parties, and stay up late every night. The usual.

[color=darkviolet]It's simply illogical for a person who has to work 12 months out of the year to have a summer vacation so I can't really say what I'll be doing for summer vacation.

However maternity leave is kind of like summer vacation, right? So I'll be taking care of a baby for that. And for the first two weeks I'll be counting the minutes until I can drive again.

Oh for the days when I was still in school and all I had to think about when I got out in June was how far would my parents drive this year to go camping and where would we go. And if we'd have to deal with skunks and racoons who scare small children when they get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. (the kids not the racoons going to the bathroom)

Damn it I want to be a kid again! :bawl: [/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I shall be doing the following during the summer:

-Summer school, school, & school. I have to take 2 summer-long courses before this Fall term.
-Watch anime & read manga.
-Perhaps a few trips here and there.

That's all ^^; . Nothing too exciting, right? If only I had more time, then... :D

[/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff]Well all of you suck, right about now, [b]because i'm not even out of school yet![/b] How early did you people (erm... those in public high schools) manage to get out of school so early? The feds require 180 days; y'all musta started really early. I still have tomorrow, and [b]another week[/b] left of school. And three of those five days are FINALS, which I'm freaking out about because I'm an overachiever and a frosh. It doesn't help that I've been told "they're not so bad" by everyone; I'm still freaking out.

I think I'll fill the endless hours of boredom with babysitting, friends, and writing stories. I plan to finish two novel length stories by the end of August. ¬.¬[/color]

[COLOR=Blue]Well, I'm going to summer school. Not because I'm failing, but to get another elective in high school. But then on I think August 10, I'm going to Mississippi. But other tha that....I'm doing BUPKISS!!!! SUMMER BREAK!!!! WOOT!! *giggles*[/COLOR] :D

Well, technically I'm not on holiday I'm on "study leave", which basically means I should be studying for my exams...but I'm not heh. I probably will when then time is upon me. Anyway, I'm going to Edinborough (that's the captial of scotland btw) for three days to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, tomorrow, I will be going to Alton Towers (a theme park) for a weekend in July and I'm going to Leicester for Amecon in August. I have some other stuff here and there such as meals, picnics...family week at the caravan ¬_¬ etc. I'm also working and thinking about doing some voluntary work at a museum near mine, so it'll look good on my University papers.

Sometimes I get depressed when I get bored, and sometimes when I remember last summer because I was on a big downer then for some reason, which I'm pretty much over now. The heat gets to me also. With most of the year being kinda wet and cold and such, the heat and humidity of the summer really makes me irritable and uncomfortable.

Meh

P.S Aye!!

This summer I'm going to be really busy. It's probably going to be the busiest summer I have ever had. I'm going to go to summer school for a couple weeks. I have to take research and technology. I'm going to go to music camp for a week this summer too. Then, I know I'm going to spend atleast a week at both of my grandmother's houses. I'm probably going to spend alot more time at the stable and going to horseshows. I might go to pony club camp too. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of days to sleep in.