OtakuBoards

Discover The Deep

Corey

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b]"What the f.uck is her problem?"[/b] Odysseus glared at Valence with fire as he helped Carlos and Alex unload pick axes and shovels.

[b]"Don't worry 'bout her, man,"[/b] Alex muffled through his cigarette,[b] "She's still pissed at me for the snake bite."[/b]

Carlos laughed and began to dig. The three discussed the mysteries of women and how much they hated, yet, loved them. Odysseus, the most heated of the three, slung off his wife-beater and dig furiously. His muscles contracted and his well-toned stomach rippled. Sweat gleamed on the men's upper torsos. They stopped for a bit to listen for directions from Lorn.

[b]"Alex and Carlos, continue digging. Odysseus, I have to talk to you privately,"[/b] Lorn held out his gloved hand.

Odysseus tossed his shovel down and pulled himself out of the deepening pit. Dusting himself off, he grabbed his shirt and wiped his face. He followed Lorn into the equipment tent.

[b]"Look at this picture,"[/b] Lorn handed Odysseus a satellite picture, [b]"This is a picture of the 100 mile radius around this site. You see this?"[/b]

Lorn pointed to a rocky area. There were signs of life. Small fires, make-shift shelters and such. Odysseus scanned the pictures over carefully and with a skeptical eye. He then looked up at Lorn.

[b]"Tonight?"[/b] Odysseus fanned himself with the photographs.

[b]"I would like you and Consunse to go check it out."[/b]

[b]"Not her,"[/b] Odysseus groaned in slight annoyance.

[b]"This is what I was talking about when I asked you join this mission. When I found out you two were...involved, or whatever you two call it..I warned you not to let it-"

"It will not get in the way of my job, Lorn. I just don't see why you don't send Carlos out to do anything. He is security, after all..and all you have him do is sit in a tent monitoring the site,"[/b] Odysseus brushed his hand through his hair and tugged lightly.

[b]"Fine, I suppose you are right. You and Carlos will go check it out. I don't like the looks of this,"[/b] Lorn looked over the photos.

[b]"It's settled then. I think we should set out about an hour after sundown. It will be cool and the winds will be calm,''[/b] Odysseus made his way towards the flap.

[b]"Sounds good to me,"[/b] Lorn gave a thumbs-up then stopped,[b] "Odysseus."

"Yeah?"[/b]

Lorn walked up to his friend and handed him the map. Odysseus saluted with the rolled up map and left the tent. He walked up to Alex and Carlos and stopped at the edge.

[b]"Looks good, boys. Keep up the good work,"[/b] Odysseus smiled and dodged a shovel.

[b]"Save your strength and energy, Carlos. 'Cause tonight, you and I have a date,"[/b] Odysseus jumped down into the hole and continued to help the others dig.

[b]"What are you talking about?"[/b] Carlos grunted, thrusting a shovel full of dirt over his shoulder.

[b]"Lorn received pictures of what looks to be a small colony of some sort of life. You and I are going to go check it out after sunset,''[/b] Odysseus heaved.

[b]"It's a date,"[/b] Carlos smirked.

Odysseus smiled and looked up to see Consunse and Valence talking, no doubt about him. Consunse looked rather heated, Valence trying her best to calm her down.

[b]"Anger looks kinda sexy on her,"[/b] he nodded to Alex.

[b]"Yeah, but I will bet you anything she wants to bite your d.ick off,"[/b] Alex chuckled.

[b]"Yeah, probably,"[/b] Odysseus laughed and blew a kiss at her.

She rolled her eyes and flashed him a smile, throwing him a response kiss. Valence threw up her arms in defeat and walked off towards Lorn's tent. Consunse waved half-assly and walked over to the truck.

[b]"I just don't get you two, Odysseus. You'll hate her one minute, vice versa..then you'll be madly infatuated with eachother,"[/b] Alex threw down his pick ax.

Odysseus laughed softly,[b] "It's just something you don't need to question."

"No, it's just something no one will ever understand,''[/b] Carlos patted Alex on the back.[/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]The flap to his tent opened and a small puff of hot wind brushed his back. He had stripped to a white t-shirt and a pair of khaki shorts. It was still blisteringly hot.

[b]Lorn-[/b] "Unless you've brought a nice cup of iced tea, with which I can distract myself from said outbursts, please leave your anger at the door and proceed with an air of tranquillity." He looked over his shoulder at Valence who was stading just inside the flap looking rather confused. "It's ok, nevermind." He pulled out a folding chair and set it down. "Have a seat. What's up?"

[b]Valence-[/b] "The dig. I'm worried about it." Lorn nodded and turned away from the maps.

[b]Lorn-[/b] "We'll be good. Unless you're talking about something else." Lorn wiped his brow with a towel and ate another salt tab.

[b]Valence-[/b] "This place just doesn't seem right."

[b]Lorn-[/b] "I got that feeling too." He threw the towel back on his desk. "But usually it's just the fact that you feel kind of bad for disturbing something so old. It happened to me on my first real dig. I could barely lift a pickaxe without feeling imeasurable guilt for messing with ancient history." He grabbed a small frame with a photo in it. "This is the first thing I pulled from the ground. It was a petrified ceremonial staff from the Native Americans. Really old. It's in a museum now. Everyone can see it, and hopefully appreciate it too." Valnce looked at it and handed it back to Lorn.

[b]Valence-[/b] "That's probably it." She walked out. Lorn's face dropped slightly. His stomach pumped a fresh splash of acid into his throat. He ate a few Tums® and put a hand to his chest. His acid reflux hadn't been this bad since his third mission. He had lost three team members on that one. A cavein..[/size]

[COLOR=YellowGreen][FONT=Arial]

Carlos could only keep digging, occasionally wiping the sweat from his brow as the all began to dig away from where they started. The hole was getting a bit wider but not too deep, they were beginning to set a perimeter for the dig site. Luckly that were on flat land because to dig in the dunes. Would have been like walking into death. He remembered his papa talking about the dunes.

[I]Mi hijo, lemme tell you something bout the dunes. Yeah they look nice and innocent, but one wrong step and *whish* a land slide. The sand, moves just like water, and many people can get buried, just by one person's wrong step.

That's why I like to look at it as the 'Mar seco de la muerte.' You see the dunes are like the waves of an ocean that don't move but just one thing, and it'll crash down on you sweeping you away and killing you....[/I]

"Ey, Carlos," he heard Alez voice from behind him.

"Eh, wassup," he turned around once again wiping sweat from his forehead.

"Your turn man, go get a drink, take five. You haven't stopped since we started and you still got your 'date' with Ody tonight."

Carlos took off his shirt now drecnhed with sweat and threw it at Alex, who immediately began to laugh.

"You are one crazy person you know that." He said to Alex.

"Whoo-" Alex started up again. " Don't forget to shower before you go too. You gotta strong scent on ya."

Carlos and the others also had a laugh as Carlos began to move to QA.

"Aye, Consunse," he began, " We have any more of those salt tabs?"

"Yep," she got two out and tossed them his way.

He immediately took them down and drank a nice amount of water before collapsing on the ground.

"You got anyway of making me think its the Artic too." He chuckled blocking the sun out of his eyes.

She chuckled a little as well. "Sorry pal, I'm not God."[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b]"Odysseus, what do you expect to find out there?"[/b] Alex walked up to Odysseus, one hand held his shovel over his shoulder, the other brushing back clinging strands of hair.

Odysseus did not respond, he was focusing on the direction he and Carlos were to be headed. His thoughts drug him deep into a tranquel state of relaxation. He did not hear, nor sense Alex and kept on rubbing at his chin. Alex quirked an eyebrow and flicked Odysseus on the ear.

As soon as Alex's finger grazed his ear, Odysseus spun around, clutching Alex's forearm and shoved his body into Alex's, flipping him over and landing roughly on his back. Odysseus then pulled out his butterfly knife and stabbed it at Alex.

[b]"Whoa! Odysseus!"[/b] Alex threw down his shovel and quickly took Odysseus's threatening hand, [b]"F.ucking b.itch! It's me, chill!"[/b]

Odysseus's eyes flared, trying to gather in Alex's face. He slowly released his forearm and jerked his hand away, keeping his harsh eyes on the startled man. He turned around and walked back towards the dig site. The sun blistering everything its cancerous rays could illuminate.

[b]"S.hit, man. That's not funny,"[/b] Alex followed, cautiously.

[b]"Sorry Alex, it's just a reflexive habit,"[/b] Odysseus apologized half-heartidly, but it was relevant that he was ready to attack.

[b]"Yeah, sorry I startled you. I won't make that mistake again,"[/b] Alex pulled at the collar of his shirt.

Odysseus smiled and chuckled. Alex growled and uttered a few unfriendly comments, causing Odysseus to laugh harder.

[b]"What did you try to ask me?"[/b] Odysseus finally calmed.

[b]"I was wanting to know what you expect to find."

"I can only expect the unexpected. I hope it's not another excavation team."

"Yeah, that would suck. We'd have to fight who gets what."

"Nah, it didn't seem like it was in use. That satellite also acts as an infered scanner, and it didn't pick up any signs of heat or life..."[/b] Odysseus stood up again and stared off into the horizon.

Alex rests his hands on the handle of his shovel and nods in aproval.

[b]"Well, you're the survivalist. You'd probably know more than I would."

"Naturally,"[/b] Odysseus stuck out his tongue and joked.

The two continued to dig, watching the sun slowly creep down the sky. Alex throwing sand clots at Odysseus every once in a while to get his attention back. His mind was elsewhere, running in all directions imaginable.

[i]Man, I have a bad feeling about this..[/i][/color][/size][/font]

Guest Midnight Rush
[FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]

Alexander kept digging, slightly amused at the conduct of Odysseus. [i]Throwing me around like that? This is a rather rough team... No more letting down guard because they are "teamies". I did that before and my loved ones are dead. I need to be more like the man I was twelve years ago when I traveled, before her. I'll get the old gun out, maybe it'll do the trick.[/i] He was thinking all of this, when suddenly Odysseus, apparently done with his deep thought, threw a hard clod of sandy dirt at him.

Unlike before, when he was surprised, he caught the clod and crushed it in his hands. "You gotta be quicker, I'm not sleeping on the job anymore."

Odysseus chuckled, "I see. You seem more awake than normal, whatsup?"

Alexander wasn't one to share his thoughts or feelings, so he only hinted vaguely, "This ship has got new sails."

He dodged another clod, and kicked another back at the survivalist who was hit on the leg. "And perhaps some wind to move them," Odysseus replied.

Their shift of digging was over, and while Odysseus went to prepare for his night trip, Alexander walked over to the mess hall. It was empty, and he was pleased... seldom could he eat in peace.

He made himself a cup of instant noodles, and took a fork to them. He immediately ditched the fork in favor of a pair of chopsticks. His practiced hands moved the noodles solidly, and as he ate he remembered the first time he'd used them.

It was in a Chinese restaurant in a small town of Pennsylvania. He had been fifteen at the time, and was just discovering his interest in the foreign. To make a long story short, he ended visiting the waitress in the hospital because he'd nearly put her eye out. Even thusly daunted, Alexander Sonata did not give up! He went on to date the waitress under his parents' nose, and because of her became quite good at using the chopsticks.

He was lost in his childhood memories, yet noticed Consunse walking in. She thought that he hadn't seen her. She picked up the errant fork, and crept up behind him. Consunse suddenly stabbed at his exposed back palyfully, only to find her arm twisted by his iron grip. She held onto the fork, but lost control of her arm.

He put the fork right next to the slip of fabric that stood between her sex and the outside world. "How would you like to have this as a partner?"

"Hmm.. I've experienced several objects... but this has four pricks. I'd bet it would beat one."

"You'd have to go slow and careful, sensitive skin might be easily pierced."

"Yea... but once I'd got the technique down, I'm sure it'd be quite stimulating." She said, lowering her voice slightly.

"Indeed."
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][i]Consunse leaned over, until the fork was far away from the important part of her person. Then she placed both hands on the ground behind her and kicked back, moving slower than Alexander would have believed. She straightened up a good distance away and shook her finger at him.[/i]

"Careful. I doubt Odysseus would like to see you putting any sort of prick near my cünt."

"Such language from such a delicate looking female."

"Delicate being the most important describing word in that sentence."

[i]She grinned at him and fixed herself a bowl of rice and lentils, mashing it together with the aid of her hairsticks turned into chop sticks. Like an ancient chinese man, she held the bowl to her mouth and scooped the contents into her mouth, inhaling as she went.[/i]

"Manners."

"What manners?"

[i]She chuckled and set down the now empty bowl and picked up the glass of tea he had been nursing. She drained it and set it back down delicately. Then. After a few winks and smiles, she leaned over him and blew softly in his ear.[/i]

"Behave. Or I'll give you the four-prick treatment instead."

[i]He was about to respond when he felt her hairsticks, last seen in her hair again, pressing gently into the small of his back. Alexander reached for them, only to see her flip out of his way again. She stopped by the door, waved, blew a kiss, then went back to her tent.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Odysseus entered his tent, his shoulders heavy and sore, his eyes heavy with exhaustion from fighting the unmerciful sun. He plopped onto his cot with a grunt and sigh.

[b]"I'll start getting ready in a few minutes,"[/b] Odysseus spoke to no one in particular, throwing his arm over his eyes.

His jeans clung greedily to his skin, inhibiting his movement. But that didn't really matter to him right now, he was worn out. The hard-as-a-brick pillow felt of feathers, the scratchy wool material of the blanket felt of the finest silk. The breeze burst through his tent spontaneously, sending shivers over his cooling body. As he began to doze off, a strong gust whistled, bringing in with it the stinging sand and a most cunning creature.

[b]"Ah, you've come to lecture me now?"[/b] Odysseus did not move, he knew exactly whom the creature was.

[b]"Nope, just hooking you and Carlos up with supplies,"[/b] Consunse dropped a rather heavy duffle bag on the sand, only kicking it up into the air.

Odysseus coughed and choked for a few seconds and sat up, tossing the pillow at her head.

[b]"What the sh.it are you doing?"[/b] Odysseus spat out gritty saliva, glaring everso heatedly.

[b]"Oh get over it. You'll find everything you need in that bag."[/b]

The two stared, Consunse playfully, Odysseus with an eye for a kill. Consunse laughed aloud and walked over to her fumming colleague. She bravely took a seat on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. Odysseus cocked an eyebrow and gazed in sheer irritation.

[b]"What is the real reason you came in here?"[/b] Odysseus sighed and raked his hands through his thick hair.

[b]"I don't think I need to answer that one,"[/b] Consunse leaned over and began licking at Odysseus's ear.

Waves of shivers spread from the depths of his stomach and throughout his body. He sighed lightly, slumping onto Consunse's soft breast. Her scent seeped into his nostrils, sweet and light, yet full of flare and intensity. This odd mixture aroused Odysseus's senses and he moved his hand to her hip. He squeezed her tiny waist gently and slowly slid it across her stomach and down her naval. She responded with a slight tug and nibble on his earlobe, naturally, sending numbing sensations into his naval.

[b]"G.od damn you, woman,"[/b] Odysseus groaned and nipped on her breast.

Consunse only chuckled wickedly, her hands sliding over Odysseus's smooth muscles. He wrapped his arms around her waist and forcively pulled her into him. He nuzzled his nose against her stomach, lifting her tank top. His eager lips grazed the ivory plains of Consunse's torso, his teeth drug across her breasts, catching randomly on her lacy bra. He allowed his tongue to roll over her hardening n.ipples. Consunse released a breath that, what seemed to Odysseus, she was trying to hold back.

Encouraged, Odysseus then moved one hand around her waist and to her inner thigh. She, in response, moved her warming lips to his, forcing them to lock. Odysseus pushed back, and Consunse pulled in, their small game of tug-o-war. His hand slid further up her thigh, his skilled fingers pushing into her sex. She sucked aggressively on his bottom lip, her hands faultering around his belt. Smiling in his victory, his sense of control, Odysseus dared to move his hand upward, unzipping her jeans. He then ran his other hand up her stomach and cupped a breast, pushing her onto the cot with ease.

[b]"Don't you have a date?"[/b] Consunse teased, tugging on Odysseus's waistline of his jeans.

[b]"My date can wait. He's not that sensitive,"[/b] Odysseus smirked and slipped his hand into her jeans.

Consunse's back arched slightly, her once steady breathing slowly began to waver. She sat up, throwing one arm around Odysseus's neck, the other propping herself up. Their lips, once more, met with more aggression. Odysseus slowly rubbed her persona and slipped his fingers underneath her thin fabric of an undergarment, feeling with satisfaction of Consunse's natural sexual enhancer. He moved his lips over her neck, biting playfully on the nape of her neck and sucking gently. Her hands gripped tightly on his hair.

Odysseus, in sheer ecstacy now, moaned softly in sync with Consunse. They both struggled to stay as quiet as possible, the possiblility of someone walking in on them gave them both a fear that aroused them greatly. Consunse's exotic scent, the tense atmosphere, everything rolled into one high. Odysseus maneuvered his fingers, teasingly. Consunse groaned, frustrated and lustfully. Odysseus smirked and moved his fingers around her undergarment and deep into her. Her sharp gasp sounded he had accomplished a mere victory.

[b]"You started it,"[/b] Odysseus whispered into her ears, brushing her hair back with tenderness.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][i]Consunse snarled at him and clenched her muscles around his fingers, making his job at least twice as hard as it had been when he had first started.[/i]

"Yeah, and I'll finish it too. You cünt."

"Oh, naughty girl."

"Bah. You've said worse."

[i]He was about to respond, when he decided to jerk his fingers into her with far less kindness than before, curling up the tips to rub against more sensitive areas. In response, Consunse gently placed her fingers at the base of nis neck, her fingernails simply running over his skin. Then, as soon as he stopped for a second to reposition, she dug in and raked her claws down his back, the muscles in her shoulders rippling as she rended his skin one raw red mass.

Odysseus's back arched and his mouth opened in a silent scream, holding back for both fear of being caught and being thought a pansy. He stopped himself and leaned his mouth over to her ear long enough to whisper.[/i]

"You little whore...I'll kill you for that."

"Oooh, I'm scared now."

[i]She winked at him and ran her palms over his flesh once more, caressing gently, soothing him with her touch, before reaching up to kiss his lips ever so sweetly. He removed his hand long enough to let her kiss his fingertips, run her tongue between them, then kiss him again, this time putting a little more energy into it. Odysseus shivered and submitted to her touch as she pressed him back down, switching places as easily as rolling onto her side. Then, in her new, and much more appreciated position, she straddled him, one hand on his face, the other resting just behind her behind.. [haha]

Her teasing eyes flickered up to his, then down to his broad chest. She leaned over and nuzzled his neck, her hand trailing down to flick against his own nipples, her other hand rubbing him slowly, much more slowly than anything he had done for her. Slow enough to the point where he was both aroused and extremely annoyed at the pace she was setting.

Noticing his frustration, she did nothing more than slide her body against his and grin at him.[/i]

"Frustrated?"[/COLOR]

Guest Midnight Rush
OOC: 0.o Ehgee... To, er, alliviate sexual tension, I'll serve up an arbitrary gunfight.

IC:

Alexander studied the beduins through the sniper-scope carefully. He didn't think they were a threat, or even anything more than nomadic tribesmen, but he was careful.

They were roughly two hundred yards away from him, and thus 500 yards from the main camp. Sonata hadn't alerted Lorn to their presence, thinking he'd deal with them himself. "I haven't had any fun in a long time. Time to put my lovely Wolfram to work."

He had marked a certain dune as a barrier point. Should any of the nomads decide to even approach the dune, his .75 shells would greet them. Alexander filled with bloodlust at having his old gun in his hands. They'd seen a lot together, and the Wolfram had never failed him.

One of the taller nomads was within fifty feet of the dune, and was sort of marching aimlessly. Now forty, thirty, twenty, ten, five... He stopped. The man had seen Alexander, and began shouting to the others in some odd language. They gathered around the pointing man, and most of them drew forth ancient Soviet AK-47 assault rifles.

Alexander fired the Wolfram's high velocity hollowpoints into the chest of the pointing man, and the blood flew. "Bang." He growled.

The nomads went crazy, and they began firing at the dune he was crouched behind. He easily waited out the initial volley, smiling brightly. After twenty shots or so, he figured they were reloading, so he stood up and returned fire. Of the fifteen or so beduins that were armed, ten were reloading, and the other five began firing at him.

They were hitting around him as the ominous roar of the Wolfram exploded at them, decapitating two and breaking the hearts of another. By this time, the last one firing was reloading, and the other ten volleyed at him.

Alexander dove behind the dune again, and switched the gun to full auto, waiting for another lull. When it came, he exploded over the ridge, charging with Wolfram blazing. Four of them fell in bloody messes, their bodies ravaged by lead and fiberglass shards. The rest were courageous and kept firing, one even nicking his cheek with the old Soviet shells.

Sonata's face was not damaged, although it was bleeding moderately. He fired an expert string of accurate shots, killing all of the rest of the Beduins. By that time he was basically covered in their spilt blood, and he looked a mess. Laughing uproarously, he roared into the high angled sun.

"**** you desert! **** the winds and the sands and the sun! May you burn under your own heat.... DAMNED FOOLS CAN'T EVEN GIVE ME A FIGHT!"

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Arial]

'A camp full of sexually frustrated people.' He began to think tryng to relax in the shade of his tent after a long hot day of digging and laughing. He was more so reflecting on seeing Consunse almost naked, and the flirtateous conversation between Alex and her earlier that day. He was beginning to wonder if he, Lorn and Valence were the only sane ones on the mission, but he could only smirk to himself as the day began to wind down.

"Arrrgh," he screamed lightly and sat up. He was tired but the bed was not about to give him the comfort of sleep. Both the matress and pillow were too hard and for good purposes. To keep him up whenever needed. Only alcohol gave him the comfort he needed before bed and helped him to make believe the mattress was he nice soft bed back at home.

He sat up and picked up each boot, carefully shaking each of them out, wary that night predators loves to rest themselves in the shoes.

"Damned scorpions," he muttered to himself as he shook out one boot spoting one of the predators earlier that week. His continuous shaking revealed nothing and he placed the boot one. "One down one to go."

The next boot revealed the same nothing. Lucky for him, he had a teammate a few years back not so lucky. But noy only was the sting bad due to the animals poisn, but the area they were digging in had been irradiated many years back and many of the animals still keep the poison on their system. The guy hadn't died, but the pain and the treatment brought the guy so close he retired from digging ever again, and now wears a prosthesis.

He stood up and headed out the tent, the sun still blinding as it heads to the horizon. No one was outside and in the distance he swore he heard Alex cursing into the wind.

"What in the hell is that man doing?" He said to himself and began to head towards him but remembered about Ody and his departure.

He hurried by his tent and saw the bag outside assuming that he was ready as well.

"Yo Ody," He said opening the curtain to his tent but then quikly steping right back outside deciding the sun's light was better on the eyes than what he just saw. "Oh shi.t. you guys I'm sorry."

He could only laugh and keep his eyes closed, constant curse words entering into his head, but just as much as he was cursing himself he wish he could see more.

Neither of the two in the tent answered to him bursting in and he just continued to speak.

"Um Odyssesus, Im heading out to check on Alex, he seems to be in a bit of a mix but I'l be back in about 30. Have fun." He quickly began to move away from the tent and began to move in Alex's direction. His head still moving back to what just happened. He could only smile to himself and keep laghing.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Obviously frustrated and disappointed, Consunse let out an annoyed growl. She knew what was going to happen next, however, she tried to prevent it. She lay ontop of Odysseus, hoping it would keep him down.

[b]"C'mon, woman. I have to get ready,"[/b] Odysseus pushed his teammate off of him and stood up to throw on his jeans.

[b]"But, you heard him. Thirty more minutes, that's enough time,"[/b] Consunse rolled over onto her stomach and watched Odysseus walk around the tent, gathering his supplies.

[b]"No, I have to get going. Something doesn't feel right with Alex venturing off by himself. I heard his yelling as well, and from the sounds of it...it's not good."[/ b]

Odysseus continued to throw on his shirt and boots, slinging his duffel bag over his shoulder. Consunse's icy glare followed his every movement. Odysseus glanced over at the snaring "Queen Almighty" and stuck out his tongue. In return, she flipped him the slender salute.

[b]"Aww, don't be so personal. We are on a mission, and the mission does come first, right?"[/b] Odysseus put his hands on her shoulders and knelt down to plant a quick peck on the lips.

[b]"Yeah, whatever. Just get out of here before I think of ridding you of a certain piece,"[/b] Consunse kissed him back and slid under the blanket.

Odysseus chuckled lightly and opened the flap to his tent. He saw Carlos sauntering off towards his tent, and quickly ran to catch up.

[b]"Hey man,"[/b] Odysseus slapped his compadre on the back.

[b]"Oh, hey loverboy. I was going to give you some more time,"[/b] Carlos smiled, blowing some strands of hair from his eyes.

[b]"Yeah, I know. But, I am really anxious to see what is out there,"[/b] Odysseus lit up a cigarette and walked with Carlos.

The two men began to talk and plan. [/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=#696969][i]Valence sat out in the sun, looking out at the horizon. She still had the feelings she had when she spoke with Lorn. Something about that place made her feel...strange. She sighed and stood and stretched. It would be no use if she sat around feeling guilt and regret. She decided to find Consunse.

Watching Odysseus leave with Carlos, she walked to where he had left. The sounds of footsteps and movement were heard inside the tent and Valence knew that Consunse was stirring inside. She called for her and a reply came forth. Valence walked in and saw that she was laying on the cot, rolled up in a blanket.[/i]

"Sleeping on the job, are we?"

"Hmm. Not quite nearly."

[i]A chuckle came from Valence before she spoke again.[/i] "Lovely couple you two make. Bickering one moment, sexually arousing the next, then the next moment...you're bickering again. Ah. Sweet love."

"Love has nothing to do with it, child."

[i]A cocked brow was gazed at Consunse as she sat up, wrapping the blanket around her. Valence chuckled and let it alone. There was no use arguing with Consunse, she always seemed to win her arguments. A new topic would break the silence, yet there was not nearly enough to talk about.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1][i]Sorry about the absence. It was part time and part partying. I'm back and mostly sober, so no worries.[/i]
???
Lorn peered out of his tent with binoculars. Something had happened. The wind was heavy this evening, but he thought he had heard the slight reports of gunfire. They were onto something big. It would be extremely dissapointing if the local 'athorities' would show up. He didn't need to delay this dig and possibly lose track of the site. All the desert looks the same...

[b]Lorn-[/b] "Jesus Christ..." He put his head in his hands and rubbed his eyes. He was tired again. Sleep wouldn't come naturally... Pills were in order, but not yet. Lorn strolled out of his tent and surveyed the days work. They had made an unheard of ten by ten by five. Odysseus and Alex would definitly need a day off, but not until rock was struck. He jumped down the five feet into the pit, careful to avoid the markers they had placed to signify certain rocks that might have been early tools or bones.

Lorn knelt down and took a brush out of his pocket and claned he windblown dust off of one. They might not be in complete sand, but the desert does blow. It seemed to be a kind of cylindrical metal. He crouched closer and tapped it with the hard part of his brush. It made a mettalic clunk. Lorn furrowed his brow. If they were digging in a place where early humans had lived, there shouldn't be any kind of forged metal items... But it clearly was metal... He rubbed his eyes again and moved on to another flag. This one seemed to be a bone of some kind, though almost everything was technically rock. Perhaps a metacarple of some small animal. Alex and Odysseus had removed many of the other samples and had them topside covered in plastic. He climbed out of the pit using the hand and foot holds they had made.

Lorn looked at his tent. It offered him nothing but sleep, and he didn't want to sleep yet. If they dug hard tomorrow, they might make it to the volcanic rock layre. God would it be nice... Finnaly... A good discovery... He thought about his privious three digs and shook his head. Expensive ventures that hailed few worthwhile finds. And the prior one had left a nice trail of blood in its wake.

Lorn turned his head sharply in the direction his two crewmen had set out in. There had been a burst of raised voices carried by the wind, almost too faint to hear. He ran to his tent and, with a sideways look at his cot, grabbed his survival knife and set out toward the yells. Someone was angry...[/size]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]"May I help you?"

"Are all survival specialists this confrontational?"

"No. Some of us are ugly."

".......ah."

[i]She rolled her eyes and folded the blanket at the foot of the bed.

Consunse eyed Valence cooly, then stood up and adjusted her pants. Then, with one swift motion, she grabbed her gun belt, strapped it on, then reached for her water pack and marched outside. She was just in time to see Lorn headed out as well. And she trailed him quickly, adjusting the pack to fit in one line down her back.[/i]

"What's going on?"

"All I hear is incoherent yelling."

"It's a start."[/COLOR]

Guest Midnight Rush

Alexander was walking back to the camp, still drenched in the blood of his enemies. He was satisfied with his skill, and refreshed by the euphoria of killing another human being in cold blood (this in no way reflects Undefeated's opinions). His motto, back in the glory days, had been "Shoot to kill." and he was feeling better now that he began to live up to it again.

As he entered the camp, he guessed that Carlos and Odysseus had already left. Lorn and Valence could be heard in his tent chatting about various layers of the geological strata, and Consunse was sort of moping about.

When she saw him, covered in fast drying blood, she began to freak out. "What the **** happened to you, man? Are you hurt? I'm gonna ******* kill you if you die!"

"Whoa there lass, slow down. A few nomads and I played a game of cards, and they lost."

"Cards? What the **** was all the shoo- O. You idiot. Everyone was wondering what the hell you were doing! I am here to ensure that people survive, how the hell can I do that if your killing your ******* poker buddies!" She roared.

"I assure you that they got the worst of it. Anyways, had to warm up my gun again, you know?" He smiled, revealing perfect white teeth behind the bloodstain face. "Anyways, is the shower operational?"

"Yes. Idiot." She muttered, and went off.

He went and took a shower, feeling much better after he was clean and in fresh clothes. Sonata brushed his teeth and shaved, enjoying the feel of the icy water on his parched face. He then cleaned the Wolfram, oiling it and scrubbing it to its former perfection.

Feeling completely refreshed, he went off to Lorn's tent. On the way he encounted an evil looking expression from Consunse, presumably because he'd "wasted" water on shaving. He just smiled at her sarcastically and went on.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=#696969][i]Valence sat in the tent, wondering whether or not to follow. She would be the only member at the site and if anyone had came back, then it would be most important if someone was there to direct them in the next step. Valence grew tired of sitting and walked outside, hearing the inconsistent yelling of a man. She sighed and put her hands above her head and walked to the chair that was set beside the radars.[/i]

"Who the hell is making all that noise anyways? It's driving me insane!" [i]With a sigh, Valence ignored the yelling and focused on the dig.[/i] "Forget it. Alright...well. What are we expecting to find down here anyways? I mean...it could be bones of prehistoric creatures, perhaps treasures that were left behind. Who knows? Wow. Think of all the extravagant excavations we could make! Wait...why am I talking to myself? Oy. This heat is getting to me."

[i]Standing up, Valence grabbed a bottle of water and twisted the top off, taking a sip of water as she watched the sun glaze the deserted plains. The sun was nearly burning the sands as small animals emerged from their hiding places and dancing across the sand as they leapt and crawled. With a chuckle, Valence resumed to Lorn's tent to look over the various ideas that each had had and were speaking of.

Valence walked in and looked at the circled areas, the red marks, the notes, and all sorts of markings on maps and note that she sat down and began to review them. Being a Mass Excavationist and an Explorer Expert, just like Lorn, the two would have similar and different opinions. They thought on the same level, yet at the same time their minds traveled through different points, which made it all worthwhile and abosultely fascinating. Valence took a map in hand and traveled along the lines, pointing out various spots that would cave in, as well as various spots that would indicate layers of sediments and volcanic activity. This intruiged Valence and she began to take notes as well, putting herself deep into her work once more, not caring for what was around her.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1]Lorn was racing up the dunes toward the raised voices. Somehwere along the line he'd lost his hat. It was a nice woven hat that covered his ears from the ever persistant sun. He had made the mistake of wearing a baseball cap once before. His ears had burned like gunpowder in an open flame, and peeled like a good bananna. He was close now, but his legs ached so bad... The last dune shone in the vary last bit of evening sun like an orange wave on an ocean of fading light.

[b]Lorn-[/b] "Almost... There..." He dodged a small outcropping of some forsaken and damned desert plant, and missed his next footing. He sprawled into the sand on his right shoulder, adjusting just at the right time to stop from getting a mouth and lung full of sand. He tumbled for twenty feet and came to s stop, panting and struggling to get back up.

A pair of arms lifted him from the back, helping him to his feet. He glanced to see Consunce and gave her a breathless thankyou. She nodded and ran with him up the next dune. Images flashed thorugh his head about what he might find. Either Odysseus and Alex had gotten into a disagreement, or something worse had happened. He stumbled again but kept his ground.

The dune fell away behind them, and both Lorn and Consunce slowed. Odysseus, Carlos, and Alex were standing in a small clump at the bottom. A single set of footprints treked down from the next dune and two more treked to their current place of standing. A broken rifle lay a bit away from the argument site, snapped in half. Alex was looking heated and Odysseus was looking livid. Lorn hoped to God that this wouldnt' egt out of hand.[/size]

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]OOC: Very sorry for my absence, hopefullly I will be here more frequently.

IC:

[b]"Alex, what in the Hells are you doing?"[/b] Carlos kicked the pieces of the rifle further away.

Alex stood fumming, yet calm. His burning eyes leered at Odysseus. His stare could have penitrated the thickest of brick walls. Odysseus only stood firm, glaring right back at Alex. Odysseus flexed his cupped hands, his knee throbbed.

[b]"Alex, you better get your f.ucking mind back into the present. Or I will break you as I did your [i]precious[/i] rifle,"[/b] Odysseus spat.

The two's eyes ate at each other. Carlos tensed up, ready to tackle Alex down if he were to charge on Odysseus. On the other hand, he also had to watch out for Odysseus. He knew his friend all too well. Odysseus was no punk nor pansy. If Alex were to rush Odysseus and land a punch, he would surely meet a horrific display of infuriation.

[b]"Shut the f.uck up, Odysseus! It's all your fault! You and that c.ock sucking ****!"[/b] Alex bellowed, his voice seethed in envy and anger.

[b]"You watch your mouth, kid,"[/b] Carlos eased.

[b]"Don't call me 'kid'!"[/b] Alex turned on Carlos.

[b]"Bad form,"[/b] Odysseus smirked and side-swiped Alex, burring him into unrelenting sands.

Alex spun around and planted a fist into Odysseus's chin, sending him backwards a few feet. Scurrying to his feet, Alex advanced on Odysseus, who was also getting his footing, and tackled him. The two were sent tumbling down the now flowing dunes. The sand moved as water, carrying the men into a pit.

Alex growled and struggled to get free of Odysseus's choke hold. He coughed and gasped, his airway slowly callapsing. Odysseus smiled and tightened his forearm around Alex's neck. Carlos slid down the side of the ever changing dune and began to peel Odysseus off of the enraged Alex.

[b]"Lorn would kill you if you killed him! Let go, Odysseus!"[/b]

Carlos slipped his arm under the arm that was choking Alex and placed his hand behind Odysseus's neck. The other hand did the same on the opposite arm. Carlos then pulled up with his elbows with a prying motion. Odysseus's grip around Alex buckled as his shoulder blades rubbed mercilessly together.

[b]"..you...You will...pay for..that.."[/b] Alex staggered and coughed.

Odysseus shoved Carlos into the sand and stood up. He sneered down at Alex.

[b]"What the crap is going on over here!?"[/b] Lorn stood at the crest of the dune.

Odysseus and Carlos smiled up at him, Alex gasping for breath.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][i]Consunse looked down at the two of them, snorting to cover the laughter that threatened to bubble up in her throat. Alex looked like he was pouting, but the other two looked like they had just taken a refreshing run through the track. Carlos volunteered first.[/i]

"Scorpion attacked me."

[i]Lorn repeated his words incredulously.[/i]

"Scorpion. Attacked. You."

"...Yeah! It just came up out of nowhere, spitting venom and hissing."

"Scorpions don't spit venom and his. Cobras spit venom and his. ....."

[i]Consunse kept her face and voice perfectly steady, not betraying herself with wild hysterical laughter.[/i]

"Oh. Well it might have been a cobra too."

"You could just say that a madman attacked you and the effect would be the same. It's sometimes difficult to tell what's attacking you. Particularly when you're drunk."

"Wha-?"

[i]All members present except for her looked slightly confused.[/i]

"We're not drunk Consunse."

"Oh. I thought your lying was a side effect. It's obvious one of you had something to deal with and the other two were just helping out."

"Yeah that's right. Helping."

"........someone just shoot me now."

[i]Lorn grinned and pulled out his gun, pointing it in her general direction.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Lorn held his pistol dead aim at Consunse, who seemed to be surprised, yet challenged. The slithering smirk on her face made well aware that she was taunting Lorn. Odysseus stared back and forth between the two, careful not to move too quickly. Carlos rubbed at his temples and eyes.

[b]"D.amnit, can't we all just get along?"[/b] Carlos stood up and brushed off the sand.

[b]"We get along just fine,"[/b] Odysseus smirked and slowly climbed to his feet.

Consunse and Lorn eyed eachother as if they were about to gouge one another's eyes out of their skulls. Then, with a playful chuckle, Lorn spun the pistol around and slid it back into its holster.

[b]"Ridiculous display of teamwork, Alex. Odysseus, Carlos, tie him up and bring him back to camp. Then set out on your mission. Consunse, accompany them,"[/b] Lorn turned around and walked towards the campsite.

[b]"Aye, Aye, Sir Lorn!"[/b] Consunse flipped him off and turned to the three men.

[b]"Get your f.ucking hands off me!"[/b] Alex grunted as Carlos roughly bound his hands.

[b]"Shut your pie hole,"[/b] Odysseus clinched his hand around Alex's arm and pulled him along.

[b]"LET ME GO!! LET ME GO, YOU F.UCKING WHORES!!"[/b] Alex bellowed, kicking and screaming.

[b]"For the love of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!"[/b] Odysseus spun around and burried his fist into Alex's stomach.

The enraged man crumpled over. Carlos laughed and helped Odysseus drag him back to camp. Consunse followed cooly, studying the two as they laughed and slapped at eachother.

[b]"Children,"[/b] she smiled.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1]Lorn led the way, feeling slightly worked up and not a bit tired. The sun had set, giving the whole desert a kind of torrential cold. It was dropping rapidly. Gooseflesh sprung out across his arms. He wished his shirt wasn't damp with sweat. They dropped down to the packed desert dirt and dragged the still rasping Alex over to the camp.

[b]Lorn-[/b] "My tent please." Carlos and Odysseus hauled the man into said tent and reemerged. "I'll see you three later." He tipped his hat, which thankfully had been only half hidden by sand, at them and turned around to stand outside his tent. He caught a glimpse of Valence The trio chatted a bit into the distance. Lorn waited for their voices to get out of range and entered. Alex sat there, bound by the wrists and ankles, glaring at Lorn.

[b]Alex-[/b] "What the hell are the ropes for?" Lorn looked at him again, unmoving and unblinking. "What?! I didn't do anything! I jus-" Lorn punched him in the chest with the speed of a striking Cobra. Alex sputtered and choked on the sudden loss of air. Lorn walked calmly to his makeshift desk and pulled out a roll of duct tape.

[b]Lorn-[/b] "Now, depending on what your next words are, I might or might not use this to cover your mouth. From the sound of you, it might not be in your best interest to use it." Alex was once again rasping breath in and out of his lungs. "Ok. So, what did you do out there? Remember..." He waved the tape. Alex looked at it and drew in a short breath.

[b]Alex-[/b] "I didn't do nothin'..." Lorn sighed and launched a left hook at Alex. It connected squarely and his head lolled to the side. Lorn strolled up and ripped duct tape around his head, sealing his mouth shut.

[b]Lorn-[/b] "So you choose the difficult way. I have no trouble with that." He tore the end of the duct tape off of the roll and tossed it to the side. "Last time I was in a position like this, I was sitting in the chair. So believe me when I say I know when too much is too much. And the mob is far more persistent than I." Lorn thumped him on the top of the head with an open hand. A small smack filled the camp. "You will answer with head nods and shakes. Understand?" Alex nodded.[/size]

[color=darkslategray][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Odysseus and Carlos stood outside the tent, listening intently and laughing in hysteria. It was amazing at how something so wild could be easily detained. It was like having Heceles but his tendon.

[b]"Ah, Ody. Should we depart?"[/b] Carlos slapped one hand on Odysseus's shoulder.

[b]"Yeah, let's head out before Lorn gets too carried away and comes after us,"[/b] Odysseus joked and grabbed his gear.

Carlos did the same and the two men set out into the black horizon. It was quiet, other than the occasional smacks coming from inside Lorn's tent. No creature stirred. The ebony sky twinkled in innocence of what commotion erupted below it. Carlos began to sing a few Spanish songs, his voice flowed flawlessly into the windless night. Odysseus closed his eyes briefly, absorbing the mellow atmosphere; the cool night, now struggling against the winds, a refreshing scent, Carlos's song.

[b]"Hello, Odysseus?"[/b]

[b]"Huh?"[/b] Odysseus blinked and nearly tripped over.

[b]"Did you just fall asleep walking?"[/b] Carlos laughed.

[b]"Yeah, I think I did. Were you trying to ask me something?"

"Yup, how far off are we? We've been walking for at least an hour,"[/b] Carlos lit a cigarette.

[b]"Dude, let me bum one,"[/b] Odysseus reached over.

[b]"No, you said you needed to quit. And answer my question, biatch,"[/b] Carlos puffed, the cherry of the cigarette glew, lighting the Spanish man's stern face.

[b]"A.sswipe. And to answer your damned question, we have about another hour,"[/b] Odysseus looked at the map, his zippo lighter the only flashlight.

[b]"Be careful, man."

"I will,"[/b] Odysseus whined and held out the compass.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Arial]
Carlos savored in the coolness of the night, slowly inhaling the smoke from his cigarette before dropping the hand to the side and looking over Odysessus' compass exhaling the smoke at the same time.

"You ain't getting us lost there are you map man?" Carlos said jokingly as inhaled the cigarette once more the end of it burning a brilliant yellowh- orange clolr.

"Of course not, but don't worry I'm not like most men, I'll ask for directions." Odyssesus snarled back snapping the compass close and moving in the same direction.

Carlos seeing that Odyssesus was still a lil up tight about earlier finally handed Ody one of his cigarettes.

"This is the only one you get, and don't let your woman here about it either."

Odyssesus took it and quickly lit it up. His relief coming across him as the two of them wlked under the slowly darkening sky.

"And man don't sweat it.."

"What are you talking about Carlos," Odysessus said exhaling the smoke and looking at Carlos.

"With Alex," he stared. " I mean I can't believe he flat out killed those people like that." He inhaled his cigarette once more and began to speak as he exhaled the smoke. "He's just lucky you're the one who got on his as.s I would've likely killed the sick fuc.k"

Carlos said it easily, not blinking or chaning his thoughts.

"Well then I'm luckily I kicked his butt before you then too," Odyssesus said.

"Why's that?"

"Cause I would not have been able to kick his as.s if you would've gotten your hands on him."

Carlos laughed with that comment and shook his head.

"That's a very true fact," Carlos continued laughing. "Just next time lemme get in one good kick. After that I promise not to kill him."
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][i]Consunse's nose twitched, and she, still walking behind them, raised her voice just loud enough to register in their ears. Low and gentle, but far different from both wind and other noises of the night.[/i]

"Be they cloves or plain cancer sticks, get rid of them right now."

"Watch-bitch."

"Damn straight. Lit cigarettes can be seen for miles. And if Alex killed the right sort of people, the rest of their tribe will be out watching for us. Did that ever cross your mind?"

"Ah we can handle them."

"They'll want to kill us."

[i]Odysseus raised his cigarette and was about to extinguish it when Consunse caught it between her fingers, took a drag, then stubbed it out on his back. Carlos extinquished his like a naughty schoolboy caught in the act and continued walking. She snorted, breathing out smoke at the same time.[/i]

"You little-"

"Ah ah, temper temper Odysseus."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Arial] The three of them kept moving in the night. Many stars shining over head with a half moon beginning to rise. Carlos lloked up ocassionally and noticed how different the sky looked.

He took out about to lite it when he just stuck it behind his ear. Remembering Consunse's words from a bit earlier

"You ever take the time to look at the stars?" He sighed out asquickly as both Ody and Consunse looked at him.

"Where the hel.l did that come from?" Odyssesus asked.

"Damn a man can't be methodical and shi.t! Want one?" He offered both Odyssesus and Consunse a cigarette both of them taking oneand hiding it somewhere as he continued to talk. " I mean its just everywhere I seem to go it makes me feel like Im not home, I mean on the same planet."

" It's the drink talking," Odyssesus commented.

"It is not!" Carlos interjected defending himself. Hearing both Consunse and Ody laugh at him. He took up QA'a mode of conversation and stuck him middle finger up at both of them still continuing his talk.

"But for real, I mean I been all over the world, but when Im not where I grew up, it don't feel right."

The other two were quiet for a moment. Both seemed to be silently agreeing with his comment. Their eyes glancing up at the sky as well.

"About how much farther Odysessus?" Consunse asked breaking the silence.

"Not too much further," he replied. [/FONT][/COLOR]