OtakuBoards

manga suggestions

vash-san

hey guys im new to this whole anime thing and i was just wondering what u guys suggest in terms of "good" series. i seem to enjoy those kinds of action/romantic/comedy series. I've read rurouni kenshin (entire series) inuyasha(1-26) and fushigi yuugi (1-10).Plez help me!!! :D

u could try trigun...but that's not realli romance...but it has lots of action(a bit violent) it depend on whether u like reading them a together or some combined, excluding another...u know, romance/ action, action/comedy, comedy/romance...i think u get it^^ good luck searching!

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][color=deeppink] Well, are you looking for manga, or anime? The two, while irrevocably intertwined, are both very different as well. As far as manga, I'm pretty new to the genre myself, but I can definitely suggest [i]Marmalade Boy[/i] or [i]Kill Me Kiss Me[/i] for romantic comedies.

As far as anime...if you're going for serious, Cowboy Bebop is an excellent place to start. If you want a romantic comedy, go for Fruits Basket. And if you want something that's just totally out there...Fooly Cooly is the way to go.

[color=darkblue]vash-san and DevelishAngel, I suggest that the both of you work a little harder on putting more effort into your posts. Those were more than a little horrible.

In terms of good series to read, I would suggest to either start out with Rave Master (available from Tokyopop) or Ranma 1/2 (available from Viz Communications). They're both easy on the eyes text and art wise, and heavy on comedy. Ranma 1/2 also focuses on romance, if only in an off-hand way.

I haven't really read any romantic series, but Kare Kano and Kodocha: Sana's Stage may be a route to go down. They're both great series from two great shoujo mangaka. Definately worth a look. ^^[/color]

Chobits is a romantic comedy, I guess. It involves a robotic person called a persocom named Chi and human guy name Hideki. He finds her in the trash and takes her home. She seems all confused and stuff and has to learn about everything from Hideki. But Hideki is a little angry because he's broke and doesn't want to buy software for Chi. But he still loves her(as a friend I guess). Although she's a robot and could never really be with Hideki, she falls in love with him. So the story goes on and I think Hideki is the one spoofed on the most so its really funny, but has some adult content in it, so its for 13 and up.
Anyways for romantic comedies I suggest Chobits! ^-~ C-ya!

[font=Courier New][size=2][color=royalblue]Hey there. I have a some good ideas that you might want to start with. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1]1. Cowboy Bebop: This anime is one of my faverits[/color][/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1].[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1]2. Trigun: This is also another of my faverits.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1]3. Tenchi Muyo: This anime you'll have to buy. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1]All of this are action/romantic/comedys.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1]In fact the Tenchi Muyo is what got me hooked.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Courier New][size=2][color=#4169e1]Well see you around.:) [/color][/size][/font]

I would really highly suggest Love Hina, its the best series I've ever read and its really funny. It is also really easy to read through fast if u dont like real complicated books like me. If you do read it I guarantee you will think it is the best to.

Guest Takahashi Fan
I would recomend any of Rumiko Takahashi's Manga. Some are Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Lum*Urusei Yatsura, Rumic Theater/Rumic World Trilogy, and The Mermaid Saga. (It was my favorite of Takahashi's Manga besides InuYasha of course, but it's not romance or comedy).
I would also recomend Yu Yu Hakusho.
:stupid:

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking for an action/comedy, you should try out Naruto. It has plenty of action, and the character arguments can be hiarious. Look for it in Viz's Shonen Jump.

Ranma 1/2 is cool, too. Its got a strange plotline, but if your looking for something intresting and fairly easy to read, look for it at your library (thats where I got mine :p ) I think this is published by Viz, too.

Oh/Ah! My Goddess is kinda romantic. There is some very neat characters and character developements in this series. I think this one is a Tokyopop publication.

Nonetheless, these are some good series I've read.

Well, in no particular order, i would have to say:
~Azumanga Daioh. This is my favorite manga out there. period. very good humour manga
~Demon Diary. I have only read the first manwha in the series, but it has very good potential. Good action manwha, some humour.
~Cowboy Bebop. One of my favorite mangas. Based on the popular TV series, has good action and lots o humour.
~Samurai Deeper Kyo. Again, another series that i have only read one manga. Has lots of action and some humour. One of my favorites again.
~Love Hina. The second funniest manga i have read (next to Azumanga Daioh.) Must pick up.

Hopefully that list helps ya. Those are all that i can think of now. If i happpen across some more i will update the list.

• 3 weeks later...
Love Hina is a great manga! Great comedy! X is a very good apocalyptical (did I mispell it?) manga and Mars very good drama.

When it come to series you shoul definitelly watch Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, Kare Kano for short; Chobits and FLCL.

Even though they do not fit completely in the categories you mentioned you should definetly watch Noir and the gerat classic Cowboy bebop.