OtakuBoards

Who do you belive are the ten greatest wrestlers of all time

PWNED

This topic has been talked about at my school for quite a long time at my school and now I belive it should be placed on the internet. Who do you belive are the ten greatest wrestlers of all time?
(Give reasons for what you belive)

I myself have created a list of who I belive are my top ten and here they are

1) The Rock- Whats to say, The peoples champion is one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time and has a great personality.

2) Bret "The Hitman" Hart- The greatest techincal wrestler ever in my books and has taken part in one of the greatest wrestlemania matches ever.

3) The Undertaker- The only wrestler to have won every Wrestlemania he has ever taken part in although it is a pity that he has only won one Hell in a Cell.

4) Hulk Hogan- Can you not belive that Hulkmania isn't higher up? Its because i haven't seen enough of his bouts to rate him higher.

5) The British Bulldog- The brithish bulldog is one of my personle favourites because I like his style of wrestling.

6) Mankind/ Dude Love/ Cactus Jack/ Mick Foley: The one and only Hardcore Legend is another personal favourite because he is quite humourus at times.

7) HHH: As much as I hate to admit it, I have to put Triple H as 7th because he is also a fairly decorated wrestler.

8) Ric Flair: Another one I cannot belive I am putting down, But he won the WWWF championship 16 times and is still quite dominating i ntodays wrestling.

9) Shawn "HBK" Micheals: I am not to fond of Shawn Micheals so I have to put him down fairly low, Even though he is a legend of wrestling.

10) Chris Jericho: Y2J is my final pick because he was the first ever Undisputed champion of the world. He can entertain the crowds in two ways, with the Highlight reel and his technical wrestling.

This is my top ten so please post and make an intelligent conversation.

This is also a question ive always pondered to myself. Their are always to many answers like you could say it was Hogan who was the greatest cause he put wrestling were it is today. Also you could say it was Ric Flair who proably is the best in retrospect because he has been a world champ 16 times or how about Shawn Michaels who is my favourite and in my opion the greatest worker and preformer of all time. Or you could say the rock, foley, stone cold, triple H, the undertaker .......

Any way my ten greatest wrestlers are:

1. Shawn Michaels. He in my opion is the best. I think michaels has just the greatest persona, he can adapt to any wrestling style and i belive his mic work can only be beaten by the rock. I remeber the first time i saw michaels and i was amazed at how smoothly he flows and his aura just captured me.

2. Ric Falir. Flair is just incredble. Back in the day he was the best. His promos, ring style and porsona were icredible. He is truely a living legend. 16 times world champ. You can say whatever you want about ric but he was incredible. Wooooooooooo!

3. Stone Cold. What ever anybody says about steve from the first day i saw him i feel in love ( not literary) with this foul mouth, beer drinking, brawling SOB. He just captired me and everything he did back with vince in my opion is stuff of legends and the best thing eva in wwf history. Yeah i said wwf screw wwe. :flaming:

4. Randy Orton. I know he hasnt reached his full potentail yet but in 5 years time he will be one of the best and be a shoe in for the wwe hall of fame. His mic work, wrestling style and charater have improved unbelievly since he started out as a uncharismatic baby face rookie. Who in their first apperance gets to work with vince? I knew he was bound and is for greater things. The skys the limit for him.

5. John Cena. What a find for the wwe and he is the same story as randy. He also reminds me of the rock cause he started out as a uncharismatic face and then turned into a monster heel and now into one of the most beloved wrestlers at the moment. A real jewel in the wwe crown. The same goes for orton.

6. The rock. Damn the rock is the best at cutting a promo or working the mic ever. His character and persona are just incredible he is another true living legend. His wrestling may not be at the same level as chris benoit or kurt angle but he was the best pro wrestler in terms of character. :therock:

7. Mick Foley. Just a normal man but one of the best eva. This man revolutionized hardcore wrestling and his character(s) were always so god damn entertaining and what other wrestler could keep 4 different personas seperare.

8. The Britsh Bulldog.Man i love old davey boy. He was something for england to be pround of and one hell of a wrestler. God bless his soul.

9. Kurt Angle. What other wrestler could make you desipse him or love him so much? In term of proper wrestling kurt is the best and should of been world champion mor than he has. And he incredible on the mic.

10. Bret Hart. He was the best technical wrestler ever to grace wwf. His mic work is incredible too. My favourite matchs of all time include him such as Bret vs Stonecold and vs michaels. Both wrestlemanias. also my 3rd fav is foley vs michaels.( Mind Games). He was so cool as well with his shades :cool:

I got other like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Rey Mestrio, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Macho Man Randy Savage, Dean Malenko. D Generation-X, Owen Hart, AJ Styles. I got loads but i would be here for a eternaty if i cared on. :eek:

Guest nightwingfan
10 greatest all time:

1) Bret Hart
2) Owen Hart
3) Ric Flair
4) Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
5) Kurt Angle
6) Shawn Micheals
7) Jake "The Snake" Roberts
8) Chris Benoit
9) Mic Foley
10) Atsushi Onita

i'll post my reasons later.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I've never gotten into pro wrestling, but I remember back when the Ultimate Warrior was the coolest wrestler ever (well Hulk Hogan was around too, I think). But I really loved Ultimate Warrior, mostly because of his name I'm thinking. But it could also be his face paint. I guess he was no top 10 though...

Alright, some of these you have heard of some of them you haven't. I added titles to some you may have never heard of

1. Violent J- The JCW (Juggalo Championsh** Wrestling) (Insane Clown Posse)
2. Kain
3. Chris Benoit
4. Tajiri
5. The Undertaker
6. Scotty 2 Hotty
7. Jeff Hardy
8. The Big Show
9. The Dudley Boys
10. Stacy Keibler

This list I have done for my friend at school who doesn't go onto this site.
His list is

1) Shawn Micheals- Scotts favourite wrestler ever is Shawn Micheals so of course he would sy this.

2) Triple H- I don't know why he likes Triple H except for the fact that HHH is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

3) The Undertaker- Pure greatness is what Scott said about Taker( I agree with him)

4) Andre the Giant- I can understand this choice but I don't remember Scotts reason.

5) Randy Orton- The legend killer is soon to be a legend on his own is Scotts reason

6) Ric Flair- Scott has given the same reason as me for this.

7) Bret Hart- As you can tell by his reasoning about Harts technical wrestling ability that this was an obvious choice.

8) The British Bulldog- Davey Boy Smith was an excellent wrestler but somehow didn't get the breaks that the other members of the Hart foundation got, Now that he's dead we see him for how great he was.

9) The Rock- Excellent wrestling ability, great at bringing in crowds and a movie star. If all of this is not enough for you than WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?

10) Junkyard Dog- With the British Bulldog he was a great wrestler but now that he is dead he is recognised for his greatness.

[color=indigo]I always struggle when I write top ten lists because I always feel I have left someone out. I decided to base this list solely on wrestlers that I have watched throughout the years. These are not necessarily my favorite wrestlers but they are the ones that I feel had the greatest impact on wrestling [i]since I have been a fan[/i] (hence no King Kong Bundy or Superstar Billy Graham).

10. Sting- I was going to put Ultimate Warrior in this spot but then I realized Sting probably had a bit more of a lasting impact on the wrestling world. Sting was an all-around wrestler that could and would do everything. His work ethic was great and it seems as though every professional wrestler that stepped into the ring with him enjoyed working with him.

9. Rob Van Dam- Rob Van Dam has absolutely zero ability to cut a promo. However, his in ring ability makes up for any of his oratory slights. No one can do what Rob Van Dam can in the ring. Every one of his signature moves looks like they have to be executed to perfection in order not to seriously injure either wrestlers.

8. Kevin Nash- In my opinion Nash was the best big man in the biz (since I began watching wrestling?Andre was more or less retired by that point). Nash was an excellent character when he was himself, he could cut a promo, he was as good in the ring as any other big man in the WWE, and, most importantly, he was an integral member of both the Clique and NWO.

7. Brett ?The Hitman? Heart- Best damn technical wrestler ever (well not really, Kurt Angle would have kicked his ***). He was so great to watch in the ring because he was so fluid; he made everything seem so easy. He wrestled so many great matches and just brought out the best matches from other wrestlers.

6. Rey Mysterio- Mysterio gives the best in ring performance of anyone ever. His only limits are those set by him competitor. Mysterio has to be the craziest wrestler in the business to attempt some of the stunts he does, but when he nails them, boy! are they spectacular.

5. ?Rowdy? Roddy Piper- When I was little I loved to hate Piper. I remember his character on the WWF cartoon being comparable to Lex Luthor in Super Friends, or Skeletor in He-Man, he always plotted overly complex schemes that the bumbling Hogan would disrupt. Piper was a great wrestler and a fantastic mic man who could piss off an entire crowd during his rants.

4. HBK- Even though he is past his prime and has suffered crippling injuries, Shawn Michaels puts on a better show than just about anyone in the wrestling biz. His promos are always sharp and he always could get the crowd excited, regardless if he was a face or a heel.

3. The Rock- The Rock?s wrestling skill doesn?t warrant him a spot this high on my list. However, he has become such a media icon that I think he will soon eclipse Hogan as number one on my list. No one gets pops like the Rock, no one. Sure, for awhile quite a few fans would chant ?sell out chants?, but now, even though he comes back only to boost ratings, fans go nuts. As corny as it sounds, he does ?electrify? the ring.

2. Ric Flair- Ric Flair is amazing in the ring. He was the ultimate heel-face, no matter how much you hated him, you loved him. He can talk trash then turn in a flash and knock you on your ***. Ric Flair made submission moves cool; I know that my friends and I practiced that move thousands of times in our backyards (just in case you didn?t know, the figure four hurts like hell). Flair may be the most decorated wrestler ever, and if he isn?t, he deserves to be.

1. Hulk Hogan- ?What ?cha gonna do when Hulk-a-mania runs wild on you?? Hogan is pretty much responsible for the celebrity icon status wrestlers receive today. He had an outstanding ring presence and was so charismatic that he was the first Wrestler to truly bridge the wrestling-Hollywood gap and [b]star[/b] in a box office movie. [/color]

I don't really think that I'm enough of an authority on wrestling to write a decent top-ten list, mostly because there are so many wrestlers that I've never seen in my life (most of my wrestling experience is from WWF/E and WCW). So, yeah, I'm just turning this list into who my ten favorite wrestlers are, heh.

10. Sean Waltman - Waltman's better known as The 1-2-3 Kid and X-Pac. He might've become an arrogant prick later on in his career, which is unfortunate because it seemed that transformation came when he injuries hindered his wrestling ability, but there is no denying that when he was healthy, he could really go. He also deserves a lot of respect for being one of the early pioneers (along with other wrestlers on my list, such as Brian Pillman, Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels) to popularize high-spots in mainstream wrestling matches.

9. Ric Flair - It's a testament to how great Flair is that he's remained entertaining throughout his career. As many people have said when describing Flair, he is still amazing when it comes to cutting promos...the crowd eats out of the palm of his hand every time he has a mic in his hands. And, although nowhere near the quality of his glory years, Flair can still have a good match every once in a while; it's his late 80s/early 90s matches with NWA, WWF and WCW that cement his spot among the greats, though.

8. Kurt Angle - It's really unfortunate that neck injuries are threatining to take Angle out of the ring for good, because he's been gold ever since he first came to the WWF. Angle's mic work is top-notch as both a face and heel (though, his heel work is superior) and the quality of match that Angle puts on is consistently fantastic. Angle could probably burst into my room, kick my *** and it'd be a three-star *** kicking, at least. I'd probably have to get some moves in, myself, for it to be any higher :p

7. Chris Jericho - I love Chris Jericho and I think still think he's the best current wrestler of today. Jericho isn't as technically adept as someone like Kurt Angle or Chris Benoit, but he's more than capable of putting on a fantastic match and his mic work is rivaled only by The Rock, in my opinion. I'm hoping on a nice run with the WWE Heavyweight Championship for Y2J before the year is over...

6. Brian Pillman - I was horribly sad when Brian Pillman died, because he was still every bit as talented at the time of his death as he was when he first broke into the business. Like Owen Hart, he combined competent technical wrestling skill with flashy high spots and put on consistently great matches. Also like Owen, Pillman's work as a heel is truly superb. I really enjoyed Pillman's time in WCW with Steve Austin as one half of the Hollywood Blondes and Pillman's Ticking Time Bomb character in the WWF is easily my favorite gimmick. The man was cool, no doubt.

5. Owen Hart - Owen was such a fun wrestler to hate during his early days, heh. He played the whiny heel to perfection and you could tell that he truly enjoyed playing that character with all his heart (pun not intended). Owen always poured his all into matches, which is fantastic because he was an extremely talented wrestler who combined technical superiority (some say his technical talents were equal to or even better than his brother Bret's) with great high flying skill. Owen always put on an exciting, entertaining match that was fun to watch.

4. Mick Foley - You can't not love Mick Foley. It's impossible; I'm expecting science to prove this fact once and for all someday. Foley's mic skills, like Ric Flair's, have been consistently amazing throughout his wrestling tenure - many of Mick Foley's promos should be required viewing for anyone who wants to get into the wrestling business. Also, Foley is just damned daring in the ring; I'm still trying to figure out just how the hell he lived through all of the insane bumps that he's taken over the years.

3. Bret Hart - Bret's mic skills (until his heel turn, that is) left something to be desired, but his wrestling skill more than made up for that (very) slight shortcoming. Bret's technical skill is unmatched by just about anyone and it's undeniable that he had a big impact on wrestling going mainstream (not as much as someone like Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin, but only a notch or so below).

2. Steve Austin - I've been a big fan of Steve Austin for a long time (ever since his days as Stunning Steve Austin in WCW). One of the few heels that I actually cheered for when I was a little kid watching wrestling (I was actually mad when he lost the U.S. Championship to Ricky Steamboat lol). He will always be remembered for his days as Stone Cold Steve Austin, however, because of the [i]massive[/i] impact he had on wrestling. His mature promos took wrestling to the next level, and the best part is that he put on amazing matches to go along with this.

1. Shawn Michaels - Yes, he was an arrogant little bastard backstage during the better part of his career, but there's no denying Shawn's skill in the ring. When you compare Shawn to anyone else, to me, it seems like he'll come out on top each time. The combination of his technical wrestling skill, his ability to tell a story with his matches, his mic skills, his high flying skills, his willingness to take sick bumps to entertain the fans and his amazing run in the mid to late 90s makes Shawn Michaels my favorite wrestler of all time. Period.

1- The Rock, he is one of most rememberable wrestlers today and has gotten many other wrestlers careers started.

2- Stone Cold Steve Austin, What's to say,he is the toughest wrestler in the entire business.

3- Bret Hart, the only man who can really teach Chris Benoit something new.

4- Chris Benoit, this man has accomplished everything from beating the Big Show to winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

5- Triple H, even though is a cheater he still has accomplished many things in his career and surprised us all after coming back from a ripped hamstring.

6- Shawn Michaels, also has achieved everything in his career, started a great group called Degeneration X, and is destined to hold the Championship once again.

7- John Cena, a shadow for awhile but uplifted to the top by defeating the Big Show and becoming the new U.S. Champion. Also has guts for sticking toe to toe with the Undertaker.

8- Undertaker, no one can beat the man even with cheating. The only man who can get up and walk away from a Cage match without visiting the hospital.

9-have to continue later.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Humaru]1- The Rock, he is one of most rememberable wrestlers today and has gotten many other wrestlers careers started.

2- Stone Cold Steve Austin, What's to say,he is the toughest wrestler in the entire business.

3- Bret Hart, the only man who can really teach Chris Benoit something new.

4- Chris Benoit, this man has accomplished everything from beating the Big Show to winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

5- Triple H, even though is a cheater he still has accomplished many things in his career and surprised us all after coming back from a ripped hamstring.

6- Shawn Michaels, also has achieved everything in his career, started a great group called Degeneration X, and is destined to hold the Championship once again.

7- John Cena, a shadow for awhile but uplifted to the top by defeating the Big Show and becoming the new U.S. Champion. Also has guts for sticking toe to toe with the Undertaker.

8- Undertaker, no one can beat the man even with cheating. The only man who can get up and walk away from a Cage match without visiting the hospital.

9-Edge, this young superstar is a 17 tag team champion and is a vital part to bringing down Evolution to its knees.

10-Owen Hart,son and brother of two great superstars and as seen at the PPV will put his life on the line for his job. May his great soul rest in piece.

Okay, I don't have 10 fav. so I'll just post those I do have. BTW: I haven't watched latly, but I do own the wrestlemainia book that has all of 'em trought the ages. MY LIST IS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER!

1.) The Rock: Not only does he posses "The Peoples Elbow" he has great skill.
2.) Litia: Damn. SHe shows power for us girls every where!
3.) Andre the Giant: If I must elaborate, you must get a brain.
4.) The Undertaker: He just has so many reasons, but mainly, I like his attitude twoards others. And I've seen him live in Springfeid, Illinois. *insirt evil laugh here*