OtakuBoards

I was almost kidnaped!

JuliasPeach

[quote name='Charles']Why would they believe him when he can't even convince many of you that he's telling the truth? If he and his friends go to the police with this story, without any kind of physical descriptions--I don't think there will be much of a point.[/quote]

This is true. But then again, there are some police out there that will help anyways. One reason not to go to the authorities is because this is all made up and to tell the police about a made up kidnapping isn't the best idea (and can land you in a lot of trouble). I'm not saying this is so, but it's an option.

Guest lavalamp
Some of you really need to step back off of the trendy cynical platform and step foot into reality.

Kidnapping attempts aren't rare.

Kidnappings don't always take place at 12:00 AM in the middle of nowhere.

I'd like to know how he qualifies as "giddy" by posting a topic about it. I must've missed the part about defensive/confused remarks in the definition.

I think it's safe to assume that none of you have been in a similar situation. How egotistical some of you are to pass judgement immediately purely on those grounds. Life isn't some low budget Lifetime movie.

"Kidnappings are too serious to just fart away like you are, even attempted and failed ones."

You're a rabbit. Because after an experience like that, one always knows exactly the course of action to take. There is never any doubt whatsoever. This is why there are no criminals not being held for their crimes. The way people act in scenarios like the one mentioned has nothing to do with their intelligence. The fact that you would assume it did definitely is a reflection of yours, though.

Hey, now, mate, no need to start saying rash things. That little line you quoted me from was actually siding with Peach and stating that it was possible he actually did have that situation. And I'm not saying Peach is a fool for not going to the authorities, but it would be wise to get someone to help this before it happens again (but obviously probably won't in his case since this didn't seem all that serious, as Peach put it). I happened to have a close friend who has actually [i]been[/i] kidnapped, which is more than we can say for poor Peach. They told me all about it and they definately felt that it was good that the authorities found out. So, please, Lamp, don't judge me like that.

But then again, as you said, we all take our different coarses of action.

This thread should probably end, I think :)

[quote name='lava lamp']You're stupid. [/quote]
[color=#707875]Watch the insults.

If you guys want to continue discussing this, that's fine...but if you can't be civil to one another, you won't be permitted to post here.[/color]

[quote name='Charles']If he and his friends go to the police with this story, without any kind of physical descriptions--I don't think there will be much of a point.[/quote]

What if this happens several times? What if there are several attempted kidnappings, and nobody speaks up? I think it would be better to let the police know that there is an inept kidnapper running around than to leave them without anything.

I mean, what if someone did go to the police about it? Numerous reports, however unfounded they may be, are more weighty than just one.