OtakuBoards

I was almost kidnaped!

JuliasPeach

[COLOR=DarkOrange]OMG! today, which is canada day. I almost got kidnaped! it was so scary! I was standing around with some of my friends and some guys came up to me and grabbed me by the neck and said that i shouldn't make a noise or i'd get hurt. So i was trying to make noises at my friends but they sorta thought i knew the person because of how he was holding me. So then he started to drag me away and my friends were confused. the kidnaper was choaking me and led me out of the market (thats where i was) and my friends came dashing after me because they knew something was up. So the person dragged me out side and his friend was just infront of us and they stopped and said i was getting kicked out of the market and that i was doing drugs (which i soooo wouldnt) and then started to yell at me. I was so freaked out. Then they dragged me on some more and then my friends came out side and i dashed away from the person who let go of me for a second. then my friends were so worried and felt for me. but i was so scared. I coulkd of been murdered or something. what a way to spend Canada Day.

Can you believe that happend? You always think that bad stuff like that will never happen to you.... but it might and probably will one time or another. that really freaked me out![/COLOR]

well i didnt want to report any body. 1 because i'm not very good at descriptions and 2 i didn't want to get in trouble. my mom would have a fit because she was worried that something would happer to me today and almost wouldn let me go out down town. so why would i get in this big police thing? any way not much happened. i and i dont believe no one belives me! why would i lie about some thing like this! :( i thought nice people like you guys would come and cheer me up!

[color=darkred][SIZE=1][font=verdana]I am so happy that nothing happened. I don't have any reason not to believe you, so of course, I take it as your word. . that's besides the point though. I am happy that you are ok, though, perhaps a bit shaken up at the moment.

No need to get upset at anyone for not believing you. People have a natural defense to well, not believe what people say, especially if it's something that doesn't happen to them everyday. . Don't worry about what other people think. You know what happened. . [/SIZE][/color][/font]

[QUOTE=NorykoAngelcry][color=darkred][size=1][font=verdana]I am so happy that nothing happened. I don't have any reason not to believe you, so of course, I take it as your word. . that's besides the point though. I am happy that you are ok, though, perhaps a bit shaken up at the moment.

No need to get upset at anyone for not believing you. People have a natural defense to well, not believe what people say, especially if it's something that doesn't happen to them everyday. . Don't worry about what other people think. You know what happened. . [/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
That's right, it doesn't matter what I think. But you have to keep in mind that those of us who don't believe Peach's story also have good reasons for not believing his. One, this is the internet. Most people's personas aren't what they are in real life, therefor they do not do things they'd normally do. Such as lying. There's a fifty/fifty chance he's either lying or telling the truth.

Two, we don't know him. No one on this forum can honestly say they know him, unless of course they know you in real life. Referring to my comment about personas, no one truly knows anyone unless they know them in real life, or have been around them for more than a year. It's unwise to believe everything you're told.

EDIT: We're not mean just because we don't believe you, Peach. We just know what we believe and don't. Doesn't make us bad people in any way, shape, or form.

[QUOTE=Leh]That's right, it doesn't matter what I think. But you have to keep in mind that those of us who don't believe Peach's story also have good reasons for not believing her. One, this is the internet. Most people's personas aren't what they are in real life, therefor they do not do things they'd normally do. Such as lying. There's a fifty/fifty chance she's either lying or telling the truth.

Two, we don't know her. No one on this forum can honestly say they know her, unless of course they know you in real life. Referring to my comment about personas, no one truly knows anyone unless they know them in real life, or have been around them for more than a year. It's inadequate to believe everything you're told.[/QUOTE]

yes ok so you have a good reason not to belive me but i swear its true. also i would like to say that i'm not a girl. you kept refering to me as a girl. well i'm not! sorry for the mix up there! and i like to try to be myself any where computer or not! so you can belive me if you want but i always be myself here at otaku.

[quote name='JuliasPeach']... any way not much happened.[/quote][size=1]I hate to continuously sound like a jerk, but if "not much happened" then why are you so shaken up about it? If "not much happened" then what was the significance really of creating this topic, and posting about it in your myOtaku?

If it sounded believable, then I would believe it. I am not saying it is a rare case that a person will be kidnapped, but the situations surrounding your story are really weak.

You have my sympathies if it really did happen, but I choose to believe it did not. Do not waste your time trying to convince me, though. I do not think any less of you if you [i]are[/i] making this up, nor am I meaning to harshly accuse you of doing so. I am simply dismissing the idea of it.

And there are an array of reasons ... or excuses rather, why someone would make up such a story.[/size]

PiroMunkie took the words out of my mouth. If "not much happened," then it's obviously not a big deal. I can't say I believe you, but I can't call you a liar, nonetheless, so I have no clue if this is true.

But it did happen in the market where dozens of people are everyday and you'd think someone would do something. Plus, this isn't something you should let go, man. =/

Guest Chris
stuff like that happened all the time in new york. just be glad they didn't pull a gun on you and gang bang you right there.

as for wether or not you're lieing, i don't care. it doesn't effect me at all either way.

[quote name='Leh']EDIT: We're not mean just because we don't believe you, Peach. We just know what we believe and don't. Doesn't make us bad people in any way, shape, or form.[/quote]

[color=#9933ff]No, it simply makes people who don't believe, very apathetic. (which isn't a bad thing some times. I'm just stating it.) =P

I'm really surprised, though, at the lack of people who wouldn't believe him. You do know that crimes are sometimes not reported because people are afraid of not being taken seriously, don't you? And not only rape, I've read about other cases, but none come to mind.

But I do believe you, Julias. I don't think you have a reason to lie for attention (and if I [b]was[/b] skeptical, who care?) I do hope you're okay. Be careful next time, won't you!

Oh, and happy Canada day (not that it seemed very happy. :/).[/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff']No, it simply makes people who don't believe, very apathetic. (which isn't a bad thing some times. I'm just stating it.) =P[/color][/quote][size=1]If we were apathetic, we would not have bothered posting, heh. It is just simple skepticism. Claims like this should be [i]assumed[/i] true, but believed as fact or fiction later.

Frankly, all signs point to "no." Either that, or the person who tried to kindnap him was an extreme amateur, his friends are idiots (no offense, but you think one would recognize someone struggling to break free from another and being dragged off), as is everyone would have been around the point of the kidnap.

As I said though, I [i]assume[/i] Julias is telling the truth. He seems a little too innocent and naive (not in a bad way) to have any excuse to lie. Perhaps something relative may have happened, but his story is what I do not believe.[/size][quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff']I'm really surprised, though, at the lack of people who wouldn't believe him. You do know that crimes are sometimes not reported because people are afraid of not being taken seriously, don't you? And not only rape, I've read about other cases, but none come to mind.[/color][/quote][size=1]I acknowledge this, and because of said situations I was rather appalled he said he did not tell his mother or other parental unit, or even inform the police. It is their job to take these happenings into consideration seriously, despite any lack of evidence. So perhaps next year they can increase security around that area next Canada Day, or whatever they might do.

He said his mother did not want him to go downtown because she was afraid something would happen. It is a lesson learned the hard way, really. If he were smart, he [i]would[/i] tell his mom or dad, and have them let the police at least [i]know[/i] about it.[/size]

Let me go over this senario one more time...

You were almost kidnapped, from what seems to be a public place, in front of your friends, and forcefully too. Those usually aren't the way kidnappings are done. Esspecially with someone your age. Usually these would be done somewhere less conspicuous, perhaps an alleyway, woods, etc. Certainly not infront of a large group of friends. Kidnappings usually take place when the persona is alone, or with one other person. And who's gonna forcefully take you in an open public place surrounded by your friends?

On top of that, you don't want to get into trouble if you tell the authorities? HELLO! Someone just tried to kidnap you, how are you gonna get in trouble? Also, kidnappings usually are kinda traumatic, and people tend to remember traumatic experiences. If it really happened, you'd see that person's face in your mind every day or every week of every year. How are you not gonna take the time to look at their face/body and how are you not gonna remember it?

It's pretty obvious that you're lying. If I was on a jury and I heard this case, I'd assume you were lying. And if you're not lying, the kidnapper and you are both idiots; you for not reporting it and the kidnapper for trying it.

ok, so now most of you dont believe me and that probably becuase i'm not that good at righting. but that was what happened. thogh alot of you say that it wouldnt happen in such a busy place, well the market [I]was[/I] closing, it was about 8 when it happened. this was also in like a corner, near the entrace and every was leaving. and my frienads were not [I]exactly[/I] with me. at the time about 2 feet away. the people that tried to take me probably thought i was alone. and also, the more i think about what some one here said, that if only that much happened and i didnt get bably hurt or anything then i start to think that maybe they were only tring to scare me. well maybe it worked! and when i said not much happedned i mean that i didnt really get hurt nothing was taken or anything. just shaken up.

I agree. Here are your major flaws:
1. People you know don't grab you by the neck and drag you; I'd hope your friends knew that
2.People who nearly got kidnapped aren't as giddy as you.
3.As said before, what kind of dumb**** would try to kidnap someone a-with a group of friends and B-Drag you out of a PUBLIC place without anyone noticing

It is sad that some must resort to lying to get attention, but as I cannot stop you, do what you must.

[QUOTE=Morpheus]I agree. Here are your major flaws:
1. People you know don't grab you by the neck and drag you; I'd hope your friends knew that
2.People who nearly got kidnapped aren't as giddy as you.
3.As said before, what kind of dumb**** would try to kidnap someone a-with a group of friends and B-Drag you out of a PUBLIC place without anyone noticing

It is sad that some must resort to lying to get attention, but as I cannot stop you, do what you must.[/QUOTE]

urg, ok, 1 about the neck thing, it looked like his hand was going on my shoulder. thats what they thought, i asked them! and when i was about out the door they came after me! and whats wrong with being ho i am? so i'm giddy well i'm not really right now am i? and as i said before everyone was leaving and the market was almost empty and my friends did notice and thats why i didn't get hurt or anything! also i do not want attention. that would be a low i would never cross, making up an almost kidnaping just for attetion! the mods can go right ahead an close/delete this right now if they wish. all i wanted was some suport or something. but its nice that you wont belive [I]anything[/I] because that would be prety gulible but this is what happened!

[SIZE=1][B]I believe you. I'm a little giddy sometimes, and even after some really bad past experiences I'm really crazy and annoying in the next few days. One time I thought some weirdo guy trying to push my friend off his bike was just a weirdo friend of my friend, turns out he wasn't. You can't expect your best friends to know these things, because they could be anyone. If I saw my friend being grabbed by the neck, it's likely I'll laugh because the thought of my friend being kidnapped neveer springs to mind.

I'm not bothered if I'm one of the few who believes, but I do. Lieing about this kind of thing is a little strange, and tight to those who really did get kidnapped. And kidnapping someone in a place full of people is a not all that bad, because the people might just think you're that guys child or something, so it makes sense to me.[/SIZE][/B]

[size=1]Well, as I said before, I'm not going to believe you, but I'm also not going to not believe you. These are vague situations so I'm not on anyone's side. But I'm wondering why you'd even bother posting this on a forum of people like us? We can't do anything to help you, support or not. As said before, contact the authorities. This is seriously the best thing to do in this situation. Forget about how your mother will react since this is too vital to let go of.

But I do have to say that part where you asked him about how he held you was kind of silly sounding XD

"Gee, Mr. Kidnapper, how are you holding me while I'm being dragged?"

"Well, ya see, I put my hand here under your left arm, then taking my other arm, I lock on your shoulder here and slowly drag you like so..."

It just sounds like something I'd see on Family Guy, no offense.

Anyways, you're not gonna change the minds of most of the people on here, so I would give up trying and contact the authorities. Kidnappings are too serious to just fart away like you are, even attempted and failed ones.[/size]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior][size=1']Anyways, you're not gonna change the minds of most of the people on here, so I would give up trying and contact the authorities. Kidnappings are too serious to just fart away like you are, even attempted and failed ones.[/size][/quote]

Why would they believe him when he can't even convince many of you that he's telling the truth? If he and his friends go to the police with this story, without any kind of physical descriptions--I don't think there will be much of a point.

Personally, I think someone was pranked on--and his name rhymes with JuliasBeach. That observation is based on his unwillingness to treat this matter seriously and the odd behavior of everyone else involved in the incident.

wether we believe JuliasPeach or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter. Have any of you thought that she might have already gone tot he police about this problem already. She might just want some online friends or random peolpe helping her out with a major problem she had that day (or today). I would say I have to beleive JuliasPeach on her story. Poeple are easily fooled by other poeple's actions, or at least thats what I thing.

~Laters

[QUOTE=Mage15]wether we believe JuliasPeach or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter. Have any of you thought that she might have already gone tot he police about this problem already. She might just want some online friends or random peolpe helping her out with a major problem she had that day (or today). I would say I have to beleive JuliasPeach on her story. Poeple are easily fooled by other poeple's actions, or at least thats what I thing.

~Laters[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if you had actually [B]read through the thread[/B] carefully before lecturing people, you would already know that JuliasPeach is a male who has not taken the problem to the police. These facts were revealed very early on in the discussion. I now demote you to Mage14.