Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I love anime so far, but I admit that I've mostly seen the very mainstream ones. I want to get into more but I don't know which to try. So tell me what you think I should give a try and why.(please)!!!
Posted
Angel Sanctuary... The art work is amazing and it has an awesome storyline.. The dubbing is ok but if you have a dvd get the dvd it is so worth it!! cause is isn't availible subbed on VHS.
Harlock Saga is also pretty good..
Kenshin is a really good series... it appeals to everyone.....
Posted
my recommendations....

3x3 eyes-one of my favourite animes of all time

evangelion-big robots, a cool storyline

the guyver-another cool mecha series, this

kenshin-transtic loves this to bits, so its gotta be good

cowboy bebop-shinji loves this, and from what I hear, its cool

need anymore info, just ask....
Posted
r u kidding?? outlaw star got that boot like 2 months ago, not counting the midnight run. Gundam X is awesome... even tho gundam is pretty mainstream now. I also love Trigun, which ranks up there with Cowboy Bebop, both are awesome animes.
Posted
Non-mainstream ones, eh?

1. Evangelion(Rei is the Best!, [url=http://ayanami.noneto.com/gallery/image/fa/rei099.jpg]Rei looking fine!!!![/url]:naughty: :naughty:
2. Akira
3. Cowboy Bebop

That's all I can think of.:naughty: :naughty:
Posted
I like Dragonball Z/GT, Cowboy Bebop,if it was still on Outlaw Star, and some of the others at the time I can't remember right know when I find the box for it I'll post it.

P.S. Night Stalkers.
Posted
:D I think that I'll start with LOST UNIVERSE & ANGEL SANCTUARY.


As for cowboy bebop, I've been watching it lately, and it's kind of touch and go. I've only liked half of what I saw. The whole shroom thing was pretty funny though!:) But, I've seen all of the outlaw stars, gundam wings, two out of three shadowskills, something called dragonpink(looked alot like porn)and i'm sure there's more but I'm tired and can't think straight.:whoops:
Posted
If you want my list of stuff here it is


Kenshin ( including samarai X )

Evangelion

Dangaizer

Cowboy Bebop

Fushigi Yuugi ( is this whatever you guys call it? )

Gundam X

Revolutionary girl utena ( the movie was just a tad weird. I was confused and well there certain parts of it that were just, but the series is awseom! Utena rocks! )

X 1999 ( I love this, and I love CLAMPs art. )


Things not to watch

Turn a gundam! I watched this one volumn. ONE voulmn, I was falling out of my chair in bordom. sorry, but it got on my nerves, one of the first anime shows I disklike. And I love gundam, but what did they do to it! sorry/
Posted
Kenshin... 'cause there's lots of sword-fighting and it's funny... oh and a good storyline! :)

Hounshin Engi.... 'cause it's funny, good storyline, and the magical items and stuff are real cool!

Love Hina.... 'cuase it's very, very, very funny! Plus the storyline's good too! - you won't like this one if you hate charaterc who are pathetic...
Posted
:therock:

cowboy bebop : cool anomation,story line is cool, in the future

gundam wing :way in the future, awesome mechs, tight storyline

evangalion : one or two words BAD A*S*S

tenchi myuo : if you like comedy,action,a little romance in it

outlaw star : out of this world story line, cool characters, futuristic animation
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heero_Yuy [/i]
[B]

gundam wing :way in the future, awesome mechs, tight storyline

[/B][/QUOTE]

sorry, but I just don't agree, g gundam is way better than that pathetic gundam WING....
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue] I totattly agree with the names thqt the ppl have mentioned but there is one that I haven't checked out that ppl say rox.... AKIRA....if I see it before you ...believe me I will tell you how it trns out...but I bet it rox..also definetly check out Cowboy Bebop, even Blue Seed, Macross (Plus)...whateva you see that appeals to you...[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1]Slayers (Action / Comedy)

Record of Loduss Wars (Dramatic, except for the welcome to loduss island parts)

Cowboy Bepop (Action, Drama)

Ranma 1/2 (Comedy)

These shows are really popular, but none of them are on tv (with the exception of cowboy bepop) You can watch these shows and then claim to your friends who only watch DBZ that you are some sort of anime expert. Everything else I watch is too weird for most people, ever heard of Chibi-Naruku-Chan? Didn't think so...[/SIZE]
Posted
Hmm....Non-mainstream...I know!

Sorcerer Hunters (My personal favorite)

Blue Seed (The one who got me into animé)

Burn Up Excess (Fan-service Heaven. Funny too!)

Those Who Hunt Elves (Great comedy)

The Original Dirty Pair (Another personal favorite!)

Dirty Pair Flash (I've heard good stuff about this one)

Fist of the North Star (Great action series)
Posted
Magic Knight Rayearth is pretty good, kinda girly, but good (gotta love Clamp!) Evangelion is good (only seen 2 eps, but I like it). Gunsmith Cats (I think what I watched this morning was an OAV, but it was really good). Fushigi Yuugi (from what I read, it's good [manga]).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...