Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Since the Olympics are comming soon, I was wondering what some people thought about the subject of drugs and athletes. Example: Marion Jones (sprinter...) has been taking a drug supplied by Balco (a company) and shes not the only one.

I personnally am a bit pissed about the whole thing, I do track-and-field as a sport, I know that for most people it would be a dream to get to the Olympics, but should you risk taking drugs and getting caught and banned for a lifetime and even serve jail time?

When I think of the word athlete, I think about healthy people that are really good in sports, but when they are on drugs, they face many problems: addiction, dependence, heart failure...etc.

So what do you guys think about drugged up athletes?
Posted
Getting a gold medal should be about who trains the most and whose the most skillful. Not the person who shoves the most steroids in them. Also it makes the guys grow breasts.
Posted
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]True Athletes are the ones that love whatever sport they play that they enjoy conditioning themselves to make them stronger and better even though it will be hard because they know it will be worth it. I think people that load up on steroids are just looking for a cheep way out. [/color][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Harry']Also it makes the guys grow breasts.[/quote]

My uncle used to be a pro wrestler and he took steroids for about 10 years. He's 55 years old now but, he looks like he's well over 80. His skin kinda feels like hard plastic(i arm wrestled him a few times and his hand had a weird plastic feel) and yes, he has breasts. Pro athletes must be judeged on what they have trained and how well they compete. I'd much rather watch athletes push themselves without drugs of any kind. Steroids are just quick muscle builders but, they have very nast long term effects. If players were allowed to "juice up", it wouldn't be fair to the clean bodied athletes who spent their lives actually training for an event.
Posted
[size=1]Oh, I'm all for athletes doing whatever they have to do to pump themselves up for the big day.

Winning is everything, after all.

To be truthful, drugged athletes deserve to be thrown out. And you can not really argue otherwise.[/size]
Posted
[quote name='shadowofdeath13][font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]True Athletes are the ones that love whatever sport they play that they enjoy conditioning themselves to make them stronger and better even though it will be hard because they know it will be worth it.[/color'][/font][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Yeah that's it exactly, that is the mark of a true athlete, those who compete because they love their sport not for the glory or the medal but because it's what they love to do.

[quote name='Baron Samedi']To be truthful, drugged athletes deserve to be thrown out. And you can not really argue otherwise.[/quote]

No you couldn't, not when there are other clean athletes who push themselves just as hard because they don't want to be the little ****** who took drugs to improve his/her performance. People who do that are being unrealistic with themselves, trying to be what they're not just so they can win, there's no shame in giving your best and not winning. Then again often it's pressure that drives people onto these drugs to enhance their performance (that sounded slghtly like an add for Viagra) and they feel that have to take these to satisfy thier personal demons. I don't agree with it but if it is that case then they need help.[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...