Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=Red]Can anyone help me? I need J-music.
Now, imagine you liked Orange range, Soul'd Out, Porno Grafitti, The Pillows, Asian kung-fu Generation and Bump of Chicken.
What kinds of music would you download if you liked them?
I don't mind Megumi Hayashibara or Sowelu. Just something that has a really good tune to them (like the ones posted above).[/COLOR]
Posted
I find most japanese singers sound pretty much the same, except for maybe male singers and female singers, i think unless you can fluently speak Japanese you will have trouble telling music apart, i know of two Japanese singers, Ayumi Hamasaki(female) and Mr. Children(male), i'm not quite sure what the things you wrote up there are but those are some Japanese singers should you want to research them some more.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]
Dearest, I need not imagine that I like Porno Graffiti. I've long considered the group a craving since I first had a taste of them in "Melissa". Sadly, I haven't the resources to fund my addiction. I bought the Full Metal Alchemist soundtrack and found (or heard) a glut of songs like "Melissa". L'Arc-en Ciel's "Ready Steady Go" and "Undo"by Cool Joke are but two of them.

I'm thinking you like songs similar to "1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou" of Rurouni Kenshin so how about songs from Pierrot? Glay? The Hong Kong Knife? ZONE?

Hope that helped.

Love and Peace! :love2:

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='xYakux']I find most japanese singers sound pretty much the same, except for maybe male singers and female singers, i think unless you can fluently speak Japanese you will have trouble telling music apart, i know of two Japanese singers, Ayumi Hamasaki(female) and Mr. Children(male), i'm not quite sure what the things you wrote up there are but those are some Japanese singers should you want to research them some more.[/quote]

What does the language they speak have to do with the genre of music they produce?

I think its quite easy to tell the differet between male singer TM Revolution and male group Due le quartz. Or female singer Ayumi Hamasaki and the group move who has a lead female singer.

The language they speak has nothing to do witht he sound they produce... so saying all o them sound alike either means you're ignorant or you've only heard 2 songs. Thats like me saying Ricky Martins and Metallica sound alike if I didn't understand english. Ridiculous.


Try L'arc~en~Ciel, Surface, Penicillin or any of their solo projects (Chisato and Hakue to be more specific) Gackt, Laputa, machine, Siam Shade, and Takui. Thats for your rock tastes. If you want pop, well thats a much bigger list.
Guest strangedrugs
Posted
I dunno if you'd like these people, but some really good bands/singers are:

Miyavi, Gackt, Kana, Malice Mizer, Due'le Quartz, Psycho le Cému, Gazette, Dir en grey, Moi dix Mois, Kagerou, Glay, Luna Sea, Two-Mix, Kagrra,...

yeah... =3

those people are pretty good.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]hmmm i cant think of many j-music bands. ummm try searching for hikaru utada (the lady who did "simple and clean" for Kingdom Hearts) also if you dont already have it, dance dance revolution uses many j pop and international artists for their games, so it wouldnt be out of your way to pick up a soundtrack or two from them. also check on your fave anime and search for their artists on the theme songs (if they are in japanese. [/COLOR]
Posted
You should check out the Boredoms. It's the only Japanese band that I listen to and in my opinion they're quite good. A lot of their stuff sounds like Fantomas. The lead singer was also on the John Zorn album "Naked City".
Guest Evilduck00
Posted
[quote name='xYakux']I find most japanese singers sound pretty much the same, except for maybe male singers and female singers, i think unless you can fluently speak Japanese you will have trouble telling music apart, i know of two Japanese singers, Ayumi Hamasaki(female) and Mr. Children(male), i'm not quite sure what the things you wrote up there are but those are some Japanese singers should you want to research them some more.[/quote]

Yes! I must agree! Only thing is is that Boa is da bomb! xD Ayumi Hamasaki is okay, but still there is Boa. Mr.Children is mad awesome!!!! :p
Guest lavalamp
Posted
BoA is generic. Poor production on 90% of her singles and an obnoxious accent when she speaks Japanese still.

Overrated paradise.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed][Size=1]
A note though: If you're going to listen anything by Boa, "Duvet" is the way to go. It's from the British band Boa, not "Atlantic Princess" Boa. AP Boa can't sing that well in English. XD

You might have heard of "Automatic" (It's automatic, dakishimerareru to...). That's from Utada Hikaru too. "First Love" is a very sweet song. Heard it ruled the Japanese hit charts for months! (it's just a rumor though)

Love and Peace! :love2:

[/Size][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='eternity']"First Love" is a very sweet song. Heard it ruled the Japanese hit charts for months! (it's just a rumor though)[/quote]

Hahahahaha.

I don't know what else to say to that. That's just funny.
Guest lavalamp
Posted
[QUOTE=wrist cutter]Hahahahaha.

I don't know what else to say to that. That's just funny.[/QUOTE]

I know! [i]First Love[/i] is like, so unheard of.

I bet it sold like two units.
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
Are you serious? You've never heard of Hikki's "First Love"?
Ah well. Look it up then.

(Is this spam? Then I've another song for you, noelmvilla: L'Arc-en-Ciel's "Jiyu e no Shotai". Watch the video. And I've to warn you: stay away from the boy band Arashi)

Love and Peace! :love2:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
I don't know what music you like, but here is my list of japanese music I listen to. This is a list of artists that are good, but it's not all. I can't remember them all, lol:

Gackt
Malice Mizer
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Bon Bon Blanco
Satoshi Matsuda
Puffy Ami Yumi
Utada Hikaru
BLOOD
Nana Kitase
The Pillows


I hope this list helps. You can also go [URL=http://www.jpop.com]here[/URL]

:smirk:
Posted
I'm a big fan of Dir en Grey and the pillows. Two different genres, but they are my favorite bands. Diru is more of a fast paced rock, while the pillows are more of indies music.

I would recommend Happy Bivouac or Little Busters for furi kuri fans.
Posted
Well, my favourite Japenese band is probably Flow! becouse they did GO! Fighting Dreamers, which is the opening to Naruto, seasion 4. The Seatbelts and Yoko Kanno, who did Ask DNA, and most of the CB soundtrack, are also incredibly good. Do As Infinity is pretty guso aswell. Ayumi Hamasaki owns aswell.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Don't know why I don't see these things, but oh well.

Here is a short list of bands/artists that I know of that may help in your search that you may want to consider looking up:

Malice Mizer
Moi dix Mois
Gackt
Transtic Nerve
GLAY
L'arc en Ciel
Shiina Ringo
Bonnie Pink
Hyde
Hide
Arai Akino
D'espairs Ray
Dir en grey
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Buck-Tick
Flow
BoA
The Brilliant Green
Miyavi
Due le quartz
Psycho le Cemu
PIERROT
Plastic Tree
Balzac
BLOOD
The Back Horn
Youjeen
The Pillows
Vidoll
Blam Honey
Vizell
Aliene M`ariage
Going Steady
Rice
Orivia
Kagrra
Kagerou

Personally I love D'espairs and Diru. My favorite songs are Reddish by D'espairs- Cage by Diru, and Yume Izuru Chi by Kagrra.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkGreen]You should try Blam Honey! I Love them!

Luna Sea is a kool band! I believe they've been disbanded for some time now! *hmm*

Aikawa Nanase is like the best singer in the world! Wel...she's pretty good!

Check it out! :tasty:[/COLOR]
Guest Midnight Rush
Posted
[QUOTE=Amity]Don't know why I don't see these things, but oh well.

Here is a short list of bands/artists that I know of that may help in your search that you may want to consider looking up:

Malice Mizer
Moi dix Mois
Gackt
Transtic Nerve
GLAY
L'arc en Ciel
Shiina Ringo
Bonnie Pink
Hyde
Hide
Arai Akino
D'espairs Ray
Dir en grey
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Buck-Tick
Flow
BoA
The Brilliant Green
Miyavi
Due le quartz
Psycho le Cemu
PIERROT
Plastic Tree
Balzac
BLOOD
The Back Horn
Youjeen
The Pillows
Vidoll
Blam Honey
Vizell
Aliene M`ariage
Going Steady
Rice
Orivia
Kagrra
Kagerou

Personally I love D'espairs and Diru. My favorite songs are Reddish by D'espairs- Cage by Diru, and Yume Izuru Chi by Kagrra.[/QUOTE]

You are amazing Amity.. the [i]short list[/i]?! Wow...

TO stay on topic, I'd reccomend anything composed by Nobuo Uematsu. He has many kick *** piano pieces
Posted
I think a good japanese band is utada hikaru they made the songs for kingdom hearts and a few final fantasy ones. Im not saying all there music is good because some of them are pretty bad but still best to give them a look in.
Posted
[QUOTE=eternity][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
Are you serious? You've never heard of Hikki's "First Love"?
Ah well. Look it up then.

(Is this spam? Then I've another song for you, noelmvilla: L'Arc-en-Ciel's "Jiyu e no Shotai". Watch the video. And I've to warn you: stay away from the boy band Arashi)

Love and Peace! :love2:
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[b][font=georgia][color=navy][size=2]Utada Hikaru's the best!! download her songs.. really cool!! Hikari/Simple and Clean of Kingdom Hearts rocks!! and most especially, First Love!!! :love:

try BoA too!! they're good!! [/size][/color][/font][/b]
  • 1 year later...
Guest fetusfart18
Posted
does anybody know of any sites where I can find Jrock html music video codes, that I could use on Myspace? I've been looking for Asian Kung-fu Generation and MUCC video codes forever, with no luck...v_v.......
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...