Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
How many of you actually know "right from wrong?" Your parents might say that they've taught you what's right, and wrong. So what are these values? Do they really exist or are they just manifestations of human morals and behavior? I bet that not one of you can easily tell me what right and wrong are.
Posted
Well, that's kind of broad because technically you can cause another creature harm and do a good deed. Anyway, when you steal money you don't cause direct harm to a creature. Isn't that wrong? How about adultry?
Guest Majin Gohan
Posted
In my opinion there is no right or wrong at all. Anything right to you would be wrong for another which cancels out both right and wrong. It's more of a personal matter on what's right or wrong
Posted
what good deed hurts another creature?

stealing is wrong, dur :p even if you dont know who you are stealing from you are still causing harm (economically/emotionally) to the person

adulty is wrong too..

choosing between right and wrong is based on which morals a person has..
Posted
Where stealing is wrong to most, what about steeling money from a rich man to save your baby sister who is dieing of lucemia and you cant afford the medicine? The Rich man doesnt need the moeny, but is it still wrong? or are you just willing to do something wrong?

Its mostly a moral thing that varies from people to people. Although some things everyone can pretty much agree on suchs as Murder.
Posted
i no right frum wrong. theres no real way to define it, its just sumthing that one develops or learns. its mostly judgement rathar than an actual "knowing"
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coolkam007 [/i]
[B]what good deed hurts another creature?[/B][/QUOTE]


Well, the native Americans killed animals to feed and clothe their families. I don't think that that was wrong. They actually worshipped the animals. In fact, if you've ever eaten meat, you'll understand that hurting and killing animals is a way of life.
Posted
.. ¬_¬ ok captain literial.. use MEAT as a creature.. thats a tad bit different then i ment.. but i suppose..

i guess my deffinition kinda contradicts itself a bit.. i cant think of a better one at the moment..

but i'll just stick with Right and Wrong is determined by ones morals
Posted
Yeah, after all animals are here to feed us. Killing animals for the heck of it is wrong. Just like murdering humans.

Everytime an Indian killed an animal, before taking it away he would neel beside it and pray to the gods for it.
Posted
Whatever i think is right is wrong for everyone else.
Posted
[color=crimson][b][size=1]What's wrong is when we do something... and we feel guilty for it... all things u feel guilty for will 99.9% of the time will be wrong things to do...[/color][/b][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Well, that's kind of broad...[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Left is right; right is wrong. Wong, who wrote that has left to the right which is wrong because left is right....:cross::worried::cross: Hmph.....makes sense to me!

If your mother tells you that doing the dishes is right, but at the same time, it's against Bob's religion and offends him......is it right or wrong? Physically, Ethically, or both...? The world may never know.....:drunk:[/COLOR]
Posted
people confuse morals & ethics... morals are a taught set of rules. ethics stem from the conscience. morals do not determine true right & wrong--they are rules somebody made up. ethics are the only things that can really determine right from wrong. like DK said, you have to go w/ your gut to know if you're doing something wrong or not... usually, if you do someting wrong, you will feel it.
Posted
I have a question. Is killing one person right if it will save the lives of many more. Say a terrorist plants a deadly virus in an unsuspecting innocent person who is going to enter a building with a lot of people in it and possibly infect and kill everyone in it. Would it be wrong for a police sniper to kill that person? This is a bad example but it's the only one I can think of, I'm sure you can all form theoratic situations in your mind where you might be pressed to have to kill one man to save the lieves of many. Is that right?

What about risking your life to save another? Is that right? I think it is because risking your life to save another is the most noble, courageous and un-selfish thing a man can do, putting his life at risk to preserve anothers, and I know I would take a bullet for someone if I had to. However some people may see that as wrong.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1][b] I know right from wrong because i was raised that way.... I dont make many mistakes..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1][b] I know right from wrong because i was raised that way.... I dont make many mistakes..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes but you have to think. Is there really a right way to raise a child. The way you were brought up may be wrong in others eyes.
Posted
[SIZE=1]No-one knows what right and wrong are... like all the wars that are goin on... they are wrong... but to the Government and everyone like that, it is right... so very soon the wrong things will become right...[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=blue] Sometimes, I confuse between right and wrong. My parents are very strict, and they never believed that they're wrong, and I was raise in a different world, and my believed is different. I just do what I believed it right, I take responsible and don't hurt other people, and just think of the consequence before I act.

Honestly, I can't really tell what's right or wrong, thing just don't look the way it is. I just observe around for awhile, before I decide. [/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...