OtakuBoards

Most memorable Halloween costume and Halloween experiance

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]I don't think this has any connection with the costume thread. Well, I hope not.

Anyways, for those of us who have a long history of trick-or -treating and dressing up, what is your most memorable Halloween costume? What was it? A witch, a vampire, a devil? Barbie Bride, Cookie Monster Sailor Mercury? The church lady from Saturday night live? Maybe even...a cartoon character? Do tell.

As for Halloween expericance, anything will do. Maybe you did something out of the ordinary. Or maybe you scared small children and took their candy. Or perhaps it was your first time going door to door without mom or dad saying, 'Remember to say thank you!'

As for myself. My most memorable Halloween costume was made by my mom and I still have it. It was back in kindergarten when Rainbow Bright was really popular (the first time around...way way back in the mid 80's) my favorite character was Shy Violet because she wore purple and even had purple hair. So my mom bought a patern for a Rainbow Bright costume and made me a Shy Violet costume. I even had a pair of white plastic sunglasses with the frames popped out just like Shy Violet did. To top it all off, my mom made me a wig out of purple yarn so I had purple hair. I even carried around a purple sprite and my Rainbow Bright pillow case to get candy in. *sigh* I wish I could still fit into that costume it would look so neat.

Most memorable Halloween experiance. That's a toughy. The only one that comes to mind right now is the one where I dressed up as a gypsy and me and this other girl tried to fill up our pillow cases. However, there was wet snow, we had to change our socks three times and after 45 minutes we just gave up. That's why people from Western New York say: You know you're from Western New YOrk when you make your child's halloween costume to fit over a snow suit[/color]

[COLOR=GREEN]Memerable Halloween experience and costume, hum... let me think. Okay, I have one.

My most memerable Halloween experience was about 4 years ago, around the time of the last presidental election. My brother and some of the other guys around my neighborhood (all the kids in my neighborhood are pretty close in age) got the idea to make a sort of haunted house, well it was more like a haunted trail. I lived by a park at the time and the guys sanctioned off a part of it, set up a fog machine and a spooky noises sound track, and some of the boys put on scary masks, ready to pop out and scare people. They got me to let people in a few at a time, but we didn't charge admittion or anything like that. They also had me make a dummy, which they suspended from a tree; they got me to do that because I was the only one smart enough to think of stuffing a body suit and safety pinning a stuffed mask onto the neck.

I also remember from that night, the boys and I getting into an arguement over the presidental cannadets. They also kick over one of the Gore signs, which I chased them down the block for. I then desided to kick one of the Bush signs (I was such a cute little democrat back then).

Well about most memerable costume, I would have to say, the year I dressed up as the pink Power Ranger (yeah, go ahead and laugh). Mind you this was about 10 years age. The neat thing about this was that nearly all the other kids in my nieghborhood also dressed up as a Power Ranger, including my brother, who dressed up like the red ranger. That was a fun year :D [/COLOR]

Dang, I remember when everyone was a power ranger one year. That was funny.

I liked my costume last year. I was... Sailor Mercury! Made the costume myself. I'm being Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi this year, hopefully. Big, pretty kimono....

Never done anything really interesting for Halloween. Hopefully this year will be crazy.

[size=1]My best Halloween costume was the year I went as a vampire. I donned thick white makeup and a pair of custom fitted enamel fangs.

I went around school biting people all day. It was excellent. No one got extremely mad, it was Halloween, but on of my teeth broke off and fell to the ground. Someone stepped on it. Then I was a gimpy vamp.[/size]

[size=1][font=veranda][color=indigo]Oo!

Favorite costume: Well, last year I dressed up as a Slayer(as in Buffy). I had this wicked cool black leather jacket, tight flare legged jean pants, and thick-heeled boots. I looked pretty damn good to tell the truth. I tossed my hair like Faiths, and my mom let me borrow her wooden katana.

Experience: Well, the first goes with the costume. I was getting ready to go to church(in costume; our church does this ever Sunday before Halloween), and the neighbor?s eight year old, Josh, was outside with his uncle. We all said hi, and I asked,? Guess what I am!? Josh looked at me for a minute, and said with a shrug, ?Vampire slayer.? Leave to him to know. And at church, this tiny kid came up and said, ?Your that girl that kills all the bad monsters!? And another was like, ?Are you [I]Buffy[/I]?? In an awed voice it was cool. ^_^

Second best: I was like, five, and was trick-or-treating with my grandparents and brother. I was on my grandfathers shoulders, and we rung the doorbell. The guy opened the door, and he had this creepy werewolf mask on. I screemed, and the guy laughed. He took off the mask and my grandfather told me, ?Its just a costume.? I laugh so hard about that now.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=1]I would try to make this short and sweet, but this is just too funny...

So one year, a group of friends and I go out as Oompa Loompas... And we went all out with these things. We had the green AWESOME hair, the orange faces, the overalls, I mean we were stacked up. We had everything...

So later that night, we see some friends at this house and we decide to go around with them for a while. So we took a rest for a second and then one of my friends, an Oompa Loompa, says "Im going to the next house to get an extra piece so the guy wont know who is going to get two." So he goes to the house and he rings the doorbell...

Next thing I know, he comes running off the guys porch screaming "HOLY **** RUN!!!!!" So I try to stop him and am like "Dude whats wrong" but he just kept running. So I turn around and I see this huge bald guy running after Alex(the friend), and I mean he was HUGE. And he was screaming, what we believe to be swaring, in another language. So we all start to run away and then after he stops chasing us we walked back toward the house, and the guy is sitting on his porch on the lookout talking to himself and screaming in this language... It turns out that he didnt support Halloween.

So were all talking about what happened and Alex says "Maybe he used to be an Oompa Loompa before he became huge and I offended him, I think I should apologize... So he walks back up to the guy and Alex started singing the song again. And then the guy like became bright red and went berserk. He was screaming so loud that I couldnt hear myself talk. Oh man but the look on Alex's face when he starting freaking out was priceless. He was so scared I still to this day believe he pee'd his pants.

But that was definatley my greatest Halloween. And every year we pass his house, and we have the biggest urge to walk up and ring the doorbell...[/size]

[SIZE=1][B]I've had a few, but the best was a few years ago, maybe last year. I went with three of my friends, me with my werewolf mask (the rubber smell doesn't do me any good for a whole night... >.<), black leather-ish clothes and pants and a black cape (I can't remember if I had werewolf gloves at that time). One of my friends was dressed up in a way cool vampire costume, another friend was dressed up as a devil and my other friend... a Laywer, complete with pointy ears he got out of some Star Trek shop. Anyway, we didn't really want any sweets or crummy chocolate, we just wanted the money (I remember one year I made £20!), so we went around a few houses and tried to get more out of the people (it was funny when my Laywer friend was talking about children rights and the guy slammed the door in his face!).

We later got bored and went back to my house, where my mum was complaining about all the kids knocking on the door, so I told her I'd keep them away. I was sat on the bench outside my house while my friends hide nearby, and everytime someone walked in they'd jump out and scare them to death. You wouldn't believe the amount of money and candy they dropped!

That was the best night I'd had, because I couldn't forget my friends Laywer suit...[/SIZE][/B]

My most memorable costume was when I dressed up as an astronaught. My mom made it out of a grey jumpsuit type of thing. She made patches and everything! Though the one part that was bad was the big tank things they have on their backs. She completely forgot about that until a few hours before I went out. So she rolled up some posterboard and stapped that to my back, heh. Really fun. I went around pretending I was floating in space, lol.

Oh man I have one experience that I look back on and love. Back when I still lived in Wisconsin, I was trick or treating with my best friend Kyle. Him and I would always hang out, always. Kind of funny since we became best of friends because I accidently kicked his tooth out. ^_^;; Anywho. In a court across the street from his house, was a family that really got into the whole Halloween thing. They had decorations on the house, objects in their yard everything. So we decide to go there. At the front door there is a coffin with a skeleton hand sticking out. It says "Open if you dare." Naturally we are scared out of our pants. With much deliberation, we decide against opening. What if some horrible deformed body jumped at us?! Which is in fact what would have happened, the father was in there, heh.

So we are walking away quite fast because we were scared, and we pass this big rock in the yard. As we pass it, it suddenly jumps up and screams and chases us. It was the mother as a witch! >_< Man that scared us so much we ran back to his house in record time. When she jumped up, we were just gone. I had never been so scared in my life, nor have I been so scared, lol. :laugh:

I have a few halloween memories that I only remember because of how embaressing they were. As I mentioned before I was never allowed to celebrate because my mom's a Pentecostal Christian, but that never stopped other kids from celebrating and knocking on our door for candy. Usually we'd turn off all the porch and house lights and no kids would come around. One year though my mom decided to hand out mini-bibles and church pamphlets. All my brothers and sisters managed to duck out and find something to do that night, but I being so young and friendless got stuck handing those things out and it was just such a horrible feeling. I was handing out disappointment!! I was amazed nobody egged our house.

My most memorable holloween was not really the costumes which were great but what we did.... We were all actually dressed up as Final Fantasy characters but me being the poor sport I am didn't really... But as I was getting bored I ran up to a few houses ahead and got my candy and said I was looking for my freinds and then left right as my freinds were coming up the walk and they got their candy and asked if the person had seen me...
well Of course the person was all they left like a second ago but they were all we didn'tsee anyone... And the person got all freaked out and came out of he house to check herself... At this point though I ruined it and burst out of the bushes laughing at them all actually making the lady scream and made my freinds chase me down the rest of the block... t wasn't planned but it was so hillarious we planned another one and scared the man half to death... ^_^

*_* This year though I'm gonna dress up really cool! Like maybe Zidane or Amarant from Final Fantasy IX... ^_^ Ok well buh-bye! :D

If anyone has seen Manos: The Hands of Fate (most likely the Myster Science Theater version) then you know of Torgo. I was him for Halloween to scare kids that came to my house after my dad made a maze. I had a brown jacket and gloves on (the gloves due to the cold), a dead branch that fell off a tree for my walking stick, kaiki pants and my dad's old Indiana Jones hat. I burned a cork from a wine bottle and used the ash to make a beard since I coudlnt' grow once because I'd need to grow it for a while and facial hair is against my school's rules.

I was also The Mad Hatter from American McGee's Alice (with Tom Petty aspects from the Don't Come Around Here No More video)

I was also Duke Nukem many years ago when I still trick or treated.

Man, I love Halloween. One of my most memorable costumes, when I was like 7, was a cardboard box robot. Everyone's done this at some point, you know, with the silver and gold paint, the flashing lights, and the tube-y arms... *sigh* good times...

Last year I dressed up as something completely random. I had a big, black robe, a fake axe, one of those one-way hood-masks, and a jester's hat. It was pretty cool.

This year I'm gonna go as VICTOR FROM THE COWBOY BEBOP MOVIE! W00T! And it will be awesome as well...

• 2 months later...
Well the last time I dressed up was a long time ago and I was a Jedi with those cool electronic lightsabers.

For the past several years I have given out candy and scared the crap out of people because I've always had my swords with me. 'cept this past year. I went to a party.

[quote name='otakufan']My most memorable costume was when I dressed as a student from Hogwarts. It pissed me off because some of the girls were giggling and calling me Harry Potter. :flaming:[/quote][color=#4b4b79]And this surprised you? Come on, heh. Some things, you do--you need to be able to handle how people are bound to respond, heh. This goes back to wrist cutter's "Don't go out of your way to get beat up" mantra.

There's absolutely no problem with doing something you love, but if you're in a situation with idiots (and hey--who isn't? I'm jealous!) you need to be prepared to accept some ridicule, heh. You dressed up like a kid from Hogwarts--people are going to think "Harry Potter."

I'm not really sure why someone felt the need to pop this thread up during the Christmas season, but as long as it stays on track, I guess I don't really have a problem with it. Happy holidays, heh.

what's this?
Sara[/color]

the only memorable halloween is this past one. One of my freinds decided to dress up for a girl he knew, so he went as tuxido mask from sailor moon (the girl is, like, totally in love with tuxido mask). So me and two others decide to dress up as well and go to where the girl works. One of the other two decided to dress up as a goth (which is very unusual around here) the other dressed up as a really freaky looking vampire, and as for me I decided to look like a total freak and wear a very, [SIZE=2]very[/SIZE] frilly shirt (think of what was worn in the 1800's about and make them a bit more frilly).The over all affect was that I looked like a gay half-vampire.

Well, I've had many memorable Halloweens. But I think my favorite was this past one. My boyfriend invited me over to his friend's house with all his other guy friends so we could go trick-or-treating together. (Yes, I still trick-or-treat ;) ) It didn't bother me being the only girl there since I get along better with them anyway. But this guy lived in a neighborhood with a bunch of die-hard Catholic families with small children. So of course we decked out our black clothes and went goth. Adorned in black lipstick, studded chokers and Slipknot T-shirts, we headed out to scare the world. I seriously think a few people were genuinely scared of us. It was fun :love: .

Haha, I wish I had a truly funny story to tell.