OtakuBoards

Halo: Covenent Strike (M-for language and strong violence)

Albel the Wicked

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Alright, I decided to start the RPG. This is going to be so cool. I'm not going to have the starting post. I feel that one of you guys should have the glory of the first post. I will post a little later. Good luck to you guys and I hope that this turns out. So, anyone of you guys can start first. Plus, sign ups are NOT closed. Anyone can still sign up. I think we need one more Spartan, but I'm not sure. But there CAN be others who want to be a Marine or even a Covenant if you want.

The training had gone perfectally. Jacks stood admiring himself, he had trained hard for this. He wanted to be just like the Master Chief, he had dreamed of it since word of his adventures on the super weapon Halo had reached Jacks' ears.

"I finally did it, I achieved what I strived so long for and man does it feel good."

"Alert" The voice came over the speaker "Alert, all spartans report to the bridge immediateally" Jacks hurried to the bridge, one thing he realized about Master Chief was he hated people being late.

[U]On the Bridge[/U]

"We have been intercepted by some nasty convenant battleships and are currently being borded. Cortana has the transport parked in the south port. You guys need to help with the evacs." Master Chief quickly briefd his new troops.

"Piece of cake" Jacks said confidentally placing his sniper rifle on his back and loading his shot gun up. "Drinks are on Skyshot when we're finished here" He finished laughing.

The small group of Spartans Master Chief personally trained set out to locate as many Marines as they could before evacuating themselfs.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]"Drinks are on Skyshot when we're finished here" Jacks finished laughing.

Sean, otherwise known as Skyshot, didn't laugh or show any expression for that matter. He merely removed the clip from his battle rifle, examined it for a moment and then shoved the clip back in. He also ran a quick auto-diagnostic of his royal blue Mjolnir armor. The diagnostics showed all systems were operational and then a targeting reticle showed up on his Heads-Up Display as it registered the battle rifle he was holding.

The Master Chief and the other Spartan 'trainees' began to split up to evac all the Marines and Navy personnel. He followed along and then changed to another direction. "Hangar..." he said. His HUD showed acknowledging blinks, meaning that everyone else confirmed Skyshot's first location.

He walked towards the hangar and noticed a small contingent of Marines at the Hangar entrance. A corporal saluted, "Lieutanant! Covenant troops have begun to board the ship through this hangar!"

Sean glanced coldly at them and then pointed to the door switch. "Open...cover fire," Skyshot said. Right when the door opened, Skyshot dashed through the door with incredible speed, due to the augmentations of the Mjolnir armor. Then the Marines unloaded their MA-5Bs at the squad of Elites that just entered the bay. The Elites merely raised their shields and blocked off the assault rifle rounds.

Sean saw that one Covenant Dropship has already entered the hangar and several more were approaching in the distance. He took a frag grenade, pulled the pin, and then threw it right behind the Elite squad. The explosion scattered blue blood and body parts all over as the survivors unloaded their plasma rifles at Skyshot. He dodged the blasts as he aimed carefully at his first target. The Elite's torso and head was covered by its shield but Skyshot fired a round into its leg. The Elite howled in pain as it bent down, giving Skyshot the opening he needed to decap the Elite. He saw Navy personnel and Marines in the hangar trading ineffective fire at the Elite troops.

"All personnel...regroup by me," Skyshot said as he ran to the front of a Pelican dropship, uncomfortable with the fact that he spoke more words today than he usually does in a week. A few humans fell from plasma blasts, but Skyshot was able to cover the rest with his rifle fire, whether it was a gut shot here, a blown off leg here, or an Elite's eye there.

The last of the Elite squad charged forward, roaring as they madly charged at the humans. "Marines...shredder rounds," Sean ordered as he capped another Elite. The Marines changed clips in their assault rifles and fired shredder rounds into the charging Elite, cutting the aliens apart, their shields overwhelmed by the concentrated firepower. But there was no time for celebration as two more Covenant dropships entered the hangars and released more troops. Skyshot noticed the several Covenant troops were types no one has seen before. But he didn't dwell on it as he reloaded his rifle.[/COLOR]

OOC: Er, CJS, you really didn't provide us with any info as to the newer Covenant troops. Will that info be provided or do we just make 'em up as we go along?

Gustav quickly released several rounds of his assault rifle into what looked like a grunt. He didn't care, it was in the way. And it had something he wanted. After a few more bullets shredding through it, he picked up the alien's Needler.

Now he could start cleanup. His hallway was full of lower level Covenant troops, but they carried a lot of ammo. Soon there was a huge spray of brilliant purple needles slinging into anything that moved. Tiny explosions rattled in the Spartan's ears as the last of his rounds flew from the gun.

This brought back memories. His nickname, Vesuvius, had been earned for two reasons. one, a surprise attack from a dormant volcano. Two, no one dared get in his way when he had an automatic weapon. especially if he was bored.

Gustav's com channel clicked on and several bursts of unaudible static caused him to stagger, clutching his head. This was a bad thing, as a hunter walked slowly into the hallway from a side door and charged him. The brief disturbance in his enemy was all it needed.

Gustav smiled to himself. The other Spartans were somewhat ambitious. But he was just a pissed off man with an auto alien weapon that shot exploding rounds. "Now I'm awake." Seconds later, he was unconcious due to a blow to the back of his head.

[COLOR=DimGray]Talon burst into the hangar's second tier, letting off rounds from his pistol at some advancing jackals. Two fell down, a few bullets richocheted off the shield, hitting the walls and adding to the bedlam that had erupted in the hangar. He put away his needler and whipped out a plasma grenade, tossing it on a jackal's head. The jackal screeched and leapt towards him. He dodged, but was knocked over the edge of the side in a blaze of blue plasma.

As he regained a sense of direction and his sight returned, he looked at his armor, blackened by the blast and sprayed with blue jackal blood. He also noticed that there was a crack in the Mjolnar visor. He shook his head and began to get up. There were still a large number of covenant in the hangar.

[B][Damn it, Master Chief, we could really use some help!] [/B]

He whipped out his needler and charged back into the fray. He took down a few grunts with his dual guns, letting off rounds from the pistol as quickly as his fingers would allow. He lacked the precision that the Master Chief had, but then again, he was still relatively new in his training. He looked as a second contingent of elites leapt out of the drop ship. He looked at his pistol. Almost empty. The needler was low, as well. He took out his last grenade and readied it, when he felt the butt of a plasma rifle hit him in the back of the neck. He fell forward onto the steel floor, tossing his grenade at the dropship as he fell unconcious. [/COLOR]

OOC: Alright, since people seem to be a little confused, I guess that I'll have to explain it. The covenant the we are going against, are all the super things. Such as the Super Elite, Super Grunts, and Hunters for now. The super elite and super grunts, are the ones that appear at the end of 'Keyes' and all throughout 'The Maw' for those of you who have played Halo. If you haven't played Halo, the 1: It would probably be best to quit this RPG and 2: get an X-box, buy Halo, and beat the freaking game, so you no what I'm talking about. Plus, I'm going to say in this RPG, that there are radars in the Spartans visors. Alright, on to the post.

IC: Master Chief was fighting his way through wave after wave of Covenant forces. It was a hard workout. His assault rifle only had fifty-one rounds of ammo left and his pistol only had about ten rounds. It was just his luck too. Two hunters had come around the corner. This might be a little hard, but he'd have to pull this off, he didn't want the Autumn to fall again. Master Chief decided to hide in a narrow corridor, so the Hunters wouldn't see him. He waited for the Hunters to pass him by. When they did, he threw two plasma grenades onto both of their backs. The Hunters turned around after they felt it stick to them. "See ya" taunted the Master Chief as he ran. The grenades exploded along with a wave of orange blood. He looked back and saw that the two Hunters were only unconsious from the blast. He'd just have to come back later. As Master Chief ran through the lines of fighting marines and covenant, he was starting to wonder if his trainees had been OK. After running through many corridors, he came unto the room where he was supposed to find Cortona. He looked around and found that there were lots of dead marine bodies and only two grunt bodies. He looked into the control and found that Cortona wasn't there. As he looked, hoping to be lucky enough, that she was among the two grunt bodies. Nothing. His radar showed a lifeform that was near the room. He chased it, following his radar. It was a black elite, that was covered by three of the dark grunts. He got his pistol ready, but relized that he couldn't take all of them out, with as much ammo as he had. He remembered that there was an armory on this ship, so it would be best to stop by there. As he ran through, he saw that most of the covenant were retreating. He couldn't allow this. Master Chief ran as fast as he could. He had finally reached the armory. He was trying to decide of what he should take. He didn't have time so he took a rocket launcher and shotgun, with as much ammo as they could carry. Master Chief went into the hanger, hoping that the black elite was leaving in one of the covenent dropships that had landed in there. He was in the hangar and spotted a lot of covenant loading onto the dropships. It was faint, but in the scope, he saw the black elite. He fired a round of the rocket launcher at the space where he was. Hoping that it would only startle him and look back. After the Chief had shot the rocket, he ran for the ship. The explosian had hit into the ships boarding untit, killing most of the grunts that were trying to board. The black elite had turned around and saw that Master Chief was only withing 10 yards of him. Master Chief fired another round of rocket launcher, so he could get withing striking range. The rocket exploded, keeping the hangar door of the dropship from closing. Now Master Chief got out the shotgun and starting firing like crazy at the elite. After six or seven rounds from the shotgun, the elite had fallen. Master Chief, went in and grabbed Cortona. "Thanks Chief, I thought that they would've had me for sure."
"Just gave me something else to shoot." said Master Chief as he got of the dropship. He was now going to go and help out his trainees.

OOC: I know that I wasn't too descriptve with this, sorry.

Jacks laughed out loud when he saw the Elite drop in his scope. "Like shoot'n fish in a barrel." He said to no-one in particular. Suddenly a voice came through his communicator in his suit. "Can you not take anything seriously" Skyshots voice came through clear as a bell.

"My goal, before this little adventure of ours is over, I will make you crack a smile ya old grump ass" Jacks replied back into it, as he dropped another Elite. "Fish in a barrel" he cracked to himself. Suddenly Jacks heard a growl from behind, and seconds later he was flying through the air. Turning and drawing his shotgun he faced the new foe. A hunter was charging right at him, "Oh hell no you stupid piece of crap" He let off three rounds at the hunter from point blank range. But he was quickly brought to terror as he realized the hunter didn't slow a step.

"AHHHH" Jacks cried as he was yet again launched into the air. "You big mother, try that again" Jacks could see it hesitate at the thought he might have a plan to stop it. [I]duh[/I] he thought to himself as he drew out a plasma gernade. "Catch this moron" He threw his gernade true and it stuck right on the Hunters arm. Jacks began dancing around until he notcied a faint green glow through the smoke. "Uh-Oh" He gulped as he barley dodged the blast, Reloading his shotgun he let loose another three rounds hoping the creature would think it was all he had left.

After taking the three rounds in stride the Hunter began another charge, just as he neared Jacks, Jacks lept to the side and let loose a round straight into the soft, orange tissue in the creatures back, instantly killing it. As he danced on top of the body he radiod Skyshot "Did ya see that? I took the stupid jerk out!" He yelled into the mic. Suddenly he heard another growl from behind and again he was airborne, this time however it sent him over the edge, landing him right beside Skyshot. As he rose to his feet he reloaded his shotgun again "God bless these Spartan suits, now lets kick some tale Blue balls....I mean blue boy"

OCC: Drizzt, Skyshot isn't that talkative and wouldn't give a damn about the competitiveness of others. >.<

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Skyshot ignored the reckless Jacks as he pointed his battle rifle up and capped the Elite that pushed Jacks over. He then turned back toward the next wave of Covenant. He pointed to two dropship pilots, then toward the Pelican, and then thumbed down as if he was pulling a stick's trigger. They nodded and went into the Pelican.

As it was powering up, new Covenant troops trundled into view. The two Covenant were tall and wide, seemingly layered with muscles. They seemed like a familiar class of Covenant, Brutes, but on a whole lot more steroids. They each wielded an oversized plasma rifle and what appeared to be huge energy knuckles. They activated their shields, which were on their shoulders, and then charged at the two Spartan 'trainees.' They also swiped two Marines out of the way. Blood and body parts flew everywhere as the Brutes effortlessly ran through.

Skyshot continuously fired his semi-auto Battle Rifle at the Super Brutes, trying to hit any weak spot that the shields didn't cover. Jacks did the same as he chucked a few grenades at them and unloaded his shotgun. The super Brutes' shields flared as the grenades exploded but their shields still held. Then the Pelican near Skyshot hovered into the air and unleashed its 80 mm rotary cannons at the Brutes. Despite the toughness of the Brutes, their shields were drained down and Skyshot plugged round after round into one's thick head. Jacks took down the other with numerous shotgun shells. But as they looked beyond the dead Brutes, there was still plenty of killing to do....[/COLOR]

Master Sergeant Connor Steele rounded the corner, only to find himself facing a muscle-bound Covenant Elite brandishing an energy sword in one fist. It screeched and threw itself down the corridor at him.
"Oh, hell no!" he exclaimed. He lifted his assault rifle and fired into the Elite's chest. The thing went down in a spray of purplish-blue blood. It hit the floor hard and slid until it was next to Connor's feet.
"That's how its done" he sadi to himself. He reached down and picked up the creature's sword.
"That's definitely what I am talking about!" he said. He carried on down the corridor to the Engine room.
As he entered the dark room, he activated the light on his Mjolnir helmet. The room was suddenly flooded with a bright light. He searched around for survivors. There was blood on the floor, both human and Covenant. Either someone had gone down with a fight, or a wounded Covenant had dragged itself in here and injured a couple of humans. He hoped to God that it was the latter.
He searched into the far corners of the room, his light beaming into them, flooding them with light. A screech echoed around the room, and Connor whirled around, his light dancing across the walls. A Covenant dropped from a high gantry, armed with a plasma rifle. Connor jumped at the beast, his jumping ability greatly increased by the modifications in his armour, and sliced into its neck with his newly-acquired energy sword. It crunched into the cartilage in the thing's neck, and lopped its head off, sending it rolling to the floor. The creature's body hit the ground, bounced, and then was still.
Connor looked for human survivors, and shouted for them, but there were no replies. He left the engine room, disappointed.

Gustav moaned and looked around. The last thing he remembered was a hunter charging straight for him. Then he saw a big smirking face belonging to a grunt. he tried to move his arms, but they were manacled down.

"Aw hell. Not this." he said as the grunt began laughing and slapping him with a plasma pistol. The blows couldn't do anything through his Mjolnir suit, but it was the morale effect. Another Covenant elite walked into the room.

As it leaned in to face him, he heard a small click. The creature had turned on a translator to speak with him. "We've finally got you, nasty human filth." If it had a face, it might have smirked. "What do you plan to do now? Escape? No, you'll have to be a little test subject for our masters."

Gustav groaned. "My ma always told me not to try and kill aliens. She was smart, but wrong." The elite looked a little surprised, if possible, at this. Inside, he grinned. He had always been known for anger outbursts. Letting loose all of his stored rage, he craked the wrists of his mjolnir armor and brought his hands around the monster's neck.

Soon, the little grunt was with his buddy. And more Covenant were spilling through the dropship door. They didn't realize that they were in a small space with a very aggressive, pissed off Spartan.

Steele dashed towards the south port, deperately searching for humans to evacuate. So far he had only found one, and managed to get her to the civilian docking bay without harm.
"Only found one, huh, Steele?" he heard the irritating, smart alec voice of Jacks coming through the commlink in his helmet.
"Shut up, Jacks, I've had it up to here with you!" he shouted back. He heard Jacks groan with the feedback played directly into his ear, a sound which brought a hint of a smile to his lips.
He entered the south port through the main doors, and was faced with the sight of a squad of Elites.
"Oh, bollocks," he groaned exasperatedly. They leapt towards him, swords drawn, and mouths slung with drool. He threw a frag grenade into the port, and dived out of the room as it detonated. The walls of the port were drenched with Covenant blood.
"Eat that!" he cried excitedly. Now all that was left to do was board the transport Cortana had prepared and wait for his fellow Spartans...

OOC: LiuBei013, Jacks isn't being competative, his one goal is to make Jacks smile or something, so he's doing/saying anything to accomplish that, even at the expense of his person.

Jacks stood there listening to Skyshot give orders as he sprayed his battle rifle at the oncoming horde. [I]He's a good leader, but I will make him laugh damnit[/I]
Jacks' hope of the rest of spartans finding survivors slowly went down and down as he heard the agonizing cries for help and the final breaths of a few of the marines from the communicator in his helmet. All of the cries finally through Jacks over the edge, "Die you Ugly bastards" Jacks cried as he began walking forward, loosing shotgun blasts, that many times were taking two or three grunts and elites at a time.

Suddenly fearing he was going to be hit by a round or ten from Skyshots Battle rifle, as he glanced over his shoulder he realized the Royal Blue Spartan was right beside him, he had followed him stride for stride into the mass of Covenant. As the two cut right through the group they finally reached the door, turning as they crossed the thresshold Jacks turned to face the advancing force. "Eat this shiteaters" Sticking a plasma gernade to the nearest Grunt Jacks sent a combonation of punches which sent the grunt sailing straight into the mass of covenant. As he dove through the hallway he turned to where Skyshot was standing. "Now that was cooltastic, wouldn't ya say ya old grump ass?" He laughed as he turned, only to find that Skyshot was already gone. [I]That bastard left me...owell maybe I outta take it easy on him with the trying to make him laugh thing, otherwise he may launch me into space one we're on the ship[/I] .

Coming out into the hangar where the ship waited, Jacks saw Steele standing on the platform of the ship awaiting the rest, but no more spartans could be seen.
Running up the platform Jacks Strapped his shotgun to his back and armed his Sniper Rifle. "Lets see umm get anywhere near this ship." Jacks said to steele as he laid down in the prone position pointing his rifle to the only entrance to the hangar awaiting anything other than a spartan or a human to attempt to enter. He glanced down at his ammo counter, he had picked up a couple rounds on his way to the hangar from a fallen marine and he wa full and ready to go.

"Sergeant Steele, maybe you should open your eyes next time!" barked Master Gunnery Sergeant Moses Wright as he ran up with 8 humans behind him.

"You could have left these people behind.....at least you got one". Just as Gunny Wright says that, he hears the screams of the rescued behind him. What seemed to be a Brute on an Acid Trip was running through the Humans, massacaring (sp?) them as it came closer.

"Oh, Hell, No...". Sergeant Wright trains the sights of his assault rifle on the charging beast, and opens fire. As the bullets meet their target, he throws a Frag behind the brute. 3 Seconds later, a loud 'BANG!' and groans let him know his target is eliminated. Turning around and rushing the humans towards the transport, he continues the relentless assault of words on Steele.

"If I have to save your tail again, you'll be answering to someone higher than me, Sergeant"

OOC: Oh...okay, sorry bout that. Thanks for the clarification, Drizzt. I wish Jacks the best of luck since it ain't gonna be easy. :devil:

IC: [COLOR=Blue]Skyshot left Jacks, knowing he could handle himself. Skyshot unloaded more rounds at Covenant troops to provide cover for evacuating personnel. Then the last two Pelican dropships in Hangar 1 lifted off and blasted out. That left Skyshot and lots of angry Covenant in the hangar.

He pulled back, firing as he did, his kill count steadily rising as his ammo count decreased. He emptied another clip and slapped the last clip into his Battle Rifle and put it in the weapons holder behind his back. He bent down and picked up ammo for his rifle, as well as two SMGs and ammo. He loaded both with satisfying clicks and pulled back as Jackals charged toward him. Jon let loose both SMGs and gunned down several Jackals as he ran down the corridor towards the next hangar, where the Spartans were supposed to assemble and evacuate.

"Jacks, I'm incoming...watch your fire...targets behind me," Jon said and then Jack's indicator on Jon's HUD blinked in acknowledgement. He saw the opening into the hangar and saw Jacks with an S2 sniper rifle aiming at the entrance. Jon ran in and then ran to the side as the Covenant approached the entrance. The Covenant were cut down as rounds flew in and blew off limbs and heads.

Jon waved at Jacks and pointed to the royal blue Longsword fighter near the Pelican. Jon ran backwards towards his custom Longsword and unloaded his SMGs at the entrance. More blue blood gushed out as Covenant continued to fall but there were still plenty to go. Jon jumped into the cockpit and put his weapons in the small storage locker in the back of the cockpit. He then sat down on the seat custom made for the Mjolnir armor and powered up all systems. He closed the cockpit and hovered the fighter. He pointed the nose towards the entrance and armed his 110mm rotary cannons and let loose armor-piercing shells at the Covenant.[/COLOR]

OOC: Whoa, calm thy self Liubei. There is no need for the devil smiley. We don't want any trouble. LOL. Well, here is Master Chief's second post. Enjoy!

Since Master Chief had Cortona, he was ready to help his trainees and the other marines evacuate. After fighting through many covenent fleets, he finally found one of the trainees. It was Talon and he was being carried by a covenent. Master Chief wouldn't allow this. None of his trainees are going down, his trainees were like sons to him. He snuck up behing the elite and when he was close enough, he put the spout of his shotgun to the back of the elite's head. "If I were you, I'd drop him and die like a man. Sorry, what I meant to say, was die like a scum bag elite." but the only thing that this did was anger the elite. As the elite was going to turn around, Master Chief pulled the trigger from the shotgun, which left almost nothing for a head on the elite. Talon, who was still unconsious, was covered with the blue blood of the elite. "I don't think he'll be happy when he wakes up" said Master Chief, as he put Talon over his shoulder and carried him through the Autumn. He tried a transmission to his other trainees. " Spartans! Is there any specific place that you guys are at! I have one who is unconsious and I can't really fight with him on my shoulder."
"*crackle* Cheif? Is that you? We're all at the hangar waiting to evacuate, so if you want you can bring him here." said Jacks as he ended the transmission.
(The hangar? That is a little ways a way, but I might be able to make it. It all depends on how much trouble I run into.) thought the Chief. "Well, since I can't really use this for now, I better find a lighter weapon" said the chief who had dropped his rochet launcher for a plasma rifle. He was just running through, shooting as many covenent as he could with the plasma rifle and using the occasional grenade. After about five waves, he made it too the hangar, with about only three extra marines. He went to the Pelican and dropped off Talon, who was still unconsious. "Chief, looks like you've had quite a fight." said Jacks, as he looked at how exausted the Chief was.
" Yeah, you could say that" said the Chief.
" I think you need to stay here"
" That's only if we've had all the alive marines! I'm not letting anyone get left behind!"
" I don't know about the marines, but we're only missing Gustav, from our division."
"Fine, I'll go and find him and once that we are all together, we're going to give these guys some hell. I'll use the radar to find where he is." said the Master Chief, looking for signs on his radar. He found one little dot. It was close, but it wasn't moving.
"Chief, I've got bad news."
"Now what?!"
"I've detected that the covenent have placed an explosive on the engines. We only have about five minutes until it explodes. Which means, you have three minutes to find Gustav or we won't be able to escape the explosion."
" DAMNIT! They've taken this one down! Alright, I'm going to go and get Gustav, but if we don't make it in the three minutes, I want you all to take off." said Master Cheif as he ran as fast as possible for him. He went to look for Gustav, hoping he would find him, as the clock was ticking.

Steele sat on board the Pelican, clicking his heels and twiddling his thumbs. He was bored. He had disassembled and reassembled his assault rifle four times since he had boarded the ship. And Wright, who was about as far up his own ass as you could get, had given him lip about the civilians that he hadn't found. Steele was royally ticked off.
Finally, he jumped off the ship and ran towards a covenant at the door. He was so bored that he threw down his assault rifle and began taking on a Covenant Elite with his fists. He rained blow after blow on the Elite's face, pounding it to a bloody pulp with his Mjolnir-enhanced strength. He punched an arm, snapping it until it was hanging on by a single tendon. Then he delivered a swift, lethal kick to the face, snapping the Elite's neck with a sickening crack.
"Steele!" he heard a voice shout from the ship. "Get back here right now!" It was Wright. God I hate that guy, thought Steele. He trudged back to the ship, picking up his assault rifle on the way.
"I swear to God if you do anything that stupid again, Steele, I will rip you apart myself and not leave you to the Covenant."
"Screw you!" Steele replied, boarding the ship again...

OOC: Sorry, ran into some trouble that caused me not to be able to post.

IC: Gustav picked up the jackal by its forhead and started slamming it into anything else that moved. Then he felt a huge shock that sent him flying. It was a hunter, probably the same one that attacked him earlier.
If he had been in a sane state of mind, he would have ran. Unfortunately, he wasn't the best person to talk to about anger management. Instead, he stupidly rushed the hunter.
It seemed to be surprised at this development, giving him the edge. Gustav grabbed the alien's head somehow swung over it to its back. He then sent his foot flying as hard as he could through its orange flesh. At the same time, he heard a round of shotgun ring in his ears.
The Master Chief was on the other side of the hunter. "What was that about, trainee?" he asked. Gustav snapped to attention. Feeling foolish he saluted his superior.
"Just, um, clearing the enemy."
The Master Chief didn't look like he believed this. Then again, it was hard to tell. But he sighed and said, "Get moving, officer."

[COLOR=Blue]Jon overheard the Master Chief's current status, but let the others in the Pelican respond. He had to immediately hold his fire as an impatient Steele charged towards the hangar entrance to the Covenant. But Wright managed to call back the angry Steele and as he stormed back into the Pelican, Jon aimed his fighter's HUD reticle over the entrance where a Hunter emerged carrying the ever lethal fuel rod gun. Then Jon pulled the trigger and armor-piercing shells blew the Hunter apart and the fuel rod gun exploded, taking out several other Covenant troops in the process.

WHAM! Jon felt the shockwave that vibrated throughout the ship. He realized it was the Covenant battleship's plasma cannons. "Don't have much time left..." Jon muttered into the com.

He double checked his Longsword's systems as time was running out.[/COLOR]

Talon awoke, dizzy and disoriented. He was laying on the floor, a marine stood beside him, and Chief and Gustav stood across from him. He shook his head and looked at Chief. He had a distinct feeling that he was glaring at him from beneath that visor of his. He got up and shook himself off.
"Awake yet, trainee?" Chief said in a surprisingly easygoing tone.
"...Yeah."
"How are you, sir?" A marine questioned.
"My head hurts like hell, and where's my weapons?" Gustav laughed. Chief tossed him his beloved needler and assault pistol. Still, the place was disturbingly quiet, and they were the only ones left in the room. Another shock wave sundered the ship, causing the marine to lose his balance. Talon surveyed the room, the carnage had subsided, and the room was piled with bodies, both Covenant and human.
"What're we doing, Chief?" There was a bit of a pause, and Talon suspected that Chief himself didn't quite know.
"...Waiting. A pelican will be arriving soon, we don't have a lot of time."
"We actually have approximately one minute and...fifteen seconds." Cortana chimed in. The marine shifted around uncomfortably, his battle rifle shaking in his hands.
"...Gustav, how long was I out?"
"About ten minutes, the Chief found you laying on the floor, unconcious." Talon was slightly shamed, he figured he was beyond being so weak.
"I hate to break this moment up, but we have a Covenant dropship inbounds!" Cortana yelled. Chief lifted his shotgun, and Gustav picked up a Plasma Rifle off of a dead elite. The phantom lifted itself into the hangar, and a group of jackals and elites, led by two brutes, leapt off the ship.
"Damn it! Cortana, how long do we have?" Chief said. Talon leapt forward, opening a spray of needles onto the oncoming hoard.
"We're cutting it close, Chief." A bullet dented against the side of Talon's armor, and he heard the marine mutter something about friendly fire. He paid it no heed, and kept firing. Talon punched a jackal in the face and picked up its plasma pistol, but saw that Chief and Gustav had already gotten on the phantom. Talon turned and picked up the marine, throwing him onto the ship, closely following. The ship lifted off, and they took off from the hangar. Talon laughed as he looked at the puzzled faces of the brutes and elites.
"Yeah! How do you like it?!" Talon yelled out at the remaining covenant. The marine sat on the luminescent floor.
"What'll happen to the pelican that was sent to pick us up?" He said.
"I don't think there even was one sent back." Talon replied, looking at the spectacular explosion of the Pillar of Autumn II, and turned to the controls, where Chief sat.
"Permission to speak freely, sir?" He said, grinning under his cracked visor. Cheif looked at him.
"Granted."
"You have really bad luck with cruisers, don't you?" Gustav and the marine laughed uneasily. Talon was merely trying to lighten the situation, but his mind was on how many marines and even other spartans were left behind on the Pillar...

OOC: Well, I hope that works for you all.

Uh, I take it the Wright you speek of would be Me? Sorry Im so late to the start.

Edie stood half in shock half in dismay and half in confusion...
He shouldered his rifle and began shooting at the Hunter, to little avail.

A sudden shout came over his teams com, "Sir the team has boarded two transports, awaiting you sir."

"I'll be heading out with the Spartans boys."

"Yes sir...What the HELL!? ELITES AND HUNTERS! Fire fire! Pilot get us out of here!"

"DUG!? Dug whats going on!?"

"Sut up just go!"

Edie listened to the chater...he could hear the Pelecans taking off.

"Good luck boys."

"You too sir!"

Jacks stared uneasily at the Pillar of Autumn II as the bombs strapped to the Engines ignited the chain reaction tearing the whole ship apart. Jacks tapped into the radio of a downed Marine that he found lying next to an unconscious elite. He heard the Elite wake to the sound of the Metal scrap rip as the ship came undone, as if sensing their was somebody listening the Elite grunted. "All you humans are going to die...we will slaughter ever single....." The voice abruptly ended as the ships reactor core blew vaporizing everything inside the ship.

There was complete silence in the personel bay of the transport, the ship everybody thought to be invincible was taken with barley any resistance by covenant standings. Jacks stared around the room seeing solem almost frightened stares from some of the marines, and though you could not see their faces, he knew his fellow trainees, as well as master chief were feeling the same. "Well I'd say that was a great victory wouldn't you guys? I mean we had to have taken six or seven hundred of those filthy bastards out, not counting the ones that had to have died in the explosion. I'd say running back with their grunts between their legs." He joked as he glanced around. Everybody was staring at him, but ammusment was deffinateally the last thing on their faces. He had at least hoped for a smile from somebody.

"Skyshot, I know you thought it was funny, the funnier something is, the more serious you get. So damn that must've registered a 50 on a scale of 1-10." He said smiling to himself....

His mood changed again as he stared back and began thinking of all the good soldiers that died today in the worst loss the Earth Forces have suffered since the events on Halo.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Seeing the Pelican preparing to lift off, Skyshot activated the command for the hangar bay doors to open. It opened halfway before anothe shockwave stopped the door mechanism. Skyshot armed his ASGM-10 missiles and aimed them toward the hangar bay doors. He then thumbed the joystick trigger and let fly a pair of missles at the door. The doors exploded outwards and then Skyshot kicked in the throttle and zoomed out of the hangar.

He saw on his rear-view camera, the Pelican following in from behind. Everyone watched as the Pillar of Autumn II as it tore apart when the engines systematically exploded.

"Skyshot, I know you thought it was funny, the funnier something is, the more serious you get. So damn that must've registered a 50 on a scale of 1-10," Jacks said over the comm.

Skyshot grimly checked his sensors, ignoring Jacks as he saw a flight of Covenant Banshees swarming in on the Pelicans scattered around the now-dead Pillar of Autumn II. He gunned the throttle and swung around as he aimed his 110mm rotary cannons at his first target.[/COLOR]

This was not the way it was susposed to happen. Being a Spartan meant being a supersoldier, even flying on a super ship. But they had still been defeated. Gustav knew that Jacks was trying to make the best out of a ad situation, but it wasn't the time.
The Covenant were coming, heading toward Earth every second. If they were able to defeat the best soldiers and the best ship in the fleet, then there wasn't much stoping them.
He sighed and fell into half crouch defensive postion, how he always used to sit. Before he became a Spartan. Then it hit Gustav like the force of his own attack (not to be taken lightly). He was still here. Talon, and Jacks, Steele, the other Spartans, and Master Chief.
They were all still alive. New hope had arisen in him. The aliens had defeated the best ship in the fleet. They hadn't even blocked the best troops in the army.

• 1 month later...
OOC: OK, I don't know why people haven't posted, but I am NOT going to let this RPG die. This post is bringing it back to life. Since Halo 2 is out, Halo 2 rules will apply. That means dual wielding, SMGs, Battle Rifles, etc. NOW that fun begins.

IC: Master Chief looked at the remains of the Autumn 2. He slammed his fist into the ship, making a dent. "DAMN! I didn't want this to happen!" he stood there in silence. Everyone was staying in silence, as the chief was looking out the window. After five minutes, the cheif turned around. "Set the ships coordinates for Earth. We're going to get some supplies, then....." everyone watched without words," we're going to take this fight to the covenant themselves."
"HELL YEAH! That's what I like to hear!" said Jacks.
"Let's kill those alien bastards!" yelled Talon. Their ship started to head towards Earth, trying to evade the other covenant patrols as well. When they got to Metropolis, they went to their armory for some weapons. Going in, the other Spartans and Marines readied their weapons of choice. The chief, decided to get the Assault Rifel.
"Sorry cheif, for some reason, the Assault Rifle isn't being manufactured anymore. But there is something close to it. They just barely came out with it while you were gone. Say hello to the Battle Rifle"
Looking at the Battle Rifle, the cheif took it in his hands and it felt almost the same as the Assault Rifle. He also grabbed the shotgun for his second weapon. He stocked on grenades and ordered Scorpian tanks, Warthogs, and some of the new Gauss Warthogs. The Covenent weren't going to get away with the damage they caused.