Brasil Posted October 24, 2004 Posted October 24, 2004 [center][url="http://img74.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img74&image=ShinmaruvsTheWorld.jpg"][img]http://img74.exs.cx/img74/2761/ShinmaruvsTheWorld.th.jpg[/img][/url][/center] I just whipped this thing up in the past hour or so. I had the urge to do a really retro 50s B-movie sci-fi poster, and figured Shinmaru vs The World (Shin's running gag thing in his MyO) was the perfect subject.
Shinmaru Posted October 24, 2004 Posted October 24, 2004 Great looking poster. Helps quite a bit that you have such a sexy bunch of aliens as your main monsters ;) I really, really like the whole feel of it, you nailed the 50s sci-fi movie motif extremely well, in my opinion. And I seriously think that the aliens came out very well, they looking extremely B-movie-ish (I know you'll take that as a compliment lol). And like you told me just now, the humans really add a lot of this piece; the whole thing just rocks.
Kei Posted October 25, 2004 Posted October 25, 2004 [color=darkblue]I agree with Shin. You most definately caught that 50s feel with the image placement and scared Betty that is horrified, yet cannot look away. lol The only thing that could have possibly made it better was adding those little bold adjectives they used to have splish-splashed everywhere. That would have made it absolutely perfect. But this is still good, anyway. ^^[/color]
Brasil Posted October 25, 2004 Author Posted October 25, 2004 Oddly enough, I was originally thinking of putting in that adjective use, so you and I were thinking along the same lines there, Kei. I revised the poster slightly, shifted some stuff, made Shin bigger (that sounds wrong, lol), and placed some fun little descriptory things. I think the minor changes are vast improvements, honestly. The movement/re-sizing makes the title at the top "jump" more, and the text fits very well. [center][URL=http://img55.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img55&image=ShinmaruvsTheWorld.jpg][IMG]http://img55.exs.cx/img55/2761/ShinmaruvsTheWorld.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]
lea Posted October 25, 2004 Posted October 25, 2004 The alien Shinkamaru's looks radioactive. I think that's a neat effect. =)
Godelsensei Posted October 25, 2004 Posted October 25, 2004 [COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Shinkamaru, you say, Aleia? I don't think his hair is enough of a feather-duster for that, yet. : P Damn, those aliens are sexy. : O On an artistic level, this reminds me of something that could easiy make its way into the modern art levels of the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario). It really does look like the cover of a lame fifties flick, which has been stated before. : P I like the second one better, btw. You improved on the only there was left to improve. : D[/COLOR] [/FONT]
Baron Samedi Posted October 26, 2004 Posted October 26, 2004 [size=1]I love the idea. It is excellent. I think some minor aesthetic improvements are called for though...in keeping with the B-Grade movie feel of course ~_^ I think that the title should be a different font, and the outer glow.. I dunno, a different kind of style. The title should be more bold, and more prominent, and maybe a greenish outer glow- reminiscent of radiation. The adjectives are a great font and colour for the subject, but get rid of the [bizarrely] straight line underneath the bottom one, and relocate them both so that they are over the planet. And get rid of the top 2 or 3 Shinmaru's which are behind the title, because it...detracts from it in a way. Sorry for my pickiness, lol. But, overall, I think this is great. Thumbs up.[/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now