Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
ok. First off, mods, if this seems not "worthy enough" of staying open, I can understand.

Ok, I am looking to buy a new CD and/or open my music horizons a little. I want to go down to my local music shop to get a new CD, but I really can't make up my mind. I like things like Evanescence, Tool, A Perfect Circle, all types of "dance" music, aka "techno", but mostly dark and fast, The Beatles, Metallica, Anti-Flag, The Distillers, Marilyn Manson, Nirvana, Flogging Molly, and Dropkick Murphys, to name a few.
I was kinda thinkin about getting a new Tool CD, or a Perfect Circle CD, but I just cant make up my damn mind. So, if anyone has anything similar to this kinda stuff, or thinks I might like something you like, lemme know.
Posted
Yo
Have you listened to any AC/DC or Guns N' Roses? They are my favorite bands after Metallica, not sure if they are you style or not but I like most of the Bands you listed, so you should give em a listen.
Posted
AC/DC definitely is a good choice. They're pretty damn awesome. The Live CD is simply breathtaking.

I'd actually also suggest The Best of Ocean Colour Scene: Songs From The Front Row. They're a British band that reminds me of The Beatles in some respects. They've got good melodies, great guitar, terrific beats, and some fantastic vocals and lyrical ballads.
Posted
[size=1]If you're looking for dark and fast you could always try Coal Chamber. They're pretty good. However, what you have there is a pretty eclectic mix of music...so, I don't know. Have you listened to the Foo Fighters? Some good solid rock there.[/size]
Posted
A few of my personal favourites are:
Zeppelin "Led Zeppelin III"
The Who "Meaty,Beaty,Big and Bouncy"
Van Halen-"5150"
Queen-"A Night at the Oprah"
Ok,I'm too lazy to write out anymore,but if you want something really hard,try anything by Iron Maiden.
Posted
cradle of filth is my favorite band, also try some scandinavian bands, like dimmu borgir or dark funeral, i would suggest bestial mockery as i've said else where there one of the heaviest bands around on the black metal scene.
Posted
[QUOTE=wrist cutter]Get "Disintegration" by The Cure. It's excellent for all occasions.

Or if you're feeling a little more... suicidal, try "Pornography".[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest The Cure.. you got to it before me. Also "Wish" would be a good choice as well.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I think you'd like Avenged Sevenfold. They're pretty good. Dark lyrics and really good musicianship. Their album Waking the fallen is good, but Sounding the Seventh Trumpet is good as well.

For the Cure, you could get the album Galore and get a mish-mash of a good number of their singles.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Personally I'm a pretty big fan of Metallica, [B]Load[/B] is one of my personal favourites, any of their old stuff is far superior to anything they've released in the last few years. I find [B]Garage Inc.[/B] is pretty class for covers as well though I don't listen to the second CD on it much.

Drowning Pool are pretty alright too, I haven't any of their CDs but what I've heard so far is pretty damn good, if you like Metallica these guys are a good next choice. Thin Lizzy aren't a bad choice either, it all depends on your taste in the genre, that's all I can really think of at the moment. [/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...