Dragon Warrior

Star Wars 411

Do you like Star Wars??   236 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

    • Yes
      192
    • No
      9
    • Somewhat
      30
    • What is Star Wars?
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,623 posts in this topic

[center] [IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=537703[/img] [/center]

Unfortunately, the one in the intro section was closed so I just made this one 'cause they said i should. All Star Wars! All the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[color=deeppink]Erm...I think I may just re-open the one in intro. I didn't close it, but we honestly weren't doing anything wrong by posting in there. Seems like people would prefer we get off topic in a forum where posts [i]don't[/i] count...:huh:

Ah well.[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Since this thread was closed in the intro section we'll put it up here instead. (it was adding onto my introduction)
Anyway i hope you notice this and continue to post here.
Now to answer questions...

1Asked by Dragon Warrior;Are the star wars books set after epsoide 6?Most of them are, some of the newer ones are not.(check inside the front cover or on the back of the book, it will usually tell you)

2Asked by Spikey;Will the Star wars books have a affect on the effect on movies 7-9? Yes they will have a major impact on those movies if they are made(we all hope...)If they dont then a lot of people will be angry and disgusted (including me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]

2Asked by Spikey;Will the Star wars books have a affect on the effect on movies 7-9? Yes they will have a major impact on those movies if they are made(we all hope...)If they dont then a lot of people will be angry and disgusted (including me) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yeah, they better :flaming:.

Lol, yeah...I wonder if Mara Jade will be included? Do you think they'll venture that far into the future? I hope they make her a horrible character...I don't like Mara. Luke was WAY too good for her...

P.S. I merged the two topics so that there weren't two. If you're about to make a new topic, please check to make sure there isn't already a topic like it.[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didnt realise someone else had restarted so soon...sorry.
Anyway i think that if they have movies7-9 mara WILL be included. She is instrumental in the demise of thrawn and is now married to luke(21 years after return of the jedi)
although she does seem like a loser to me.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]and is now married to luke(21 years after return of the jedi)
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Indeed :shifty: [u]Visions of the Future[/u] was a pretty good book...I just hated the whole Mara/Luke hookup...ugh. I'll NEVER get used to that. Even Callista was better than her :whoops:

By the way SW fans...who is your favorite author?[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My ex got me the first book that takes place after Return of the Jedi... I've read the original 3 books. Star Wars: A New Hope, Empire Strikes back, and Return of the Jedi....

I'll probably never get around to reading the one after Jedi... books just don't cut it for me much anymore... although maybe I will one day....

This topic should go in this forum anyway. It's general, it's discussion, put two and two together....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
my fav. star wars author is Kevin J. Anderson. the jedi academy trilogy rocked. I liked the book [u]The Crystal Star[/u] too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Id have to say Anderson. His books are some of the best. Although Aaron Allston, who wrote the x-wing series is good to.
As to babygirls remark concerning Callista, she was ea good charecter. I hope to see her turn up again,even if it means shes a dark jedi.(that would be fun)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wouldn't be too mad if 7-9 weren't based on the books. But then again I haven't read them so that's a whole different story. But speaking of the books what ones would you all recomend to read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]my fav. star wars author is Kevin J. Anderson. the jedi academy trilogy rocked. I liked the book [u]The Crystal Star[/u] too. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:twitch: [b]The Crystal Star[/b]? Argh, I simply did not like that book one bit. I also hated the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy (couldn't finish the first book, it was too painful to read such horrible characterization), and I blame all bad books on [b]Barbara Hambly[/b] :p She's a good author, she just makes things WAY too confusing :nervous:

My all time favorite author is [b]Michael Stackpole[/b]...he should be an honorary god or something :wigout: His book [b]I, Jedi[/b] and the first four [b]Rogue Squadron[/b] novels were SOOO good. God I love that man's writing...now HE'S what you call an author who knows what he's writing about.

I don't care for [b]Aaron Allston[/b] that much...I'm struggling to get through [b]Wraith Squadron[/b] because I have been spoiled by Stackpole's writing. Allston's just doesn't match up, and I can't make the transition between the two :)[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]:twitch: [b]The Crystal Star[/b]? Argh, I simply did not like that book one bit. I also hated the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy (couldn't finish the first book, it was too painful to read such horrible characterization), and I blame all bad books on [b]Barbara Hambly[/b] :p She's a good author, she just makes things WAY too confusing :nervous:

My all time favorite author is [b]Michael Stackpole[/b]...he should be an honorary god or something :wigout: His book [b]I, Jedi[/b] and the first four [b]Rogue Squadron[/b] novels were SOOO good. God I love that man's writing...now HE'S what you call an author who knows what he's writing about.

I don't care for [b]Aaron Allston[/b] that much...I'm struggling to get through [b]Wraith Squadron[/b] because I have been spoiled by Stackpole's writing. Allston's just doesn't match up, and I can't make the transition between the two :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

i also hated the [b]black fleet crisis[/b], but i loved the [b]crystal star[/b]. I never could get thru Stackpole's first [b]Rogue Squadron[/b] book, i don't know why......and i just found out that there will be a special pre-release showing of Episode II in Boston may 12th and i'll be going cause i'm lucky enough to live in massachusetts. :D

also, u people are talking as they will be making star wars movies for after the return of the jedi(7-9). are u just hoping or do u know that to be true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B]

also, u people are talking as they will be making star wars movies for after the return of the jedi(7-9). are u just hoping or do u know that to be true? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Lucas used to talk about it as a whimsical sort of dream he hopes to accomplish...and I think recently he said he would be doing them for sure. I could be wrong, but check [url]www.starwars.com[/url] to see if they have any news about it.

::cough:: I'm a Star Wars fan, Son Goten ::Points to his sig::...a [i]female[/i] SW fan...and a damn good one at that! :p[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i found the answer to the question about "Will there be movies for episodes 7-9?" well, here's the answer straight from the star wars official site:

"At one point early on, George Lucas talked of possibly needing nine movies to tell his tale of the Skywalker family. But as he actually worked through the story line, he realized long ago that the story he wanted to tell could naturally be told in six two-hour films. The nine-episode mantra, however, refuses to die...and we realize, never will. But George says that the story he has to tell will be complete in the six films, which can then be viewed as one epic saga. He says that he honestly has no story to tell now beyond the destruction of the second Death Star.

LucasBooks has always checked with the boss to make sure that none of its projects interferes in any way with anything that he is planning. And while plans can change, rest assured that the wonderful expanded fictional universe enjoyed by so many fans has in no way stomped or trampled on any of George Lucas's prerogatives or options. "

and babygirl, i found a color pic of your old avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[color=deeppink]Oi! That picture is awesome! I really liked the way mine was all purple and black, but the color looks great too! And eee! I just changed the color one to black and white and it looks quite nice as well. Ahh, how dark and brooding this picture is...:love2:

By the way, love the sig :smirk:

Anyone want to continue Star Wars trivia? I do ;)[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I feel like a nerd for some reason... lol no offense... it's just... what... 5 of us talkin about Star Wars.... i dunno... oh well...

Ohh add me to that list thingy!

I have something I wanted to share about SW... and my theory on Obi-Wan.

As you all know, Obi-wan was "killed" in the 4th episode by Vader.... you all noticed how he disappeared right? and later in Empire Strikes Back and Jedi he helped him through his spirit yadda yadda... Well my theory goes to say why that happened...

In episode 2, Boba Fet comes and kills off all the Jedi... well my belief is that Obi-wan is killed as well... now he might not die in Episode 2, but if he doesn't he will in episode 3. My theory is that he is killed by someone.. maybe ever Skywalker himself (you all have seen the previews where Ani is all upset at Obi-wan because it's forbidden to love someone) I think that maybe Ani kills Obi-wan in a fit of rage perhaps?... not sure.. or maybe he doesn't... either way Obi-wan dies.... This only helps further the hate and rage that Ani already has... thus leading him deeper into the Dark Side, which blah blah blah you already know.

So the Obi-wan we see in Episode 4 is mearly a spirit of the dead Obi-wan... and you remember how Qui gon spoke of the profecy that will bring balance to the force... they insinuate Anakin for that, but it's not... it's Luke... actually it's Luke and Leia... the twins.... at least i think... but Obi-wan's spirit helps Luke in his quest, his destiny as he says.... and I think Obi-wan realizes this in episode 2 or 3... that Anakin isn't the bringer of balance to the force.... and so something happens.... Obi-wan dies... his spirit is the Ben Kenobi you see in Episode 4 who helps Luke in his training and to become what the legend predicted.... to bring balance to the force... or what remains of it.

So what do you think? Too in depth? Or do I just have no clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No, I don't like any of the Star Wars movies except for the Phantom Menace.... other than that, I'd rather watch Star Trek... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I feel like a nerd for some reason... lol no offense... it's just... what... 5 of us talkin about Star Wars.... i dunno... oh well...

Ohh add me to that list thingy!

I have something I wanted to share about SW... and my theory on Obi-Wan.

As you all know, Obi-wan was "killed" in the 4th episode by Vader.... you all noticed how he disappeared right? and later in Empire Strikes Back and Jedi he helped him through his spirit yadda yadda... Well my theory goes to say why that happened...

In episode 2, Boba Fet comes and kills off all the Jedi... well my belief is that Obi-wan is killed as well... now he might not die in Episode 2, but if he doesn't he will in episode 3. My theory is that he is killed by someone.. maybe ever Skywalker himself (you all have seen the previews where Ani is all upset at Obi-wan because it's forbidden to love someone) I think that maybe Ani kills Obi-wan in a fit of rage perhaps?... not sure.. or maybe he doesn't... either way Obi-wan dies.... This only helps further the hate and rage that Ani already has... thus leading him deeper into the Dark Side, which blah blah blah you already know.

So the Obi-wan we see in Episode 4 is mearly a spirit of the dead Obi-wan... and you remember how Qui gon spoke of the profecy that will bring balance to the force... they insinuate Anakin for that, but it's not... it's Luke... actually it's Luke and Leia... the twins.... at least i think... but Obi-wan's spirit helps Luke in his quest, his destiny as he says.... and I think Obi-wan realizes this in episode 2 or 3... that Anakin isn't the bringer of balance to the force.... and so something happens.... Obi-wan dies... his spirit is the Ben Kenobi you see in Episode 4 who helps Luke in his training and to become what the legend predicted.... to bring balance to the force... or what remains of it.

So what do you think? Too in depth? Or do I just have no clue? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]My quick little thoughts. . . There will be a new Sith that comes about, and starts to cause trouble. I already know that there is a different Fett in this movie, though his name escapes me. He is the one you see flying backwards, his back to the huge building in the trailor. I think Boba Fett is also in this. I personally believe the Fett's are hired to kill Obi wan so that Anikan will be able to be turned to the Dark Side, but I doubt Obi will die, and his character remains till episode 4 where he is really killed off.

As for Anikan, obviously he falls for Queen Amidalla, and they hide it, but I am guessing it is discovered. Maybe during the movie, she realizes she is preganent and hides Luke at Tatooine (though it may be early for his character to be even mentioned), and even Leah with some other royal family.

As for the Jedi's, I really think Anikan is the one who starts to kill them all off, with the exception of another mysterious Sith that should be around somewhere. Darth Sidious (aka - Emperor Palpatine) will most likely be inforcing some messed up policies in the senate, and that the clone wars is his idea of trying to take over of the universe.

Just my thoughts =P Though I suppose it is anyone's guess, and I don't really want to be right on this ^_^ I sorta spoiled the first movie by reading the books put out a week before it was in theaters. NOT going to make that mistake again.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What about the [B]Jedi Apprentice[/B] series? Has anyone read those? I've read some and they're about the early days of Obi Wan and Qui Gon Jin. Pretty shnazzy, aye? I guess it's before Episode 1, but if it's before Episode 1, would that make it episode 0? ^^

Oh, and Leia is spelled L-E-I-A. O.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You want trivia? Ill give you trivia! as i remember it was my turn to ask, well here they are!(these are easy ones to start with.)

1 Who is the only former rebel alliance piliot to fight against
two death stars?(get this wrong and you'll never hear the end of it!)

2How long is a imperial drone ship?

3 what are the cards in a idiots array?

now this one is harder!!

4 what planet is the collective intelligence the"Golden Sun" from?

the crystal star wasnt that bad in retrospect and i agree that Stackpole is better than Allston. on a personal notwe i will read anything and everything star wars. This excludes the Youzan vong series. I HATE the fact that chewie died , i refuse to accept that fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Just my thoughts =P Though I suppose it is anyone's guess, and I don't really want to be right on this ^_^ I sorta spoiled the first movie by reading the books put out a week before it was in theaters. NOT going to make that mistake again.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I was glad I read the book...it helped me understand it a little better :whoops:

And just some corrections on names:
*Anakin
*Leia
*Amidala
:)

So anyway, on to TN's theory. I don't know exactly HOW much you know about the whole Star Wars thing, TN, but later on in the prequels (most likely Episode III) Anakin and Kenobi duel it out in a lava pit...Anakin falls in and has to get all sorts of help breathing, hence the black suit. Now this is a long-known fact about Star Wars, and not something made up to fit the prequels.

So, in sticking with facts, I don't think Obi Wan dies.

I like your idea about Luke and Leia being the "balance of the Force"...I think that's a great theory :) Lucas leaves a lot of things up to interpretation...

...take for example Yoda's dying words in Episode VI: "There is another...Sky...walk...eh...", yeah? This could either mean Leia [b]or[/b] Darth Vader redeemed as Anakin Skywalker at the end of Episode VI. It's left up to the viewer's interpretation ;)

Next, about Obi Wan's disappearance after he is killed by Darth Vader, that's a Jedi technique. Some are able to do it, some are not. Yoda and Obi Wan were able. Qui-Gon and Anakin (as Vader) were not. It really doesn't have to do with a spirit thing...though it's a relevant theory.

My last thoughts are on the furture of the galaxy as we will see it in Episodes II and III. We all know that Senator Palpatine is going to take over the Senate and corrupt the Republic and make it the Empire and become the Emperor...right? Ok, well there's also HUGE speculation that he is Darth Sidious, and I pretty much believe this as well. But if you think about what's coming up in the movies, it's the Clone Wars...perhaps either Sidious or Papatine is a clone of the other one?

Not saying that I agree with that theory, but it's just a little food for thought ;)

1. Who is the only former rebel alliance piliot to fight against
two death stars? [b]Wedge Antilles! I like him :)[/b]

3. what are the cards in a idiots array? [b]Don't quite know, though I'm sure I could find it in the Han Solo Trilogy...but I can take a guess that it has to do with Saabac...or Sabaac, I forget which way it's spelled :shifty:[/b]

4. what planet is the collective intelligence the"Golden Sun" from? [b]Damn, I could look it up...but I'm too lazy for that ;D Xizor was stationed on Coruscant...but I doubt that's the answer you're looking for.[/b]

[b]Wait! One more thing! TN, of COURSE we're nerds! Lol, you're quite welcome to join us![/b][/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As to your query about Sidious and Palpitine they are one and the same(according to my starwars dicconary volume3)if you want more proof tell me and i can quote it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
answers tothe questions you didnt get

a idiots array is the best card assortment you can get in sabacc.
it consists of a 2,3,and a idiot face card(literally 23)

the golden sun is a collective group of polyps that are force sensitive . they are on the planet Sedri.It was mentioned in battle for the golden sun andgalaxy guide 4

You forgot the 2nd question!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]real fast =P I know I spelled the names wrong. . I posted my last reply at 3am in the morning, and had been up for some time. . soooo. . I am using that as my excuse ^_^ Sorry for those I upset with my spelling errors. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]As to your query about Sidious and Palpitine they are one and the same(according to my starwars dicconary volume3)if you want more proof tell me and i can quote it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Please refrain everything you have to say to one post, thanks...people are anal about double posting...myself included ::cough:: hehe, nah, not really :p But yes, please don't double post.

Anyway, I am quite aware of this Sidious/Palpatine name relationship. Read my post fully and see that I don't support the idea, but I uphold it as a relevant theory. Besides, the Star Wars Dictionary was written before the ideas of Episode I...Lucas can do whatever he damn well pleases with his universe :p[/color]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now