OtakuBoards

What is your favourite (Proper) rock band of all time.

PWNED

Just to add an anoying oppinion on your "proper rock"
To ignore all pop bands would be a great mistake, pop music is simply music that is popular. Numerous rock bands have become popular (meaning they are accepted by the majority) to discredit them simply because to many people like them would ... well ... make you [I]a music snob[/I] . That aside rock, pop, alternative, punk ... has there ever really been a band that has equalled [B]TOOL[/B] ?

[size=1]I liked Queens Of The Stone Age in their Kyuss period.... I don't know much of what QOTSA does now. But Kyuss was a great rock band. I also love the Misfits... they have a wild energy to their songs, and most of their songs are short and fast. I don't think too many exceed two minutes in length.

Also, this may or may not be counted as rock [I always view it as Thrash], but The Hives are one of my fabourite bands of all time.[/size]

Guest young nasty man
in no particular order

-slipknot
-metalica
-korn
-sepaltura
-fear factory
-metabolis
-pantera

around those lines

Sorry to bursts most of your bubbles here guys, but the fact is, is that most of you are getting proper rock mixed up with bands that ie. Suck, are metal, or just a hybrid of rock music that was already explained wasn't proper rock in the first palce, or pop.

Anyways, a I doubt I'm qualified enough to give a proper definition of rock nor is anyone else in the world. (It can obviously be argued that nothing is absolute in a genre and that's basically the truth.) It just a matter of opinion, but sometimes opinions can be absolutely wrong in many senses, because there are obviously lines between one genre and another, until you decide to morph and splice them. But the fact remains there is still a high bit of difference between the music that you are stating and what most proper rock is. Sadly most of the rock that was proper in my opinion and decent at all, came from the late 60's to the 80's with exceptions obviously.

My favorite proper rock band of all time though is undoubtly Pink Floyd, with a close second to Led Zeppelin and then The Doors as well deserves a spot in this list.

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']I liked Queens Of The Stone Age in their Kyuss period.... I don't know much of what QOTSA does now. But Kyuss was a great rock band. I also love the Misfits... they have a wild energy to their songs, and most of their songs are short and fast. I don't think too many exceed two minutes in length.[/size][/quote]Queens Of The Stoneage are still the same. They haven't really changed in my opinion. They've still got the real strong electic guitar sound in their music. Kyuss were pretty good. Though I tend to like Queens Of The Stoneage the way they are now more than what they had before.

[quote name='Amorphous']Sorry to bursts most of your bubbles here guys, but the fact is, is that most of you are getting proper rock mixed up with bands that ie. Suck, are metal, or just a hybrid of rock music that was already explained wasn't proper rock in the first palce, or pop.[/quote]

I agree with you Amphorus, Those guys were picking Hybrid bands and icexfire and EvanescenceChiK, I explained before that Linkin Park is Rap Metal (aka Rap-Rock) and I am not going through an explanation like before again.