OtakuBoards

Most memorable 2004 moments IRL

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]We have the most memorable moments on the OB, but what about your most memorable 2004 moments in real life?

I have quite a few of my own. Probably the two biggest are finding out I was pregnant then givin birth to my daughter. Those two are the best memories I've had this year. Right up there is getting to see my husband before he went to Iraq in February then seeing him in September.

I also predicted that my best friend would have her daughter on the 29th of February and I was right..talk about creepy.

My saddest moment though is that my husband's aunt Nacy passed away yesturday morning following complicatiions from a stroke. just under that is my favorite mare had to be put down after she broke her hip over the summer. Nobody told me (I have a friend who rides at the same place I do) until I got back from maternity leave in October.

Well, I've shared, now it's your turn[/color]

[SIZE=-3]Hmm, most memorable moment this year...

Well, not anything dramatic or action-packed, I won several awards this year from the [B]National Honor Art Society[/B] (In July) for my photography, animation, and music. Heh, go me! Though as much as I respect the NHAS, the ceromony was boring as [I]hell[/I]. Even I didn't have enough patience for that, I would've perfered to have registered my car at the DMV than sit through that.[/SIZE]

I have a HORRIBLE memory. So my most memorable moment this year was last week, heheh.

It was bringing my best friend to planned parenthood because she did something stupid and had unprotected sex, so we had to get her the morning after pill. It was just an interesting experience, going to Planned Parenthood, not to mention the other places we searched for the pill. Like the Catholic hospital that ddn't tell us until about fifteen minutes of talking, and my friend being on the verge of tears, and asking about getting an exam and such, that since they're a catholic hospital, they don't friggin give out birth control.

And then there was.... well, this whole month. I'm never gonna forget all the crap me and my best friend went through this month. One drama after another.

There is also my band trip that went on this spring, to Tennessee. On second thought, I think I'll do my best to forget that weekend. <_<

Most memorable RL moments for me. Hrmm there are so many but atm the bad ones stand out. Like when my girlfriend stood me up at homecoming and when I (god this makes me sound like the looser person that I'm not) smoking pot. Those have to be the two most memorable moments atm and the last one happend just 4 weeks ago so I guess thats why the bad ones stand out :-/

Hmmm, a quick list:

*Graduating from high school

*Getting my first real job

*Spider-Man 2 (Saw it three times in theaters!)

*Starting college

*Losing my virginity.

*The above bullet didn't happen.

*I just wanted to get your attention

*Voting for the first time, and for the winner, too

On the whole, 2004 was the best year of my life, and I expect 2005 to easily exceed it.

Graduating from highest school was my biggest moment from this year. I'm finally free from the general crappiness of high school, but that also means that I've lost contact with some close friends of mine that I've know for years. Except for the odd e-mail and whatnot, I'm almost never in contact with them. It sucks.

Starting college would qualify as big, too, I guess :p It's been good so far. I did well first quarter, and I certainly like the schedule a hell of a lot better. The experience has been good so far.

What else? Had two big in-person meetings with OB friends over the summer, too. Got to see OtakuSennen, KarmaOfChaos and instantramen14 at Anime Expo in July (I'm going again in July, yay), and I got to see Arcadia while I was on vacation in Florida. Had a ton of fun each time. :)

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]Favourite moment of 2004 was probably going to the US during the summer, I had an absolute blast and got to shut up a lot of people there who were "Anti-Europe" regarding Tekken

It was also great because I witnessed the "Daigo Comeback" that got the whole gaming world going crazy

I saw a lot of LA while I was down there, I even got to see Hollywood, too good![/FONT][/COLOR]