OtakuBoards

OB Chat [PG]

Danethol

[size=1][center][b]------------------------
Episode I
Guest: [color=mediumturquoise]Kitty[/color]
------------------------[/center][/b]

[b]"Hello everyone, and welcome to the show. Today, our guest is the lovely Kitty, fourth member of the infamous Bikini Bandits. So, as she needs no more introduction, Kitty!"[/b]

A small, blonde haired girl stepped noisely toward the stage. Her bright blue eyes were half closed, a sleepy expression prevalent on her face. Just before entering the spotlight, she tripped on a step, fell over the chair, rolled across the ground, and landing face up at Dane's feet. There was, of course, abundant cursing throughout.

[b]"Umm, hello, Kitty. My, you look lovely. How are you this evening?"[/b]

Without moving, a loud, earth-shattering growl came from her stomachular region. In fact, it was so earth-shattering, it was more like a roar. Like a T-Rex was imbedded in her gut.

[color=mediumturquoise][b]"I'm hungry."[/b] [/color] replied Kitty, Queen of the obvious joke.
[b]"Well, I believe I can help you with that..."[/b]

Whipping out a bundle of ridiculously scarlet roses from behind his back, Dane rushed to her side.

[b]"I'd like to-"[/b]
[color=mediumturquoise][b]"I don't eat flowers." [/color][/b] said Kitty, in quite a matter-of-factly kind of way.

Crestfallen, Dane let his boquet hang.

[b]"I was going to ask if you would have liked to accompany me to a fine, romantic, Italian dinner for two..."[/b]
[color=mediumturquoise][b]"...oh. Pizza it is, then!"[/color][/b]

[center]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thirty minutes and three pizzas later, Dane and Kitty returned to the studio.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center]

Sitting down, Dane pushed up his glasses and returned to the interview.

[b]"So, how long have you been a member of Otakuboards?"[/b]
[color=mediumturquoise][b]"About a year and a half, actually. I don't feel old, though!"[/b] [/color]
[b]"Should we think you are? What's your standard of an old member?"[/b]
[b][color=mediumturquoise]"Hm.. Well, with so many new members that stay for a day and never post.. Well, they're n00bs forever and always at OB. While "old" members are those who've been here as long as they need to have been to be able to post with good quality and obey the rules. And it doesn't hurt to post here for a year or two."[/b][/color]
[b]"Mhm..yes, I completely agree."[/b]

Dane checked the time since he joined, winced, then looked back at Kitty.

[b]"Besides terrorizing the boards as a member of the infamous Bikini Bandits or chatting it up with other members, what do you like to do in your free time?"[/b]
[color=mediumturquoise][b]"Video games! Especially handhelds since I spend so much time walking through my small town with my buds. And eating. Definately eating. Reading, too."[/b] [/color]

After hearing all her interests, Dane decided to go with the one that wasn't boring as hell.

[b]"Video games, aye? You mentioned portables. Do you have a preference in the Nintendo DS and the Sony PSP match-up?"[/b]
[color=mediumturquoise][b]"Well, the DS is already out and, of course, I own it." [/b][/color]
[b]"Really now? I bet I could whoop you in Metroid : Hunters."[/b]

With a slight eye twitch, Kitty leaped across the table and locked Dane in the mother of all Indian-rug-burn-noogie combo attacks the world had ever seen. After several minutes of Dane screaming uncle, Kitty finally released him, and returned to her seat.

[color=mediumturquoise][b]"I don't have that game anyway." [/b][/color]
[b]"You could have just said so...man..."[/b]

After wiping away some coming tears, Dane decided to be the big man and go on with the interview.

[b]"Since your time on OB, have you made any close friends, or at least anyone worth mentioning?"[/b]
[color=mediumturquoise][b]"Yeah, of course I have! Lots! Who hasn't, huh?!?"[/b] [/color]

Dane silently stared at Kitty, remembering the Shinmaru debacle relating to this question.

[color=mediumturquoise][b]"Oh, right. The list." [/color][/b]

Digging into her strangley pocketless bikini pants, Kitty removed a list of parchment which stretched across the entire room.

[b][color=mediumturquoise]"Annie, Baron, DeathKnight, Rhym, Hack Helba (once known as Stuart), Sonata, Phayte, Patronus, and many more. And I can't forget you, Daney."[/color][/b] She finished with an overly done wink.
[b]"Subtle. Did you really need all that paper?"[/b]
[b][color=mediumturquoise]"No."[/b][/color]
[b]"Okay. Now, which part of OB are members most likely to see you at?"[/b]
[b][color=mediumturquoise]"The Arena. I sometimes glance into Play it. But I stick to RPing and reading in the OB Anthology. I visit the Lounge, as well. But no WAY you'll catch me in any more debates."[/b][/color]
[b]" Hehe. Well, I suppose that's all we have time for. Thanks for stopping by, Kitty. Do you have any parting words for the at-home audience?"
[color=mediumturquoise]"Yes! Bring me Pokemon! And make Charles gimme back my sun-hat!"[/color]
"...alright. Will do. Well, like I said, that's all the time we have. Kitty, everyone!"[/b]

Amid the final audience applause, Kitty lept up to the table. Pressing a button on an oversized watch, she cackled maniacally as the floor erupted beneath her, a giant robotic cat rising into the night sky. Climbing into it's mechanical-but-still-cute head, the automaton blasted off into the stars. Dane sighed and wiped the black soot of the exhaust fumes off his glasses.

[b]"Can't anyone leave normally around here?"[/b]
[/size]

[size=1]I'm planning to. Don't be too hard on Shin though. This [u]was[/u] kind of outta the blue, and the aim conversation itself had (on my side) a few typing errors, which was kind of confusing. I'm new at it too. However, I do plan to make another. I'll get around to interviewing Methuselah soon. Thanks for the support! ^_^

- Dane[/size]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Guys, please don't forget to keep your post quality up. We do require some sort of [i]reason[/i] behind your thoughts. If you need help, see the Constructive Criticism section of the OB Anthology Basics Sticky, which can be found [url="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=44313"][b]here[/b][/url]. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Anyway, I know I've told you this before, but I really like the idea behind it. When I first read the concept, I wasn't entirely convinced, but the narration adds so much to it and it makes it not just an interview, but also fun. The inside thoughts and interactions are really good, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more. ^_^[/size][/font]

[size=1]Wow, thanks guys. ^_^ I do believe these are the best comments I've gotten on an idea of mine before...hehe. Anyway, like I said, I'll interview Methuselah the next time I see her online. If she, for some reason or another, doesn't get on in the next few days, I'll probably just go to another member. Thanks for reading!

- Dane[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Hope you don't mind, but I was wondering when the next "installment" or episode (or whatever!) will be up. You take too long. XP Only kidding. <3

I [i]was[/i] wondering, however, if you ever got a chance to chat with Methuselah. And if not.. hurry! :P Kidding again.

I do enjoy your little chats, though Dane. Keep them coming. ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]My noobness knows no bounds. In my haste to post and avoid having to write out all the [color]s and [b]s, I accidentally edited through Shinmaru's pilot interview. If I have it saved, I'll bring it back up again sometime. As it is, however, my newest interview is up, albeit in the first slot. I apologise to all readers for this error, and assure you all, I won't let it happen again. I guess this is what happens when you don't post for two weeks...

noobishly,
Dane[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I liked that one Dane-dude. Quite the coolness. =D

[I]"Annie, Baron, DeathKnight, Rhym, Hack Helba (once known as Stuart), Sonata, Phayte, Patronus, and many more. And I can't forget you, Daney." She finished with an overly done wink.
"Subtle. Did you really need all that paper?"[/I]

I like that bit especially, lol.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]