Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Here's something I worked on for the past half hour. Please criticize contructively.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22194&stc=1[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22195&stc=1[/IMG]

I don' t think I'm going to use them just yet, though.
Posted
Did you resize the avatar image? The quality of it seems a bit so, so... like it was resize and became a bit blurry as a result.

The text used on the banner seems a bit boring as well... maybe it would be a bit better if it didn't touch the edges of the strip it's in?
Posted
[QUOTE=GTK]Did you resize the avatar image? The quality of it seems a bit so, so... like it was resize and became a bit blurry as a result.

The text used on the banner seems a bit boring as well... maybe it would be a bit better if it didn't touch the edges of the strip it's in?[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't resize it. And do you know how hard it is to make text that small?

[QUOTE]Bad:Blurry, Text on Banner is really bad.[/QUOTE]

I do believe I asked for constructive criticism.
Posted
[color=gray][size=1][url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32738]Constructive Critisme (please read before posting)[/url]
Does anyone even take a look at that thread?..

Anyway.
-The avater is quite blurry, like mentioned before. Although I think it's not due to resizing but due to using a JPEG image or maybe you have made it JPEG before. Also the horizontal white stripe thingy stops before it hits the border, while the vertical one blends into the border. If that was the plan, please don't mind me ^__^;
Well it fits the banner nicely :3
-The Banner is nice, although the lad doesn't really fit the banner. He's unsharp while the rest of the banner is sharp. I would suggest using a better image next time. The text aint that bad, but if you want it not to touch the edges of the strip, you might want to make the strip bigger instead of the text smaller. But the main parts of this banner would be that the background is really nice and that the picture on it aint :P

[i]if you think this was a little harsh or you have other complaints, sue me >:^o[/i][/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Boo][color=gray][size=1][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32738"]Constructive Critisme (please read before posting)[/url]
Does anyone even take a look at that thread?..[/size][/color][/QUOTE]Probably not, but I think it's issue of laziness. :p

[QUOTE=Morpheus]Good: Colors, Avi looks cool
Bad:Blurry, Text on Banner is really bad.[/QUOTE]Morpheus, please attempt to write your comments and critique in complete sentences. If it's not worth your time to write it, it's not worth it for the artist to read it. :/

[url="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=32738"][size=4][b]READ ME[/b][/size][/url][size=4][b].[/b][/size]
Posted
[color=orange][size=1]Personally, I dont think either of them are too bad. The avatars text could be a little clearer, sure. But I love the design of the avatar. Also in the banner, I like the way you put the text in the little line there. It gives it a nice look. So, I really dont think either are that bad.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Patronus]No, I didn't resize it. And do you know how hard it is to make text that small?
[/QUOTE]

yesh, I do ^^; I didn't mean it in a bad way, really~ *hides* just with the text touching the edges like that, the o and the u sort of look the same (which I probably should've said before *dies*)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...