OtakuBoards

Sephiroth and Aeris

Queen Asuka

So what does everyone think about the whole Aeris and Sephiroth should have fallen in love thingie? I mean, I like Sephi and all, but he DID kill her and so forth....:bawl: I thought that Aeris and Cloud were the perfect couple. And since Aeris died, I thought that Tifa and Cloud would definately move into a relationship...but that didn't happen. Has anyone ever written or read a fanfic where someone added onto the ending and made it better? I bet that would be so awesome...:blush: Like, but Tifa and Cloud and Sephiroth and Aeris together! :D *Asuka*

And Sephiroth and Aeris would end up together because...? Heh nah I think the Sephiroth-killing-Aeris part of the game was very important (and cool) to the story. It made a lot of people want to kill Sephiroth more....er....well it just made me think he was a crapload more cooler but what're ya gonna do ::shrugs::.

It would just be interesting for them to be together because they are so different. I read it all on this website and it was a good point of view. I love Sephiroth. I beat the game, but I still didn't understand his character. I have to admit when he KILLED Aeris it was my favorite part of the game...*sigh* teehee

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]I thought that Aeris and Cloud were the perfect couple. And since Aeris died, I thought that Tifa and Cloud would definately move into a relationship...but that didn't happen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Of course not, they both died. They would have been a couple otherwise.

You have to interpret things. The life stream cancelled out, the human species because it was hazardous to the planet. Why do you think Red's species is the only one to occupy the Earth 500 years later. Also, you see decaying ruins and structures, covered in vegetation. Trust me, they died.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Also, you see decaying ruins and structures, covered in vegetation. Trust me, they died. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]there is the flaw in your theory....

That was midgar, they didnt rebuild the town after the collison of Meteor and Holy.... Midgar was left ruined afther holy destroyed meteor.... [/color][/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B]

That was midgar, they didnt rebuild the town after the collison of Meteor and Holy.... Midgar was left ruined afther holy destroyed meteor.... [/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Very true, DeathKnight...

And also CWB, Red's species wasn't the only one to occupy earth... It's just that Red was the only one out of the team still alive... What were they supposed to show? Cloud's corpse? :rolleyes:

sephiroth and aeris would have made a great couple, sure, sephiroth killed aeris, but think about it for a sec, he HAD to, whether he liked it or not (probably liked it), if he never killed aeris, I somehow think the game would have been worse, storyline wise, aeris uses holy, it stops metoer, game....ends, woo -_-

anyway, about the 500 years later thing, well, humans don't tend to live 500 years, heh, so thats why they are dead in that timeline, but red's species live very long, remember, red in human years is 48, but in his species he is only equivelant to a 13/14 year old....

anyway, I have written MANY, and when I say MANY, I mean MANY, ff7 fanfics, and interestingly enough, I bring back sephiroth in almost all of them, lol, but, in most of them I have him ending up as a good guy and have him develop a relationship with a resurrected aeris, heh....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B]

That was midgar, they didnt rebuild the town after the collison of Meteor and Holy.... Midgar was left ruined afther holy destroyed meteor.... [/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I would think that they would indeed build that city. At one time it was the most prosperous city in the world. You have to consider the artist's direction here. It has to be symbolic that they show Red's species dominant 500 years later. Of course there were birds and other animals, but they served no threat to the earth. The Holy spell served as a means to cleanse the world of all things threatening it. Cloud and the others even acknowledge the fact that they'll probably be canceled out because of humanity's crimes.
As far as showing Cloud's corpse, I don't think so. They COULD show some actual people though. Perhaps even his ancestors. But the fact remains that they chose to go 500 years into the future. Why else would they do this, but to show decaying ruins of the human world. If Cloud were to survive, why not go two years into the future where he and Tifa had a family. They could show a happy ending like in FF8. That is not the case, it's all a matter of symbolism my friend.

To be honest, I really like Midgar. I think that the way everything runs, and lives. It may be dark all of the time, but it really chills me out. I like the slums aswell, I'm not sayin' I like the slums here but Square did a really good job of the feeling to it.

I remember writing a fanfic about young Sephiroth, and how he began to become aware of some of the things about his "creation"--especially explains how he knew about the secret passage in the ShinRa mansion, and how the Ti key was knocked out of the piano...
These days, I realize my fanfic doesn't aline totally with the game's story...some gaping plot holes, but then again it [i]was[/i] my first fanfic ever....but I tell about the Masamune being passed to him, about the Enemy Skill materia....how his "insanity" begins with the hint of things he'd rather not know...
Where the heck did I put that thing?!?

As far as Seph and Aeris go, they were both "creatures" not of this earth, so they would have been together HAD Seph been an Ancient--which he was not. He was infested with the same plague race that wiped out the Cetra, so it was only natural for him to destroy Aeris.

Honesty, my favorite setting in the whole game was the Sector 4 slums where you first run into Aeris and there's the whole church with flowers. It's so peaceful. And then you go to Elmyra's house and its' beautiful. It was really inspirational to think of that house and dream up some wild insane romantic dreams...*sigh*

Hmm everyone assumes that's red XIII but can u see his tattoo? Don't even see how it could be any of them, since his mom and dad died and he was the last of his kind, maybe he laid eggs?...er...still would need another mate then ::shrugs::, maybe that weirdo boss from Ergheiz? Either way, yeah it's hard to tell if all humans died or they just let Midgar's looks go or what. Guess they wanted people to come up with their own conclusions

no, red was not, I repeat, NOT the last of his kind, just before bugenhagen died, he told red to do a lot of stuff, to live life to the fullest so to speak, and one of the things he said is to go out into the world and find another member of his species, a mate if you will, red obviously found one, and he did in a few of my fanfics, lol....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]Woah Woah hold on a second, is the whole red being the only one left and cloud and the others dying the actual ending on ff7??????[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

some think that is what happened, some assume everyone had a long, happy life, and obviously, 500 years later red is the only one left because his race age differently....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]Well I think that Sephiroth rocks he's cool Just imagine if he joined then good guys as the one winged angel that'd be cool But I thought he used to be good. Like in the very beginning does anyone know? [/B][/QUOTE]

I read some [i]excellent[/i] fanfics surrounding Seph's childhood (dadgumit, the site for that is down!), but the general gist I got was this:
Sephiroth was contaminated shortly after conception with Jenova cells. Thus, when he was born, he was already different from others. He [i]knew[/i] he was different. Some authors argued he could already command Materia at a very early age, plus he was quick to master the art of swordplay.
Nonetheless, all authors portrayed him as having a tendency to be a loner, subconciously (sp?) blaming all others for their own stupidity. He could be one's best adviser (friend is not something you tend to associate with Sephiroth), or of course, one's worst enemy. Some argue that he knew Hojo was his father; all agreed Professor Gast was someone he looked up to. Somewhere about the time he got Masamune, things began to change--not as radically as his discovery of JENOVA; rather, much more minute. Still, it had an impact on him.
No one is exactly sure how he recieved Masamune, but let's draw on some non-FF games here real fast--in ChronoTrigger, the Masamune was made of two Spirits, Masa and Mune; the sword was always used for good--until the downfall of Guardia, a few years after Lavos' defeat. Masamune disappeared. In ChronoCross, the Masamune is now seen as a cursed sword; any new master it comes in contact with, it feeds upon their dark emotions, driving the weilder insane. Sephiroth was a special case--yes, he had many dark emotions, but he was no normal human. Even in what others would call the depths of insanity, he knew exactly what he was doing. No question.
Sephiroth can double check my facts/fics here; I'm done preaching. ;)

BTW, Sephiroth, do you have any idea who that metal "Red XIII-like" creature is in the Ehrgeitz game? It's hard to believe it's Nanaki, but I'm not sure if it's Seto either. I know it's not the Ehrgeitz beast...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]

Sephiroth can double check my facts/fics here; I'm done preaching. ;)

BTW, Sephiroth, do you have any idea who that metal "Red XIII-like" creature is in the Ehrgeitz game? It's hard to believe it's Nanaki, but I'm not sure if it's Seto either. I know it's not the Ehrgeitz beast... [/B][/QUOTE]

heh, I don't need to double check your facts, they are true, I myself believed his masamune was associated with the same one as the one in chrono trigger....

no, the red lookalike is not red, his name is django, his second costume looks exactly like red, but he is not not though, nor seto....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

heh, I don't need to double check your facts, they are true, I myself believed his masamune was associated with the same one as the one in chrono trigger....

no, the red lookalike is not red, his name is django, his second costume looks exactly like red, but he is not not though, nor seto.... [/B][/QUOTE]

( It's not Django, it's DJ Ango, He's an internationally acclaimed Hard House DJ... Well, [I]I[/I] think he is anyway. :P)

I've seen some people saying that DJ Ango is 'actually' a sort of 'Neo-Red XIII' ...What a load of codswollop.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ~Fire_Lily~
When it comes to things like this, it's a matter of opinion. What I think is this. Even though Sephiroth killed Aeris, they still would have made a great couple. Why? Because they were both different, special, and unique in their own ways. Plus, they were completely opposite from each other and as they say, "Opposites attract!" Also, I didn't think Cloud and Aeris made such a good couple. No, it's not because I'm a Tifa fan, but because Aeris really didn't love Cloud, she loved the Zach in him. So naturally, it wasn't meant to be. If Aeris had loved our Sephi, it would be great cuz he wasn't like Zach and she could love him for who he was.
Even though Sephiroth killed her, I think Aeris would forgive him because...um...because she's Aeris! THAT'S IT![SIZE=3]THAT'S IT[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Zach[/SIZE]