OtakuBoards

Destiny [PG- L Poss. S]

Ezekiel

[SIZE=1][CENTER][COLOR=RoyalBlue]The sound of feet quickly moving across the pavement, coupled with the murmur of voices was the music of New York City. A young woman in her twenties with shoulder length red hair, an arm full of shopping and a seven year old daughter seemingly attached to her hand tried her best to weave her way through the crowd of business men and school children heading to their Monday morning destinations.

She shifted the bag and squeezed her daughter?s hand, looking down to smile at her. The gesture was returned and the seven year old skipped ahead, tugging on her tired mother?s hand to hurry up. The woman laughed and just managed to dodge a man in a black suit, unfortunately, she didn?t see the man that followed. Her daughter?s squeak and the sound of cans clattering onto the pavement caused the people around to stop and turn, only to see the relatively boring site of a woman knocked over on the floor, rubbing her side.

The man who she had walked into quickly pulled the headphones from his ears and knelt down to pick up her shopping, [B]?I?m so sorry, I wasn?t watching.? [/B] He said, shaking his head slightly as he picked cucumber off the pavement. The woman shook her head and brushed herself off, ?[B]It wasn?t your fault, I should have taken notice of where I was going.? [/B] She stood and took the man?s hand, looking at his face for the first time. He smiled at her and bowed his head slightly, and she blushed, her daughter now tugging at her belt.

[B]?Chris.?[/B] She shook the man?s hand as she introduced herself, he nodded again. [B]?Nice to meet you Chris, my na-?
?Mummy! We have to go, I?ll be late for school!?[/B]
Chris? daughter piped up and tugged more urgently at her mother?s belt, Chris looked at her watch and groaned, patting the man on the shoulder.

[B]?Sorry about earlier, thank you for helping me.?[/B] She grasped what little shopping she had managed to salvage and took off, jogging along with her daughter.
[B]?You?re welcome??[/B]
They say that if you see a stranger three times it?s destiny. Christine Tory felt that was her last hope. A failed relationship resulting in a daughter and limited finances had messed her up for the last year. She was only just getting her life back together with a stable job, a nice apartment, and a good school for her daughter. All she needed now was someone to spend that good life with.

When she saw him today she felt something spark, that spark hadn?t happened in a long time and Chris knew that she had to see him again, even if it resulted in nothing more than a friendship.

As her daughter kissed her goodnight, Chris tucked her into bed and left to switch on the TV. News stories of murder, terrorism and horror were all over the channels, it made her wonder, what has happened to love?
****[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[RIGHT]I haven?t done a romance in a while, so live with it!

I was inspired by a long conversation with my mother about my childhood, so here we have a twenty-something year old woman falling in love with a clumsy stranger. I find the concept very romantic.

Everyone will tie into this, the characters will either be friends with Christine (who I?m playing), teachers at her daughters school, friends of ????? etc.

Not much in the way of requirements, just the usual;

[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B] No less than 25
[B]Gender:
Appearance:
Personality:[/B]
[B]Bio:[/B] Doesn?t have to be long at all.

I do need someone to play ?Mr. X?, apart from that, go wild with characters. (Well?not too wild, this is modern day New York ^_~)[/RIGHT][/SIZE]

Name:Sharoll Lee

Appearance: Sharoll is very Asian/Hispanic looking. She has tan skin with "slanted" eyes.Her hair is black and curly. Sharolls eyes are considered to be the most attractive part of her body. They shimmer in the light and change according to her mood that week.

Occupation: Current witress at a 5-star resturaunt. She gets paid 800$ a week. Just enough to pay the rent and get all teh groceries she needs. She is currently looking for a guy who she can settle down with. But is still single and looking.

Personality:Sharoll is very serious at times, but, she can sometimes be very bubbly. Shes either smileing or luaghing most of the time. When Sharoll is in a bad mood she usually isolates herself in a room.

One time Sharoll went days without eating becuase she got fired from her first job.

Bio: Sharoll was born to a Puerto Rican mother, and a Korean father. She was born in the Bronx of New York . Shes known Christine all of her life, from the time they first played with blocks, to thier first party. Christine often comes by the resturant with her daughter and Sharoll gives them a huge discount.

(this asounds fun)

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Name: Alexander "Xander" Blake
Appearance: Xander is a lanky young man, towering over most, adding to his strange air. He can ingest mass quantities of food without gaining a pound, leaving him in extremely enviable physical condition. He never even has to work out. Although his oddly pale skin does leave one feeling uneasy, he manages to pull off the gaunt, pale look without seeming depressing or gothic.

Mixing with his towering height is his long dark hair, a shimmering raven black that seems to exude its own radience. Maybe the neon-blue streaks make it seem that way. His eyes are a maelstrom of color, shifting from vivid green to icy blue to steel gray to deepest brown in seconds. Only one thing about his eyes never changes, and that's his utterly piercing stare. It seems like his eyes can dig right into your soul.

He never wears anything special; usually just jeans and a t-shirt. However, it's how he wears things that makes them special. He can, somehow, make everything feel as if it cost ten times what it actually did. Maybe its his attitude, or maybe its just how he picks his clothes. Its especially strange since most of his shirts herald concerts or bear sardonic slogans. Some of his own invention.
Occupation: "Graphic Novelist" (or, as most will tell you, Cartoonist)
Personality: Xander is a man with his head in the clouds. He seemingly exists on a whole other plane than the rest of humanity, often times populated with no-longer-aging rockstars and characters from his latest venture. He's dreamy, absent-minded, and has an etheral quality about him that draws women and women alike, leaving him the center of attention, giving none of it back.

But when Xander (rarely) reaches the same wavelength as another human being, he is clever, witty, charming, and utterly brilliant. Nothing escapes his keen perception, from emotion to ulterior motive. Perhaps his almost zen-like state of spaciness has led him to this unnatural state of empathy. Or maybe he's just lucky.
Bio: Xander wasn't always Captain Elsewhere. There was a time he was a normal, average young man. He was a grumpy big brother, and a devoted son. He loved playing catch in the park with dad, and he loved helping mom make brownies. Until the leukemia hit. It was then that he drifted off. He hasn't been the same since.

While Ryan was quiet for a few days, Xander never stopped being quiet. He stopped playing catch. He hates the taste of chocolate. All he wanted to do was draw. No, not draw. Create. Xander became fascinated with the world he made with his own mind. There, he made the rules. Everything was his to make as he wants it. He fell into his world, and he doesn't want out.

Xander left home for college. He couldn't stand the same house. Same room. Same life. He left his father and sister. He left everything behind for New York. And there, he began anew. Now, he's a successful Graphic Novelist. He key work, Fair Play, is selling as quickly as he can draw it. And it's his world, with his people. His own reality.

Maybe he came to New York to escape his pain further. Maybe that's why he left his house. Too many memories. Too many hurtful nights. But maybe...he wants out of his shadow land. Wants to feel pain. Love. Sadness. Joy. Maybe, just maybe, he wants out of his world. Maybe he wants reality back.

Just maybe.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Well, Xander is certainly taking an interesting turn. Thanks for the creative shove, Rhian. I hope that Xander will still prove very...interesting.

-ULX[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Ryan Blake
[b]Age:[/b] 25
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Appearance:[/b] Ryan stands 5?7?, with a crop of messy black hair that falls to no longer than her ears. Her hair is constantly falling into a pair of bright, intelligent blue eyes. Her skin is nearly mocha colored, and very smooth. She is in total favor of fashion; she loves flashy, girly clothes, but also favors comfort clothing, like jeans and T-shirts. Ryan has a constant smile on rosebud lips, set in the middle of a heart-shaped face. Ryan gives of the appearance of an exotic dancer or a lonely teenager with nowhere to go, depending on how she is dressed.
[b]Occupation:[/b] Student/actress (She goes to school at the local Art college.)
[b]Personality:[/b] Ryan is a bright person to be around, very friendly and loving. She has many friends, nearly no enemies(save the few who hold grudges), and is a great actress. She has an amazing way of conveying emotion, and has a lot of ideas constantly running through her head. She has a bubbly attitude that will brighten anyone?s day. Ryan is a source of unstoppable energy, and she is almost always moving. Sometimes she is described as ?a 13 year old in a grown ups body?. And truthfully, Ryan is. She acts like it, and would never deny it. She has a naivety that is amazing.
[b]Bio:[/b] Ryan is the younger sibling of the two Blake children, and she has forever been independent of her older brother. Ryan was never one to cling to any certain person, and was never into bugging her brother like most younger siblings. She was always a joy to be around, and was very quick on the uptake. Ryan hardly missed a beat when their mother came down with leukemia, and was hospitalized. She was in and out of he mother?s room all day, with schoolwork, artwork, anything to keep her busy. She wouldn?t let herself be phased by it, and wouldn?t let anyone else get to upset about it, either. Ryan would look at them in all seriousness, and say in her childish voice, ?You can?t be sad, Momma doesn?t need you to be sad!? Ryan only slowed down when their mother died, and she was silent for a few days. After that, she sped right back up, and made sure everyne was to busy to notice their sadness.

Heh, I don?t remember the last time I roleplayed with you, Jamie. I?m starting to feel like you guys are growing away from me; I need to kick myself for not talking to you guys often. ULX, hope you don?t mind me making your character have a sister.[/size]

[size=1][color=slategray]This is the first romance RP I've ever been interested in, so, kudos to you Meth for hooking me(a lot of your RPG's have a way of hooking me actually, sometimes I just don't end up thinking of an adequate sign-up...)[/color]

[color=gray][b]Name:[/b] [i]Claire Marino[/i]

[b]Age:[/b] [i]25[/i]

[b]Gender:[/b] [i]Female[/i]

[b]Appearance:[/b] [i][/color][color=darkslategray]Dirty blond, shoulder length hair worn up in a ponytail. She wears a frayed, gray jacket over whatever shirt she pulls out of her closet that day. Usually sports blue jeans and dirtied tennis shoes, originally white. She stands around 5'6" and has blue eyes, which her first boyfriend called "sparkling, dazzling, and magnificent," though in recent years, her old boyfriend(which she's kept a good relationship with) has noted that they seem dull, pale, and void of life.[/i][/color][color=gray]

[b]Occupation:[/b] [i]Freelance writer[/i]

[b]Personality:[/b] [i][/color][color=darkslategray]Usually cheerful and lively, she can sometimes suffer from severe mood swings, most notably when she's working on a piece of writing. Once she accepts to write an article or short story, she'll completely commit to it, giving up all other activities until its finished. Because of this commitment she puts towards finishing her writing, she can sometimes disappear for days, once even a few weeks, at a time, though her close friends know she's just working on a new piece. Often when she's working on a new piece, she'll become sullen and irritated, another reason of why she stays away from the rest of the world for a few days.[/color][/i]

[b][color=gray]Bio:[/color][/b] [i][color=darkslategray]Aspiring to one day become a famous author, Claire currently only does freelance work, making whatever kind of money she can. She was born an average girl, to an average family and lived a boring, normal childhood. Or at least that's the guise she's put up for people to believe.

She lives in an apartment building a few blocks away from Chris and is an "acquaintance" of Xander's.[/i][/color]

[color=slategray][strike]I'll finish this later. I need like, a day or two to think more about my character... *puts up an "Out To Lunch" sign*[/strike][/color]

[color=darkslategray]*removes "Out To Lunch" sign and puts up a big "Sold" sign* All done. I didn't elaborate on the bio, as you said it didn't have to be long and I'll reveal more about the character as time goes on in the RPG(little by little, she shall be broken down and revealed...).

[b]Edit 2 on 2/21/05:[/b] Two days after I say I'm finished and I realize I never put down a description. Hopefully, its all done now...[/color][/size]

No, this is not another runner sign up! He USED to be a runner...

[B]Name-[/B] Stanley "Stan" Harbor

[B]Age-[/B] 26

[B]Gender-[/B] Male

[B]Appearance-[/B] The Eye- hiding, not quite shoulder length golden curls of a runner dominate Stan's head. Once a lean and muscular athlete, the stress of New York life has added some actual meat to his bone. Never one to be tied down to fashion, Stan simply stays true to his school days: A race shirt and blue jeans.

[B]Occupation-[/B] Stan uses his merely acceptable singing voice to accompany his roomate who plays acoustic guitar. They earn bread crumbs by performing at coffee houses and other mellow venues.

[B]Personality-[/B] Even though he is now a struggling (i conformed...) artist and should be out to tear at the world's throat, Stan is still the runner loner. He walks the crowded and insane streets of the apple with his head down, and talks to few people other than his roomate, Kenny, and a nice girl named Ryan who lives in the same appartment complex as him. He even actually mustered up the courage to see this girl act on stage once.

[B]Bio-[/B] leaving high school, Stan would settle for nothing other than being a professional athlete. The second he graduated, he drove himself from North Carolina all the way to Oregon, running capitol USA, to show off what he thought were his skills. He never even made the team. Stan couldnt go back home and face all the people laughing at his failed dream, so he moved to a place so impersonal that he would never have to feel embarassed: New York.

Stan got along as a waiter for a while, but one night his luck changed. While goofing around with his roomate and his guitar, Stan found he had a tolerable singing voice, or at least one favorable to be paired with an acoustic guitar. He's no freddie Mercury, but these days you really dont have to be.

He now just floats from day to day, looking for the thing that will take his life in some real direction.

*Hope thats ok. Rhian, if you have any problems with the tie i made with your character please tell me and i'll change that. Also...have any of you guys ever actually BEEN to NYC?*

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1]Thank you for all the sign ups, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough people. I'm going to leave this open a few more days so that people can finish their sign ups and maybe more will join. I'll post my sign up when I close this along with who's in and who isn't.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Hmm...this looks interesting. Can't say I've ever done one like this before...you did say New York, ey? Starving artist, here I come!

[COLOR=Purple][B]Name:[/B] Prudence "Prue" Jenkins

[B]Age:[/B] 27

[B]Gender:[/B] Female

[B]Appearance[/B]: Tall and bony, with a very angular face, and long blonde hair that's usually pulled back tight. She wears normal clothes, jeans and teeshirts, with a paint splattered smock. She usually has ink and paint stains on her fingers, and occasionally on her lips, as she has a tendency to suck on her pens while thinking. Wears glasses, and has grey eyes.

[B]Occupation:[/B] Artist/art store clerk

[B]Personality:[/B] Very cheerful, with a flare for the dramatic. She firmly believes in all things artistic and romantic, and isn't usually very logical. She's a bit of a scatterbrain.

[B]Bio:[/B] Pru is from a small town in Pennsylvania, but moved to New York because "[b]it's what artists do[/b]". She's spent her entire life trying to be an artist, but thus far hasn't sold a single peice of art. It's not that she's not good...she just refuses to show her work to others. She's very insecure with her art work. She works at a small art supplies store (Paolo's Ink Dot), and is Chris's neighbor. She occasionally babysits for Chris. [/COLOR]

Hope that works...I love the idea of being a New York painter...[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#C82356][B]Name-[/B] Jesse "J.T." Morelli
[B]Age-[/B] 29
[B]Gender-[/B] Male

[B]Appearance-[/B] [URL=http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/guys107.jpg]Jesse[/URL] stands at 6'3" and is a man of beauty. He has a cool atmosphere about him that intimidates while excites those around him. He rarely wears anything else other than suits and is quite comfortable with it.

[B]Occupation-[/B] Owner of a club/ restaurant

[B]Personality-[/B] Mostly keeping to himself, Jesse prefers to only congregate with Xander and Ryan, as they were the first people that he actually came to trust and love. He is quiet, collected, calm, and has a bit of arrogance within him. There are those who dislike him and those who adore him, those who work with him and against him, but none have had the pleasure of seeing the darkness within him. Jesse is quite blunt and, at times, merciless, perhaps cold. Some could say he was apathetic, almost enigmatic; only a few could see how he truly is and say otherwise.

[B]Bio-[/B] Inheriting the club and restaurant was something that Jesse looked forward to. It was his dream to be able to keep the family business and keep its name at the top. He never realized that his job would bring such solitude and isolation, nor did he realize that his job would give him an exterior so hard that people could feel the cold outer shell. Since his 18th birthday, Jesse had no reason to make friends because of the things he had to take care of, yet there were these two people that caught his eye, well him.

It was early in the bright morning and there stood Jesse on the rooftop. His heart was in pain and filled with nothing but sorrow. He was depressed and had no one to talk to, only the dogs could listen to his torment and never speak back. It only hurt him even more to stay alive and he realized he couldn?t keep it in any longer; his life would have to end. Standing there on the rooftop, Jesse closed his eyes and jumped, feeling the air below him rushing upwards. He thought he wouldn?t have felt anything, but only time was imminent and he was saved by someone below, dragging out a mattress.

Opening his eyes, he saw a young girl looking down at him, wondering if he was ok. He sighed sharply and stood, but thought this to be no coincidence, only fate could have dealt its hand and saved Jesse. From then on, the girl and Jesse became friends and she listened, knowing his pain. They grew close and the girl was known as Ryan Blake, sister of Xander Blake, a guy who Jesse had hired to create a large logo for his club. It was from then on that the Blake?s and Jesse became friends of a strange incident.[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][B]Do your eyes deceive you? No, they don't! I am actually going to start this role-play! Oh my God! XD[/B]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Name:[/B] Christine 'Chris' Tory

[B]Age:[/B] 26

[B]Appearance:[/B] Chris stands at 5'4'' with shoulder length red hair and emerald green eyes that seem to sparkle even on a dull day. She always has a distant smile on her face, daydreams and past memories what keeps her going, as well as her daughter?s perpetual good mood. She has a slight frame, her husband called her 'Fairy' when they were together, it was something they always laughed about and even though she never wants to see her husband again, she desperately wants someone who can call her that name again. It brings back memories of love and good times. She is always seen in Jeans and a zip up top with a high collar. She wears glasses when at work or watching the TV, while she can see perfectly up close, she is horribly short sighted. Unless she is feeling particularly lazy, Chris will have her hair tied in spiky pigtails, her fringe swept neatly to one side.

[B]Occupation:[/B] Waitress/Bar Tender

[B]Personality:[/B] Chris is usually a very happy person and always willing to please. She?s the kind of woman who would blame herself for almost anything if it stops someone else from feeling guilty. She always tries to keep a smile around her daughter, not wanting to make the young child worried. Chris is funny and good fun, she makes an excellent waitress, as she?s always ready to socialise with customers. She also works at Mr. Travis' club as a bar tender on weekends when her daughter stays with her sister. She likes to be with friends though has been known to slip into quiet moods.

[B]Bio:[/B] Chris was always a happy teenager, going through school with good grades and a great family life. She became head girl in her last year of school and was head of the debate team as well as the hockey team. A pretty all-round success story, then, she fell in love. Paul Hendricks was his name, and as soon as Chris saw him, she knew she had fallen. A few months aft5er getting together, Paul proposed and they were married that Easter.

A year later Chris was pregnant and going through divorce without a job, living in a City away from her family. Paul left her before their daughter was even born and Chris was forced to go through the humiliating process of calling her parents and asking them for help. They immediately got her back over to New York (after she?d been living in Washington DC) and cared for her and her baby until she was back on her feet.

Now Chris has a tight circle of friends and tries to help out at her daughter?s school in the Drama club. She enjoys life, but the one thing that's missing is a partner. A love. She?s afraid of hurting her daughters feelings, though, and promised herself that she wouldn't settle down unless her child was happy with her choice.

[B][U]Chris' Daughter:[/U]
Name:[/B] Amelia Tory
[B]Age:[/B] 7
[B]Appearance:[/B] Amelia may have a lot of her mother's personal traits, but she resembles her father mostly in looks. She has his same striking blue eyes that seem to look deeper into a person than they would like. She has dirty blond hair that, rather than going brittle like her fathers, is smooth and soft like Chris'. She has her father?s tanned complexion and weedy build while she has her mother?s freckles. She's the kind of girl that will grow to be handsome rather than pretty, a beautiful child none-the-less.

[B]Personality:[/B] Perpetually happy and always smiling, Amelia goes out of her way to please her mother. She knows that she has gone through a bad life before she was born and Amelia desperately wants her Mummy to be happy. She loves her family, especially her Aunt and always understands when Chris needs to do over time. She is mature for her age and has learned to look after herself to a certain extent, something both she and Chris take pride in.[/COLOR]

[B]There we go, thread will be up in the Adventure Arena. Sorry for taking so long, school has buggered up a lot of my usual routines. ^_^;[/B][/SIZE]