OtakuBoards

Have I been ripped-off?!!!

Fall

Has anyone ever been ripped-off. I mean, in a supermarket, buying things. Well this is what I did:

I was looking on the shelf for some heat-up pop-corn.The pop-corn that you just heat up in the microwave. When I got home, I went and heated it up. But it didn't heat up. After a while of trying, I opened the pakage and found a note that said: "NO POP-CORN AVAILUABLE (sp?). NO REGRETS TAKEN."!!!

Now does that mean that I have been ripped off, or what?!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever been ripped-off. I mean, in a supermarket, buying things. Well this is what I did:

I was looking on the shelf for some heat-up pop-corn.The pop-corn that you just heat up in the microwave. When I got home, I went and heated it up. But it didn't heat up. After a while of trying, I opened the pakage and found a note that said: "NO POP-CORN AVAILUABLE (sp?). NO REGRETS TAKEN."!!!

Now does that mean that I have been ripped off, or what?!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay. Here's what you do: Fill the bag with dog crap, (or some other kind of crap) go back to the store and throw it at the first person you see, that works there. :laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever been ripped-off. I mean, in a supermarket, buying things. Well this is what I did:

Now does that mean that I have been ripped off, or what?!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Only two things that came to my mind. . One - it is some sort of contest, or Two - The person who bagged that has been fired =P

Ok. . heres what you can do. Call up the 1-800 number that are on almost EVERY package you buy nowadays, and talk to someone in consumer affairs. Tell them the story, and ask what can be done, or if this was some sort of joke or contest. Tell them that you are a faithful customer of their popcorn, and were VERY upset when you found this, and don't think it is funny at all. They will have you give them the numbers off the box/bag, and will most likely do some research. They will ask for your number, and call you back later that day/week, and talk to you some more. Usually the person that does this will be a higher upper in the organization, and will be more sympathetic to your problem. He will offer to give you coupons, and maybe some other free stuff. They can't stand to lose a faithful customer :D

Then go back to the store. Ask to speak to a manager, and tell them how dissapointed you are. If they offer to give you a refund, state how mad you were getting home to a fully packed house, and finding a stupid NOTE in there, instead of popcorn. They will be so distraught by trying to keep you happy, that they will let you get a replacement box of whatever you want.

Ok - Personal story. I did this with a soft drink product. . which will remain nameless (though, there WAS something wrong with it. . ). They gave me MANY free coupons for the product, and usually send me some during the holidays :D At the store (which I have worked at about 4 total) they will do anything to get rid of an aggitated customer, including giving them gift certificates, and another replacement product of the same kind. I loved just giving away stuff at places I worked at, and basically just said - whatever =P

Hope any of this helps. . but to answer your question, Yes, I believe you got ripped off. . . sorry =(