OtakuBoards

Dumb Games

Crazy Hardcore

[size=1]Man, my hand just hurts thinking about this. Want to hear why? Okay, so this one time, me and my friends were bored, and I was all, "Hey guys...I'm bored!" So we decided to punch a brick wall to find out who'd wimp out first. My friend Tommy got to about thirteen when he started crying. Everyone else had quit at around three. Not me, though. I got to, like, a hundred. Oh man, it was so[/size] [size=3][b]
CRAZY HARDCORE[/size][/b], [size=1]I thought I was going to pass out.[/size]

[size=1]Okay, so it wasn't that bad. I actually quit at two. That, however, it neither here nor there. Has anyone else (mainly guys, we're dumb like this) ever played or done something mind-numbingly stupid, just for the sake of doing it?[/size]

Guest Crimson Spider
In order to illustrate how my parents were oblivious to their surroundings me and my sister will engage in games of "talk about rediculously dumb and irritatingly wierd stuff and see if anyone notices". It's funny when you are watching the expressions of the people around you as you talk about how the back-alley robotic pregnancy and miscarrage gave you a rash because it was made from cast iron instead of titanium.

Ever played a game called "Lumberjack"? I'm sure it has other names, but that's the one I know it by.

Anyway, Lumberjack involves wrapping your opponent's right hand in yours (as though the two of you are about to shake hands, only with your thumbs hooked tightly together). Using your free left arm (and everything attached to it, obviously), you then take turns walloping the exposed sides of each other's clenched-together fists--you smack the back of your opponent's hand, and he smacks the back of yours. This process continues until one player gives up, usually because his hand is a) frighteningly numb or b) turning purple. It's basically a test of one's ability to endure pointless pain.

In conclusion, Lumberjack is a pretty stupid game.

~Dagger~

[B][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Alright, me? I don't do anything THAT mindless... Though I do have the tendincy to randomly stare at sparkly/shiney objects for hour on end. Hmm.

I have this friend, though, him and my boyfriend try to out-do each other in everything. My boyfriend, brilliant as he is and all, has an ego-trip thing every time our idiot friend comes around. Here's a something they do:

Alright, idiot friend decides he wants to see who can throw the biggest rocks the furthest. Boyfriend says he's a moron. Idiot friend calls him a chicken, or just ignores him and retuns to throwng large stones. Either way, boyfriend gets POed and agrees to the game. Pretty soon, it's 'Who can DODGE the biggest rocks?' and they both start chucking things at each other until 1) My boyfriend gets hit ONE TOO MANY times and starts beating him with a long/hard object (Rake, hose, shovel, bat, etc.) 2) until they are BOTH thuroughly bloody and can no longer go on or 3) I've decided it's enough and go beat some sense into them.

Yup. It's not even really a game, but it's something they do to pass time now. Boys really ARE dumb like that. My friend also does this thing where he goes into the woods and tries to knock down as many trees as he can, a sport for which I am happy my boyfriend refuses to join. He always comes out with some kind of injury. Moron.

Forever Confused,
~SaKuRa~[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I've been in wall punching contests before...I always win...

I'm probably the queen of stupid games, man. Like Head Smacking, Head Smashing, Catch the Rabies Invested (probably) Raccoon, Knive Games, Pin the Tail On the Idiot, and my personal favorite:Paintball Russian Roulette...
I'm too chicken to play with real bullets...

.......... :toothy:

[COLOR=Navy]My friend's brother played this one game when he and his friends were in woodshop.

I don't know what they called it, but object of the game was to clamp those hand clamps on your nuts and see who outlasts everyone else.

Well, my friend's little brother played it and as soon as his clamp came on....he was rolling on the floor in agony....

stupid, stupid :animesigh[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Japan_86][COLOR=Navy]My friend's brother played this one game when he and his friends were in woodshop.

I don't know what they called it, but object of the game was to clamp those hand clamps on your nuts and see who outlasts everyone else.

Well, my friend's little brother played it and as soon as his clamp came on....he was rolling on the floor in agony....

stupid, stupid :animesigh[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Wow... that's just.... wow. And OW!!!, while I'm at it...

Back in the day there used to be a game some of my friends would play wherein one would hold his hands out, and then attempt to pull them back before they got walloped by the other guy.

Over Christmas break, some of my high school friends invited me over for a 'drinking game' which involved chuggin cases of mountain dew. Not interested in either a stomach ache or staying up all night, I opted not to chug the pop. This ticked off some of the chicks, who threatened to 'make me moon a car'. How they expected to force me to do this is completely beyond me. After awhile, I got sick of them and left. In general, I am not one for games which involve physical harm. I prefer virtual meyham ;)

James Bierly

[b]Uh...I don't know why I'm admitting this, but when I was between the ages of 9 and 10, I lived in El Paso, Texas- right next to the interstate highway(I-10).[/b]

[b]I used to lay down on the shoulder and roll all the way across the highway just to tempt fate. If that ain't the stupidest game a little girl can play, I don't know what is...:nope: [/b]

[b]For those of you that don't know, I-10 is one of the largest, most-travelled interstate highways in the US- it connects Florida to California...[/b]

I can't say I've ever played anything that is as stupid as the things mentioned so far in this thread. I've thought [I]I've[/I] been bored, but apparently not as bored as other people get. What the hell were you people thinking? lol

[quote name='Generic NPC #3] I've thought [i]I've[/i'] been bored, but apparently not as bored as other people get. What the hell were you people thinking? lol[/quote][b]The point is that we [i]weren't... [/i]we were playing [i]dumb games.[/i][/b]

[b]And it wasn't out of boredom that I did it- it was more of a morbid desire to get as close to death as I possibly could... to tempt fate, as I said... if I had been bored, I would have gone swimming...:smirk: [/b]

[b]I was rather suicidal at that point in my life...what more can I say?[/b]

[b]These days, I have been known to play the afore-mentioned punching game- the one where you punch eachother in the arm 'till someone can't take another hit. I've never been able to convince another female to play it with me, though. And I reserve that one 'till I'm buzzed up pretty well...:animesigh .[/b]

[COLOR=blue][B]LOL@Generic NPC #3 XD "What the hell were you thinking?" That was just golden.[/B]

Yeah, I'm on the same boat as Generic. I can't say I've done any of those weird games. Although, to add to the list, I'll tell you about some that are (or used to be) common here.

I remember when we were doing group projects, we always ended up with one jock. He couldn't help with the project of course, but he bothered to come to the meetings anyway. What did he do, you ask? He used to ask everyone for the capital of Thailand. :rolleyes: I wonder why almost every jock plays that game? O_o

Then there's that hopping over dangerous fences (i.e., hurdle) race thing that got one kid nicknamed "One Nut." o_O

Last, I don't know many of the details of this game, but I saw the result: red flesh on finger joints, along with occassional bleeding. There's something people do at lunch tables, with a nickle, and their finger joints. Maybe hit the joints at high speeds? I don't know. People who played just had really nasty and red hands.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=blue]
Last, I don't know many of the details of this game, but I saw the result: red flesh on finger joints, along with occassional bleeding. There's something people do at lunch tables, with a nickle, and their finger joints. Maybe hit the joints at high speeds? I don't know. People who played just had really nasty and red hands.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

We always called that game bloody knuckles. You put some form of a coin on its end and flick it at the opposing persons knuckles which are held still on a desk. The fist person to bleed loses.

Needless to say i've played stupid games.

One of the oddest ones was the slapping game though. You have like 3 people and have them put there hands on top of each other in a pile. The hand on the bottom sllaps the hand on the top as hard as possible, and then then hand on the bottom does it again. Sounds easy but its actually rather painful. The first person to quit loses.

People hae been playing dumb games since people existed.

[b]I was reminded of yet another stupid game that my brother and I frequently participate in. This dumb game is a traditional right of passage in many Polynesian and Pacific Island cultures.[/b]

[b]The object of the game is to walk across a blazing fire pit- barefoot.
[b]It's dangerous, yes, but it's fun...[/b]

[b]I've only seen one person really injure himself doing this, but it wasn't the fault of the inferno- he sliced his foot open on a bottle that some idiot had thrown in the fire...[/b]
[b]... and then cauterized it on one of the scalding stones[/b]:rolleyes: .

[b]This one isn't quite as embarrassing to admit to as the "interstate-rolling" one:D .[/b][/b]

Me and some guy pals decided it would be cool to see who could jump into a soda machine the hardest. Let me tell you, its tons of fun. Just don't let the teachers find you, because thats [i]not[/i] cool at all.

I almost knocked it over, but a friend grabbed it and set it right, and that was the end of our little game.

BTW, no one won!

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]Ohh...the memories that this sparks...

I too engaged in many of the aforementioned idiotic games. Quarters (what has been described here as bloody knuckles) I remeber well, seeing as their is a small scar on my right hand which I got from playing this game.

Hot hands was also very popular. This is a 2 player game where you one player has his hands on the bottom (palm up)(known as the oven) and the other player lays his hands over the other (plams down) and whose object it is too smack the others hand before it moves away from yours. Played a game of that thet left me with a welt in the form of my friends finger on my hand.

Tipping (or Balance) was another that we engaged in. The whole point of this game was too stay flat-footed. The way we played is that we stood in front of each other, and tried to push the other over. The trick was that, if you pushed too hard, and your opponent didn't offer resistance, than you would tip over, or lose your balance.

Another was a game we would play in class. The whole point was to say an uncomfortable word [spoiler]like "penis" or "vagina"[/spoiler]. One of us would start in a very low voice, and the next person had to say it in a slightly louder voice. The goal was to say it but not have people (or the instructor) hear you say it. Whoever chickened out was the loser.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I thought of another dumb game I used to play with my best friend in HI...

We'd hitch-hike over to the Kona side of the island and sneak into the fanciest hotel in Hawai'i (and, according to Getaways of the Rich and Famous, the best vacation hotel in the world...--whatever).

We would then proceed to play the grand piano in the coy pond/arboretum/ courtyard thingie they have there-- the Mission Impossible theme song, to be precise.

As soon as we had caught the attention of the hotel staff, we'd start a chase with them, all over the hotel grounds.

Any time we'd come up to a place where there were guests, we'd hide behind a corner, humming the Mission Impossible theme song until the guests were close enough to hear. At this point, we'd jump out, point capguns and empty the caps at those poor helpless tourists.

Oh, the looks on their faces... tee hee.:animesmil

Mean, I know-- and very very dumb, yes-- but some of the fondest memories I have...

And no, the chase never ended with us getting caught-- it ended with some bellhop chucking croissants at us once, but that was the worst of it.:D

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah there were plenty of things I did to amuse myself. I remember one was, I would get up from my chair...run to the kitchen, touch the fridge...and run back as fast as I could. Sounds simple, but it kept me occupied for hours at a time! lol

Besides that, my mom co-created this game simply called Lava. She wouldn't buy me a SNES when I was little, and times I would ask her for one she would reply with "Well uh, honey we can't afford...the floor is lava!!!" and I would end up jumping on top of chairs going "What the hell is wrong with our house!!!" and just basically running all over the place on top of furniture. :D[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=dd protector]We always called that game bloody knuckles. You put some form of a coin on its end and flick it at the opposing persons knuckles which are held still on a desk. The fist person to bleed loses.

Needless to say i've played stupid games.

One of the oddest ones was the slapping game though. You have like 3 people and have them put there hands on top of each other in a pile. The hand on the bottom sllaps the hand on the top as hard as possible, and then then hand on the bottom does it again. Sounds easy but its actually rather painful. The first person to quit loses.

[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] I know someone who played bloody knuckles before and he has scars all over his hands now. Pretty gruesome, cause yeah his hands were all bloody etc. *shivers* ack I could never take that. Lots of stupid games still exist, spin the bottle, and truth or dare. I mean come on, who hasn't played Truth or Dare? Or those stupid girly games where you call up a guy and talk to him saying hes cute, and the rest of them giggle. Ok so I never really did that, but I know someone who did!

[QUOTE=dMage][COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]

Tipping (or Balance) was another that we engaged in. The whole point of this game was too stay flat-footed. The way we played is that we stood in front of each other, and tried to push the other over. The trick was that, if you pushed too hard, and your opponent didn't offer resistance, than you would tip over, or lose your balance.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

My grandma taught me how to play this one, I use to teach it to all my friends, I also use to do that handshaking thing. Not sure if anyone gets what I mean, but like you rhyme and spack your friends hands, like patty cake when I was little. lol

[QUOTE=Kazuko][size=1]
-The third game is a sort of variation of this. We walk down the halls saying "boop" at random times. Almost as if having a conversation.

-The final game I play is to randomly go "Pssst" with one friend back and forth through out of all class. We never really whisper any conversation. Just "Psst".
[/size][/QUOTE]

omg this reminds me of the stupidest game me and my friend from middleschool use to play. We'd pick a random word to say, and then we would call eachother out with it. Example, I would see her down the hallway and go "BABOOOON!" and she would go "BABBOOON!" back, meanwhile people looking at us like we're a bunch of retards. We stuck with the word baboon for awhile, and its still an inside joke with us. Nothing wrong with baboons. [/SIZE]

HA ha hah ah hah ha!! OMG! This brings back so many memories! :animesmil

in elementary school me and a few of my friends would play Canonball (or Slingshot). It starts with one person lying flat on the ground. Then, two people came; one picked up the persons arms and the other one picked up the person's legs. The two would lift the person up and swing the person back and forth. We counted to five and the two holding the person's legs would launch the kid as far as they could (or picking a target and launching the person at someone or something and see if you could hit it) he he he lol very fun times :laugh:

Another was a game the school actually had to ban and threaten students with OSS'. The game was called Red Rover. Two lines of people standing side by side faced paralell to each other. The people in the lines grabbed each others arms forming a barrier. The lines stood about 50 paces away from the other. Then going from left to right each person would chant(or in our school's case the populars) "red rover, red rover, send ____ right over" (fill in name of person of opposite line). The person could agree or not and if he/she did he had to run as hard as he could and break through the arm barrier. If he/she succeeded he went back to his line and took one person back with him/her. The game ends when the other line has no more links. This game ended with many bruises and scrapes. A few kids arms got broken...but it was very fun! :animesmil

My 10th grade year in highschool I went to a party. My friends' boyfriends and mine got drunk and left to go do stuff cause they were bored.(We had to run because to pigs crashed the party so we were walking around town) So we (my friends) decided to start walking home. Then, when a semi past us we heard a slpat. We went back and found that our boyfriends had some how got unto the roof of a building with paint cans. They were throwing painted-filled paint cans at trucks... :animeswea and laughing their butts off. Me and my friends laughed a bit too. We were so caught up in the moment that we didn't pay attention to our surroundings. Our boyfriends went to jail...

[quote name='Kurai Ookami']Another was a game the school actually had to ban and threaten students with OSS'. The game was called Red Rover. Two lines of people standing side by side faced paralell to each other. The people in the lines grabbed each others arms forming a barrier. The lines stood about 50 paces away from the other. Then going from left to right each person would chant(or in our school's case the populars) "red rover, red rover, send ____ right over" (fill in name of person of opposite line). The person could agree or not and if he/she did he had to run as hard as he could and break through the arm barrier. If he/she succeeded he went back to his line and took one person back with him/her. The game ends when the other line has no more links. This game ended with many bruises and scrapes. A few kids arms got broken...but it was very fun! :animesmil [/quote]

Hey i remember this game! It was never actually that bloody at our school but when we got all of the grades playing it got pretty dangerous. We had it banned to.

Another stupid game we still play is played with just the 'goths' at the school. We stand in certain parts of the hall on both sides and whisper and point at certain groups as they walk by. freaks em right out. :animeswea

Stupid games eh?....Yes, I have played them...several...quarters...Basically you need to keep the coin spinning and if you cause it to stop you lay your knuckles down onto the hard surface and they like...fling the coin at yout knuckles...needless to say after a while it hurts like hell, I think the rule was the first to bleed on the table lost...basic elimination.

The only other one I remember was bloody knuckles..(I must have a fetish for knuckle pain since I also crack them all the time) and bloody knuckles...well I think everyone knows that game...

[QUOTE=elfpirate][b]Uh...I don't know why I'm admitting this, but when I was between the ages of 9 and 10, I lived in El Paso, Texas- right next to the interstate highway(I-10).[/b]

[b]I used to lay down on the shoulder and roll all the way across the highway just to tempt fate. If that ain't the stupidest game a little girl can play, I don't know what is...:nope: [/b]

[b]For those of you that don't know, I-10 is one of the largest, most-travelled interstate highways in the US- it connects Florida to California...[/b][/QUOTE]

Wow.....YOU ARE MY LEADER!!!!!!!!! I WISH I WAS AS BRAVE AND AS STUPID AS YOU!!!!!! :love2:

I forgot to mention that I've also played Mumblypeg and this game simply titled hand/wrist-tug-of-war...that name still strikes fear in my heart to this very day...
You play by two people grabbing each other's wrist and tug as hard as you can until someone forfeits. It may sound wimpy and childish...but if you play it the [I]right[/I]
way (or maybe it's the [I]wrong[/I] way) it's a real ordeal.
::Holds up left hand:: I know you can't see this but part of my wrist bone sticks up quite grotesquely when I bend my hand down like so...::bends hand down::
GROTESQUE PROTRUSION OF BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This, my friends is why people should avoid any games of or related to hand/wrist-tug-of-war.

[quote name='Xander Harris']chuggin' cases of mountain dew.[/quote]

Ah, come on, aren't you supposed to play D&D? How can you do that and [i]not[/i] make a point of drinking ridiculous amounts of Holy Water all in one sitting?

Ah, yes, Skippedry...that game is endless fun, yet utterly moronic. I'm not exactly sure what people call it here, though. Something along the lines of, "Let's smack each other's hands at intervals determined by the outcome of a series of rock-paper-scissors games and see who gives up first...!"

Another pretty stupid, yet endlessly entertaining, game is Contact Duck Duck Goose.

Basically, it's Duck Duck Goose, but, instead of simply racing, you maliciously...redirect your oponent. This involves actually picking them up, if they're small enough, and chucking them. Or just kneeing them in the balls, providing they're a dude, then trampling them to get to the empty space first.

This is proof that "old fashioned", "wholesome" games are [i]way[/i] more violent and destructive (both physically and mentally) than video games.

Therefore, that Jack Thompson guy, or whatever his name is, can go screw himself.