OtakuBoards

While My Guitar Gently Weeps [M-LVS]

Lilt

[center][i][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]I look at you all see the love there that?s sleeping[/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[center][i][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]While my guitar gently weeps.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[center][i][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]I don?t know why nobody told you[/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[center][i][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]How to unfold your love,[/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[center][i][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]I don?t know how someone controlled you[/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[center][i][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]They bought and sold you...[/color][/size][/font][/b][/i][/center]
[center][b][i][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b] [/center]
[center][b][i][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/i][/b] [/center]

[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]A sandy blond girl watched as snow fell softly on the city of New London, ( No one's sure of its original name, but it was rumored to be New York.) Taking her gloved hands out of her jacket pockets, she leans over her balcony railing and looks at the moon that's almost completely swallowed up by the clouds. Running the plan through her head one more time, she knows that there's no turning back now. If she doesn't go through with it, she'll regret it the rest of her life.[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]It's December and will soon be the year 3000. The U.E.N. (United European Nations) Have taken over the entire world. Literally, and culturally. In order to keep everything under control, they have taken away three things that used to be very dear to people. One, free speech. Two, the decision to play whatever music you choose. And probably the worst of all, the choice to love whomever you want. The reason behind taking away free speech is obvious. (An empire can be built on protests, but it's not a sturdy foundation.) But since music affects people so strongly, and it could be used as a way to protest, the U.E.N. were quick to control it. And because of overpopulation problems, the U.E.N. instituted the Predestined Love Law. That way, they can make sure that there are no unplanned pregnancies. (They spread rumors of diseases that you can catch even by just kissing someone that hasn't been planned for you to love.) At first, everyone fought these laws, but after years of reasoning with the U.E.N. The people gave up.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]But even today, almost a thousand years since the U.E.N.'s takeover, there are people who want to make changes in the world. Wynn Terbel is one of these people. She has a plan on how to make these changes, but she won't be able to do it alone. An underground guitarist, Wynn has to put together a band to play for the once in a lifetime, Millenium Festival. But she's going to have to pick the members carefully. For they will help her spread the truth behind the U.E.N.'s lies. And in order to do that, they will have to be trustworthy beyond a doubt...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Wynn watched her breath one more time, and went inside and turned on her computer. Now was the time to find her band members. She looked over at a picture that was taped to her monitor, but not because she wanted it to be there. It was the law that it should be put in her house in plain view. It was the photo of her future husband, Nathan Watts. He was two years older than she was, and they never really got along too well when they were together. When she looked at that picture, she was reminded about the U.E.N.'s plan for her love life.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][b]Citizen Terbel, Wynter. Aged sixteen years, sex female.[/b][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][b]Will lose her virginity to Citizen Watts, Nathan, at the age of eighteen. Will marry him one year later, and have three children.[/b][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]It made her sick to think about it. She lifted the picture of Nathan up, to reveal a smaller, but more important photo underneath. The photo of who she was actually going to fall in love with. No matter what the U.E.N. said.[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font] [/center]

[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][b]~*~*~*~*~*~[/b][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/b] [/center]

[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]After she logged in, using her voice password, Wynn clicked her mouse a couple of times on an icon that looked like a bell. A light flickered from a device on top of her monitor, and she looked into it. Soon, she blacked out.[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#4169e1]When she came to, a couple of seconds later. She was in a classroom. She looked at her hands, they were semi-transparent as usual. The makers of the school-sim program did this so that the teachers could tell the real students from the ones visiting over the MasterNet. The U.E.N. got rid of all the schools, but one in Berlin. That way, they could keep a closer eye on what the men and women of the future were taught before they became active members in society. Wynn played with a couple of holographic items on her desk, and then decided to take a nap, until the rest of the students - real or otherwise - came to class.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left] [/left]

[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#4169e1][b]OOC: Sorry everyone that this is starting out a bit slow, but I'll be able to speed it up later.[/b][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[color=red][size=1]Dante looked around, his red overcoat open. He pulled it together, buttoning it up. The U.E.N. get pissed if they find people who are trying to look "avaiable." However, Dante wasn't tied to anyone, so he had more freedom than everyone. He didn't believe the commuinst bullshit about diseases from loving someone that they don't tell you to. God made it so you could love anyone. Your neighbor, your friend, your classmate...

Dante's black cargo pants were less snug around his legs now that he had ran the last five blocks that he had been walking. He wanted to get to school early. People would wonder in the past why he'd want to do that. But in the future, things change. Life changed, Religon changed. He changed.

The doors beeped as the motion sensors confirmed it was a student, and swung back with a hydrolic hiss. Shoes striking the marble floors, he ran to his locker, jamming everything inside the computerized mechanism. [i]Goddamn computers, gonna take over the world like in that film that was made a thousand fucking years ago.[/i] Dante never said this out loud, though.

Turning on his heel, he walked into the classroom to find one student, Wynn Terbel, asleep. He sat down in the desk beside her, putting his hand on her shoulder, pushing her awake gently.

[b]"Hey, Wynn. Don't want the teach to catch ya asleep, do yah?"[/b] He asked, white hair clouding his greyish blue eyes, a smile on his face. He pulled his hand away, the open fingered glove slidiing gently. He may not be able to have free speeh, but no one could tell him he couldn't dress in the way he wanted.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Slipping on a random t-shirt, Ann ruffled her hair a bit before approving of today's "look". Jumping into her computer chair, she spun around as it turned on. When at the desktop, she stopped her spinning and guided the mouse along the mouse pad. Double-clicking on a lone icon, she felt herself falling gently to the floor before loosing all conciousness.

Reopening her eyes, she found herself at a bike rack. [b]"Ann!"[/b] She turned around after hearing her name, but saw no one she recognized. Pausing, she waited for it again, but nothing came. Shrugging, she chose one of the bikes and rode off with it.

Quietly humming to herself, she turned a sharp corner absent-mindedly and found herself at the school not four blocks farther. Dumping the bike on the steps, she cooly skipped up the steps and into the building.

[b]"You there,"[/b] came a familiar, robotic voice. [b]"Aye?"[/b] There was a long pause. For some strange reason, the U.E.N., while ruling the world, skipped over the number of words the automated security robot could respond to. Taking this excellent opportunity, as she always did, Ann glided away, leaving the glitch behind her.

Sliding open the familiar classroom door, Ann discovered two students. [b]"'Ello, 'ello!"[/b] she gawked in that silly fake British accent she teased with in the mornings. Dante gave her a kind smile, but waved her away when she began poking at his hair again.

[b]"Why do you always do that?"[/b] he sighed.

[b]"Force o' habit. Still ain't used to 'ow white it is, mate,"[/b] Ann returned, grinning and taking a seat on her desk instead of in her chair. [b]"Morning, Ann,"[/b] sighed a drowzy Wynn. Patting her on the head, Ann whispered a friendly 'Hello'.

[b]"Booooored,"[/b] she moaned after a long pause, dropping the accent. [b]"Entertain yourself, then. And [i]not[/i] with my head,"[/b] added Dante, giving her a warning look. [b]"Who.. Me?"[/b] Ann asked innocently.

Laughing outloud at her own pointless antics, she then took a seat in her chair and stared blankly at the teacher's desk, waiting for another boring day to begin.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

OOC: I'm going to use 'red' as Mercedes color, just because she wears it all the time. :) THis should be fun.

[size=1][color=red]Mercedes sighed, staring at her screen. Tumbled blonde hair fell in messy waves down her back, and she leaned back in her chair, reaching reluctantly for her wireless mouse. She paused looking to the picture of her ?fiancé?. He was about average height, soft, dark brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, and a soft smile. A to-die-for guy, no doubt ? just not the type Mercedes was looking for. And he didn?t exactly like her, either. With that in mind, she smiled, and then clicked on the icon in the top right corner of her screen before instantly blanking out.

She stood outside the school building in her usual red spaghetti-strap top, red harem pants, sandals, and red track jacket with white lines down the arms. The hood was up over her blonde hair, and her eyes sparkled. She was one of the best looking girls in school, and she knew it. Her outfit didn?t show too much skin, though; the administration could do nothing about it.

Walking up the stairs, matching red messenger bag slung casually over her shoulder, she didn?t bother to stop at her locker. She went right ahead to her classroom, and spotted a trio of people. She didn?t usually associate with them, but she had taken a liking to the silver-haired hunk, Dante. So, today, Mercedes went over to the group, and pushed back her hood, smiling broadly.

?[b]Morning, Wynn, Dante, Ann.[/b]?

The trio looked up, slightly surprised at her coming over. Mercedes laughed. ?[b]Wynn, you look a little tired.[/b]?[/size][/color]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Soon, when the rest of the students arrived, history class started. Mr. Dugas got right into talking about the Free Love Disease, and how the U.E.N. took care of it.[/color][/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]"And you see, if it weren't for the U.E.N., none of us would be here today..."[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Wynn couldn't take it anymore. She knew it was a stupid idea, but she stood up from her desk.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][b]"That's a lie!"[/b] She interrupted.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]The teacher stopped and glared at her. He tried to continue teaching, but Wynn started to sing. She always thought that her voice sounded like someone kicking a wet puppy, but she didn't care.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font]
[center][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]"Destiny, destiny protect me from the world.
Destiny, hold my hand, protect me from the world.
Here we are with our running and confusion,
and I don't see no confusion anywhere.

And if the world does turn and if London burns,
I'll be standing on the beach with my guitar.
I want to be in a band when I get to heaven,
anyone can play guitar and they won't be a nothing any more."[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center]
[center][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font] [/center]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Before Wynn could start on the next verse, her body started to fade. And just before her voice faded along with it, she spoke to Ann, Dante, Mercedes, and the rest of her trusted friends, so that only they could hear it.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]"Guys! Check out the Dark Moon channel on the Master..."[/color][/size][/font][/b][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Wynn disappeared from the classroom.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]The teenage girl, soon woke back up in front of her computer.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][b][i]"Well, that was stupid. But I never thought that they would actually close my holo-connection to the school. I'd better move fast"[/i][/b] She thought.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Wynn logged onto the MasterNet, and posted a message in her Dark Moon channel. It wasn't a private channel, so just to be safe, she left her message somewhat cryptic.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[center][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Message posted by user: Wynnter Bell[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center]
[center][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font][/b] [/center]
[center][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Hey, everyone. I'm just a girl trying to find a stairway to heaven. Let me know if you can help. And before you decide that I'm just some stupid newbie, remember that words sometimes have two meanings.[/color][/size][/font][/b][/center]
[center][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue][/color][/size][/font][/b] [/center]
[left][font=Verdana][size=2][color=royalblue]Satisfied, Wynn logged off. That should get the attention of only the people who would understand the message. The rest, like the U.E.N. administrators, would think she was talking about a game or something.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[color=red][size=1]"Wynn!" Dante yelled, as her imaged faded. "Shit." Just for the hell of it, and to join Wynn in being temporarly being banned from school, Dante hooked himself upto the PA system, and began to sing.

[center][b][i]I dig my toes into the sand
The Ocean looks like A thousand diamonds stretched across a blue plain
I lean against the wind
Pretend that I am weightless
And in this moment, I am happy
Happy

I
Wish you were here
I wish
I wish you were here
I wish you were here
I
Wish you were
Here...

I lay my head into the sand
The sky resembles a backlight canopy with holes punched in it
I'm counting UFO's
I signal them with my lighter
And in this moment, I am Happy
Happy...[/center][/b][/i]

Dante, too, began to fade. With a smirk, he yelled to Mr. Dugas

"You were destined to love a cow, but you traded in in order to teach this bullshit." Dante's lips were upward in a giant smirk before fading. Dante logged into MasterNet. He checked Channel Dark Moon, and saw Wynnter Bell's post. Dante got into her profile, and then sent her a Private Message.

"I'm just a Rebellion without a cause, but I've traversed the Stairway to Hell, so the one to heaven shouldn't be so hard to find."[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=red]Mercedes decided she wouldn't take this bullshit. She stood, and her own voice rang out as Dante's faded.

[center][b]They say music can alter moods and talk to you
Well can it load a gun up for you and cock it too?
Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude
Just tell the judge it was my fault, and I?ll get sued
See what these kids do, is hear about us totin' pistols
And they want to get one, cos they think this shit's cool
Not knowin' we're really just protectin' ourselves
We're entertainers; of course this shit's affecting our sales
You ignoramus.

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me now, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away.[/center][/b]

She grinned, and began to fade. Her last words were:

"[b]You fuckwits might want to get your facts straight - I know we won't put up with it longer![/b]"

She woke up in her chair, and blinked before reading Wynn's message.[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Ann watched her companions exit in their extravagant performances, leaving her to follow them. [b]"You're kidding.."[/b] She hated singing. It wasn't what she was good at. If only she had her guitar and an amp, she could blow the entire roof of the school. But no. She was stuck in her desk, recieving anticipating stares and angry looks, all daring her to be as dramatic as her friends.

[b]"What do you want me to do, you shitheads?! [i]Sing[/i] for you? I don't think so.."[/b] Ann growled. Standing up on her desk, she began jumping from desk to desk, all the way to the teacher's desk in the front of the room. Standing up on it, she stared at him for what seemed like ages. All the while, he shrunk lower and lower towards the ground, fearful of what she might do.

With a laugh, Ann leaned down to him. [b]"Dumbshit.. I'm a hologram."[/b] Mr. Dugas then began to chuckle nervously, scratching his head and beginning to stand back up. But suddenly, she grabbed him around the collar and smashed him into the chalkboard, now jumping onto his chair and leaning it over oh so gently.

[b]"But that doesn't mean I can't beat the living shit out of you,"[/b] she growled. But still, she thought it best not to. Afterall, why bother getting in more trouble than she had to? It would just mean more hassal for her. She just wanted to cause a big enough uproar for her to get disconnected.

Letting him go, she turned to his desk, flipped it over, then ran around the classroom throwing papers around, knocking kids over in their seats, and taking a few things for herself. Through all the mayhem and the students' shouting and hollaring, a frightened Mr. Dugas sat motionless in his chair.

Beginning to hum patiently, she saw her hands slowly fading. [b]"Finally.. Jeez,"[/b] she muttered. Looking towards one of the many cameras the U.E.N. placed in her classroom, she gave it the finger and then threw an electric pencil sharpener at it. [b]"Fuckheads. Singing isn't my thing,"[/b] she shouted before she was completely gone.

Waking up on the floor of her room, she let out a laugh. [b]"That was fun. Hope ole' Mr. D. doesn't give me extra homework,"[/b] she coughed before logging back into the MasterNet to read what Wynn had to say.[/SIZE][/COLOR]