OtakuBoards

Opinions

Vegitto4

Do any of you guys think it is right to get in a fight over an opinion that you had. It makes no sense to me because its just an opinion, and as long as you dont force it over on somebody like it is fact, then it shouldn't matter. I will explain reason for this thread after i read some other ppls. opinions on this one.

that works, but I told a frien of mine about the opinion that I had about interracial dating. I honestly dont like it because if a person limits themselves to just one race, whether it be black, white, hispanic, indian, chinese, japanese, or any other race, then it is wrong. This friend of mine, she will choose a Black Guy over a white guy any day, and I know some black people who will choose a White person over a black person any day. and now because i voiced my opinion, i am about to get my ***** kicked by one of the biggest black guys who it has nothing to do with. and its over an opinion. which makes it even stupider, she and everyone else can have there own opinion, and fighting dosen't need to happen over any opinion. even though it has in the past, that dosen't make it right.

Guest Voodookanaka
should u ram planes into buildiing coz their opinions are different to yours, should u bomb ppl coz their opnions are different to yours...thats the way the world works.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i]
[B]should u ram planes into buildiing coz their opinions are different to yours, should u bomb ppl coz their opnions are different to yours...thats the way the world works. [/B][/QUOTE]
there's more than just an opinion to cause all that.
or the opinions can be offensive

All arguements, fights, wars, and anyother thing you can think of circle around 2 things.
1. Opinion
2. Religion

It has, is, and will always be that way. Opinion can serve many purposes, whether they be good or bad. There's nothing you can do about it unless you wish to become a mute.

Guest Voodookanaka
your looking from an ethnocentic point of view, I doubt theres anyone here that can truelly look at it from a non ethnocentric view, but I can understand it. everything is opinions.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]All arguements, fights, wars, and anyother thing you can think of circle around 2 things.
1. Opinion
2. Religion

It has, is, and will always be that way. Opinion can serve many purposes, whether they be good or bad. There's nothing you can do about it unless you wish to become a mute. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually all wars and arguments are fought over Religion and Politics.... which, you are right, contains MANY different opinions.... and in alot of cases many different facts.... And both of which are the most corrupt things in all the world... which is probably why wars are foughts over the opinions residing from both Politics and Religion.

I believe you should stand up for your opinion.... but if you are to do so, you must have evidence to help you.... being opinionated is like writing an essay.... you just don't say you opinion then leave it at that..... you have to back it up.... you must have body paragraphs to support your opinion or it just won't work...and people won't accept it.... It's like racism.... why are people racist... because of the color of nes skin... thats not evidence to support yourself... thats an opinion supporting an opinion.... which is just stupid thus racism is stupid..... When you have no proof to back yourself up, your opinion is as useless as the next.

[color=crimson][b][size=1]fighting for your opinion is good till it starts hurting people...

Some opinions i dont understand... and some i dont respect... like racists...

But.... Fighting for a opinion is ok as longas you dont hurt people... it's your opinion and as a human you think it is right....

Some opinions arent worth fighting over tho.... i'm goin in circles aint i.... eheh......

Oh well...

But i say fight for your opinion..... [/color][/b][/size]

Stand up for your convictions. I have to do it all the time. I'm 100% straight-edge, I'm quite familiar w/ standing my ground. It can be hard, but you become a stronger person. Some opinions, like beliefs and anything else you value, ought to be voiced when appropriate. And then some things you just have to let go..... you have to choose your battles wisely....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]All arguements, fights, wars, and anyother thing you can think of circle around 2 things.
1. Opinion
2. Religion

It has, is, and will always be that way. Opinion can serve many purposes, whether they be good or bad. There's nothing you can do about it unless you wish to become a mute. [/B][/QUOTE]

And property, and money!

No, getting in a fight over an opinion is stupid...unless this opinion is something that actually hurts someone, such as slavery./....

ok, look, there seems to be some confusion that I am a racist. by all means I am NOT a racist, i am friends with lots of people that are not of my race, but i still do not belioeve that limiting youself to one race is good. its just that my variety dosen't include the African American Some are pretty, but every one of them that i have come across has treated their significant other like crap, I am not saying that its every one that God created, but all the ones that have dated my friends. I think, as i said before, that a White person should not limit themself to a black person, nor a Black to a White, or any other race, they all should not limit themselves to a specific race. and thats what this girl is doing. and i am about to get jumped for my opinion. now, does my opinion make sense, why or why not, and should i be jumped for it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]Stand up for your convictions. I have to do it all the time. I'm 100% straight-edge, I'm quite familiar w/ standing my ground. It can be hard, but you become a stronger person. Some opinions, like beliefs and anything else you value, ought to be voiced when appropriate. And then some things you just have to let go..... you have to choose your battles wisely.... [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]YA!! sXe for life!!!! I know where you come from, Anna. Being a straight-edge is hard work, especially in todays day and age. I've had to voice my ways loud and clear many a times, and they know to let me be me when I start doing that too :D (probably cause they're too drunk or high or whatever to conintue arguing, lol) But yes, I enjoy voicing my opinions, but only when neccessary. :)[/SIZE]

I agree that voicing your opinions is good. But i am being told that mine was not necesary, but it actually was, because if it wasn't, I was afraid that she was going to get hurt so bad that she wouldn't be able to live with it, and that might have happened. But i still agree with all of you.