OtakuBoards

Who was your first love?

C.Azul

I remember about two years ago when I was crazy about this girl named brenda. She was all I can think of. I tried to talk to her but she kept running away. She used to talk bad behind my back and she would play jokes on me, but I didn't care because I really liked her. My friends would always tell me that there are plenty girls around to ask out but I didn't listen to them. I was so into her. But something happened that I rather not talk about it that it made me realize how much of a jackass I was. Everytime I looked at her, I would just look away in disgust. Now I don't feel nothing for her. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen her in years. I guess first loves are feelings that would eventually vanish over time.

[SIZE=1]Well, a question I would like to pose to everyone is... how exactly do you know you've found true love? I'm only 15, so I'm guessing my last crush was only a really big crush and nothing more. I suppose people say "you know love when you see it." Care to explain?[/SIZE]

My first "serious" love was this year. He decided to end it yesturday :animesigh But I'm very angry about it because yesturday was my birthday! :mad: But as they say, first loves never last.

Retribution, some people say that whole "you'll know when you see them" deal, and maybe it's true, sometimes you'll find love in the most unexpecting places. But it's best to find someone you have a lot in common with other than how they look, even though that can be a plus side! ;)

[SIZE=1]Do you mean like puppy love first love? I remember when I was 12 I had my first little crush named John who I thought I "loved" but he ended up ditching me weeks later. You know how that is. The point is alot of people consider there first love different, as far as my first love goes, I've been dating the same guy since I was 13 years old and I'm 17 now. That's 5 years and still going strong so whenever this relationship ends well, that'll be it. If ever, if it happens it happens. [/SIZE]

It appears we have a couple of different lines of questioning going on in this thread. Make sure you guys address both. I would hate to see the quality in this thread slip. ;)

My first love. I would have to say that my very first love was a crush I had that started back in the 3rd grade. I had this huge crush and I never did anything about it. I think I had this crush for years and years. I mean, all the way through high school. Of course by that time it wasn't a major crush like it was back in grade school. It faded. Oh the memories. I don't think anyone ever forgets their "first love".

As for true love, I really believe that you will know it when you experience it. When I met John, who is now my husband, I was 16 years old and I [b]knew[/b] he was the man I was going to marry. He is my soul mate and I knew it once I met him. Mind you we became best friends first. Which really is the important thing. Being married to your best friend is really an amazing thing. I have always felt like it was meant to be. Being with him always felt natural...normal.

I have a difficult time explaining it. The best I can do is say it's like this. The relaxed feeling you get when you are hanging out in your bedroom, surrounded by the things that make you feel happy and comfortable...that is what it feels like to be with your true love. A warm, safe, happy and comforting feeling. That is what true love feels like for me.

...Love? ...What is this Love you speak of?

Yes i am a geek, and around here, no one likes geeks except, well other geeks...heh :animeswea
I couldn't care less about love right now and im 16. :animeswea *sigh* "no life"
I more happy now than i could ever be. why **** that up?
Its not like i dont have any friends and im a social outcast. I got enough friends. As stated before, im happy, Why **** that up? heh.. i just said that didnt i...

before i make myself look any more retarded,

Im out

[size=1][color=slategray]True love... my god... It is hard to explain, but Panda pretty much hit it on the head. I love my family, but it is only family love. There is one person I know that I love from the depths of my soul. Faith, yeah, I guess that could be part of it. True love: you love that person no matter what they do, say, or who they act like. Because you just seem to KNOW who they really are. There is only one person who does that for me, and she is my best friend. As much as she tries to hide from the rest of the world, and tries to say I don't really know her, I know I do. It's something you just can' say no too. I grew into that love; it wasn't an all at once thing. THe more I got to know her, the more I loved her, and now, after four or five eyars, that love is unconditional.

Now... my first crush? Geez, way back in 2nd grader. ^_^; A boy named Adrien, about a year younger than me. Very rough and loved climbing trees and such. He was always funny, real nice to me, but kind of rude to everyone else. Geez, that was funny.

My current boyfriend... John, I like him a lot. A lot. I don't quite truly love him - yet. I've only known him for, maybe two years? And I only get to see him occasionally, like at church when we go, to things like Pagan Pride, or a big picnic. But I'm pretty sure I'll love him. He's a good guy.[/size][/color]

My first love was Matt. I met him at work and we started dating about six months later. We were together 2-3 years.

Anyway, I did love him, but I came to the conclusion that we just couldn't have a healthy relationship.

I suppose to believe in "true love" you would have to believe in "soulmates." I'm sure whether I believe in either of those things or not. I believe for a relationship to work you must be compatible with your partner and willing to put forth the effort to make that relationship work for the both of you. Some people, like Matt, aren't ready to do that, and that is when you have to move on.

[quote name='Retribution][SIZE=1']Well, a question I would like to pose to everyone is... how exactly do you know you've found true love? I'm only 15, so I'm guessing my last crush was only a really big crush and nothing more. I suppose people say "you know love when you see it." Care to explain?[/SIZE][/quote][QUOTE][color=#ff6600]I do believe that kids--yeah, even the twelve and thirteen-year-olds who come to OB desperately asking for advice--know what love is. Let me qualify--they know what love is [i]to them, at that point in their lives.[/i]

It's a dynamic concept. It changes as you grow up, as you mature, as you fall in and out of it, as you watch others and their experiences, as you live your own experiences.

Can an 18-year-old possibly comprehend a 40-year-old's definition of love? Of course not. Can even a 20-year-old capture the thrill and innocence of being in love for the first time at age 13? Nope.

As several have pointed (and repointed) out, there are dozens of reasons why this thread is subjective. What Jun-Woo just said: "[color=darkviolet]All of your answers, indeed, are correct. But they also prove my point as to say that you can't boil it down to just one thing. Love is one of those exceptions that cannot be "truely defined". And so each individual has their own meaning.[/color]" is true.

You shouldn't tell someone that they aren't really in love. Don't tell someone they don't know what "real love" is. If someone says he is in love, at that moment, at that point in his life, he is in love. He may look back in six months and wonder what on earth he was thinking. He may not. But...it's not your place to contradict him. [/color][/QUOTE][color=indigo]I've had a lot of crushes in my life. My cousin and I had plans to marry each other, once. We were three. :) Cute, huh?

I've never "persued" anyone I've had a crush on--or even, until this most recent chapter of my young life, [i]admitted[/i] it to him.

As for first loves never lasting...I wouldn't say it's a matter of which love is the first, but simply that people "fall in love" so young. When do kids start going out with people? When they're twelve? Fourteen? Goodness, I can't even stand the person [i]I[/i] was at fourteen. Teenage years are, at the risk of sounding horribly clichéd and possibly being lynched, years of "growth and discovery." You change so much, and learn so much about yourself, what you want to do, who you are. Asking yourself to deal with your own changes as well as those of a significant other--well, it's a lot.

You could find someone you think you could love forever, at fifteen. But you're changing, and s/he's changing--by the time you're seventeen, what have you got left in common but the fact you dated once? [/color]

[quote name='Lore][color=indigo']I've had a lot of crushes in my life. My cousin and I had plans to marry each other, once. We were three. :) Cute, huh? [/color][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I had a cousin like that, lol. Glad to know there is yet another way to relate to Miss Sara.

As for me, my first love was named Jeffery. And we grew up together. Our parents were friends and we had known each other for so long, he was at my first birthday party. His little sister ended up being my best friend. When we were really young, I used to play with them, but then I didn't see them for years. Then all of sudden about the sixth grade we were reunited and it was so blissful. I just KNEW that Jeffery was the one. We dated on and off ALL during middle school, which was sort of weird seeing as how we went to different schools and such and he was good at "cheating" on me. But I was so obsessed with him. He was my Han Solo and I was Princess Leia. When we were together he would make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. It was a good feeling at that age, I would think. So pure and nothing sexual.

Then he started getting into the "pretty girls," girls with nice hair, tight clothes, and lots of make-up. We just weren't meant to be. We settled down being BEST friends and I can happily say that I still feel love for him in my heart, even though we haven't spoken in years. He went into the military, so I'm not sure exactly how he's doing, but I heard he's got himself a nice girlfriend. And hey, I got myself a nice boyfriend, so it's all happy and such.

I do miss his friendship, though. And the nights where we would stay up ALL NIGHT playing Tekken 2 at my Aunt's or watch Star Wars like there was no tomorrow. Sadness.[/color][/size]

Cousin love? Eeeeeeeeeew. :D

I never really had crushes growing up. Everyone was kind of gender neutral as far as I was concerned. I didn't want a girlfriend for most of my life, serious or not. They always seemed like far more trouble than they were worth. My first actual girlfriend confirmed that. The only reason I went out with her was because she wouldn't lay off at all. I just conceded. Bad idea.

The first girl I actually loved was way in Ohio. About a seven hour drive. I got to visit her a few times, but for the most part it was incredibly difficult. She didn't have a car, we were both in college and etc etc. It kind of just had to fall apart.

First Love? none yet, Love is so strong, I haven't ment anyone who qualifies as a "love" yet.

First fiance (1st grade was great)? O my, I must have been seven, I remember she was 8, because I was teased for liking older women. Anyway, we hung out all the time at school, and eventually came into the habit of kissing in that... blank period between class and lunch. These puppy pecks hardly count as real kisses, but it was really awesome to me as a seven year old.

Most girls I meet that I could fall in love with, I am only around for a few days, thus I don't know. Like Conference last year, I met a girl who was on the same page as I was on so many levels, alas I only had five days with her, so I never found out. I'd bet any money the same will happen sometime this summer.

I haven't had any loves that really lasted that long, but I've had a few crushes here and there. There was a girl I was madly in love with who went to summer camp with me when I was 10 but she got freaked out when I told her my feelings. Then at the beginning of this school year there was a girl I liked in my class who I decided to wait on telling her but word leaked out and things didn't go so well. I basically gave up on her this year. Now there's this boy who's kind of cute that I'm trying to get to know.

Then there's Jasmine Trias (a hot American Idol contestant from last year) and a bunch of anime characters who I find hot, but that's another story! :animesmil

My first love was just recently. He was the boyfriend I went out with for the shortest period of time. He was amazing in so many ways. The way he held me, the way he talked to me, the way he protected me. Yes, he loved me. But he loved his ex more.

He dumped me twice for her. And now I think he may hate me, even thoguh we're still friends. But I've tried, again and again, to let go of my feelings for him. Two months have passed and the feelings are still there. And I miss him, miss him bad. Its so horrible and cliche. Oh well, that's what happens when you're a teenager, right?

I thought I felt love back when I was a kid. That went horrible and I can blame almost all of my mental problems on it. -_-

[COLOR=Blue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]My first love....

Lol...

*Blushes*

Was actually Future Trunks from DBZ.

No joke. I was seriously in love with him. I used to imagine him always being around. (*thinks* Oh my god this is so embarassing) I used to talk to him and roleplay scenes out of DBZ with my own character by myself in my room.

*sigh* I was just another obsessed fangirl....[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]First time I thought I was in love was someone was when I was...six. Yeah, I think I was about six and there was this guy, he was one year older than me, and he was [I]so cool[/I]. Well, I thought so at the time. He was like the bad boy of kindergarten, I'm serious here, that was the only reason I liked him. Because he was popular, shallow, eh?

I think it was nearing the end of Primary School that I fell in love again. But this wasn't some silly crush, I think I loved him for three years ^_^;; When I moved away from South Africa I was heart broken that I'd never had the guts to ask him out, we still e-mailed each other for a couple of months but we've lost contact now. Sad, really, he was an amazing guy.

Next real feeling of love was Talon (Legacy), I think he is now, that lasted for a good long time and even though I don't have feelings for him any more, I can't deny the fact that I really was in love with him.

Now, of course, we have ULX. Heh, known him for about nine months? Maybe ten? I don?t know, but I feel so comfortable around him it's like we can talk about anything together. Sure, there are some things I wouldn't want him to know, but in the majority it's fine. He's like my best friend as well as my boyfriend. It's strange, each time I fall 'in love' with someone it feels different. Like, 'No, Jamie, this time you are in love, last time you weren't'

Heh, damn hormones.

For true love, I'd say there is a love out there for everyone; it's just finding them that?s the problem. I guess there is a feeling you get, even online, when you're chatting with someone. Like you know this person is going to mean something to you, I got that when I first started talking to ULX all those ages ago, guess it's just human instinct.[/SIZE]

Man, even though I'm still only 17 I can honestly say I fell in love twice. Both of these girls were my best friends before I developed feelings for them of course in between I went out with ppl before and after too not so many but you know.. I knew it was love because there was something different it was a deeper feeling. Like anything else when it goes un-nurtured love does die off or rather fades away. Even though we lost our friendship due to circumstances taht are very complicated and will not be discussed I never forgot and will never forget how great it felt on our good days and how much brighter life in general was even though its just fine right now thats all it is fine.
I think to believe in "true love" you have to believe in fate. I'm more for the belief that any love can be your last your "true" love. Its all up to how everything goes it could go wrong or go right but there will be more and eventually you'll get it right.

Hmm, my first real love had to be this british dude v.v' Yeah he was on drugs ,moody and had tattoos but damn he was soooooo perfect in my eyes. Just every word that came out of his mouth made me even more crazy about him....But later when i started to like this band that I didn't know he liked, he got all paranoid and said I was copying him then he told me "I'll never speak to you again....." o.o' But now I think about it, he wasn't worth my time.

[COLOR=Blue]I met her in second grade. She was the daughter of my teacher, her name was Audrey. She was very pretty and smart. I liked her, and she was my biggest fan. She liked my stories and my drawings. But one day, her folks split up. I didn't see her again until I got to my home towns high school. I was the cafeteria looking around, happy to be there, when out of no where, a voice said "Hey Mike." I turned around. "Huh? Who?" There was this girl standing there. She was a little plump, and had short red hair. She was wearing all black, with studded braclets on her arms. And she smelled like cigerettes, and beer. "Uhh..." She smiled. "You don't regonize me?" "Umm..." "It' s me. Audrey. Audrey Sheehan." Then I regonized her. I was very happy to see her again. "Where ya been?" She asked. "Long story." I replied. "Well, it was good to see ya. See ya later." And that was that. Audrey changed. Alot. She overwent a personality change after her parents broke up. I have no idea what happened to her. But a freind of mine says she's been all over the place, and been fired from many jobs, for her temper. And now he says she's on alot of drugs like Speed, and Coke. But he likes to essagurate. I havn't seen her since.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

I've never had a first love. I've had plenty of first crushes and people who it could have developed into love, but never a first love so to speak. The only true love I have experianced is the love for a cherished friend and for a cherished family member. Although I cared for some of the guys I dated, we never did get to the point where I felt that deeply for them. I liked them but didn't love them.

I can imagine what it must be like though as I can't imagine my life with out the friends and family I love and care for. :animesmil