OtakuBoards

Are You Hot Tempered?

Guest Moonsshadow

Guest Moonsshadow
have you ever been so mad that you went berserk and said something you didnt mean to to someone you love/like/appreciate?
dont hide it anymore. share it between hot tempered ppl like me.

I'm not really hot tempered, pretty much laid back. Even so, sometimes people do lose control and say things they don't mean. I'm not sure if this post includes drunk/high ill-temperment but that happens a lot lol. Sometimes people are just having a bad day, and if they're usually a good person, I give them the benefit of the doubt and don't really let it bother me

[quote name='Moonsshadow']have you ever been so mad that you went berserk and said something you didnt mean to to someone you love/like/appreciate? [/quote]
[b]Yes, I'm sure that I have, at some point in my childhood, but I don't think I've said anything vicious to anyone I like/love/appreciate since I was a young teen.[/b]

[b]I do have a pretty short fuse for inanimate objects and people I don't like, but with the people I love and care about, I tend to be incredibly patient--almost to a fault.[/b]

[b]When they make me angry, I can remain calm and approach them in a level-headed way to sort things out... and I'm straightforward, but not cruel... no matter how angry I am.[/b]

[b]The people I love and care about are typically quite reactionary and volatile when there's conflict, so I've learned to be the opposite with them. It works out best that way.[/b]

Guest Moonsshadow
i went crazy once because of my brother..... i punched him in the nose and made him bleed once...... i regret having done that.... but i cant control myself. once a started swearing my head off at my friend for having done something or another to me. ever since we havent been speaking to each other. so yeah....

I consider myself to be a very patient person. However, when I do finally get angry...Watch out.

I can't remember ever saying something really cruel to someone that I cared about. When I get angry, I just tend to be brutally honest. (Normally, I will try to be as gentle as possible when telling the truth. When I get mean, I forget what gentle is.)

Reading this post caused me to think about my ex-boyfriend and the last time that I talked to him. We broke up, and hadn't even seen each other in a long time. We agreed to be friends, so he still called me quite a bit. At first it was cool, but eventually...Every single time he called, he would want to talk about getting back together.

Besides the fact that I didn't want to date him again, I began to get frustrated because I felt like he was trying to use me. I knew he didn't really want a relationship, and judging from his behavior, he didn't really want a friend either.

The straw that broke the camel's back...I happened to be moving, among other things. Because I had been so busy, I basicly forgot to turn my cellphone on for several days. (For me this is normal. I hate the phone with a passion. Everyone who knows me at all knows this about me and has to deal with it.) Anyway, he had been calling me, and since my phone was turned off, he got mad. While I can understand that, the slew of nasty messages was a little inappropriate. He was acting like he owned me or something.

I finally remembered to turn my cellphone on and called him back. I intended to work it out but set him straight...But he wouldn't take my call. Instead he sent me another nasty text message. I erupted like Mt. Vesuvius.

I told him that I had a perfectly good reason for not calling him, but that I wasn't going to bother explaining since I was sure he didn't really care about what I had to say. And then...[I]Don't call me again.[/I]

It might not sound bad, but it was...He called me back in record time and repented. I calmed down, but I had finally told the truth and I stuck to my guns. He wasn't interested in a relationship, and he wasn't interested in being friends. We needed to move on. Sorry...

Despite all that, I felt horrible about the whole altercation for days. I really did care about him, I really did want to be his friend, I just couldn't take the romantic drama anymore.

But then I got over it :P

Well... I have lost my temper before because I can't stand when something to these effects happen:

1. Someone gets mad at someone esle because they have their own opinion that just so happens to go against their own. :animeangr

2. When people make fun of or looks down upon someone just to make they self seem superior. :animeangr :animeangr

3. When people control those weaker than them against their will. :animeangr :animeangr :animeangr

4. When some doesn't like someone esle just 'cause their: gay/ugly/looks akward/wears glasses/doesn't play sports... The list goes on... :animesigh

I don't see why anyone feels like they have to do these things, but if you REALLY think you have to to get along in life, and I mean serious, you can go right ahead. :D

Meh, I'm laid back most of the time....sure my sister can set me off like a rocket once in a while...but that's what little sisters are for.

Most of the time, when I lose my patience it's because it's a serious topic and they aren't acting as such, or Im just having one hell of a horrible day/week and have no time for plesantries.

I think I told Kakashi that when I'm angry I get pretty blunt with people...yeah...that's about all I do to people when I'm angry...get blunt...lol :animesmil

Hahaha....yeah...that's me all over. I'm prone to do/say mean things that I don't at all mean...except for at the time I do/say them. But the thing about it is...my good friends and family are all well-informed about this. So there's not a thing to worry about in my case. Besides. I've never hurt anyone more than emotionally...and most of the time the mean things that I say are directed at someone equally as mad...or madder...so it isn't as though either of us will really have a fit about it later... :animesigh

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Am I hot-tempered? Yeah, you could say that. Matter of fact I'll tell you guys about one of my worse fits that happend just this past weekend...

Me and my brother are pretty cool, but when I have friends over he decides he needs to show off and make fun of me to get them to think he is funny or something around those lines, well I was sitting on the floor playing a game while they were playing another game on a different T.V. he was really starting to get to me and I couldn't take it anymore, now mind you I have Compulsive Destructive Behavior, so what did I do? Destroyed the controller in my hands, granted it wasn't a very expensive controller it was 'something' nonetheless, well after I went beserk on my controller I left the room rather quickly and sat out in the living room, cooling off. About 15 minutes later I went back into the room hoping for better responses from my brother, I wished for too much as he started using my Logitech Wireless controller. I asked him nicely to plug in a corded controller and keep playing, he refused and made fun of me for being anal about my controllers. I made a crack about his fingers being broken and him being lazy and un-plugged the wireless controller reciever and exchanged it for a corded controller, he then began threatening me and taunted me about breaking my 'prized $50 controller'. I couldn't take his taunts anymore and tried to set the controller down, I couldn't help my tendencies and threw the controller against the wall, breaking it into many pieces, but I didn't stop there I took the reciever and slammed it against my desk, shattering it. I gathered the pieces up and left the room.

So, yeah, I am hot-tempered. I didn't tell you guys all that to try and show-off because I'm not proud of having CDB. I've destroyed many of my 'prized possesions' because of that disorder and unhappily there is no cure, go figure, right?

~Silpheed, in dire need of anger management.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It really does varry from day to day. There are some days when next to nothing can get me upset, not even my grandma's constant whining. On other days, things like startling me or being intentionally annoying can get you glares, cuss outs, and eventually a punch in the face. I'm almost never so hot tempered that my fuse runs short with the everyday problems, though.

I'm hot tempered. :smoke: Very much so. If someone says something to directly bring me down, ruin my confidence, I'll give it back. I won't stop 'til I get an apology, or they give up. And if it escalates to a physical punch-up, I'm more than happy to take part.

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080]I am not hot tempered at all. In fact, I'm not sure what would actually drive me to breaking point in terms of anger - maybe if a building collapsed on me or something. Short of something highly catastrophic, nothing really makes me very angry.

There are many reasons for this, but primarily I'm just a very calm person in general. I am more likely to stress out from worry than from anger, I think.

Also, having done martial arts for a few years...that only served to enable me to handle anger a lot more effectively. There are so many ways that I can vent without actually being hostile to anyone. In particular, if I'm angry, it's a good drive for creativity.

For example, if people try to attack OB with spam or something of that nature...my immediate reaction isn't to be upset and get revenge or whatever. Instead, my "revenge" is to make OB better so that it becomes more popular. In that way, I think success is the best revenge. ~_^

[/color][/font]

I truly admire you James. I strive to be like that but if someone gets under my skin I dwell on it...thinking evil thoughts. :animeangr

Most of the time I just let thing pass on by. I chalk it up to them having a sad life and they lash out at me since, for some bizarre reason, decided that I was the one they were going to vent at. There are a few hot buttons when it comes to me and when they get pushed I tend to sulk about things and want to get back at them for annoying me.

All and all I would have to say I am not hot tempered, but if my hot buttons are pushed then I get pretty warm under the collar.

[size=1]For some reason, I just find myself most easily angered by people who remind me of myself in more ways than others... I'm easily irritated, but not easily angered. Does that make any sense?[/size]

I used to be very hot tempered. In middle school I was a real bastard, but I'm pretty sure that's true of 99% of college students. I'm calm most of the time now, though. It takes a lot to really get under my skin, and I don't get insulted very easily, either.

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080
Also, having done martial arts for a few years...that only served to enable me to handle anger a lot more effectively. There are so many ways that I can vent without actually being hostile to anyone. In particular, if I'm angry, it's a good drive for creativity.

For example, if people try to attack OB with spam or something of that nature...my immediate reaction isn't to be upset and get revenge or whatever. Instead, my "revenge" is to make OB better so that it becomes more popular. In that way, I think success is the best revenge. ~_^

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Wow! I admire you, I've been practising martials arts too, and i learn how to control my hot tempered (yes when i was more younger, i was really hot temper, anything could make me blast! :animeshy: ), but now i know how to control myself.
But i do explode if something really bad or someone i like get hurt :animeangr , heheh :D
So i do admire you a lot James you really know how to control yourself that well!*claps*

[color=darkviolet]Me, hot tempered? Survey says: Yes

Okay I admit I have a bit of a temper, the only time I don't go off on people (except for twice in the past ten years) uis during horseback riding.

I actually have a bit of a violent temper at times. I've thrown things at Lincoln. Heavy things, like my purse and once the coffee table. But to be fair to me, the coffee table was one of those sauder things with fake drawers and stuff like that and I was really mad.

I curse at people on the road, but I don't think I have road rage since I've never chased after someone just to give them the bird or gave them the bird unless the other driver [i]really[/i] deserved it.

I've cursed out my mother-in-law in public a few times because she was eitehr being stupid or nasty to me. Or at 53 thinking she can dress like a teenager just because she's a size 00 and thinking I'm jealous of her since I'm well....a size 16. :animeblus But she needs to be yelled at because she got s-faced at my wedding reception and my husband had to drive her home. I know it was 3 years ago, but I guess I also hold grudges a bit too long.

Well, there, you know all about how much of a b I can be at times. [/color]

[SIZE=1]Am I hot-tempered? I don't regard myself as such. I'm probably in the happy medium, perhaps leaning moreso towards the 'hot-tempered' side than the 'calm' area. If someone is truly getting on my nerves, or says something to get at me, I find myself swearing at them under my breath, but not much else. If, however, things get worse than that, you've probably done something horrible.

I used to practice martial arts, but I didn't find that I helped manage my anger.[/SIZE]

Well its kinda dumb but im only 14 I was mad i had a bad day and my girlfriend tima was acting dumb and doing her moody thing and said some dumb $*%# and when i told her that she said somthing totally stupid she got mad and said i trat he like dirt because i take somethings as offesive when there ment to be funny. I know im a little bit (or alot ) too serious but still.I snaped and said "Damit your getting on my last freakin nerv damit stop this dumb *&%^ ! and stormed of .Plz any female give me some advice asap