Red Posted November 17, 2001 Posted November 17, 2001 [B]Did anyone see the movie Blue Submarine 6 yesterday on Cartoon Network (if you live in England), it was VERY good. Anyone seen it?[/B]
Sephiroth Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 already seen it, I liked it, I didn't like that girl much though, you know, the girl with the teddy bear, and the other girl who likes the main character....
Dragonballzman Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 Yeah, I watched it. It was kool :D Although I want to see the Japanese version now! :D
Red Posted November 18, 2001 Author Posted November 18, 2001 [B]I didn't really like the girl who liked the main character but the one with the teddy bear was pretty cool[/B]
Posthumous Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 yeah it wuz kewl! one of my fav top 50 movies.
Transtic Nerve Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B]already seen it, I liked it, I didn't like that girl much though, you know, the girl with the teddy bear, and the other girl who likes the main character.... [/B][/QUOTE] The main character girl is Myumi Kino (pronounce My-Yu-Mi if I'm not mistaken) The main character guy is Hiyami Tetsu Minrei Kou is the name of the girl with the teddy bear. She is the ships super sonar basically. She basically talks to the animals and she is essential in finding the Phantom ship, since it cannot be seen by normal sonar. And yes, I really like Blue Sub No. 6... one of my favorite OAVs :)
Pressure Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 wowzers.. all of you liked it.. well.. okay... new opinion.. I really did not like Blue Submarine No.6 for the following reasons 1.it was too long 2.i didn't understand it 3.it was too "computer generated" it didn't seem like anime anymore 4.the main characters stank in my opinion i just really didn't like it generally, i realize you all did, and i accpet that, opinions just differ :angel:
Sailor Meike Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 I have Blue Submarine number 6 on tape. My ante recorded it for me when it was on Canal+ And i have it in Japanese. And i like the movie. There is blood in it. ^-^ I think the ending is cool. And that girl with the teddy. She's just so cute. And that Tetsu is handsome. :) And that Fishlady is kinda sweet for Tetsu. So, all tough, i like the movie ^-^ :D
WH2 Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 i loved blue sub 6 my fav character was the renegade whale sub thingy adn Hyami was pretty kool althouhg i like his mutated friend
Soccer 4 Life Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 The movie was pretty amazing ........ Hiyami was the only character which I considered cool as WH2 said............ :naughty: :demon: Peace!!:mrt: :smirk:
Transtic Nerve Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i] [B] for the following reasons 1.it was too long [/B][/QUOTE] Too long???? It was 4 episodes... NOT a movie.... it's called and OAV... Original Animation Video... consisting of 4 episodes.... just like Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz was an OAV NOT a movie (but like BS6, it could be put together to form a movie)... the OAV series was very short.... way too short.... should have been longer in my opinion... they could have developed the plot further, maybe gone into the past of how they ended up in the world they were in.
Sephiroth Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 dunno how some people think it was too long, I personally thought it should have been longer....
amiboshi Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 Is there a difference between the blue sub 6 mini-series and the Blue Sub 6 movie? If there is, which is better?
Transtic Nerve Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i] [B]Is there a difference between the blue sub 6 mini-series and the Blue Sub 6 movie? If there is, which is better? [/B][/QUOTE] Nope, they are one in the same.... The OAV is just so short CN took it all and added together to create one movie... it's not a movie at all, they just made it seem that way.
Ice Dragon v2 Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 Blue Sub 6 was a disaster in my town. I do agree with DBZChikaGhan except the too long thing and cg. My friends thought it stinks and I started getting lost around eps 2. We just liked the graphics but the story is too confusing. I know a bunch of you guys like it, but we do have other opinions.
Transtic Nerve Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 How did the story confuse you? I understand the plot was a little difficult but what part(s) didn't you understand?.... perhaps I can clearify them for you. Thats what made it great, the fact the plot was unique, hard to follow (I mean, would you like some weak plot that a gajillion anime's have already had?) and it was GOOD..... if you understood it.
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted November 24, 2001 Posted November 24, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]the OAV series was very short.... way too short.... should have been longer in my opinion... they could have developed the plot further, maybe gone into the past of how they ended up in the world they were in. [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=indigo]I totally agree with you, ([i]Captain Japan[/i] -lol-). I wish they would've made the OAV longer. I would've liked the anime to have more details about what happened between Hayami, and his friend(the one that was turned into a mutant), and their accident. OR, just a little more insight into the background and/or the aftermath. It's a shame; with a couple more episodes, they could've transformed a great anime, into a fantastic one.:whoops:[/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now