OtakuBoards

What are good female Japanese names?

_Hikaru_

[color=#9933ff]Try [url]http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm[/url] for some.

I also have a list, but I'm pretty sure most of it is covered in that link.

Why do you need to name your pet something Japanese? There might be other names that suit your pet just as well, you know. But it's your pet. ^^; [/color]

[color=blue][size=1]Something that sounds cute would be good. Like.. "Tokidoki" (which means sometimes) or "Momoiru" (which means pink). There are a bunch of other cute names that don't really mean anything, but yeah.. I suggest using Mistress Roxie's link for the most ideas.[/size][/color]

Hmmmmm...... Japanese, huh?

Well I have a great idea for you, but before you lookie lookie, you gotta hear the story on this one. You see, one day I was at the gas station, and this incredibly gorgeous Japanese gal drives up in her silver Beatle rsI, and I am stunned. I do manage to talk to her, however, and get a phone number. So I call her up the next day, and I'm like, "Hey, wanna go for a drink at Central Park Cafe?"

She thinks for a sec, "Sure thing, by the way whats your name?"

I tell her and ask the same thing, "Whats yours? Reiko? Ryoko?"

"No, no silly, those are my sisters! I am [SPOILER]Brunhilda[/SPOILER]"

Moral of the story: [spoiler] there are Japanese women named Brunhilda, and your annoying culture obsession drives me into the wall with intense boredom.[/spoiler]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Let's see if I can remember any.

[U]Name[/U]-[U]Meaning[/U]

Akiko-Autumn Child
Haruko-Spring Child
Yoruto-Night Song, I beleive.
Chiyo-Eternal
Kei-Rapture, Reverance
Machiko-Thankful Child

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head, hope it helps a bit.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

The prettiest Japanese female name I've encountered is [B]Saika[/B]. There was a half-Japanese girl in the kindergarten I worked at last summer, and she was adorable and very intelligent for a five year old. She explained the meaning of the name, but all I can remember is that it had something to do with "autumn"...

Beautiful name, though. I even renamed FFVII:s Yuffie as Saika when I replayed it last fall.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nixen
[quote name='_Hikaru_']I need them to name my new pet and my mind is blank[/quote]

Sakura
Kasumi
Ryoko
Toka
Yumi
Nami
Haruko
Manami
Luna
Megumi
Keiko
Akiko
Natsumi
Katsumi
Chisa
-Those are the only ones I can think of right now

[QUOTE=Momiji Love][SIZE=1]Radi3r is right.Thats a bit obsessive.

But I do like the name Ao Tsuki.I do believe it means Blue Moon.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That would be [i]aoi[/i] tsuki, though I'm not sure if there should be a "no" or "na" in there somewhere.

I don't like Japanese girls' names all that much: I find them frequently too cute. I do like the name "Junko", however. I find it has a lot of substance.

Japanese boys' names tend to be a lot stronger. The dramatic syllable count is very impressive: Yukihiro, Yoshiyuki, [b]Nobuhiro[/b]...

[SIZE=1]Whatever you do, save that poor child from the name Sakura. While it's really nice ... it's EXTREMELY overdone, and needs to be put out of useage. And why a Japanese name? Why not German, or American, or African, or Spanish? I'm sure if you examined other countries' names, you'd find alot you like.

I guess what I'm saying is similar to Raid3r, only I wish he had put it a little less bluntly.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]^ Indeed. Minus 15 points for snippiness of said post.

If I had a cat, I'd name it Meoi. With that, may I suggest another language like Elvish? Tons of nice-sounding names can be derived from it like Galadriel, Firiel and (all together now!) [i]Legolas[/i].

I know! Name it [URL=http://www.fabuloustravel.com/globe/hachiko/hachiko.html][b]Hachiko[/b][/URL]! That's the name of Japan's famous dog. Very sad story, tragic for pet owners. You might not like it. Or you can always go with ridiculously long ones like "Hiten Mitsurugi: Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki" and make it answer to the name "Neko-chan". Or just name it "Petto". Very generic.

And I heard "aoi tsuki" means "pale moon" or "waxing moon", whichever. Makes much more sense than "blue moon"; still beautiful, nonetheless. Highly recommend it.

[b]Just don't name it Pikachu. Please. [/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]

O well, I suggest a Latina name like.... Maria, or maybe Reiko Maria Flavia, a Japanese-Latino-Italian type deal, which is cool. I'm sort of a square on pet names: my dog is duchess, my cat is patches, and my fish (who died last week) was named captain sea sparkles.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Well, I used to have a site to rely on for this, but I think it's gone. But I've found another one! Here you are!

[URL=http://baby-names.adoption.com/origin/japanese.html]Clicky![/URL] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

well when i make a name i set myself a word i like really much, or in case of your kitten, if it has a set charackter you could name it after that, then you take the name, playfull for instance and browse a japanese dictionary untill you find the right sounding japanese name, and it will automaticly have a meaning.
well tha`s it for my advice.

[URL=http://www.trussel.com/f_nih.htm][B]good dictionary[/B][/URL]