OtakuBoards

Super Mario All Stars 2

Cecil

Wouldn't it be cool if they made this game? I can just imagine it, it would have all the games of the original one plus

Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshis Island
Super Mario RPG,
Super Mario 64,

and as a bonus you could unlock the gameboy games. You could fit all of these on the GCN dvd I bet, or maybe not. Wasn't SM64 128 megs or something like that?

If they would make this game it would rock.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cecil [/i]
[B]Wouldn't it be cool if they made this game? I can just imagine it, it would have all the games of the original one plus

Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshis Island
Super Mario RPG,
Super Mario 64,

and as a bonus you could unlock the gameboy games. You could fit all of these on the GCN dvd I bet, or maybe not. Wasn't SM64 128 megs or something like that?

If they would make this game it would rock. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, you could easily fit that all on a GameCube disc.

Mario 64 was 8MB, compressed memory.

So as you can see, Nintendo know what they're talking about when it comes to the memory area.

And you can also see that you could easily fit all that stuff.

And you know what would be great?

Remember how in Mario All Stars on SNES, Nintendo slightly enhanced the graphics of the older games..?

Imagine if they did that with the games you mentioned above. :)

High-res textures in Mario 64, and higher polygon models with a little bump mapping and real time lighting here and there...an "upgraded" Mario 64 would be awesome :)

[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=crimson][size=1]Imagine if they did that with the games you mentioned above. :)

High-res textures in Mario 64, and higher polygon models with a little bump mapping and real time lighting here and there...an "upgraded" Mario 64 would be awesome :)

[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]*drools* That would be great, but a few mario games were left out. What about Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, Mario Picross, The Mario Kart and Mario Party series? I know I am forgetting about 10 mario games but I am just saying that if you are going to make a collection of mario games, you might as well put them all in.[/SIZE]

Nintendo could fit just about every single mario game ever made on one of those dvds. Yes it would rock, I didn't mention Paper Mario cause it is still pretty recent and stuff. Although I don't know many people who would buy it on the 64 anymore.

I can't believe that I forgot the Mario party and mario kart.

What about an upgraded Super Smash Bros. that would be the best to play the old Smash bro's with the new controller.... *drools*<----I don't think many girls are going to find this attracrtive.

Actually, I wasn't old enough to play any of the original games that where on Super Mario Allstars, actually I played Super Mario Bros. 3. My point was that I didn't notice the upgrade.

That would be cool! This is what I'd want on a Mario collection:

Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64

That would be the ultimate Mario collection! (at least for the platform games)

Oh, and here's a list of remakes for the GBA:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World (Super Mario Advance 2)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story

I'm going to have to buy all of them, except Yoshi's Story, even though I've played through Super Mario World at least 5 times. I never have been able to get all the way through SMB 3, because you can't save, and I've only rented SMW2: Yoshi's Island, so I haven't been able to beat that either.
I just hope I have enough money...

This would be pretty sweet idea. . =) I would definitely get it. As to what James said. . throw that into Mario 64, and that would be one AWESOME game.

As for the Smash Brothers idea. . I kind of like it just how it is on the good old N64, and wouldn't want to have it come to the GAMECUBE. . I am patiently waiting for Super Smash Brothers: Melee, and can't wait to get my greedy hands on that =)

But all in all, I would just love to see the basic Mario games (not kart or the rpg) all in one game for the GAMECUBE. I think that adding Kart or Paper Mario would be awesome, don't get me wrong, but I figure I will start small. . ROFL =)