OtakuBoards

What alchemist would you be?

Gravy Train

I saw a similar question on another forum and it got me thinking. In Full Metal Alchemist, a lot of the state alchemists that specialize in something have a particular name. For example: Crimson Alchemist = explosives, Crystal Alchemist= fake philosopher's stones, Full Metal Alchemist= metals.

So, if you were a state alchemist in the show, what kind of alchemist would you be? Also include your methods for utilizing the object or thing that you specialize in.(For example, the Flame Alchemist has a flint lined glove with a transmutation circle on it. When he snaps his fingers a spark is created and then the transmutation circle uses the surrounding air to feed the flames.)

I would want to be the Automata Alchemist. Automata is a term in alchemy for giving motion to the motionless, animating statues, making golems, dopplegangers, etc. I'd use seals imprinted with a transmutation cirlce and would slap them onto statues or or manequinns to animate them. I'd also have transmutation circles on the soles of my boots so I could tap my foot to make a golem out of the rocks in the ground. And then when one of my dopplegangers is defeated, it will say,"Lucky for you I'm fake." --Best videogame mis-dub ever.

I'd like to answer this, but I don't know what kinds of alchemists exist since I don't follow the series. ^^

Would you be able to list the kinds of alchemists?
Or do you want us to make up names for the purpose of this thread?
Maybe, I'd have something to do with the elements.

-ArV

It doesn't have to be anything from the show. Original is preferred, but if you list something that is already on the show then it doesn't really matter. Here are the ones on the show so far: Full Metal, Crimson, Crystal, Flame, Strongarm. And that is all I can think of. It can be anything really.

Well, after seeing he few alchemists on the show, its hard to think of an original alchemist and what abilities he/she would have. I like Ed's ability to create a blade whenever he chooses, or repair his brother whenever hes hurt, quite useful, at least in his case. Guess if I could choose I'd just pick an element and be a lightning/thunder alchemist. Being able to throw lightning is always a plus, as well as being able to transfer it through certain objects and such. It'd be fun to shock people randomly, or use the heat to shape things to my liking, create a weapon, etc.

I have decided that I would be the "Yo" Alchemist.
My weapon would be the "Yo-Yo" that, because of Alchemy, can be used to create Wind elements. (Similar to the Fire Alchemist's glove somebody spoke of earlier).

Bweheheh.
ph34r m41 l33t y0y0 5killz0rz.

Although lightning and fire are useful. I think I'd be creative enough to use my YoYo for transportation needs.

Bweheheh.
ph34r m41 l33t y0y0 l4zyn355.

okay. I confess. I can't talk l33t.
ph34r m41 5ukki3 "l33t" 5killz0rz.

-ArV

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't really know which one I'd like to be, but I'd like to be one that specializes in plants and stuff. You know...like Killer Dandilions!!! :animeswea But i would probably use a necklace or some piece of jewelry for my power to go through. Or a bag of seeds of some sort! :animesmil [/FONT]

I would be more along the lines of elemental manipulation, but each one would serve one basic purpose. Like fire would heat, lightning would split, wind would carve, etc.

It keeps the formula simple to where you could combine elemental processes to make all kinds of results.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I was really impressed with how this thread started, but looking at it now I think it's probably gone as far as it can go without running into a huge pile of spam (which it was getting close to anyway).

Thread closed.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]