OtakuBoards

Return to Pepperland - [G, Excessive Puns]

Ozymandius Jones

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/RTP.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Once upon a time?
?or maybe twice?
there was an Unearthly paradise called Pepperland.
80,000 leagues beneath the sea it lay?
?or lie?
I?m not too sure?

[/CENTER][/B]

[LEFT][[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image003.jpg]Pepperland[/URL]]

Pepperland was a beautiful land, full of vivid colors, music, and happy people?very [I]strange[/I] happy people, but happy people none the less. They got along with their neighboring countries?all but one.

[[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image005.jpg]The Land of Blue[/URL]]

Pepperland?s neighbors to the North were everything the Peppers were not. They were not happy. They did not like music. And to them, only one color was acceptable: blue.

The Blue Meanies were mean, as their name implies. But not only were they mean ? they were also nasty, cruel, dastardly and all-around jerks.

One day, the Chief Blue Meanie decided enough was enough. Pepperland had been permitted to exist for far too long. He launched the attack against the peaceful land ? and the Peppers were defenseless against them. Pepperland fell in the space of one day.

Pepperland?s last hope lay (or lie) with Young Fred, an old man who had managed to escape the attack. He fled in the Yellow Submarine, part of the fleet that had brought the Pepper?s ancestors to Pepperland. Guided by some unknown force, the Sub made its way to Liverpool, inexplicably drawn almost directly to the Beatles.

The Beatles agreed to help Young Fred and the Peppers, and thus joined Fred in the Submarine. After meeting Jeremy Hilary Boob, Ph. D. (?Fud?), a strange furry creature who speaks mainly in Carrolian nonsense?

[[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image027.jpg]Jeremy[/URL]]

And completing various bizarre, random and most likely drug-induced [[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image009.jpg] subplots[/URL]](ooh...bad pun.), The Beatles and Fred arrive in Pepperland to find that the Blue Meanies are completely in control. So, in an attempt to rally the countryside, the Beatles impersonate Pepperland?s Founders ?
[[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image011.jpg]Sgt. Pepper?s Lonely Hearts Club Band.[/URL]]

(Please do not ask me why their hair is green. Please, also, do not inquire as to why one of Paul?s pant legs is a different color than the other, or how John is using a trombone and a?er?director thingy at the same time. I cannot answer these questions. I doubt the [I]animators[/I] can answer these questions.)

This heartened the citizens of Pepperland into an uprising. After hand to ?well?word?sort of? combat between John and the Dreaded Glove, and the re-appearance of the original Sgt. Pepper, the Blue Meanies were defeated. Repenting of their lives of meanness, they joined the citizens of Pepperland in the appreciation of music and happiness. The Beatles returned to Liverpool, and everyone lived happily ever after?

Or so the story goes.

But as so often happens and is so seldom told, the Reformation of the Blue Meanies did not last long. At all. It lasted so short that one can doubt that it ever really even existed. As a matter of fact, it lasted about a day.

Now, two months later, Pepperland is again in a state of siege. The valiant Sgt. Pepper?s band is once more trapped inside their blue glass?and this time, they?re not even in Pepperland any more. This time, the Blue Meanies wised up?if only slightly. The Sgt?s Band is imprisoned deep in the land of Blue, far away and through the dreaded Blue Tooth Mountains. Young Fred has again been dispatched to find help?again, the Beatles will come to his aid. But will they be able to stop them this time? Or will music and Pepperland be doomed for all eternity?

Dun dun dun?[/LEFT]

[COLOR=Navy]Hello. It?s me, your friendly mistress of stupidly strange RPGs. Since ReDux didn't do as much damage as I'd hoped...well...I?m back, and weirder than before.

As you can tell, (if you're one of the...what...5 Beatles fans on this board?) Return to Pepperland is in the same genre as it's original movie.

The main plot is The Beatles and their merry group of rebel Peppers must rescue Sgt. Pepper's Band from the Land of Blue.

There will be side-plots (they have three Seas that they must pass through in addition to the Land of Blue) and the suchlike. There will be lots and lots of humor. Puns and absurdity are encouraged.

If you've read all that and are still interested, there are characters from the original movie who you can play...problem is, most are already reserved.

More info on Characters can be found in the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46999]UnderWater[/URL]

Original Movie Characters:

[B]?Young? Fred[/B] - Reserved for Angelus_Necare
[B]John[/B] - Reserved for Muse
[B]George[/B] - Reserved for Billy Shears
[B]Paul[/B] - Grammar Panzer
[B]Ringo[/B] - Reserved for Starrstruck
[B]His Blueness[/B] - Reserved by ME!
[B]Jeremy[/B] - Open
[B]Max[/B] - Open

You don't have to play as a movie character. As a matter of fact, I would like a few original characters. What I need from you is this:

[B]Name:[/B] Anything goes. Humans are still named human names, monsters have...weirder names. Preferably a pun on a stereotypical monster name [Grisnak, etc].
[B]Age: [/B] Humans 10-100, monsters can be anything.
[B]Gender:[/B] Self explanitory. Male, Female.
[b]Species[/b]: Human, Monster, or Meanie
[B]Appearance:[/B] Humans look like humans who dressed themselves while on LSD. Monsters...well...they're grouped into one mass group, "Monsters", but they look like pratically anything. Sky's the limit.
[B]Talents:[/B] This is "Powers" basically. There's a list of powers available in the underground. If you have a new one, PM me and I'll probably add it. Just remember: Music, Colors and Humor are the weapons here. If you play an instrument, add it.
[B]Personality:[/B] Self explanitory.
[B]Bio: [/B] Self explanitory. Doesn't have to be long, at all.

If you are one of the people who have reserved a character, the [i]basic[/i] stats for said character are in the Underground. That's just the base, feel free to tweak it as you like.

If you want to be one of the original movie characters that isn't reserved, just A)PM me, or B)Show me in your sign-up that you've got the character right. I will be picky with the original movie characters, just so you know.

If you are an infidel and unfamiliar with the movie [just kidding!], the transcript is found [url=http://www.freewebs.com/ozysfic/Yellow%20Submarine%20The%20Script.htm]here.[/url] Seriously, this girl is a genius. Trying to transcibe that movie is like trying to herd cats. Trust me.

Due to finals happening in two weeks, signups are [b]open[/b] for two weeks. I anticipate starting this around [B]May 11th [/B] or so.

And I think that's about it...just get ready for one serious trip...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Name: George

Appearance:[/COLOR] [IMG]http://www.seaofgreen.freehomepage.com/images/george.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]Gender: Male

Species: Human

Talents: Coming soon...

Personality: Coming soon...

Bio: George grew up in a fairly nice farm house in Pepperland. He was always helping out his father when milking the cows for the jelly, milk, chocolate syrup, and honey. He did very well in school and lived happily with his parents until he was 18. George met Ringo and John and noticed that they had special talents, too, so he lived with them while he went off to be a professional stand up comedian for the royalty of Pepperland. George would hypnotize the king, making the queen's dress turn different colors, et cetera. It was a very sucsessful job. But now, George is the equipment manager for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band after saving them the first time. [/COLOR]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]edit soonage

-the one and only[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[center]
[LEFT][COLOR=White][B]Name:[/B] Paul

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image021.jpg]Paul[/URL]

[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Species:[/B] Human

[B]Age:[/B] 26

[B]Talents: [/B] Guitar, Bass, Flute, and Piccolo. Can
summon music from thin air. Which was tough for him.
How would you like to go through high school with
staffs and time signatures floating around you? Can it
be used to his advantage somehow? Without him looking
like an utter loony? It is known as Musicapostrophy,
unbeknownst to him. Other talents include him
persuading others to his whim by his charm and wit. He
can definately use that to his advantage whilst in
battles of wit.

[B]Personality: [/B] Charming to say the least.
Definately a "womanizer". Very cunning and sly with
his words. Sometimes using them to his advantage when
arguing or in regular conversations by his persuasive
and manipulative manner. Slightly egotistical and
condescending, though lovable when you get to know
him.

[B]Bio: [/B] Paul grew up with his family on the
outskirts of Liverpool. He found out at an early age
that he could make music appear out of absolutely
nowhere! Whenever his emotions became an unnatural
height, from anger, or sadness, music would appear. If
he was down in the dumps of the blue, a low Bb might
hover about him. But if he was a happy lad, random
notes of an Allegro might dance around him. People in
his coordinates might complain about "hearing music
without a source", noting the said music seemed to
match young Paul's current mood.

In Paul's high school days, he found that he could
"use" the musical notes and phrases that often became
his sidekick in situations. When a bully in blue would
talk Paul down, Paul would "attack" him with his
music. This worked to persuade the bully to drop the
blue and to become a man of music.

At 26, Paul had "converted" bullies, and people who
were feeling down to those of music and righteousness.
Hearing about the corruption with the Blue Meanies,
Paul thought he might be able to help the Sgt.
Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band with his
Musicapostrophy. He moved to Liverpool where he met up
with three other musically inclined chaps like himself
named John, George, and Ringo...

Look who's back...[/COLOR] [/LEFT]
[/center]

[center]
[LEFT] [COLOR=yellow]
Ok, very good thus far. I [b]still[/b] need John and Fred to sign up...*prepares glove for attack* and Billy you need to edit, but I'm pretty sure you know that, kick your computer for me. ;)

Those who haven't signed up/wish to edit, I now have a table background for each reserved movie character in the underground. Wee! I think they look ok, but feel free to not use them, too.

I have a couple of people who say they'll play original characters, and once they signup I'll figure out when to start, but next Monday seems like a likely date.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
[/center]

[size=1][b]Name:[/b] Meg
[b]Age:[/b] 14
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[b]Species:[/b] Human
[b]Appearance:[/b] [url=http://www.psycko-manga.de/gallery/babe/11-7.htm]Meg and Floof[/url]
[b]Talents:[/b] Scratch-tables, keyboard, shapeshifting (mainly members of the large cat family), corporeal linguistics.
[b]Personality:[/b] Meg is very serious at most times, and once she concentrates on something, you would have to roll over her with a steamroller to get her attention (not a comfortable proposition; Meg just healed a broken leg from the last time). Once she has her headphones on and is mixing up the music, she is generally undistractable (no, NOT indestructible).
[b]Bio:[/b] Meg isn?t sure where she came from. But frankly, she doesn?t care. After all, she has her turn/scratch-tables, her keyboard of many colors, and Floof. Floof is a? well, a Floof. Meg isn?t exactly sure [I]what[/I] Floof is, but sometimes she calls him dustbunny, which he despises. And Meg still can?t bring herself to call Floof a girl, despite how many times Floof tells her a day that HE is a SHE. So for now, Floof is a guy. Who really wants to look to find out?

For a while, Meg has been able to shapeshift, and she concentrated on the large cats. Floof wasn?t very happy for a while, because Meg liked to use him as target practice. Meg lived in a ratty old shack, but once she moved in, it didn?t stay ratty for long. What kind of rat wants to live in a house with a girl who shapechanges to a large cat? To this day. Meg still has no idea what a good pun sounds like, so hers tend to be a little wild. Really. The spelling sucks, too, considering she doesn?t care about school and only goes on days when she thinks she can get away with a food fight. Meg likes to hang out with the Peppers, and sometimes can twist their music around with her scratch-tables, but usually one of the guys will step in before she can get to the good part, so she tends to take some sharp words to their ears - no, really.

XD Okay, I don?t think I have any sanity left after that sign up.[/size]

[SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Bethany Nicola Sweetness Archer (Sometimes referred to as 'Beth' or 'Sweetness'.)
[B]Age:[/B] 14
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Appearance:[/B] Please refer yourselves to the attachment--Thank you!
[B]Talents:[/B] Fast (but sometimes horrific) violin playing-also makes great use of the synthesizers. Very hyper and fast, good for escape strategies. Uses Plantilogical Manifestation to the extreme, also has the ability to morph herself into a rather large flower. With eyes. Yes.
[B]Personality:[/B] Beth is, for lack of a better word, eccentric. She is totally crazy, knows it, and flaunts it to the best of her ability. She is also paranoid to the highest extreme and takes great pleasure is being two steps a head of everyone...just in case. She can be annoying but, as her name suggests, is a very sweet girl when she really tries. She has this annoying tendency to attach herself to one person, moving on from them when they get boring just to idolize another unfortunate victim.

Usually on the happy side, Beth fights for her own warped sense of justice.... which is basically just saving her own skin. And some flowers, if they need saving...

[B]Bio:[/B] Beth, born to a nice family with genuinely decent parents, was brought up in gardens and was always taught to respect nature. She had a fascination with music and flowers since she was just a babe and was taught all the different kinds of plants that one child could absorb. She was a natural with the keyboard and piano and soon turned her interests to violin.... which wasn't a very good idea, as it turned out.

She now lives by herself, since her parents feel it is for the best, and owns a rather large nursery in town, which people frequent all year round to enjoy the beautiful plant life that Beth has cultivated. She doesn't care much for people and is perfectly happy to spend all of her time in the garden, watering and talking to her plants. She is an eager girl that is wise far past her years and appearance, even though she acts like a real little kid at times.

[B]Done.[/B][/SIZE]

[center]
[LEFT][COLOR=White][B]Name:[/B] Ringo

[B]Appearance:[/B] Ringo

[B]Age:[/B] 27

[B]Talents:[/B] Drums, trumpet, some guitar. Can pick up seemingly non-existent items?like holes. How do you pick up a hole? That has got to be some sort of talent?also applies to manipulating various molecules. We?re sure this is a useful talent somehow?listed as Metaphysical/atomic manipulation

[B]Personality:[/B] Loveable. Not much more to say than that. He has a somewhat odd sense of humour, and an unbelievable ability to attract trouble. Very friendly.

[B]Bio:[/B] Ringo is the only child of the King of the Crimson Court who rules a land not far from Blue. He was left in Liverpool as a child and they never bothered to pick him back up for reasons unknown.

He started working when he was twelve and moved from job to job ranging from window-washer to pickpocket. He quit his last job as insurance agent because of the whole "hole" thing.

At age 22 he met John who also seemed to have weird powers. Declaring that the world at large was not worth of talents such as their own (Or possibly to save on rent money) the two bought a house. Ringo doen't actually pay much of the mortgage himself due to the hole in his pocket. [/COLOR][/LEFT]
[/center]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Blue][B]Name[/B]: Phsycadella Summers
[B]Age[/B]: 25
[B]Gender[/B]: Um?err just kidding. Female
[B]Species[/B]: Human

[B]Appearance[/B]: I will edit this!

[B]Talents[/B]: Musicapostrophy: Flute, and Violin

[B]Personality[/B]: Phsycadella is an overly perky young woman that is musically enhanced [well not really] and can cheer almost anyone up. She has a very cute personality that draws attention to herself quite often. She dresses quite brightly like a weird mutated flower that sticks out in a patch of pansies. This reflects off her personality, and ironically her name is Phsycadella.

[B]Bio[/B]: Phsycadella was born into the family that had a long line of orchestra performers. Phsycadella wanted to be just like her ancestors and decided to pick up a flute, the minutes she felt it she knew she had the power to create music. She opened up a book and saw all the beautiful notes and was amazed. She demanded her mother teach her how to play, so her mother agreed to teach her daughter the flute. After only 2 months Phsycadella knew how to play the flute at a professional level. The violin was an alternative when she didn?t feel like playing the flute. [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ok, so far so good.

Billy Shears' Internet Explorer has decided to be evil, and isn't working, I just talked with Muse about her signup, so it should be up soon, and Angelus_Necare..er...seems to have vanished. Oh, well.

Signups are still open. Billy and Delacroix still need to finish their's, and whoever deleted their signup so mine now looks double posted, thanks a lot...*Kicks Starr [lightly] and goes to fix*

So...yeah. [b]Signups are still open[/b]. Yes, I am pitiful. Deal with it. :p

This WILL start Monday, with or without Fred and John...

[COLOR=Navy]*pets Glove threateningly* Although I would prefer with...[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[center]
[LEFT] [COLOR=yellow]
[B]Name: [/B] True name unknown, but is known to all as the [B]Cheif Meanie[/B]

[B]Appearance:[/B] [[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image025.jpg]His Blueness[/url]]

[b]Species:[/b] Meanie

[B]Age:[/B] 400

[B]Talents:[/B] Scary the living daylights out of just about anyone, control of the [[URL=http://www.startrekanimated.com/ys_15.JPG]GLOVE[/URL]], destruction...

[B]Personality:[/B] Very odd. Given to temper tantrums, mood swings and violent fits of rage, especially when things don't go HIS way. He does have a sense of humor [odd as it is] but hearing him laugh generally means something bad is about to happen.

[B]Bio:[/B] Nobody really knows what the Cheif Blue Meanie's real name is. For as long as anyone can remember, he's always been His Blueness. He likes to cultivate the image and idea that he's been around forever.

In truth, when he was a young meanie, he was told that being mean was just the way things were to be done. And so, being the meanie that he was, he listened. Meanies were just supposed to be mean as a way of life...not necessarily [i]like[/i] it. But he began to like it, gaining in skill at being a complete jerk until, at the age of 50, he wrested control of the entire Meanie army from the rightful commanders, and proclaimed himself to be Leader, a postion he's held for the last 350 years.

Since his glorious [b]failure[/b] at the hand of the Peppers, and more importantly, the Beatles, he has become even more mean and resentful, and has some very nasty plans for the band once they arrive...which he knows they will. The good guys are [b]always[/b] predictable.
[/COLOR][/LEFT]
[/center]

[color=indigo][SIZE=1]

No! Johnny is here!

[center]

Name: John
Appearance: [URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ozyssite/image017.jpg]John[/URL]
Species: Human
Talents: Rhythm guitar, mouth organ, piano, and trombone. He?s extremely smart and can do some shapeshifting. Mainly Frankenstein. Please don?t ask. He also has some skill with corporeal linguistics.
Personality: Very sharp, very sarcastic and witty, he tends to assume leader positions very easily, and as such he doesn?t follow very well at all. He?s almost a genius, and can quote Einsteinian theories of the top of his head. Whether he actually understands what he?s saying sometimes has yet to be determined.
Bio: John was the youngest of three sons, born to a wealthy English businessman. As such, he was expected to be well behaved, and to let others care for all his problems for him.

Being John, however, he did nothing of the sort. From the time he was five years old, little Johnny almost constantly defied his Father's orders. He played in the mud, he built things out of other things, he gave money away...when he was fourteen he actually went out and got -gasp- a JOB! As a apprentice to a SCIENTIST! AS in a WORKING job! Understandably (or so John's father thought) John's father disowned him, kicking him out of the house, and forbidding him from returning until he'd come to his senses. This meant, of course, no more money for John.

That was many, many years ago now. John became quite the sucessful scientist - until he developed the formula for shapeshifting. He tested it on himself, and now has the ability to turn into Frankenstien. Ostracized from the scientific community, he did not dispair, but instead moved to Liverpool. And so, inevitably, he became poor again, wasting all of his hard earned money on fancy clothing. One day, while walking down the street, he ran into a young man who could pick up holes, and they became friends. And the rest, as they say, is history.
[/center]

Woot. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[center]
[LEFT][COLOR=White][B]Name:[/B] George

[B]Appearance: [/B] [url=http://www.seaofgreen.freehomepage.com/images/george.jpg]George[/url]

[b]Species[/b]: Human

[B]Age: [/B] 24

[B]Talents: [/B] Guitar, Sitar, Tuba, hypnoticism and coloration

Personality: Even more sarcastic then John, he just hides it better. He?s quiet, but not because he?s shy?he?s quiet because he doesn?t bother to talk. He?s very intellectual, but doesn?t spout it out.

[B]Bio:[/B] George was born in Pepperland, where he lived until he was about 14. Bored with life on a farm, he ran away to England - where he was in an accident that left him with amnesia.

Not remembering any of his past, he was alone in a strange country with strange hypnotic powers. He lived as best he could on the streets; but was soon taken in by the other three Beatles. Since their adventures in Pepperland the first time, George has regained some of his memories of his life; but not all.[/COLOR] [/LEFT]

[/center]

[COLOR=Navy]Ok. Billy Shear's IE has decided to DIE. For which I will kill it. SO....it seems in addition to the Blue Meanie I will also be playing George. Bah. Anywho, this is up in the inn, link is in my sig, just click the banner.[/COLOR]