OtakuBoards

Movie: Kung Fu Hustle

Jake of Bodom

I saw this movie a couple days after it came out, and I loved it! The martial arts were awesome, the humor was fresh and original, the characters vivid, and the spoofs hilarious. I just wanted to see what everyone thought.

And I couldn't help but notice that a good portion of the martial arts used were not Kung Fu, but actually Kenpo (unless I'm mistaken, which I very well could be). I'm quite experienced as far as Kenpo goes, so I should be able to recognise it, and there was a large fight scene somewhere in the beginning/middle of the film where these three characters fought a small army of gangsters, and one of the characters explicitly used Kenpo. I know that was a run-on sentence. Sue me. Anyway, I know that it doesn't matter what styles they were using, I just thought it would be fun to discuss. And anyway, Kung Fu plays a massive role in the movie later on, so it doesn't really matter at all.

I'll stop now.

I have been wanting to see it. It looks great. I love movies with any type of martial arts combat in it. It better not be stupid though like that "Kung-Pow: Enter The Fists" That movie was funny the first time....but stupid all the other times i saw it.

BTW:See you in court!=P

I was actually semi-interested in this movie. The fighting didn't look bad concerning perviews, trailers, and such. I was afraid it might be another generic "Kung Fu" movie. Theres so many terrible ones that have already been made, I didn't doubt that this one might be the same. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I'm short on money as it is, don't wanna waste it on a crappy movie :animenose

[size=1]Best comedy I've ever seen, hands down. ^___^

That bit where he was challenging all the people to a 1-on-1 was priceless. And then there was that bit of throwing knives and cobras. My gut hurt so much the rest of the day after seeing that. Now I want to see Shaolin Soccer again. ...And this film. I'm dragging my friends to see it for my birthday, and most of them have seen it already as well.

Trust me, it's totally worth it. I'm veryvery nitpicky about films, especially comedies, but don't let the title fool you. Just because it's a slapstick about kung fu doesn't mean it's anywhere near that piece of shite Kung Pow. Ick. I'm seeing it a second time, and yet film tickets here are $11.

Oh and the trailers are crap. They're to blame for my expectations being REALLY low at first, and the first fifteen minutes are cheesy - but you've got this huge grin on your face the entire time. Then the 'gang' goes to pig sty and from there it gets hilarious. It ended kinda fast, though. Good times, anyway. [/size]

I can't wait to see this movie but one bad thing about where I live is I have to wait months after everywhere else has seen it and sometimes they don't show some movies! :animeangr

Movies like Hero, oldboy and shoalin soccer were adverstied over here but never showen! :animedepr

But kung fu hustle looks great and its coming out on june 3rd and at least 3 moviehouses said there showing it YAY!

I hate to say this, but I love Kung Pow... I'm a Steve Odekerk fan, and I thought that movie was hilarious. Then again, I have a really wacky, random sense of humor. But again, Kung Fu Hustle is hilarious, awesome, and totally worth the money.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]I luved Kung Fu Hustle! It was sooo funny! The characters were original and new! It was a huge break from all those "boring" kung fu movies. It was funny and entertaining. It was a great movie i think! I'm going to buy it when it comes out on video! I LOVED IT!!!! :animesmil :blush: :luv: [/B] [/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/FONT]