OtakuBoards

Lix's Banners

Fyxe

[size=1][color=slategray]Well, I figured it's been awhile since I've put up any of my work... so here I am. I'll just start off with putting up one of my banners, and progress from there.

This first one is a banner I made for my Xanga site. And yes, I currently have a slight obsession with the wonderful Tom Felton, also known as the person who plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies. I hadn't used Photoshop for awhile, so it seemed kind of hard to think of what I should do. I am surprised I could even scrape this up. Tell me what you think!

There you go, and thanks for dropping by my thread. Comments would be widely appreciated.

[color=teal]I made the banner an attachment, since it enlarged the screen a bit. Hope you don't mind. ^_^ -Syk3[/color][/color][/size]

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]o_O... Seems like the other Malfoy fans have gone into hiding.

Love the colors, hon! Very stimulating (and suggests something really sinister). Pretty colors, check. Good extraction techniques, check. Nice choice of font, check. The whole thing looks balanced; good job on filling up the whole length of this huge image. Yep, yep! *pats Lix's back*

Perhaps you could make Malfoy's image a bit sharper. Yep, yep. (BTW, he looks like the drummer from [i]School of Rock[/i]. *heart* )

Age![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#FF0055][SIZE=1]*dies* He looks so gorgeous in that picture. Major Tom Felton fangirl right here!

The thing that appeals to me most about this banner (aside from his picture) is the writing you used. I'm not sure why. I think it just totally suits him and the look of the banner and the elegance of it matches Slytherin. But that's obviously the look you were going for.

That green cross....thing (XD) is also very cool, I've yet to figure out how to do that. Silly me.

Overall, very lovely. Two thumbs up.

I agree with Delta, he [I]does[/I] look like the drummer from SoR.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]Thank you for the comments! I never really thought about that, but he [i]does[/i] look like the drummer from the School Of Rock. O.o
What I do in Photoshop still mystifies even me... most of the time everything is experimental, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how to do anything. ^_^;;

Ah, yes, here are some more. These ones are a little older, things I did in the past that I never put up for comments.
First one: [B]Dead Rose[/B]
I don't really know where I got this idea, but I found this [I]lovely[/I] picture somewhere on the internet. I give total credit to whoever drew it, I just happen to be using it for a banner. I mainly just altered a bunch of colors on this one, but I've still grown fond of it in the time I've had it for my signature.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/DeadRose.jpg[/IMG]

Second one: [B]Ceres Banner[/B]
This is another one I made awhile ago. For some reason I am really drawn to it, so I've kept it on my computer for a long time. I don't really know why, but it just appeals to me.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/Aya_banner.jpg[/IMG]

Tell me what you guys think.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Lix][size=1][color=slategray]Thank you for the comments! I never really thought about that, but he [i]does[/i] look like the drummer from the School Of Rock. O.o
What I do in Photoshop still mystifies even me... most of the time everything is experimental, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how to do anything. ^_^;;

Ah, yes, here are some more. These ones are a little older, things I did in the past that I never put up for comments.
First one: [B]Dead Rose[/B]
I don't really know where I got this idea, but I found this [I]lovely[/I] picture somewhere on the internet. I give total credit to whoever drew it, I just happen to be using it for a banner. I mainly just altered a bunch of colors on this one, but I've still grown fond of it in the time I've had it for my signature.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/DeadRose.jpg[/IMG]

Second one: [B]Ceres Banner[/B]
This is another one I made awhile ago. For some reason I am really drawn to it, so I've kept it on my computer for a long time. I don't really know why, but it just appeals to me.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ShadowFox71/Aya_banner.jpg[/IMG]

Tell me what you guys think.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]
[b]Dead Rose : [/b] This one is gorgeous, I love it. I want to steal it now lol. It looks kinda like shes eating the rose though, but even that looks cool. The black and white with only the red rose, classic. The text could be more detailed I suppose but I like it how it is. Don't even think about changing anything.

[b]Ceres Banner[/b] : First off, I love Ceres. I love the image and the background, very cliche and cute. I don't know why the stripe is there though, it seems to block where any text might go. Thats the only thing that looks a bit out of place, but it still looks great. Wonderful banner and you did a really great job! [/SIZE]

[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1][QUOTE=Lix][size=1][color=slategray]
What I do in Photoshop still mystifies even me... most of the time everything is experimental, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how to do anything. ^_^;;[/color][/size][/QUOTE]Believe me, that's one of the best ways to draw something good out of Photoshop, IMO.

[b]Dead Rose[/b]
Many of the requests received by the Art Studio ask for "dark banners" or something similar. You, Lix, have something going on with this banner and it would do OB members good if you'll take their requests on. What I'm saying is that Dead Rose, in terms of choice of subject and colors, is a prime example of a good dark banner. Cheers to you![/SIZE][/COLOR]