OtakuBoards

Asestis (M-VLS)

GuyYouMetOnline

"Hey, I'm sorry I startled you, but Nida here, wanted us to move for some strange reason. So I decied I would carry you." Amon replied. "Oh. Nida, I can have my weapons back now." Amon continued. Nida handd him his weapons back, and he gladly took them. She still seemed happy, which was confusing the hell out of Amon.

"[i]Why is she so happy now? I mean she pratically had a mood swing. I wonder if she normally does this? Oh well, at least she might actually be happy, can't argue with that.[/i]" Amon thought to himself along the way.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nida nodded to herself an hummed as they went along. What she was humming as a slow high song that seemed short and repeating. She was at the head of the "pack" and she seemed pretty happy.

Laqara though to herself, [i]Her hair is pretty normal so shes not angry or sad... And why is she humming that song. It sounds familliar but i cant place it. Oh well.[/i]

Nida heard something in the nearby bushes but she didnt stop or move in any different way than she had.

"Not to worry anybody but i think someone or something is following is in the bushes and trees to our left" Nida acting casual.

OOC: Just to make sure it's clear, Eric and Saelar are ahead of our group. Also, nobody is to suspect anything. Like I said before, no seeing them out of the corner of your eye, or hearing them (I don't know if it was them you intended to have Nida hear, Frankie, but it's not going to be them), or anything. Frankie, I'm not sure what you intended Nida to have heard, so what I do with it may not be what you intended.

-----------------------------------------

The group came to a halt. Laqara inspected the bushes. There was indeed someone hiding in them. Before Laqara could react, the man turned and bolted. In his haste, he dropped something. The man didn't notice, and kept on running. Laqara picked the dropped object up. She took a look at it as she walked back to the others. It was an ordinary-looking rock, except for two things. First, the rock was a perfect circle about four inches in diameter, with a thickness of about half an inch. Second, the rock had markngs on it, a symbol of some sort. It didn't take Laqara long to recognize it.

"That man dropped this," Laqara explained as she showed it to the others. "Wouldn't be worth looking at twice if not for the shape and the symbol. even its shape wouldn't be too puzzeling, although a bit odd, but we've all seen this symbol before." And indeen they had. It was same symbol, albeit (sp?) a smaller version, as the one they'd placed their hands on to recieve their gifts. It was the symbol of the Asestis.

"This brings up a couple questions," Amon said. "First, who was that man? And second, why is there a perfectly circular rock with the symbol of the Asestis on it?"

"I have no idea," Laqara replied as the group resumed walking. "However, that man may very well come back. He'll probably be wanting his weird rock back. When he comes back for it, we'll just have to ask him."

"I don't think he'll be too willing to talk," Nida said.

Laqara smiled. "Then we'll just have to make him talk."

------------------------------------------

OOC: Nobody is to recognise the man or anything. Nobody knows who he is. Speculation is allowed, of course, and even encouraged, but nobody actually knows.

OOC: Nope i wrote it to be open for anyone to throw in somebody or something.

----

Nida nodded, "Well you know Im not so bitter about my gift. I do realize some handy things that might come from it."

"Oh really?" Laqara said half sarcasticly.

"Yeah. I can start fires, keep us warm at night, set the bad guys on fire... Its handy. The only downside really are my looks but eh... No point in whining about it now right."

"I have but one question for you, Laqara. Has Nida always been a pyro? If not, I think the change turned her into one." Amon asked. He was really jsut joking, and you could hear it in his voice. He jsut wanted to state the fact that Nida now sounded like she was a pyromaniac.

"Why would a man be carrying a rock with the symbol of the Asestis on it?" Breea wondered aloud, to herself. "So many questions and so few answers, and the answers simply lead to more questions." She sat down, rubbing her temples, her head still throbbing from the earlier blow to it.

OOC: Can we [i]please[/i] work on post length and quality, people?

--------------------------------------------

"Actually, Amon, I don't really know too much about Nida," Laqara said. "I actually haven't known her for too long. We were seperated early in life, and it wasn't that long ago that we reunited back in the village. So I really don't know her any better than you do."

"Oh," was all Amon had to say.

Laqara didn't say anything more to Amon. She had a lot to think about. [i]All right, so Nida is fire. Makes sense, given her new appearance. Me, I'm probably water. I certainly look like it. There's also the fact that, after the change, I noticed the moisture before I noticed that I was still alive.

That one's certainly something to think about. It didn't seem like the others noticed any increase in moisture, so why did it feel like that to me? Well, actually, that one's pretty obvious. I'm guessing I have water-based powers now, and it really shouldn't be too surprising that with that comes an increased perception of where water is. The moisture didn't go up; I was simply more aware of it. I'm more aware of the water now. That's te first step in learning what powers I have. The question is, what comes next?[/i]