OtakuBoards

Alchohol

Havokio

[size=1]On the holidays I persuade my mother into buying me wine coolers, which because of the occasion, She does. They suuuuure are tasty. I've drank beer before at parties and one night with my brothers while we a five hour game of monopoly. Man was that a good game of monopoly.[/size]

We Finnish people have a major issue with drinking: it's all or nothing here. People just don't know how to control their drinking, in many cases they don't even feel the need to that.

Whenever some event comes (and weekends are counted as events as well), people just have to get drunk - and I'm not speaking about getting little dipsy, I mean drink till they drop!

It's our culture, you take alcohol and you take it alot, or you are no proper Finnish. Thus I, who have witnessed what alcohol can do at it's worst, refuse to be a proper Finnish and do not drink at all. I've never even been drunk, and I'm damn proud of it!

But there's nothing I or anybody else can do to change the insane drinking habit of the people of this country, I just have to watch as more and more people die because of drunken drivers or drunken violence. The government does nothing to change this either, in fact they decreased the alcohol tax last year. Was that a smart move or what... :therock:

well i drink in the weekend mainly, so i am a weekend alcoholic, i drink anything with alcohol in it, but my fave is still beer.
aswell when i go out to my local pub and sometimes during the mid-week.
having a beer, smoking a sigaret, talking to friends.
so i need my alcohol in the weekend, if i don`t have money i drink at home :animesigh
oh well i don`t mind, not even the following days because i never have a hangover :animesmil
and i get drunk, yes i get drunk many times, but not that i get violent or anything.
but i live 3 minutes from my pub on the way to the pub so i walk, it only takes me 15 to 30 minutes on the way back home. :animesmil
i even have been sleeping when i was walking home waking up at the door, hahaha.
well i am a designated drinker, and no one minds, i only talk too much :animeswea

[COLOR=GREEN]Well I grew up in the "Big Easy" (aka- New Orleans), where underage drinking is common place. It's not like I have to go out and get wasted every night, but I do drink from time to time, and occationally get drunk. I don't really like beer, but I do like wine and mix drinks, especially strawberry daqueries(sp)-- (Note~ New Orleans is the home of the drive-thru daqueries).

When there's enough drinks around that I'm willing to drink (ie. not beer or straight liquor) I can get pretty wasted. I'm not really a violent drunk, more of a tipsy, giggly drunk.

My brother is more of a drunk than I am. Ever since late 9th grade, every weekend, him and his friends would sneek a few cases of beer into his room and get completely plastered. My mom is surprisingly well aware of this fact and is cool with it, as long as they don't leave the house. A funny story about one time they did: My brother and two of his friends, drunk, were walking in the park near our house in the middle of the night. The were stupid enough to bring his bb gun and fire it off, getting the attention of the park security guard. I guess we all do stupid stuff when we're drunk.[/COLOR]

Here in Utah, USA you have to be 21 to drink. Personally I've never cared for alcohol. I did end up having some vodka when I was only 15 cause some friends put it in the punch and I didn't realize it. All it did was make me sick though. Even though I can drink if I feel like it, I just don't care for it. It smells and tastes terriable.

I also avoid it as my older brother was run off the road by a drunk driver. He was in a coma for 3 months before he died. He never came out of the coma. :animecry: Seeing someone die pretty much cured me of ever wanting to actually drink. It's just not worth it in my opinion.

I will occasionally use alchohol t to cook with but that's about it.

I don't drink, and I'm not going to start; my family has a history of alcoholism on both sides, and I know that I have an obsessive personality besides that. I'm perfectly content being a soda junkie, as well as a life-long designated driver.

However, I do like hanging out with people that are drunk; it's like being the Seeing Man in the Land of the Blind.

I used to drink pretty heavily but I haven't actually had a sip in several months now. And when you say "drink" you mean actual alcohol right? Not beer or wine coolers or anything sissy like that? My drink of choice used to be vodka and lemonade and shots of Rumpleminze which definitely did the trick. Of course, [I]getting [/I]drunk is the best part. The after effects with the world spinning and being sick to your stomach and waking up in your own vomit is a completely different subject all together.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I can say most assuredly that I will never drink or get drunk.

I see no point in it. I cannot even stand communion wine. No, it [i]doesn't[/i] make me feel tipsy or anything, I mean we have it in [i]shot glass[/i] sized cups. But it does burn my stomach pretty nicely.

So I will not get drunk simply because,

1) I do not like the taste.
2) I do not like throwing up.
3) I don't want to. Seems pretty stupid to me. :p
and
4) I do not like the idea that I could do things without me knowing it.

So, I have tried wine, but find it vile. Therefore I do not drink. Besides that I'm only sixteen and therefore, living in Pennsylvania, am below the drinking age. [/COLOR]

Guest deathangel2008
[QUOTE=StarrStruck][COLOR=DarkRed]I can say most assuredly that I will never drink or get drunk.

I see no point in it. I cannot even stand communion wine. No, it [i]doesn't[/i] make me feel tipsy or anything, I mean we have it in [i]shot glass[/i] sized cups. But it does burn my stomach pretty nicely.

So I will not get drunk simply because,

1) I do not like the taste.
2) I do not like throwing up.
3) I don't want to. Seems pretty stupid to me. :p
and
4) I do not like the idea that I could do things without me knowing it.

So, I have tried wine, but find it vile. Therefore I do not drink. Besides that I'm only sixteen and therefore, living in Pennsylvania, am below the drinking age. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm with you...I have seen what drinking can do to a person and it's not pretty...I just don't think it's attractive..lol

[COLOR=Indigo]You're right, it isn't attractive.

But...

Sometimes I get so stressed out, that a few buddies, along with myself, just let go. Alchohol is used as a means to let go without any illegal drugs.

It can also get someone laid (man and woman).

I don't get drunk all the time, but It's good to let go every now & then. It takes alot for me to get really drunk. 8-12 beers start to get me tipsy. I lose count afterward.

I'm 6'3", and 234 lbs. I can hold 'em down for a while.

Either Sex on the Beach, or straight vodka: in response to chibihorsewoman's question.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Havokio][COLOR=Indigo]Sometimes I get so stressed out, that a few buddies, along with myself, just let go. Alchohol is used as a means to let go without any illegal drugs.

It can also get someone laid (man and woman.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I don't drink when I get stressed, I write alot when I get stressed.
Sure it's crap, but I get a lot out.

Well, I don't know about other people on this board *cough* [size=1][color=lime]deathbug[/color][/size] *cough* but I know I don't need to get someone drunk to get some....

I've only gotten drunk once. And it's 'Oh my Gods I'm gonna hurl!' drunk it was 'I think I've had too much to drive and 'Hey I'm less inhibited' drunk' I'm usually the designated driver when I go out because I don't drink that much.

I will probably never drink that much again in the first place. But I do still recommend the Sour Apple and Butterscotch scnapps together... it's like having a caramel apple. Yum[/color]

i hardly ever drink, and when i do, not only do i get stupid, i transform into MAN-WHORE!!!!!

(just imagine a guyn in a super man outfit with an M and a W on it....)

I'm also vindictive, when i am not horny. Every one starts avoiding me after awhile, unless they want to have a one nighter that i won't remember.

it's really bad when i drink tons...... i wake up with a hangover from hell and i also usually find myself somewhere i've never been, thankfully usually with my clothes on.

I drink quite alot but i dont get drunk, i have a can of cider regulary.

I have only been drunk a couple of times and only threw up once (which was really horrible, but entirely my own fault so i deserved it.)
I've drunk since i was about 12, started with alcopops. Now i drink cider, wine and malibu.