OtakuBoards

Alchohol

Havokio

Pandas gonna take offense to that :animeangr . Anyway, yeah, I drink now and then. It doesn't really please me like it does other people. I find it pretty tasteless. And its addicting, so, I don't really need another thing to waste money on.

Did someone say bamboo?! :animesmil

I don't consider myself a drinker. I will have a margarita when I go out for Mexican food or have a (yes, singular) drink if I go out with friends. Usually a gin and tonic or if I am feeling like something sweet then a mudslide. I am a lightweight when it comes to drinks. One drink and my cheeks get flushed and I look tipsy even if I am not. :animeangr

Speaking of drinking, what is the legal drinking age where you live? In Washington state it is 21 and I know many of my classmates would make a trip across the border to Canada to drink before they turned 21 since, I believe, the drinking age is (or was) 18. Oh and just out of curiosity, how many of you have consumed an alcoholic beverage before the legal drinking age? I admit that I did have a drink before my 21st birthday. How about the rest of you?

[color=darkviolet]I don't drink very often. Just when I go out to eat or if I'm bored I may have a beer. A bottle of beer.

I only got drunk once, and I don't even know if I was really that drunk. I took a dare from a few friends and ran around a neighborhood topless. One of the girls took pictures and gave me the copies. I gave them to Lincoln who left them laying around our bedroom and one of our friends found them when he was helping us move. :animeblus

Other than that, I'm not much of a drinker.

As for Panda's question. The legal drinkng age in New York State is 21, like everywhere else...well I heard that LA has a drinking age of 19. But I think that may just be a rumor. I know that in Korea the legal age is 20, but I think the age in Canada is 19. I'm not sure.

Okay, now I'll add on to this, what is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

I like Carona lighht with a slice of lime or a Screaming Orgasm... and no I didn't just type that for the sake of typing it!

Ps, did anyone else think of the Song: Alcohal by Bare Naked Ladies when they saw the title?[/color]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]I'm from the UK so the legal drinking age is 18...though most people start by the time they're 14 heh. I only turned 18 last year and I've been drinking well before that, its not much fun when you're legal anyways, although I'll admit, it does make it easier to get into pubs and clubs ^_~.

I don't drink as much as I used to. When I was younger I was going through the 'getting drunk is fun' stage. I used to go out to a lot of house parties and get drunk and stuff. I remember new years eve 2002-03 I was drunk by 8.00pm I threw up in the sink several times and in the toilet once. I did something which really impressed my friends, I swayed a bit, straightened, put my drink on the counter, then collapsed. Quite funny to watch so I'm told. Apparently I fell asleep in the bathtub (no there wasn't water in it).

They were goo times ^_^.

Nowadays I don't get drunk very often, I now have enough sense to know that the hangover isn't worth the drunkeness. Sure I go out for drinks, I'm at the pub every monday. I'll drink Taboo and lemonade (even though I was told today that you have to stop drinking Taboo by the age of 13 "its the law" lol), Bacardi and Coke, Archers Schnaps and Coke or lemonade, Tia Maria and Coke, Southern Comfort and Coke, Budweiser, Fosters, WKD, Scotch whiskey though apparently I'm banned from that because of some xmas escapades last year heh.

Among my friends I am something of a lightweight, so if I'm among a group of lightweights whom I'm not normally with I have a tendency to try and show off, which usually gets me into trouble (see the xmas comment above ^_~).

I actually think that was the last time I was drunk too. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[size=1]Over here in Australia, the legal drinking age is 18. When I was camping last school holidays, I had a drink or two, but I was only 'drunk' to the degree of being a bit unsteady. I didn't even pass out, so I can't have ben that drunk :p

I'd had two Jack Daniels & Cola that night. And later on, I flew out of my tent and threw wup. Not that you wanted to know that, lol. I think the deal with underage drinking is that its exciting and makes you appear cool to your friends. I know heaps of people who go to parties all the time and regularly get completely smashed. Frankly, I don't see the point. Can't people have fun without alcohol?[/size]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]Wow, two drinks huh? Here's me thinking I was the lightweight around here ^_~.

Anyways, of course people can have fun without copious amounts of alcohol. In fact I often think its better that way. I mean, one or two drinks are okay, 'cause they loosen you up and get things going, but after that stuff starts going wrong, people start getting sick, fights happen. Not to mention the whole getting drunken people home thing.

You're right, fun is much funner without alcohol, cheers![/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm drunk as I post this, and I'm 17.

Well I've just attended a sixth form party, and me, living in England, can easily get served in venues that lack security. I feel the whole getting drunk thing can make nights alot easier to enjoy, but Jesus, ever since the Italy Ski Trip, do I look ahead to the hangover, and weigh out which is more worth it.

You'd ask for a Vodka and Red Bull, and you get a massive pint glass, 3/4 full of Vodka and the rest Red Bull for 5 euros in Italy. It's expensive but you get your money's worth. And jeez did I feel it in the morning. I was still hammered when I woke up, despite throwing up.

I don't know, it seems countries with a lower drinking age like Italy, which is 16, has a lower drink/yob problem. Probably because it's easily accessible and seems less 'cool' or whatever.

Anyway, I've got work at 9, so I'm going to bed. :/

[size=1]It was the first time I'd ever drunk more than a sip, lol. But yeah, I am a lightweight. My dad though is a cast-iron stomach. He drank a whole Cougar bottle [11 standard drinks] in not much over an hour, and wasn't even drunk. He's a bit of an alcoholic, lol, but still. I was impressed :p[/size]

I'm not too sure what the drinking age in the rest of Canada is, but in Quebec it's 3, or so they say. 18 is when it become's mandatory, so take a trip across the boarder and get smashed!! We need the econamy :animesigh

Well, when you come from the single greatest beer-producing nation on earth, sans the Neatherlands and maybe Germany, you really, really start young. Because Quebec is full of french people, and you know how much french people like their alcohol... Let's just say a few La Fin De Monde (The End of the World, a beer produced by Unibrou, with 10% alchahol content) and you start hating Quebec... Good times... Good times. Seriously, come across the boarder and grab some brew from Quebec and you'll never leave our fine land... Even the American beers, i.e Bud, that are produced in Canada ( I think that bud import is brewed by Labatts, so that's a definate bonus) are alot better than in the states. Anyone who's tried both knows what I mean...

Oh, and I'm sure the drinking age was installed to prevent leener kids from drinking. I'm 13, 240 pounds, and can handle my share of alchahol... Bunch of wimps getting drunk...

I Had a drink once at my brothers 18th (I was 15). However after a couple of mouthfuls I just left It. The taste wasnt exactly something id like in a drink. well in any case i much prefer a glass of milk. yes i realise thats a cliche but i really do love milk.

whoops went slightly off topic there. I live in the Uk and the legal age is 18. I still dont see the appeal of alcohol but thats probably because i just dont like the taste :animeswea

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Good grief, I must be a feather weight then.

I can barely finish an entire Apple flavoured Archer Schnapps and you'll find me quite immobile. Then maybe 2 hours later the hangover kicks in and I pop some panadol and in half an hour I'm back on my feet partying 0_o

So, in short.. I'm a small person and things pass me by so quickly I really can't be bothered drinking anymore. I just can't drink enough to make it worthwhile.

Btw, the drinking age in NZ is 18 too however there are debates to push the drinking age back up. And yes, I am a minor and yes, I do have a couple of apple schnapps hiding in my closet waiting for a special occassion. I can't help it, they don't taste of alcohol :p

Although this just reminds me of the after-ball last year. The best part of the night was seeing two of my female friends get dared to hook up. The only problem was that one of them was so drunk she had her mouth wide open and pounced on the other person in a way that was very difficult to watch.

Don't worry Shinji172, I prefer a glass of milk too :catgirl: [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Ok, well my story is a little different to everyone else's. I am only fifteen, so I am three years under the legal drinking age here [the UK], but I do drink. I don't particularly like the taste of alcohol, but I do drink it because I like the sensation of being drunk.

I have, however, only been drunk once, at a friend-of-a-friend's 18th birthday party, when I had three pints of Foster's and couldn't quite stand up straight afterwards. But I blame that entirely on the bartender. As it was a private party, they hired a private bar where you could buy drinks, and as long as you had money and looked vaguely old enough, they would serve you. I, of course, am taller than my 18-year-old brother [Blackjack], so it was relatively easy for me to get served.

So, in comparison to my friends, I am quite a lightweight, but apparently not compared to you, you soft Americans! [Only joking, guys, I love you really][/SIZE]

I am one of those boring people that don't drink (yet), so skip this post if you were looking for an account of my escapades in the land of Alcohol =P

The smell of beer puts me off drinking it; I wouldn't mind trying out some wine but so far I've not really been tempted to sip it up. To put it simply: alcohol doesn't interest me, neither in taste or effect.

My body's chemicals run wild enough for me to experience something close to (or possibly [I]beyond[/I] O.o) a state of drunkeness [I]without [/I]using the aid of toxins and if I want to gulp down something tasty I'll just grab the milk =D

There is however [URL=http://www.friedlin.com/underberg.html]one [U]alcoholic fluid[/U][/URL] that I drink, merely because it averts stomach illness fiercly well. The taste is [I]horrid[/I], your throat and stomach [B]burns[/B], but it does the trick in eliminating those buggers that try to make you sick.

[Color=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]Mmn, I drink occasionally...and that is, when there's an occasion or a free drink happens to be available.

We usually have wine every New Year's Eve and well, our parent's allow the younger kids for a few sips. As for me, I just take one glass.. two if I love the taste.

Beers are blegh. Mimminx is right. Just the smell of it makes me wanna throw up. Light beers mixed with something like juice or coke is sometimes good.

Getting drunk is just lame. We can all have fun with just music, chips and softdrinks.[/SIZE][/Color]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080]I do drink occasionally, but it's rare. Usually only at major social functions.

But there's a lot of stuff I don't like. I don't like beer or anything close to it; I still don't know what the appeal of a bitter drink is, lol.

If I drink at all, it's usually either some sort of vodka or scotch-and-whatever (cola, lime, whatever else). But that's about it really. Scotch is nice...but if you have it on its own, it does taste remarkably like petrol (or what I imagine petrol to taste like). So drinking it raw is something that doesn't appeal to me very much, although I do very occasionally have some without anything mixed in.

I've never really had an addictive personality though, so things such as alcohol and cigarettes have never really been all that appealing to me. I mean, I've tried both, but I've never found either to be appealing enough to do regularly.[/color][/font]

[size=1]I don't mind have a couple drinks now and then but I've never had so much that I've been completely and utterly drunk, and I don't plan to. Almost all alcohol is very much an acquired taste, anyway, and I'm not going to force myself to drink a lot of something I don't even like in order to get drunk, act like a moron, and then throw up some few hours later. Yeah, what a party.

With all that said, there are some drinks that I absolutely love and I look forward to buying them legally. Mike's Hard Lemonade is particularly delicious, but any kind of tropical drink (margaritas, daiqueries) will definitely float my boat. There's this kind of vodka called Hypnotica that's blue and also pretty tasty, surprisingly enough. Can't stand JD, though. Barf.[/size]

[quote name='Fallen][SIZE=1]So, in comparison to my friends, I am quite a lightweight, but apparently not compared to you, you soft Americans! [Only joking, guys, I love you really'][/SIZE][/quote][size=1]I assume you're talking about me, lol. I'm Australian.

Yeah thats right. And I wrestle crocodiles in my spare time![/size]

I will never drink any alcohol it is likely. That's my pledge at this point, and I'll stick by it more than likely. Even when I turn 21, I won't be getting drunk and start drinking just because suddenly I"m at the drinking age.

I tend to stray heavily away from drugs, and so this is the case with alcohol as well. I've seen the pointlessness of drugs enough already. Every day I watch my mom commit suicide with a cigarette, albeit it is slower than the typical suicide. It just doesn't appeal to me. I also don't drink any pop any longer, either; I gave it up. No more caffeine. I'm drug-free.

I have a few years yet until I turn 19, but I think I can safely say I have next to no alcohol tolerance, whatsoever.

I've had small amounts of wine on holidays, after which I promptly turn bright red and feel like I am going to fall asleep in the filo pastry.

I took one sip of peach wine last Thanksgiving and fell asleep at the table a few minutes later. (Good thing there was no food there, I guess.)

[quote name='Panda']I don't consider myself a drinker. I will have a margarita when I go out for Mexican food or have a (yes, singular) drink if I go out with friends. Usually a gin and tonic or if I am feeling like something sweet then a mudslide. I am a lightweight when it comes to drinks. One drink and my cheeks get flushed and I look tipsy even if I am not. :animeangr [/quote]

This pretty much explains it for me. Panda and I have the same problem, I get tipsy WAY too easily or either my cheeks get all red and people constantly ask me if I'm drunk lol. I enjoy Kahlua, Margaritas, and Dacquri's although weak are really quite good. I know they are girly drinks, but I can't keep down a beer for some reason, its just way too strong. I can't even handle a Cosmos, blah those are bad. Oh and by the way, California has the law of 21 and over also, and I'm almost 18. So that gives you a kind of hint ^^ but no I don't drink often. On few occasions actually.

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I've never really had a taste for alcohol, which is why I'll only drink at parties or on holiday, that said it's really only beer that I dislike drinking because it's just too damn bitter for my tastes. On holiday however I'll drink a fair bit most nights, a couple of vodkas and coke or pineapple juice, some cocktails [I was introduced to the sublime pinacolada last year] just generally enough to get the kind of drunk feeling without falling all over the place.

After getting back from holidays however I won't touch anything, unless it's a party in which case I tend to get a bit drunk but not nearly as bad as on holiday. The drinking age in Ireland is 18 and above like most countries, but I'll admit that I've been drinking since probably about sixteen, although it's only on a rare basis. [I]Drinking is bad, m'kay[/I].[/SIZE]

[color=gray][size=1]I almost never drink unless I go out or when I go to a party. I hardly go to any of those -.-;
In spain the drinking age doesn't matter really, so when you go to a bar, they'll keep giving you alcohol until you drop (it happens -__-). In the Netherlands (here right where I sit on my chair, in my room, in my house, in my town, in my country, being Dutch) people sell alcohol to you when you are 16. This is the main reason why people get drunk in parties over here I guess >.>;

I never get drunk, I know where my limit is so I don't get further than a bit dizzy when climbing stairs. Ph34r m3.[/color][/size]

HI all, I am new to the boards. I do drink with friends at house parties and such, but it isn't an addiction. We do play some good drinking games and such though. All in all, I can take about 4 beers or so before I feel tipsy.

i son't drink heaps but I do drink fairly frequently. After the last time i dtrank i ahven't really had the money to drink. there are some very tasty things out there and in Australia the drinking age is 18.