OtakuBoards

Children of Bodom

Jake of Bodom

One of Finland's finest bands, Children of Bodom, is releasing a new album within the next year. This thread is for discussion on the band's previous work, why they're so awesome, and the new album.

Has anyone heard anything about the new album yet? I know they announced the title, but I can't remember what it is :animeswea.

Well, I was never really a big fan of Bodom. They're ok I guess, but I've heard their stuff, as well as seen them live, and I was never really impressed. A lot of their stuff is just boring to me. Anyway, I can see that you love the band, and theres several bands I love, and I wouldn't like anyone bashing on them. So...

CHILDREN OF BODOM RULES!!!

I don't exactly find the music boring, its more of the lyrics. I think they have pretty solid music ability, I really don't like the screamer. Maybe its just a personal preference, but I believe if they changed it up a bit they'd be a lot better.

Atreyu is my favorite band at the moment. I've had a real connection to them ever since the first song I heard. I love the music, the lyrics are amazing, and they put on a hell of a live show. I'm also really into Norma Jean, Killswitch Engage, stuff like that. I've heard a lot of stuff from other countries, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, etc. I just find it hard to relate to I guess.

I'm okay with Bodom. They're music sounds unique but it gets boring like kakashi said. They've got some creepy lyrics though which is awesome. That's cool that they're coming out with a new album and I'll definetly check it out when it's released.

Oh, so x kakashi x, you're into metalcore/hardcore. And as far as bands from other countries, I don't mean EVERY band from other countries. For instance, you mentioned Rammstein, who I really don't like at all. I just think that all the really good metal stuff from Scandinavia is awesome (In Flames, Kalmah, Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Nightrage, *old* Arch Enemy, At the Gates, stuff like that).

I have to mention this, by the way: I love Bodom's song called "Kissing the Shadows". If you've never heard it, find it online and download it or something. There's a riff in there that is so awesome, my head a-splode. By the way, are you guys basing your opinions solely on the newest album (Hate Crew Deathroll)? Because I think that Follow the Reaper is a much better C.D.

Their latest CD (Hate crew death..) was a little disappointing. If you listen to that album and decide its a little boring I can understand it, because its not nearly as good as Follow the Reaper or the album before that (name escapes me). I'm hoping their yet to be released album goes back to the feel of their older stuff.

I'm not really big into the metal scene (especially not the scandinavian metal scene) but Bodom really stands out to me. I wouldn't worry so much about the lyrics, lyrics for heavy metal bands almost always are cheesy. Thats what makes them fun, to not take them too seriously.

[QUOTE=satan665]Their latest CD (Hate crew death..) was a little disappointing. If you listen to that album and decide its a little boring I can understand it, because its not nearly as good as Follow the Reaper or the album before that (name escapes me). I'm hoping their yet to be released album goes back to the feel of their older stuff.

I'm not really big into the metal scene (especially not the scandinavian metal scene) but Bodom really stands out to me. I wouldn't worry so much about the lyrics, lyrics for heavy metal bands almost always are cheesy. Thats what makes them fun, to not take them too seriously.[/QUOTE]

The albums before were called Hatebreeder and Something Wild.

And metal lyrics aren't all cheesy (that's mostly power metal! \m/). Try Tool, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, Opeth, Lamb of God, Trivium... there's a hell of a lot more, these are just upcoming on my iTunes playlist, so they're at the forefront of my mind right now. Metal actually dabbles in some very interesting philisophical, political, and spiritual depths of which many genres never even touch on.

As far as Bodom goes... it's about the amazing musicianship, not the lyrics. Many hardcore Hate Crew-ers don't know half the lyrics to a quarter of Bodom's songs - but they can easily sing along with the guitar solos!